Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom (22712 Views)

Olajumoke & NTA Crew Tour The Bakery Where She Worked Before The Fame (Pics) / Checkout Patoranking's First Promo CD Before The Fame / Nigerian Celebs With Their Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by bonechamberlain(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
true talk.... and all this their fake show of wealth is what is making the youth of these day rush into entertainment. thinking it would make them rich overnight not knowing its all fiction they watch on TV and social media
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by Vikkie14: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
Yungwizzzy:
It really takes courage to get fame just like

On Christmas day Dame Patience Jonathan went out
for drink with some
of the Top Women after which
the Waiter brings their
bill:-
• Patience Jonathan. N10,400
• Ngozi Okonjo......... . N10,250
• Folasade Bent.........N1 0,450
• Turai Yar’adua....... ...N10,200
• Total.......... ............... N41,300

Patience Jonathan says: I will pay
for everyone else, but
Total must pay for herself
because I didn’t invite her,
afterall she owns petrol stations
all over Nigeria!
Funny. Hilarious!!! Dont worry Total will pay. Total is richer than Patience.grin She is in Aso rock, Total is nationwide. grin

1 Like

Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by senatorFOS: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Its not easy nd its happening all over d world its nt only in Nigeria.. bt idris Abdulkarim shld just kip quite as pride nd arrogance hv caused him 's career..
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
Here where i live we don't read super stories.
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by mimicious(f): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
9ce write up!!
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by gbodimowo(m): 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by ogaofficer(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
So painful, AKI is right and that piece got me laughing.
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by dafil22(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Am short of words.
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by 1stola: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
Anita b1tchgan undecided
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
So yu were saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by wunmi590(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Owk
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by olalekan1(m): 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
When Acting no dey pay again Iya Rainbow become Omo Onile.
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by Cutesexy1(f): 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
Well they also enjoy the good part of it
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by fubbyy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
Cutesexy1:
Well they also enjoy the good part of it
which is?
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by gbodimowo(m): 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Stop being lazy
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by poweredcom(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Na who no dey go thru sometin in life...hiss
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by magnificentsk(m): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
news paper headline today says nigeria can be rescued through entertainment that literally implies there is money in entertainment,is just that some venture into it blindly.
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
frustratedman:
undecided

Congrats. I see you now work for the GMB team...it's better than nothing. I'm happy for you.

To the Topic, I now know why Seun does not want to "show face". Prudent I must say.
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
Timzy234:

Congrats. I see you now work for the GMB team...it's better than nothing. I'm happy for you.

To the Topic, I now know why Seun does not want to "show face". Prudent I must say.

U are wrong
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
frustratedman:

U are wrong

C'mon man, I've silently always followed your profile silently and I see the change. Don't be shy about your employment and no sattire intended.

I'm happy for you.
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Timzy234:

C'mon man, I've silently always followed your profile silently and I see the change. Don't be shy about your employment and no sattire intended.

I'm happy for you.

No sir, all i want is a change in my country polity for the betterment of every sane Nigerian
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by seunspice(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
There is a price to pay for fame. No one living or dead has gone thru it as much as Michael Jackson did. He summed up his experience with this unreleased song titled 'Price of Fame'

I took my baby on a river boat cruise
And she was well aware
I was excited about the way the things could have been
As in if I don't care
I want a face no one can recognize, in disguise
Someone called out my name
They thought of taking pictures, autographs, then they grab
My joy had turned to pain
Father always told me
'You won't live a quiet life'
If you're reaching for fortune and fame
I feel the pressure setting in
I'm living just to win
I'm down in my pai
Don't you feelin' no pain?

It's the price of fame
You pay the price of fame
So don't be feelin' no pain
It's the price of fame
It's the price of fame
So don't you ever complain?

I am a cover of a magazine, what a scene
They know my every do's
'Just sign your name on the dotted line, you'll be fine'
That always bothers me
Get in your car, you wanna take a ride, look behind
Someone is following you
You try to get away you turn with that, but too bad
They know your every move
Father always told me
If you're reaching for fortune and fame
And I feel the pressure setting in
I'm living just to win
I bleed in all this pain
Don't you ever complain?

It's the price of fame
So don't you ever complain
It's the price of fame
So don't be feelin' no pain?
It's the price of fame [Price of fame]
You pay the price of fame [Price of fame]
Father never lies
My father never lies [Price of fame]
So don't be feelin' this way, boy
(Hee-Hee)
(Aow!)
(Do it)
(Hoo)

I like to take sometime and get away, then they'll say
Is that boy still alive?
The weak that really started taking pills, what a thrill
Only the strong survive
Father always told me
They start to wonderin' where have you been
I feel their envious looks at me
Their mistaken jealousy
And then stand here in my shoes
And get addict of my blues

It's the price of fame
So don't you ever complain
It's the price of fame
So don't be feelin' this way
It's the price of f fame]
My father never lies, baby
So don't be feelin' no pain, boy
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by seunspice(m): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
One of the recurring themes in Jackson's work—pervasive on the Bad album and its outtakes—is about being in control versus being controlled. Given the nature of his life, particularly after Thriller, this preoccupation makes sense. How does he retain his identity, his sanity, his privacy amid such suffocating scrutiny, adulation, and expectations? Out of this context comes the dark psychological rumination, "Price of Fame," with its Police-like, "Spirlll World" opening and "Billie Jeanu"-esque verses (there are also chords with echoes of "Who Is It"wink. "Father always told me you won't live a quiet life," he rues, "if you're reaching for fortune and fame." The vocal throughout is drenched in painful irony. Where "Billie Jean" relays a mother's plea to "be careful who you love," here the father dominates via harsh dictums about the realities of show business. "It's the price of fame," Jackson sings in the chorus. "So don't you feel no pain/ It's the price of fame/ So don't you ever complain." While the song's production isn't complete by Jackson's standards, it does offer a powerful vocal (listen to the way he bites into the lyric: "My father never lies!"wink. It is a striking juxtaposition to the easy bliss of the previous track, revealing why he so desperately yearned to fly away and be "free."
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by KazukiIto(m): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2014
"make the money, don't let the money make you, change the game, don't let the game change you"
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Re: Pains Behind The Fame: Price Nigerian Celebs Pay For Stardom by preselect(m): 1:52am On Dec 31, 2014
if they dont like it, let them exchange with poverty an no fame. rubish angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Discovered Wizkid, Not Banky W-OJB / Adaeze Yobo And Her Daughter Lexine Adorable In Matching Outfits (Photos) / Photo Of DJ Cuppy And Funke Akindele Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.