Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year (15220 Views)

Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies / NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum / NYSC: Angry NOUN Students Threaten Nationwide Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
Students of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, have appealed to President Goodluck Jonathan to fulfill the promise he made to them on reduction in the fees charged by the management of the university or be ready to lose the February 2015 presidential election.

The Student Union President, Mr. Isaac Ibikunle, and the Secretary, Mr. Oludare Bamidele, said this in a statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Monday.

The president had held a brief meeting with the student union leaders when he visited the OAU to attend a political meeting organised by some Yoruba leaders on the campus.

Ibikunle had told our correspondent that the President promised to act fast on the demands of the students for reduction in the fees charged by the management of the university.

He noted that some students from poor background had dropped out of school because of the exorbitant fees being charged by higher institutions.

The student stated that crime would continue to be on the increase if education, which is the only sure way to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, was priced out of the reach of poor students.

He said OAU students and the entire students all over the country would work against the president if he fails to fulfill the promise he made to them on the fees and other matters relating to the education sector.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oau-students-threaten-to-oppose-jonathans-re-election/

4 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by IKJ66(m): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
ΐ̲̅t ΐ̲̅s what ΐ̲̅t ΐ̲̅s !!!!!

GMB 2015

Quote M̶̲̅ε not !!!!!!

30 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Sylvarresta(m): 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
Everybody want change, let's vote 4 the right man
Sai Buhari

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by herald9: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lolz... one university can't decide the fate of a whole nation... in this case,they're but a minority.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
herald9:

Lolz... one university can't decide the fate of a whole nation... in this case,they're but a minority.
I wonder ooo, even, it is only one person who said it and not all the students

12 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by princealbashir: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
No sane Nigerian should vote for this man. Only those that want God to govern their lives the way Jonathan is governing Nigeria will vote for him. #Change is All We Want.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Sylvarresta:
Everybody want change, let's vote 4 the right man
Sai Buhari
how are u sure he is the right person?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
IKJ66:
ΐ̲̅t ΐ̲̅s what ΐ̲̅t ΐ̲̅s !!!!!

GMB 2015

Quote M̶̲̅ε not !!!!!!
I quote u

7 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
princealbashir:
No sane Nigerian should vote for this man. Only those that want God to govern their life the way Jonathan is governing Nigeria will vote for him. #Change is All We Want.
sorry pls, am not a fan of Goodluck but I just want proofs that Buhari will bring some changes

4 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by IKJ66(m): 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
emaculate99:
I quote u
. ℓ̊ quote u too
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
IKJ66:
. ℓ̊ quote u too
at last, I made FP... grab my drums and dance unclad to Aso Rock to protest against the fee hike and to tell Oga Jona to start parking his things cos time is already up for him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by IKJ66(m): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
emaculate99:
do what u want to do to me!

ℓ̊

Would

Rport

► γφυ

To

Lalasticlala
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
IKJ66:

ℓ̊

Would

Rport

► γφυ

To

Lalasticlala
based on what?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by IKJ66(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
emaculate99:
based on what?
. Logistics !!!!!!!!
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by emaculate99: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
IKJ66:
. Logistics !!!!!!!!
if he bans me without hearing my view, he will liable to have gone against section 36 of Nigerian constitution cos I have right to fair hearing
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
This is a wake up call to other student unions. Jonathan does not have the interest of students and graduates at heart. The only thing he is after is cooking with his 9 billion naira stove. Jonathan must go. Aluta continua!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Trendy247: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Even if all the students there plus their family members vote for Buhari, Jonathan will still win... They know that.
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by jerryboiii(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Anything abou OAU and it's on FP..na OAU be d only varsity?
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by epospiky(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Do they think their votes against GEJ will ever be noticed? Eyah

2 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by DesChyko: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Goodluck to them.

In other news..
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by datbay(m): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
We will all vote him out not only OAU students

19 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by publicenemy(m): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
May The Almighty GOD help us kick Goodluck Ebele Jonathan out of Aso Rock come 2015, and install the right person.

even if the person is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan...

BUT I PRAY ITS NOT GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by IKJ66(m): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=emaculate99 post=29316702]if he bans me without hearing my view, he will liable to have gone against section 36 of Nigerian constitution cos I have right to fair hearing [/quote

U got M̶̲̅ε chuckling!!!
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by politricks: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
After you guys stoned him with pure water you think he has your time again?.Anyway, GMB till 2019.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Abugab(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
No need crying over spilt milk, use the power of the ballot in February and vote out inefficiency and vane promises. Our institutions can be better with 21.7 Billion for electioneering campaign

1 Like

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Anikulhapo(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
.Not Only U People, It Is A Collective Task For All Nigerians Who Want A New Lease Of Life, Those Who Want Change...............GMB FOR PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA 2015!

5 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by ogaofficer(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by tdayof(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Not only oau students but everybody! I don't even know what the man is doing! Nigeria looks like a country without a leader!

2 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Awwal1st(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
That's the reason every sensible person need change... but bird of the same feather flocks together, people wey no get brain go still support that bastard called badluck...

Sai Buhari
Change
Countdown to otueke

5 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
ok good for them
Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Students in tertiary institution have no reason to vote Goodluck Jonathan. He has failed every section of the masses including students.

Buhari for President
#APC

5 Likes

Re: Fee Hike: OAU Students Threaten To Vote Out President Jonathan Next Year by carterguccy(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Change is all we need..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

D7 In Government And E8 In Literature N English What Art Course Can He Go For? / Kogi State University Sent Their Medical Students Packing From Their Hostel / UNILAG Ordered To Close All Its Accounts In Commercial Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.