Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Appeal To All: Feminism - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appeal To All: Feminism (18568 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bennyrazz: 2:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
bukatyne:

Bennyrazz,

I am not interested in any back and forth on this thread

The man/woman is the head thingy was used for explanation purposes

This thread was not even to discussion feminism/anti-feminism...

Kindly read the OP again

if it was not that @bolded , why did you include "feminism" as part of the topic? is it to drive traffic to your thread or what? you shouldn't have also mentioned "feminists" in your post it would have made a whole lot of sense. We know most of the people claiming to be feminist on here just feel like expressing themselves in a way they feel they can't express themselves in the real world because they are cowards that teach what they don't practice and I see no reason why you should advocate for their silly unrealistic agendas.
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
bennyrazz:
if it was not that @bolded , why did you include "feminism" as part of the topic? is it to drive traffic to your thread or what? you shouldn't have also mentioned "feminists" in your post it would have made a whole lot of sense. We know most of the people claiming to be feminist on here just feel like expressing themselves in a way they feel they can't express themselves in the real world because they are cowards that teach what they don't practice and I see no reason why you should advocate for their silly unrealistic agendas.

bennyrazz,

Read the OP

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bennyrazz: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
bukatyne:

bennyrazz,

Read the OP
why are you hiding? are you scared or what??
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
bennyrazz:
why are you hiding? are you scared or what??

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bennyrazz: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Caveatemptor(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
It is obvious that the OP had her hidden agenda for opening this thread,which was to revive and invigorate the feminists versus the anti feminists internet warfare. It is good to see that the moderators have seen through her and refused to yeild to her appeal for the thread to be closed.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by KingTom(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mondisweets:
go to sleep
undecided
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Nobody: 3:12am On Jan 01, 2015
aisha2:

Stay in the kitchen let it be ya 2015 resolution. Stop giving these boys high blood pressure

Soooo........what you're trying to say is that my future ambition of hiring a calabar cook is a no no?

grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by kaboninc(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2015
I am commenting not because I can't avoid issues like this, nor I do not have a differing opinion. But because I felt the need to do as issues like this is a threat to me and my kinds. How on earth will you think a man will not show concern on issues like 'feminism' when it is a direct threat to his existence, his responsibilities, his authority?

Feminism is defined as the advocacy of women's right on the ground of equality of the sexes
Equality is also defined as the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.

The only difference between these two is the absence of 'women'. However, the term Equality covers both sexes, men and women. as pointed out by damiso.

Now why do I say I feel threatened? The idea behind Feminism is to extend equal opportunities which used to be exclusive to males to females. These opportunities were in the areas of politics, education, religion, business and administration, employment, etc. As put by wikipedia, their aim is to define, establish, and defend equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights for women.

However, when these rights are extended to the FAMILY, that is where men are forced to object, in every way they can. Ordinary, a man with an objective, and informed mindset will of course champion the rights of equal education opportunities for both genders as seen by the support of Malala Yousafzai on her activist role on female education. No one who is the leader in my own home simply because I agree to the fact that we are equal.

Today, there are different views on the aims of feminism even within the feminist fold. But the most dangerous, vile and caustic are those set of individuals who bring these ideas into the home. Is it not ironic that the main advocates (today's celebrities whose homes are breaking apart) are the unmarried ladies and while the followers are the married ladies? You never know what it means to be married until you are married. These are the ladies who compete with their partner(s) rather than as teammate?

Another reason behind the push for 'equal opportunity' is the need to be 'financially independent'. But being independent is a relative and subjective term. Being independent in the sense that you can carter for yourself if you do not have a support and do not need to have a support. However, independent from your home (husband) even in financial situations? If you say yes, think again.

I personally do not have any problem with 'equal opportunities' for all. I will support you, male or female in whatever way I can. But if you choose to roll with me, on that two-man journey, I will never tolerate any form of competition from you. We are not competing for anything.

So Bukatyne, please do not bother (or wonder) about people commenting or showing interest in things they detest or hate. They just have to. And so do you. If you don't that does not mean the next man/woman should follow your steps. Its just like saying that because you hate corruption, you won't comment on it. Who knows if your opinion will be the much needed solution to the problem.

Happy New Year everyone!

4 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by iykedare(m): 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
bukatyne:

Exactly what the thread is about

You do not like feminism, avoid them and their threads/posts

Why should anyone avoid feminism? It is like dirts to the human race. tongue why do we ignore dirts, we should simply get rid of it.

