Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,806 members, 7,806,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? (4485 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
As far as islam is concerned, there can be no peace until everybody becomes a muslim.

Again they believe only the muslims will go to heaven. Therefore, is it their LOVE for people to get to heaven that makes them want to force them to accept islam and even kill them if they do not?

Why do muslims kill people, to save them or send them to hell? By killing people now, are they not depriving them of becoming muslims in the future?
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mak I look 4a staunch muslim do sum interogation.. Ade cum
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by aminho(m): 12:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Why Do Christians also Believe that Everybody Should Be A Christian?at least in the Quran it says there is no compulsion in religion suratul baqara
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
aminho:
Why Do Christians also Believe that Everybody Should Be A Christian?at least in the Quran it says there is no compulsion in religion suratul baqara

Like muslims, Christians also believe only the true Christians will go to heaven but do allow people to take their decision voluntarily. We don't force or kill people for not converting.

If there is no compulsion in religion, why was Muhammad killing who did not initiate attack?
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Ifeann(f): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
aminho:

Your book also says ,
Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

Bukhari 2:24: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

A christain will bring the gospel to you and not draw a sword threatening to behead you if u don't convert or pay the jizyah.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ifeann:

Your book also says ,
Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

Bukhari 2:24: Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

A christain will bring the gospel to you and not draw a sword threatening to behead you if u don't convert or pay the jizyah.
Thank u.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2014

Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by 175(m): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
aminho:

aminho I say shut up! Your religion sees a non muslim as an infidel. I will never force you to confess Jesus. But your Islam forces, naim and even kills whosoever does not believe in it. Why?
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
Where are the muslims in the house?

By now, muslims should know that allah is against Jesus' teachings on LOVE, meaning Muhammad and He (Jesus) didn't represent the same God.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by aminho(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ifeann:

Your book also says ,

"Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:
You must kill those who worship another god.
Exodus 22:20
2. Kill any friend or family that worship a god that
is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10
3. Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you
find people that worship differently than you.
Deuteronomy 13:12-16
4. Kill everyone who has religious views that are
different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7
5. Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest.
Deuteronomy 17:12-13
6. Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20
7. Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of
Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more
savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark
6:11
8. Matthew 10:34-36 - "Do not think that I came
to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to
bring peace, but a sword. 35 "For I came to set a
man against his father, and a daughter against
her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her
mother-in-law; 36 "...and a man’s enemies will
be the members of his household."
9. Luke 12:51,52 - "Do you suppose that I came
to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather
division; 52 "for from now on five members in one
household will be divided, three against two, and
two against three..."
9. Luke 22:36- "And He said to them, "But now,
let him who has a purse take it along, likewise
also a bag, and let him who has no sword sell his
robe
and buy one.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by aminho(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

Like muslims, Christians also believe only the true will go to heaven but do allow people to take their decision voluntarily. We don't force or kill people for not converting.

If there is no compulsion in religion, why was Muhammad killing who did not initiate attack?
show me where he initiated an attack first
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
aminho:
show me where he initiated an attack first

Firstly, Christianity of the NT is not the same as Judaism of the OT. It is in the OT that the Jews were allowed to fight wars.

All your references in the NT are figurative, you don't know their meanings. But I think you should know one thing: Jesus and the disciples never fought with swords. Jesus said 'he who kills by the sword will die by the sword' (Mat. 26:52).

For Muhammad killing the innocent, see Bukhari, Vol. 5, Bk 59, No. 370 & Bukhari, Vol. 3, Bk 46, No. 717.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Ab025(m): 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
@truthman2012.....maybe its ur upbringing or the kind of muslims u ve been opportuned to meet, but believe me, Muslims don't feel everybody must turn to their religion

1. do you know that the Quran forbids murder or suicide? that if u murder somebody, u will be punished as if u have killed a whole generation of people?? and the Quran also forbids suicide and Allah has told us that whoever takes his own life by his own hand deliberately (suicide), in whatever circumstances he us in life, will surely go to hell fire?

2. do u know that the prophet's last summon (PBUH) preached to us to live together in peace and harmony with our neighbours regardless of whether they are Christians or idol worshippers?? infact he demonstrated it in his lifetime because he allowed idol-worshippers to live in his community without hurting them. they came to an understanding and everyone practised his/her own religion without any quarrels

3. Islam originates from Saudi Arabia but have you ever heard if christians being molested or attacked over there in Saudi Arabia?? NO....but you Nigerians are quick to use the behaviours of the Muslims in some few states in the north to generalize the character of the whole Muslim world......that's not fair
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ab025:
@truthman2012.....maybe its ur upbringing or the kind of muslims u ve been opportuned to meet, but believe me, Muslims don't feel everybody must turn to their religion

1. do you know that the Quran forbids murder or suicide? that if u murder somebody, u will be punished as if u have killed a whole generation of people?? and the Quran also forbids suicide and Allah has told us that whoever takes his own life by his own hand deliberately (suicide), in whatever circumstances he us in life, will surely go to hell fire?

