Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 (43274 Views)

If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2013 / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 by snthesis(m): 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
sholay2011:

Funny isn't equal to excellent. Topping what list?

October 1 is rightfully occupying that position.
it depends on what ur expectations are from a movie. i was hoping to get entertained and wasnt disappointed
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 by DangotePikin: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Where is invasion 1897 and ojuju. Op no dey appreciate history film
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 16, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Will u answer my simple question or not?
No I won't.

emmysoftyou:
Some nollywood movies re very interesting but yorubas movies subtitle in english lang are very innteresting too...

Igbo can still do more cost I love their movies like the one they call ada mbano...

Half of a yellow sun or moon.
Da bomb gud film..
Your spellings and sentence constructions are infact more than interesting smiley

xtophy:
so, its only ibo film dat is Nollywood....u better wake up from ur slumber
What is "ibo film"? Cos the directors and actors in the listed movies cut across various Nigerian tribes...so I don't think I know what you mean.

Orikinla:

Artistically nuanced.
Thanks. I didn't have the time to review the write up before posting, and I can spot several errors now that I can't fix. Sadly sad

ffo:
what about AY's 30 days in Atlanta? though iv not watched it. but i love the thriller.
snthesis:
30 days in atlanta should be topping that list angry angry angry angry angry
wisdom1959:
@OP speedyboi, I cannot understand why d highest grossing Hollywood Movie of all time, 30 days in Atlanta, is no where to be found on ur list. Please is there any explanation for that.
kaywiluv:
Contract is interesting but ℓ̊ was expecting 30 days in atlanta on your list.
Bibol:
30 days in Atlanta should be on that list
30 Days is funny sometimes, stupid for most times....and it is a badly produced film, doesn't fit anywhere on my TOP 10 best list.

Orikinla:
"Invasion 1897" of Lancelot Imasuen should be among the top 3.
The only Nollywood epic of 2014.

"Invasion 1897" is an epic film based on the invasion of the Benin Kingdom by the British Empire in 1897 and looting the priceless ancient artifacts of the Benin kingdom, including the famous commemorative head and pendant of ivory mask representing Queen Idia (from court of Benin, 16th century) who was the mother of Esigie, the Oba of Benin who ruled from 1504 to 1550. The commemorative head is at the British Museum, while the pendant is at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, USA.
Runtime: 2 hr 0 min
Rated: R 18
Genre: Drama

DangotePikin:
Where is invasion 1897 and ojuju. Op no dey appreciate history film
Thanks for your opinion. I haven't seen Invasion....and I'm not sure If I'm keen on seeing it. My disappointment in Adesuwa still lingers and it's making me skeptical of Invasion...since it's infact based on the same premise as Adesuwa. Maybe favourable critical reviews can make me change my mind though...but then again, no one seems to be talking about it.
Ojuju ke?! Oh please, I won't watch Ojuju at the cinemas even if them drag me....sorry! I'll wait for an original DVD. And if them no release am for DVD, e still no go pain me. That thing looks like it was shot on Nokia 3310. Who would believe the same camera was used to shoot "Gidi Up"? Hian!

Emodeee:
is yoruba movie nt NOLLYWOOD? NA SO so english movie dey ur list.
Anyways, i enjoyed SIKEMI, dats ma 2014 nollywood movie. ALLELUIA.
nodictatorship:
@Op this your list is Bias ooo unless you meant english nollywood lol grin grin grin grin grin but then wat happened to Maami? its one if not te best movie of 2014,it actually brought down tears to my eyes..there are couple of yoruba movies wich are highly educative and i am sure tere are some from theigbo language as well or aint those part of nollywood?
yoruba language productions are Nollywood too! Just that, none of the films made my list. Ainidariji (Unforgivable) has gotten decent reviews, but I haven't seen it.
BTW, Maami has been listed before

homesteady:
4) 30 days in Atlanta - it was fun sha, but I'm a person who is highly critical of comedy - in other words, it wasn't all that funny, I had to force laughter sometimes so that other people sitting near me won't think I'm a sadist gringrin Honestly most of the jokes were stale to me!
Thank You! My dislike for Nigerian slapstick knows no bounds.

cao:
Ok, this write-up is rather odd, informative but still very odd. The OP seemed to be trying to justify why they picked their choices by pointing out why they shouldn't have...
IKR....the thing is, I didn't want to be full of praises for a movie that has its flaws. The fact that it makes the top 10 line up already proves that it is good enough...the "notes" section is just to give things worthy of note in the film (good or bad).

omusiliyu:
What of phone swap?
Phone Swap has been listed before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

33years Later: Do You Remember These People? / Mike Ezuruonye Rocks Bald Hair In 'Our Landlord' Movie (Video, Photos) / Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.