Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. (17590 Views)

When Life Bends You, You Can Choose To Not Let It Break You / Hilarious New Year Resolution My Friend Sent Me On Whatsapp / Top Ten New Year Resolutions: Whatz Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Tallesty1(m): 8:16am On Dec 29, 2014
New Year's Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the coming year. It's a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes.

Below Are The Commonly Made New Year Resolutions You Can Chose From.

1. Spend More Time with Family & Friends
Recent polls conducted by General Nutrition Centers, Quicken, and others shows that more than 50% of Professionals vow to appreciate loved ones and spend more time with family and friends this year.

Will you do the same?

2. Fit in Fitness
Regular exercise has been associated with more health benefits than anything else known to man. Studies show that it reduces the risk of some cancers, increases longevity, helps achieve and maintain weight loss, enhances mood, lowers blood pressure, and even improves arthritis. In short, exercise keeps you healthy and makes you look and feel better so make exercise a priority.

3. Quit Womanizing.
Just like drinking and smoking, a lot of people have promise to stamp out their womanizing habit this year. Would you wanna join them? It is a nice idea and you won't regret doing it it.

4. Quit Smoking
If you have resolved to make this the year that you stamp out your smoking habit, over-the-counter availability of nicotine replacement therapy now provides easier access to proven quit-smoking aids. Even if you've tried to quit before and failed, don't let it get you down. On average, smokers try about four times before they quit for good. Start enjoying the rest of your smoke-free life!

5. Enjoy Life More
Given the hectic, stressful lifestyles of Nigerians, it is no wonder that "enjoying life more" has become a popular resolution in recent years. It's an important step to a happier and healthier you!

6. Quit Drinking
While many people use the New Year as an incentive to finally stop drinking, most are not equipped to make such a drastic lifestyle change all at once. Many heavy drinkers fail to quit cold turkey but do much better when they taper gradually, or even learn to moderate their drinking. If you have decided that you want to stop drinking, there is a world of help and support available.

7. Get Out of Debt
Was money a big source of stress in your life this year? Join the millions of People who have resolved to spend 2015 getting a handle on their finances. It's a promise that will repay itself many times over in the year ahead.

8. Learn Something New
Have you vowed to make this year the year to learn something new? Perhaps you are considering a career change, want to learn a new language, or just how to fix your computer? Whether you take a course or read a book, you'll find education to be one of the easiest, most motivating New Year's resolutions to keep.

9. Be Good And Help Others
A popular, non-selfish New Year's resolution, volunteerism can take many forms. Whether you choose to spend time helping out at your local library, mentoring a child, building a house, or Helping the poors and needy in your street, there are many nonprofit volunteer organizations that could really use your help.

10. Get Organized
On just about every New Year resolution, organization can be a very reasonable goal. Whether you want your home organized enough that you can invite someone over on a whim, or your life so you can attract your dream person, or your office organized enough that you can find the stapler when you need it, these tips and resources should get you started on the way to a more organized life.

Happy Chosing.

You Can Add Yours.

21 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by TrishaP(f): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2014
Tallesty1:
New Year's Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly, forward to the coming year. It's a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes.

Recent polls conducted by General Nutrition Centers, Quicken, and others shows that more than 50% of Professionals vow to appreciate loved ones and spend more time with family and friends this year.

Will you do the same?

2. Fit in Fitness
Regular exercise has been associated with more health benefits than anything else known to man. Studies show that it reduces the risk of some cancers, increases longevity, helps achieve and maintain weight loss, enhances mood, lowers blood pressure, and even improves arthritis. In short, exercise keeps you healthy and makes you look and feel better so make exercise a priority.

3. Quit Womanizing.
Just like drinking and smoking, a lot of people have promise to stamp out their womanizing habit this year. Would you wanna join them? It is a nice idea and you won't regret doing it it.

4. Quit Smoking
If you have resolved to make this the year that you stamp out your smoking habit, over-the-counter availability of nicotine replacement therapy now provides easier access to proven quit-smoking aids. Even if you've tried to quit before and failed, don't let it get you down. On average, smokers try about four times before they quit for good. Start enjoying the rest of your smoke-free life!

