Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law (3313 Views)

Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law / Uncaring Husband.. Very Depressed. Pls Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by mybad: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
A very close friend of mine recently confided in me to help proof read a letter he intends sending to his Father-in-Law (See below write up).
A glance through the letter got me wondering.
Please nairalanders, your comments on the topic will go a long way in helping this friend of mine in mending fences.
A family's future is at stake here.

Dear Father ….in Law,

It’s the last few days of another year and I’m forced to open up to you at last after my few years of silence.
The truth is that i didn’t think marriage would make me wish for bachelorhood after having a feel of it but it has.
I’ve continued to envy my single peers like my life depends on it since day one.

I never imagined it’ll be like this not with the many cross roads I’ve been in every single day and it’s all because of the mess you put me into.
You made it seem like taking your daughter’s hand was a thing of honour, like I was taking the hand of a Princess.
You made me think it was a rare opportunity, like I was entering into a fold that was full proof, one without any flaws whatsoever.
I thought you’d taken care of all the cultural know-how every lady should possess, that you’d instilled discipline in her.
I believed you made hard work a priority and that all your daughters knew the drill, from sweeping the house and doing the laundry.
I’ve been doing that myself all this years; I wash my clothes because Madam cannot use the washing machine.
I sweep my room, lay my bed and even cook sometimes.
Your daughter is always too busy with her phones to notice anything.

You should come around unannounced one of these days; you’d think she’s the maid.
She’s always looking unappealing, like one who needs sometime with the Shrink.
My people are scared for me; especially my Mother until death took her.
Right in front of my younger sister I scrubbed the floors of the house in our second year and none of your daughters cared to help.
Your younger daughter was with us on holidays then.
Maybe you didn’t teach them that part of respect or they didn’t learn it from outside your home.
It’s not written anywhere but the African culture permits that when an older person is performing a task, the young people present should at least offer to assist.

Didn’t i look fulfilled on our wedding day, despite having sold off my other car to make up for the wedding expenses?
You made it clear you didn’t want a low-key ceremony for your first daughter and I just had to look good to the family.
Maybe I would’ve given her that same car to learn the art of driving because your daughter is yet to have a car of her own after four years of marriage.
Why?
She still cannot drive a car.
Phew! It’s been hard teaching her.
I’ve involved two driving schools too the results are several dents on my car, the only mobile asset I own.

Did I tell you that six months after our wedding she attempted to commit suicide?
She jumped out of the car on our way to work in the morning on the highway, hoping to be mangled by a fast moving car.
I know you recall how she gulped half a bottle of “Hypo” too to kill herself.
These have been trying times for me, little arguments don’t warrant such actions.
Little wonder I’ve grown tired of your interference, as far as I’m concerned you’re third party.
You don’t need to summon me each time she calls you over every little argument we had.

On your birthday party in June; it was my idea to give you that befitting birthday present, which I believe was the biggest gift you received that day.
Your daughter could only suggest a bottle of perfume or alternatively, whiskey.
Probably she knows you too well to suggest anything better.
Same way she does when it comes to contributing to taking decisions in the house.
What I got in return was an insult from you and your friends at the round table.
I’ve still not come to terms with the manner of embarrassment you meted on me there right in the open….you wanted to know "why your daughter wasn’t growing fat but I looked well fed?”
Come to think of it, your other married daughter isn’t better off.
Maybe they missed a few rounds of injection needles in their infant years. Who should have made sure they got them? You, I suppose.
It’s been a lonely road for me; my health is failing cause of that.

It’s been four long years of marriage and after all this time, I’ve experienced untold emotional torture.
I wonder what you’d tell me if I was your own Son.
I want to know what you think.
For one last time you have a chance to salvage whats left because i've had my fill of this rubbish.

Yours Faithfully,

Son-in-law gone berserk

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by johnwizey: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lol
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by thorpido(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
Didn't your friend test-drive the lady he married?
Unfortunately when people talk about testing,it's just the sexual thing.
Courtship is a period to know each other well and to know how your partner keeps a home.

It's too late for your friend to worry about the FIL.He has done his part(or didn't).
You have married the lady,baggage and all.It's left to you now to exercise the patience to correct her and work with her.

Except you intend to kick her out of the house.

4 Likes

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by EfemenaXY: 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
Tales by moonlight... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by TV01(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
...if she's truly the nutter you say she is, FIL probably did a double-take the day you showed up to ask for her hand in marriage. He almost certainly couldn't believe it, but played along knowing he daren't not risk losing someone who freely offered to take her off his hands. He almost certainly knew the chances of it happening twice were zero to wafer thin...

...She's your problem now not his. He had his fill - probably 20+years worth - of the solipsistic, delusional, entitlement princess...

Sorry eh!

TV

5 Likes

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by jerryboiii(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Too long...i cant possibly read dat
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by tpia2005: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by tpia2005: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
btw is anyone going to summarize

all i saw was this:

this:

and this:

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by mybad: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2014
tpia2005:
btw is anyone going to summarize
all i saw was this:

Only mature comments please!

