Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,103 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:57 AM

Which Tribe Does This And How True Is It???? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Does This And How True Is It???? (631 Views)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Which Tribe Bears Foreign Names The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Does This And How True Is It???? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
A friend of mine told me something that I find somehow equivocal, he his a twin nd his other half is a lady. They are from delta state although I don't know their tribe. He said it is a taboo for people to call them twins. That they are to be called brother and sister. Same applies to every twins from their side. And the one dat seemed to amaze me the most, that made me gawk at him for minutes, was that it is also a taboo for dem to sleep in d same room. And also applies to brothers and sisters from their tribe. As long as they are not of the same gender they can't sleep in d same room... I have been ruminating over this for long and am here to know aw true it is. Maybe it was all a lie..... Tnx in anticipation.
Re: Which Tribe Does This And How True Is It???? by christaddicted: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hmmm...Interesting... Awaiting comments.
Re: Which Tribe Does This And How True Is It???? by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 30, 2014
Some tribes used to think twins are a bad omen. May be thats why they won't mention it.

I know of a cuture where the bond between twin is so revered that if one of them were to get married, the other twin is made to share the same bed with the new spouse on the firstday of marriage to avoid some bad lack or something.

(1) (Reply)

So It Is True That 90% Of Bayelsa Women Are The Bread Winners - Gov Dickson / How To Get Immersed In A New Culture / Cobwebs, Pressed Down During Sleep, Terrible Dreams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.