5. Enjoy Life More
Given the hectic, stressful lifestyles of Nigerians, it is no wonder that "enjoying life more" has become a popular resolution in recent years. It's an important step to a happier and healthier you!

6. Quit Drinking
While many people use the New Year as an incentive to finally stop drinking, most are not equipped to make such a drastic lifestyle change all at once. Many heavy drinkers fail to quit cold turkey but do much better when they taper gradually, or even learn to moderate their drinking. If you have decided that you want to stop drinking, there is a world of help and support available.

7. Get Out of Debt
Was money a big source of stress in your life this year? Join the millions of People who have resolved to spend 2015 getting a handle on their finances. It's a promise that will repay itself many times over in the year ahead.

8. Learn Something New
Have you vowed to make this year the year to learn something new? Perhaps you are considering a career change, want to learn a new language, or just how to fix your computer? Whether you take a course or read a book, you'll find education to be one of the easiest, most motivating New Year's resolutions to keep.

A popular, non-selfish New Year's resolution, volunteerism can take many forms. Whether you choose to spend time helping out at your local library, mentoring a child, building a house, or Helping the poors and needy in your street, there are many nonprofit volunteer organizations that could really use your help.

10. Get Organized
On just about every New Year resolution, organization can be a very reasonable goal. Whether you want your home organized enough that you can invite someone over on a whim, or your life so you can attract your dream person, or your office organized enough that you can find the stapler when you need it, these tips and resources should get you started on the way to a more organized life.

Happy Chosing.

You Can Add Yours.
11. Quit negative people
12. Fight hard for what I believe in..
13. Consistent tithe payment
14. Work harder for my money
15. Invest

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by alberto2k(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2014
Nice Op..
A cup of mallam musa's shayi for u

*Try to make more money... Get a part-time job to fetch u more income

*Vote out failed and incompetent leaders in Nigeria i.e vote for change vote for GMB!

7 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by dunkem21(m): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2014
Inspiring.

May the Lord give me the special grace to keep my resolutions, as we slide into the new year. I have always fallen aside and never kept any of my resolutions.

I yield to you Lord in total submission. I need your grace to stay through. Uphold me in your right hand that I may not falter.

Thank you Lord.

7 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Tallesty1(m): 8:45am On Dec 29, 2014
TrishaP:

11. Quit negative people
12. Fight hard for what I believe in..
13. Consistent tithe payment
14. Work harder for my money
15. Invest
Wow... Spot on

5 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Tallesty1(m): 8:46am On Dec 29, 2014
alberto2k:
Nice Op..
A cup of mallam musa's shayi for u

*Try to make more money... Get a part-time job to fetch u more income

*Vote out failed and incompetent leaders in Nigeria i.e vote for change vote for GMB!
hahahahahaha...

Let the better person win.
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Tallesty1(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2014
dunkem21:
Inspiring.

May the Lord give me the special grace to keep my resolutions, as we slide into the new year. I have always fallen aside and never kept any of my resolutions.

I yield to you Lord in total submission. I need your grace to stay through. Uphold me in your right hand that I may not falter.

Thank you Lord.
He will do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by dunkem21(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2014
Tallesty1:
He will do it for you.

Thanks bro.

He will embarrass with you blessings.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by juianne95(f): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2014
Number 10 though... sad..i really need to get organized

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Tallesty1(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2014
dunkem21:

Thanks bro.

He will embarrass you with blessings.
*shouts a thunderous amen* Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Tallesty1(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2014
juianne95:
Number 10 though... sad..i really need to get organized
Almost everybody needs that, even the op

6 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by dunkem21(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2014
Tallesty1:
*shouts a thunderous amen* Thank You.

..and among your peers, you shall stand Tallest.

..One mention, One blessing.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Icekeeng(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Tallesty1:

Will you do the same?

