Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? (6101 Views)

Pictures: Were Kobe Bryant And Lebron James Laughing At Nigerian Basketballers? / Interested in playing abroad? (footballers & basketballers) / Identify Urselves Here Naija Basketballers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 03, 2015
Been reading your thread just first page tho..bball is a wonderful game & there was a time i tot i would take it farther than the university & state teams but am passed that now & still got passion for the game...you don't have to be very tall to play tho its an advantage & all those saying u would become muscular are so wrong. All u need is to be be able to move gracefully,speed,balance & strength which you will get from constant training.Learn first to be a very good one on one player,build ur game,know ur strengths and weakness,and flair and just have fun playing the game.when it comes to slam dunking it wasn't really my thing then i can count the number of times i did on a standard court i would rather lay up or shoot in the paint which was my greatest weapon that is hardly blocked and am very good on defense even standing at 5'11.To slam dunk u just need to increase ur vertical leap train ur calves by doing series of squatting either with dumbbells or weights and there is also one u can do leaping like a frog with ur legs from the squatting position and ur hands on ur sides.The best slam dunk king i hv seen face to face was a delta boy on my school team back then Amos standing at about 5'6- 5'7 but the things he did with the ball while going for the jam was always spectacular.Spud Webb won NBA slam dunk contest despite standing at 5'7...ur passion will take u far i would recommend u try to download some street basketball flicks it would help u a lot..the ones i had back then was a blue grass presentation i think And1 street basketball something like that back then there was no google or youtube i had to be at home to record my tapes from the satellite cable to VCR.Get a good spalding ball and let it be ur best friend and companion & also lay ur hands on every material google can provide. All the best be a good one on one player first & the rest will follow

1 Like

Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2015
runnazz:
Been reading your thread just first page tho..bball is a wonderful game & there was a time i tot i would take it farther than the university & state teams but am passed that now & still got passion for the game...you don't have to be very tall to play tho its an advantage & all those saying u would become muscular are so wrong. All u need is to be be able to move gracefully,speed,balance & strength which you will get from constant training.Learn first to be a very good one on one player,build ur game,know ur strengths and weakness,and flair and just have fun playing the game.when it comes to slam dunking it wasn't really my thing then i can count the number of times i did on a standard court i would rather lay up or shoot in the paint which was my greatest weapon that is hardly blocked and am very good on defense even standing at 5'11.To slam dunk u just need to increase ur vertical leap train ur calves by doing series of squatting either with dumbbells or weights and there is also one u can do leaping like a frog with ur legs from the squatting position and ur hands on ur sides.The best slam dunk king i hv seen face to face was a delta boy on my school team back then Amos standing at about 5'6- 5'7 but the things he did with the ball while going for the jam was always spectacular.Spud Webb won NBA slam dunk contest despite standing at 5'7...ur passion will take u far i would recommend u try to download some street basketball flicks it would help u a lot..the ones i had back then was a blue grass presentation i think And1 street basketball something like that back then there was no google or youtube i had to be at home to record my tapes from the satellite cable to VCR.Get a good spalding ball and let it be ur best friend and companion & also lay ur hands on every material google can provide. All the best be a good one on one player first & the rest will follow
aaawwwwww, thanks thanks
Re: Great Basketballers: Will You Like A Cup Of Tea? by AfricanApple(f): 12:17am On Nov 02, 2015
who knows of any TV station that I can be regularly watching bball

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Rio2016: Nigeria Has Finally Won A Medal / Another Mini Football Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.