I would be happy if you answer crackhaus' questions.
Thanks and compliments of the season.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by iykedare(m): 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2015
Double Post
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by iykedare(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
edwife:
Agreed but that's goes both way too,i just think family section was meant to educate,advice and support every issues concerning marriage,kids,family etc...but recently it has become very childish....romance section is no longer conducive for them,so many kids around here... undecided undecided

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.I also noticed anytime a lady speaks her mind which goes against a group of ladies's posts,she is seen as an enemy or she is seeking for men to cheer her up?like seriously?We can't think the same can we?We all have different backgrounds.Same applies to the men,when a guy is on the ladies's side.

Family section isn't fun anymore,too many bias arguments and gang up.....SMH
I avoid commenting in most of the threads these days,no point really....

Ma,I got mad respect for you. You are one of those who give your stand on issues without trying to please the childish people who constantly rains abuses on the men folks.
Continue to standout.

And also to the likes of mutter,chaircover etc

4 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by iykedare(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
bukatyne:

I have requested the thread be closed but the moderators think otherwise or have not seen my post

Why would you ask the mods to close the thread? Should you dictate when and if the thread stays alive?

bukatyne:

If I believe women are the head of the family and ......

Smh for you. Who did this to you?

3 Likes

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bjtinz: 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
I hear feminists are good in bed. i.e they are more willing to explore different positions rather than let the man take the lead all the time. How true? grin grin grin

But seriously I wonder why them feminist don't channel their energy towards rehabilitating the zillions of girls that line the streets of zone 4, Abuja, Allen in LAgos or Ihama in Benin. Why focus on the family?

1 Like

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by dinachi(m): 9:04am On Jan 02, 2015
bjtinz:
I hear feminists are good in bed. i.e they are more willing to explore different positions rather than let the man take the lead all the time. How true? grin grin grin
?
On the contrary,most feminists have atrociously smelling puccys....they stink like hell...some have strong anti-social behavior...and of course,they are never objective....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by Shirley07: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2015
coogar:

you are a verminous cretin!
how do you people sleep at night with this level of stupidity in your genes? you mean Jesus retained some curses and lifted some? grin cheesy grin

you are a consummate rëtard!
until adam & eve were cursed, no other human existed. no other woman gave birth & no other man tilled the soil. how could it be a norm when it was unprecedented? is this what you would tell your kids? women like you should be legally prohibited from having kids.

you have no hope!
you are just a mere gentile - you were never in God's grand plan. the refusal of the jews to grasp the gospel is the reason you suddenly see yourself as part of the grand plan.

even your pastor would get tutored by me - i finished the bible at the age of 15 - i have perused it more than a dozen times since then. at your age, you never knew adam had a mistress before eve & you called yourself a christian? may amadioha impregnate you with a dozen goblins.

you disgrace yourself & your church. get out of my sight before you embarrass yourself further.
Where did I say that?

I said none of the curse took its stand except death.
In that case, eventhough Christ lifted all curses, the only visible one was death because God in his merciful love had already cancelled most of it.
Like I said earlier, you're just so dumb to have any intelligent discourse with. If you aint, your brain would tell you it's a norm to expect a woman to have pains when birthing a child. If you could expect a woman to have pain when having sex for the first time, why argue birth pains?
Better still, visit a gaylord to rïm your anäl hole and tell me if that doesn't hurt. You would probably understand better that way.
What's so difficult to understand that Once Eve knows about sex, she's bound to have pains as a consequence which God told her?
Also, you can't provide everything for someone and expect not to have some form of control over them which God also told Eve. God's curse was 'as long as men work to feed the women, he would rule over them." Infact, God's true intent was made known when he made Deborah a judge/ruler, made Moses to give inheritance to the 2 daughters of Zelophehad and made Moses' sister, Mariam a prophet.
By the way, the tedious work assigned to the men were even made easier when God sent rain and now with the arrival technology, it's more easier. That's not to talk of the involvement of women in these same work cry babies like you are getting worked up over. So pls get a life.
When scientist made it known that men are the dumbest fools out there, it was an understatement because I'm seeing one right here. You should either get a brain or get lost. I don't want to be bothered spoon-feeding the likes of you.
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by grimandevil: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2015
Bukatyne i respect you. is now official
Re: Appeal To All: Feminism by bukatyne(f): 11:12am On Feb 16, 2015
grimandevil:
Bukatyne i respect you. is now official

Thanks a lot

May I ask why? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

78% Of Girls In Northern Nigeria Marry Before Age 18 – Daily Nigerian / Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / What's So Special About Twins???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.