2. Fit in Fitness

3. Quit Womanizing.

4. Quit Smoking

5. Enjoy Life More

6. Quit Drinking

7. Get Out of Debt

8. Learn Something New

10. Get Organized

Happy Chosing.

You Can Add Yours.
Actually i do not believe in ''new year resolutions''! You may never actualise any permanently.... All i'll say is live your life to the fullest but do what you think is right always! ''New year resolutions'' are mere factors of distraction!!!

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Tallesty1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
To you maybe.
Icekeeng:

Actually i do not believe in ''new year resolutions''! You may never actualise any permanently.... All i'll say is live your life to the fullest but do what you think is right always! ''New year resolutions'' are mere factors of distraction!!!
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by b3llo(m): 4:48am On Dec 30, 2014
Tallesty1:

Will you do the same?

2. Fit in Fitness

3. Quit Womanizing.

4. Quit Smoking

5. Enjoy Life More

6. Quit Drinking

7. Get Out of Debt

8. Learn Something New

10. Get Organized

Happy Chosing.

You Can Add Yours.
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by AfricanApple(f): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
I don't believe in new year new resolution, these changes are changes one should make at any point in time. the only thing special about new year is the extra smiling faces, excess rice eating, filled dustbins and new new cloths else nothing special about it. a new dawn is more special to me than a new year

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Emenandez4lyf(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
As 4 me, i wanna do this #BodyBuilding #AbstainFromSex #WannaPrayHarder #TakeMyStudiesSeriously #FarwellTo2014Failures #AbstainFromGalsWhims

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by juianne95(f): 7:24am On Dec 31, 2014
Emenandez4lyf:
As 4 me, i wanna do this #BodyBuilding #AbstainFromSex #WannaPrayHarder #TakeMyStudiesSeriously #FarwellTo2014Failures #AbstainFromGalsWhims
am srzly waiting to see how this goes *arms crossed*

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by freshness2020: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2014
Another carry over exam for some folks!
They keep rewriting and rewriting! I pray they don't have a spill over for 2015!
..cheers to 2015 baby!

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Nmeri17: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
[size=18pt] friends are already asking about new year resolution.
owky My 2015 resolution is to complete the task of
2014 which I planned in 2013 which I thought about in

I'm so proud of myself cheesy cheesy
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by veekid(m): 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
nice!!
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by hatux: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
#No more drinking#No more womanizing#Face studies#No more lies#Prayerful#

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by jingh(f): 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
just get more closer to God

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Smurfette(f): 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
My only resolution- learn something new. A lot of people will make resolutions and then break them immediately cos they are not resolving to do anything different. They are just wishing.
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
Nyc one op cheesy bt that number 3 go hard for sum pple sha grin

well i want to use dis opportunity to thank d lord for d protection n good deeds in my family n friendz lyf, 365 dayz no be beans oo. . . cheesy
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by ucheeee(m): 8:16am On Dec 31, 2014
In all, live a positive life.
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by moscobabs(m): 8:17am On Dec 31, 2014
stop spending on ladies

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by DrWalter: 8:18am On Dec 31, 2014
To stop spending on women and get married

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by fubbyy(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2014
Nice
Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by lonngmann(m): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2014
Hw can yu enjoy life more if you quit womanizing
11) make money
12) invest
13) read books
14) learn a foriegn language (french)
15) workout...its time to change from lonngmann to Macho man

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by anthoniaz(f): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2014
Anger management.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten New Year Resolution Ideas You Can Choose From. by lastchild: 8:19am On Dec 31, 2014
* change town
* invest more on spirituality
* seek more knowledge of who I am
* pick up my dumped book of rhymes
* pay my tithe
* quit midnight prayers
* make sure I have a child
* learn new language(preferably french)
* bodybuilding(though I've already started)
* become extremely extrovert
* develope "I no send" attitude
* forgive my father

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shocking! This Young Man Harshly Grabbing D Lady's Breast! / Create a Personal Thread for Yourself Here / Dead Mermaid Found In Malaysia After Tsunamiand Adorn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.