2. do u know that the prophet's last summon (PBUH) preached to us to live together in peace and harmony with our neighbours regardless of whether they are Christians or idol worshippers?? infact he demonstrated it in his lifetime because he allowed idol-worshippers to live in his community without hurting them. they came to an understanding and everyone practised his/her own religion without any quarrels

3. islam originates from Saudi

Pleas scroll up to read Ifeann post. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Ab025(m): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

Pleas scroll up to read Ifeann post. Thanks.

what u Christians always fail to understand is that every verse of the Holy Quran was revealed based on different contexts and circumstances during the early days of Islam. u guys are always quick to quote any verse that u feel is likely to prove ur points against Islam right but u are also quick to ask or investigate what happened that brought about such verses

even in the old testament, there are also such verses as aminho quoted (scroll up) but has that made me conclude that Christians were ordered to be murderers......?? NO

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ab025:

what u Christians always fail to understand is that every verse of the Holy Quran was revealed based on different contexts and circumstances during the early days of Islam. u guys are always quick to quote any verse that u feel is likely to prove ur points against Islam right but u are also quick to ask or investigate what happened that brought about such verses

even in the old testament, there are also such verses as aminho quoted (scroll up) but has that made me conclude that Christians were ordered to be murderers......?? NO

There should be no context in which muslims should be commanded to kill people of other faith. Because Jesus commanded Christians not to draw sword in any context is the reason we are peaceful.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Ab025(m): 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

There should be no context in which muslims should be commanded to kill people of other faith. Because Jesus commanded Christians not to draw sword in any context is the reason we are peaceful.

what about these verses below, are they from the bible or carved from somewhere else....?

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:
two against three..."
robe
and buy one.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ab025:

what about these verses below, are they from the bible or carved from somewhere else....?

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:
two against three..."
robe
and buy one.

Scroll up!
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Elkewwty(f): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

But you believe jesus to be god, was he not the one commanding the genocide of the OT?

Religion is bulshit

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Ab025(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
@truthman

be careful how u argue religious differences, u should understand that not every Muslim man is like bokoharam and yes, there are also good and bad Christians, just like we have it in Islam bt still we all know that murder is forbidden in both religions

as of today, the greatest problem we Nigerian Muslims face is the bokoharam. They have completely gone wrong against our religion and bringing them down is proving more difficult day by day. the situation is tricky, politicians are involved, both Muslim and Christian rich personalities are among their sponsors. we need the support and assistance of everyone, both Christians and Muslims in flushing these insurgents out of our communities.

Shallom.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Elkewwty:

But you believe jesus to be god, was he not the one commanding the genocide of the OT?

Religion is bulshit

Jesus in the capacity as the Son of God cancelled warring.

As an atheist, do you support islamic terrorism? Your hatred for Jesus makes you prefer violence to peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Ab025(m): 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

Scroll up!

scroll up for what...? i asked if those verses were from the bible or not?
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Weah96: 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
aminho:
two against three..."
robe
and buy one.

Two wrongs don't make a right. By pointing out these passages in the bible, you are conceding that the ones in your own holy book are self incriminatory.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Elkewwty(f): 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

As an atheist, do you support islamic terrorism? Your hatred for Jesus makes you prefer violence to peace.

I'm not an atheist.

I don't support islamic terrorsm.

I don't hate jesus but i hate hypocrisy of christians.

Religion has done more harm dan good to humanity (xtians, muslims, jews inclusive) Stop being hypocrite both bible and quran promote genocide (and dont tell me dere is NT and OT)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by INJESUSNAME: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
aminho:
two against three..."
robe
and buy one.
y muslims force people to become muslims or kill dem if dey refuse? Did u answer d question. Are you copying the christians? Or u dont have answer and d next thing is to point to d Bible for d answer? Is d Bible verses d reasons for alqaeda, boko etc? Reason like man, nt like goat! Im yet to see a christian killing people that reject the Gospel. U can tell us d ones you know.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ab025:

scroll up for what...? i asked if those verses were from the bible or not?

I have answered your question up there. I would have copied it out for you but am on phone.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
INJESUSNAME:

y muslims force people to become muslims or kill dem if dey refuse? Did u answer d question. Are you copying the christians? Or u dont have answer and d next thing is to point to d Bible for d answer? Is d Bible verses d reasons for alqaeda, boko etc? Reason like man, nt like goat! Im yet to see a christian killing people that reject the Gospel. U can tell us d ones you know.

Thanks. None of them is capable of answering. They don't even know why they should kill. All they are interested is waste human lives for no cause.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Weah96: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

Listen, you're welcome to take solace in this schizophrenic nonsense where Jesus the father can order the deaths of human beings, only for Jesus the son to show up later, disguised as a white man, and cancel his own order. I like people to take responsibility for their actions, without pretending to be bipolar, or tri-polar, but to each his own.

