Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? (6111 Views)

Pictures: Were Kobe Bryant And Lebron James Laughing At Nigerian Basketballers? / Interested in playing abroad? (footballers & basketballers) / Identify Urselves Here Naija Basketballers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2014
hello people, I just joined the system less than three weeks ago, I guess that makes me a newbie wink i'm hoping to find a professional here whom I can always come to for the theory aspect, I hope I won't be disappointed.
I'm catching up real fast on the game due to my passion for it but there are still some terms and condition I don't know.

guys please start showing your faces smiley and thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 10:08am On Dec 30, 2014
Africanapple wants to play basketball?shocked

How tall are you?

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by Mynd44: 10:11am On Dec 30, 2014
What do you want to learn?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by henryvirus(m): 10:11am On Dec 30, 2014
That's nice, your dedication and passion will help u learn fast. Welcome to the world of basketball.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by yorex2011: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2014
Game very physical.. Hope say u get strength o..
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:28am On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Africanapple wants to play basketball?shocked

How tall are you?

a bit taller than average
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2014
Niiice..... I can help!.. used to play but suffered a bad knee injury which ended that part of me.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2014
Mynd44:
What do you want to learn?
every theoretical aspect of basketball
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2014
henryvirus:
That's nice, your dedication and passion will help u learn fast. Welcome to the world of basketball.
thanks dear smiley
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2014
yorex2011:
Game very physical.. Hope say u get strength o..
I'm building my balance and my muscles
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:33am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:
Niiice..... I can help!.. used to play but suffered a bad knee injury which ended that part of me.
ouch! sorry. was it during the game you suffered the injury?
thanks for wanting to help out
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
ouch! sorry. was it during the game you suffered the injury?
thanks for wanting to help out

Yeah it was.......my dad was a professional... played and Coached Nigeria in the 80s...I love basketball... sadly can't play like I used to....was a 3points maestro. wink
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Yeah it was.......my dad was a professional... played and Coached Nigeria in the 80s...I love basketball... sadly can't play like I used to....was a 3points maestro. wink
wow! *claps for him* cheesy
how is the knee now? do you walk well

so let me start by asking: I use to hear of dunking, how does one dunk?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
wow! *claps for him* cheesy
how is the knee now? do you walk well

so let me start by asking: I use to hear of dunking, how does one dunk?

I walk well.... but can't run well...

Dunking is for tall players with very good jumps.... it's all about precision..... it's not really necessary tho. Personally, I prefer shooting from the 3 points spot...lol...that feeling you get when the ball leaves your hands, knowing in your mind that it's going all the way and then the "swuush " sound it makes when it enters is just awesome!
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

I walk well.... but can't run well...

Dunking is for tall players with very good jumps.... it's all about precision..... it's not really necessary tho. Personally, I prefer shooting from the 3 points spot...lol...that feeling you get when the ball leaves your hands, knowing in your mind that it's going all the way and then the "swuush " sound it makes when it enters is just awesome!
can dunking be done even if you are not under the rim? or not close to it

for me 3point is still a very big problem, the ball becomes heavy at that spot and I do feel pains. I also find it difficult holding my follow through from that point sad
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 10:54am On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
a bit taller than average

This kinda sport requires strength, stamina and aggression o...

Are you fit?

Being tall is not the only prerequisite o...You need that muscles and balance... And that will make you look masculinesad

I prefer the sexy Africanapplesad
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
can dunking be done even if you are not under the rim? or not close to it

for me 3point is still a very big problem, the ball becomes heavy at that spot and I do feel pains. I also find it difficult holding my follow through from that point sad

You know what dunking is right?

You have to keep practicing... I know how hard it can be, especially on a NBA standard court.... trust me.. it ain't easy...but with practice, and exercises to strengthen your arm,it'll become a piece of cake.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Are you fit?

Being tall is not the only prerequisite o...You need that muscles and balance... And that will make you look masculinesad

Trust me, you can be good female basketballer, and still look sexy, my mum is a living example. In her playing days..... Plus popsi used to coach a female team and those girls didn't look masculine but were still strong..... basketball no be football o lol
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 11:12am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Trust me, you can be good female basketballer, and still look sexy, my mum is a living example. In her playing days..... Plus popsi used to coach a female team and those girls didn't look masculine but were still strong..... basketball no be football o lol

Lolz...If an expert says so...then I'm cool with it...smiley
You know basketball and football are quite similar...The difference is the distance being covered..

So mum and dad were all basketballers?

wonderful!
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Lolz...If an expert says so...then I'm cool with it...smiley

So mum and dad were all basketballers?

wonderful!

Na there them meet o lol
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 11:17am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Na there them meet o lol

And you are following the legacy ...Lolz

Are you a professional?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:18am On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

And you are following the legacy ...Lolz

Are you a professional?

Was aspiring to be....but that knee injury just drowned that dream.. it was devastating.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Was aspiring to be....but that knee injury just drowned that dream.. it was devastating.

Awww... sorry bruh.. Hope it's gotten better?
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Awww... sorry bruh.. Hope it's gotten better?

I can't run like i used to and the pain is still there.
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 11:28am On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Are you fit?

JeffreyJamez:

the team that I'm training with, you need to come and see their girls, sexy ladies even the ones with big ukwu grin no yam legs and they play well, they even play against their males
so herald9 I don't think it will make me masculine, it would only make me stronger, besides I'm too soft for my own liking, I wanna be strong and aggressive tongue
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Na there them meet o lol
Lol, it must have been a romantic meeting cheesy
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

You know what dunking is right?

You have to keep practicing... I know how hard it can be, especially on a NBA standard court.... trust me.. it ain't easy...but with practice, and exercises to strengthen your arm,it'll become a piece of cake.
I don't know what dunking is, I only know it has to do with shooting

so you mean courts are often different in size?

I hope it becomes a pieces of cake very soon
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:40am On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
I don't know what dunking is, I only know it has to do with shooting

so you mean courts are often different in size?

I hope it becomes a pieces of cake very soon

This is called Slam dunking [img]http://noontimesports.files./2010/02/natedunk.jpg[/img]

It's an aggresive way of putting the ball in the net at very close range....

Yes there are different court sizes.. The one for Amateurs,then Standard one...and then NBA standard.

1 Like

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:
Lol, it must have been a romantic meeting cheesy

Lol trust me,it was far from romantic
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by herald9: 11:44am On Dec 30, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

I can't run like i used to and the pain is still there.

Eyaah! No sport is free of injury sha ... that's why these days,I prefer staying at home and punching the hell out of my FIFA14...

At least no one will break my legs from there...sad
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2014
AfricanApple:

the team that I'm training with, you need to come and see their girls, sexy ladies even the ones with big ukwu grin no yam legs and they play well, they even play against their males
so herald9 I don't think it will make me masculine, it would only make me stronger, besides I'm too soft for my own liking, I wanna be strong and aggressive tongue

Lol I once saw a girl who was 6ft5,Big, sexy and beautiful,she was very strong and aggressive Plus very fast, her problem then was controlling her speed.... she once hit the basketball rims poll with full speed and force it broke lol... everyone was always scared of blocking her when she was going for lay-ups......if you try am you fit brake bone lol
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2014
herald9:

Eyaah! No sport is free of injury sha ... that's why these days,I prefer staying at home and punching the hell out of my FIFA14...

At least no one will break my legs from there...sad

I play NBA 2k14 well and Fifa too lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The Third Player After Messi And Ronaldo? / If Super-Eagles Fail To Qualify For AFCON 2013? / Surfing in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.