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by LordReed(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2014
Shouldn't the letter be directed at the MIL?
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by SAMBARRY: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
What's all this whining all about . I'll rather sit down and watch a 2hour yoruba nollywood than waste my time reading all this b.s undecided

I don't even know where all these talkative men spring out from undecided
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by bukatyne(f): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
Funny and also very deep

Why does wifey want to commit suicide?
If it general to all sisters then they probably were not trained ( I doubt believe all kids can reject training altogether)

What a pity; marriage that should be a burden lighter now adds burden to him
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wow!! cheesy
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Nmeri17: 10:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Tashamania:
Wow!! cheesy

two things i love most in life;
1. girls that bear Natasha
2. wrestlemania.

now it all manifests in one person i.e Tasha + mania = tashamania smiley smiley
if only her eyes can be opened to see that she and I arr meant to be embarassed
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Nmeri17:

2. wrestlemania.

My eyes will still remain blind to that tongue
Now, tell me, how many of them here are you and them meant to be? cheesy
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Nmeri17: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
Tashamania:

My eyes will still remain blind to that tongue
Now, tell me, how many of them here are you and them meant to be? cheesy

go check yo PM smiley
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by spikesC(m): 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Nmeri17:

2. wrestlemania.

undecided undecided
I go just dey watch you. You don leave HTML/CSS follow woman baa sad
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
spikesC:

undecided undecided

grin angry grin tongue
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Nmeri17: 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
spikesC:

undecided undecided

lmmmmaaaaooooo...see this man. you don abandon yo guy naa. i'll hit u up this night on whatsapp sha
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Evina(f): 12:28am On Dec 31, 2014
Too many loopholes in the letter.
What sort of argument would drive a wife to attempt suicide? More than once?

Also he claimed to scrub his own floor in the presence of younger people, who happen to be his wife, her sister and his own younger sister. How come his own sister did not offer to help? Yet he accuses another of the very same rude act his own sister is guilty of.

Not buying that biased letter. Let us hear his wife's story.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by veave(f): 1:11am On Dec 31, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by mybad: 6:38am On Dec 31, 2014
Evina:

Also he claimed to scrub his own floor in the presence of younger people, who happen to be his wife, her sister and his own younger sister. How come his own sister did not offer to help? Yet he accuses another of the very same rude act his own sister is guilty of.

His Sister only just got married a week before, she was only on a 'thank you' visit.
Besides, she is about ten years older than the Wife's sister.
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by SugaryBelle(f): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2014
Its a pirry...this marriage thing sef nawao.
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by mybad: 6:59am On Jan 02, 2015
LordReed:
Shouldn't the letter be directed at the MIL?

Another shocker there!
MIL has never featured in the movie.
They've been separated for many years.
She left FIL about 15 years ago.
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by LordReed(m): 9:28am On Jan 02, 2015
mybad:

Another shocker there!
MIL has never featured in the movie.
They've been separated for many years.
She left FIL about 15 years ago.

And the daughters never stayed with her again?

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by mybad: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2015
LordReed:

And the daughters never stayed with her again?
Nope!
She was replaced immediately by two Wives.
And she has not showed up since.
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 02, 2015
OP, advise your friend never to send such a letter to his FIL. Never. He comes off a whiner. Why complain to another man on how to handle his household. It is almost as if he was doing the bidding of his FIL during the marriage rites and during his short marriage span, which reeks of weakness. Why would you allow a FIL to decide how much you should spend on a wedding? If the FIL wants a bigger wedding, then he should spend his own money on the things he wants to see during the wedding. I believe we should respect our parents and parents-in-law, but when it comes to things that will jeopardize unity of the nuclear family, a line has to be drawn. Then, and only then will they give you your due respect. Forget complaining to your FIL and focus more on your wife. Be the man of your household for Chrissake!
Re: Letter To My Uncaring Father-In-Law by mybad: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
ottizz:
OP, advise your friend never to send such a letter to his FIL. Never. He comes off a whiner. Why complain to another man on how to handle his household. It is almost as if he was doing the bidding of his FIL during the marriage rites and during his short marriage span, which reeks of weakness. Why would you allow a FIL to decide how much you should spend on a wedding? If the FIL wants a bigger wedding, then he should spend his own money on the things he wants to see during the wedding. I believe we should respect our parents and parents-in-law, but when it comes to things that will jeopardize unity of the nuclear family, a line has to be drawn. Then, and only then will they give you your due respect. Forget complaining to your FIL and focus more on your wife. Be the man of your household for Chrissake!

@ Ottizz
Spot on!
Best comment I've seen so far.
You rock.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can I Still Marry Her,advise Needed / Wedding Suits And Tuxedo: Where To Get Them?: Proudly Nigeria! / Family Picnic(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.