Do you know that the Nation of Islam was founded by a black man who claimed that he himself was God? I sh)it you not. That guy must have been one of the smartest black men to ever walk the face of the earth. He at least tried to wrestle the African consciousness away from the foreign deities. But he did it by doing EXACTLY what the white people and Arabs did with the Jesus and Mohammed stories. He gave them a taste of their own medicine, so to speak.

Sometimes it's better to fight silliness with even greater silliness. There's no point in telling people that the book is a regular book. Prompted by the natural fear of our inevitable demise, the conditioning is too deep seated and entrenched for mere words to make an impact. That is why we find history to be replete with great men who finally threw their hands in the air and said, "f)uck it, I'm God, or I found a new book."

In the 1800's, the Mormon guy, for example, said God gave him the recorded history of a special American people written down on shiny plates. The Nation of Islam guy said he was God himself. In the 50's, the 1950's, the Scientology guy said that he was God too and will be back in a freaking rocket ship.

What are you telling me?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Elkewwty:

I'm not an atheist.

I don't support islamic terrorsm.

I don't hate jesus but i hate hypocrisy of christians.

Religion has done more harm dan good to humanity (xtians, muslims, jews inclusive) Stop being hypocrite both bible and quran promote genocide (and dont tell me dere is NT and OT)

If you don't believe in any religion, what are you?

Where did the bible recommend genocide for the Christians?
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by truthman2012(m): 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Weah96:

Listen, you're welcome to take solace in this schizophrenic nonsense where Jesus the father can order the deaths of human beings, only for Jesus the son to show up later, disguised as a white man, and cancel his own order. I like people to take responsibility for their actions, without pretending to be bipolar, or tri-polar, but to each his own.

Do you know that the Nation of Islam was founded by a black man who claimed that he himself was God? I sh)it you not. That guy must have been one of the smartest black men to ever walk the face of the earth. He at least tried to wrestle the African consciousness away from the foreign deities. But he did it by doing EXACTLY what the white people and Arabs did with the Jesus and Mohammed stories. He gave them a taste of their own medicine, so to speak.

Sometimes it's better to fight silliness with even greater silliness. There's no point in telling people that the book is a regular book. Prompted by the natural fear of our inevitable demise, the conditioning is too deep seated and entrenched for mere words to make an impact. That is why we find history to be replete with great men who finally threw their hands in the air and said, "f)uck it, I'm God, or I found a new book."

In the 1800's, the Mormon guy, for example, said God gave him the recorded history of a special American people written down on shiny plates. The Nation of Islam guy said he was God himself. In the 50's, the 1950's, the Scientology guy said that he was God too and will be back in a freaking rocket ship.

What are you telling me?

Did you read my questions in the OP? Do and give me your answer.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Ifeann(f): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
aminho:
two against three..."
robe
and buy one.

I have been having some intelligent engagements with smart Muslims, who at least attempt to defend and not throw red herrings and who never bring up the old testament argument because the context explains itself and most smart Muslims know how ancient those verses are, they come to the Jews at a time in a world of immorality, lawlessness, anarchy, chaos and rebellion which was over a thousand years before Jesus who came and created our new and improved relationship with his father; 600 years afterwhich Mohammed suddenly came to preach stonings, beheading, rape of married captives your right hand possessed, child marriage etc ).

The same God you are told to believe handed the qu'ran to your prophet, commanded the Jews in the old testament allegedly. The same prophet that affirms the massages in the torah and injeel as I will prove below with 2 verses;

1. It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong) (Surah 3:3).
2. If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt. And be not thou of those who deny the revelations of Allah, for then wert thou of the losers (Surah 10:94-95; 16:43)

Most intelligent qu'ran reading Muslims know that your quran affirms the torah and other chapters of the old testament and even the injeel.
They also know the fact that Christians don't live under the covenant of the old law (OT), infact this is why Islam is so anti Christanity. If you knew anything about theology you won't be here exposing your ignorance.
Re: Why Do Muslims Believe Everybody Should Be A Muslim? by Weah96: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
truthman2012:

Did you read my questions in the OP? Do and give me your answer.

It is the will of Allah. Allah doesn't have a son who can cancel his order. Maybe he will have to impregnate a human from the Caucasian race in the future and use the offspring as a means of canceling the words in the Quran, but that hasn't happened yet.

Now, you're asking yourself why would Allah do such a thing, why would he demand the death of apostates or non Muslims who don't pay Jizya? Well, I don't know. Allah ways cannot be questioned by mere human beings. Remember Jesus, as the father, ordered EXACTLY the same thing, and even WORSE in the very BIBLE. But Jesus, the father, was able to send Jesus the son, to cancel out the old order by means of a human blood sacrifice.

Allah doesn't have biological children or bipolar personalities to offer as a blood sacrifice to himself.

Does that answer your question?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Difference Between Zakatul AL-Fitr And Zakah On Wealth / Excellence Of Praying Taraweeh Plus Witr With The Imam / Islam In The 21st Century [stuck In The Old Ways In A New World]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.