Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,510 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

When Love Lies - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Lies (2141 Views)

When Love Becomes A Sin (story) / When Love Stinks..... A Short Story / A New Book: When Love Is Undefined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2014
this is a story of a guy named kelvin who
came from a very successful family who
really believe in true love meet a girl (below
is class) whom he really fall in love with but
in is quest to know what d girl feel for him if
is real or not decided to hide is identity.
( is she going to pass d test and if she does
how will she take it if she finally knows his
identity,is it going to lead to there breakup
or what.
what role d princess (is first girl friend ) play
and is family in d order hand what will
HAPPEN
sit back and enjoy it )
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2014
kelvin is a hardworking guy very focus and always working like he has not got to d top of the ladder and is father love him for that which has made is father hand over all is companies (home and abroad) to him because he has prove to be capable and has not for once let is father down.kelvin was in is office going through some of d property d company just acquired when is mobile ring,he check d caller and what display on d screen is princess,princess was is girlfriend
Kelvin: Hello
princess:Hello,how is office this morning
kelvin:As usually work
princess: yeah I know,I just call to let u know that am taking d next flight to Spain
kelvin:hope no problem
princess: not at all dad just called me that he wants to see me
kelvin:OK how long do u intend to stay
princess:maybe a week but it all depend on when I get there
kelvin:OK have a nice trip
princess:yeah tanks,wish I could see you before I leave
kelvin:I will have love that but I kind of busy right now
princess:I know that is what u are gonna say just wanna try my luck anyway take good care of ureself for me bye love uuu
kelvin:bye and he hang up(drop is phone) I wish I love u princess but my heart belong to Mary.
To be continue
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2014
chapter 2
smile fill is face when he remember how he met Mary he plan to travel to Port Harcourt that morning when he receive a call that there was a fire accident in one of there branches right there in Lagos he decided to cancel is not plan of traveling that morning to see d level of damage the accident has course on getting there the manager mm let him understand that everything is under control that d fire service arrive in time and he lead him to d affected part,after seeing everything
kelvin: your office
manager: yes sir this way (leading d way)
(manager office)
kelvin: who was that girl that I saw carrying file up and down, I don't think I have seen that face before
manager: she is d new messenger
kelvin: messenger hmm she look more like a staff to me
manager: Actually sir she was among the three people we chose after d interview we did last month but Mr john show up the next day with a letter of transfer from the branch office in abuja and we decided to chose two at d three people we have interview earlier run and happen to be d unlucky one but she keep on pleading,crying then I let her know that the only vacancy available now is a messenger, that is how she end up has messenger here
kelvinsadnodding his head) Hmmm
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
kelvin decided to branch to segun house on is way home (His friend)
segun: How far how is work today
kelvin: Hectic yours
segun: just normal
kelvin: you know some times I envy u
segun: envy me u got to kidding me you are global brand and me,is incomparable
Kelvin: And it comes with a price
segun: a price am willing to pay
kelvin: you are talking has if you are not a global brand yourself
segun: but not like you, who doesn't know u&I group of company worldwide
kelvin: let's forget about that there is some thing disturbing my mind that I will like to share with you
segun: what's that (looking serious)
kelvin: do you believe in love at first sight
segun: I don't,because I have never experience it.
kelvin: I believe because I have
segun: laughing and who was that
kelvin: Mary
segun: mary, who is Mary
kelvin: she work in one of our branch the one I told u almost got burnt
segun: and u just got to see her
kelvin: yes she was employ this month
segun: and
kelvin: and what
segun: and what step have u taking
kelvin: I haven't taking any all I know is that are name is Mary
segun: hmm good luck with your adventure of love at first sight but remember that princess is right there at your back
kelvin: stop it before you spoil my mood
segun: OK oooo, kelvin please let talk business I need your help
kelvin: and what is that
segun: did you remember about that contract I told u about
kelvin: ( looking confuse) iiiiii don't think I remember ( picking is word)
segun: the one I told you is worth 500 million
kelvin: yeah I remember have they award it to you
segun: I wish they have, has things look now I don't think they are going to
kelvin: were you not d one that told me you got everything under control
segun: yeah, I just got the news from one of my guy inside that told me that d management is planing to award it to some one else and I heard that senator ayoola is behind it
kelvin: ooo I see
segun: please can you help me talk to your father on my behalf, I know with you father involvement they won't have much of choice than to award it to me
kelvin: and how much will be my share if everything goes d way we want it ( laughing )
segun: don't insult me guy that's like a change on your side
kelvin: (standing up to leave) I will see what I can do about that
segun: am counting on you
kelvin: count on God, dad is not in town right now but before Friday he should be
segun: OK finger cross, drive safe
kelvin: yeah thanks
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
?what do think so far should I continue or stop ?what do think so far should I continue or stop ?
Re: When Love Lies by Komzzy1(f): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Interesting continue
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 11:59am On Jan 01, 2015
chapter 3
through out is driving he couldn't stop thinking about her (now in is sitting room talking to himself)
how can I explain this feeling, is this love or lust ( thinking for some seconds)
I think is love,what should I do now should I just go after her and tell her what I feel, yeah I think that is what am gonna do ( on a second thought ) no no no'''''''' shaking is head I don't think that world be a good move because if I should just go after her just like that and she finds out who I am and that I know she really needs that job that means she won't have much of a choice than to say yes which will not even let me know what she will claim she feel for me if it is real or not, ( silent ) how can I tackle this mystery in front of me ( thinking ) I think I will stop going to that branch at least for now, that's d number one thing but how will I see her then ( thinking ) I think I will trace her home and I will pick it up from there, yeah that is what I will do heading towards is room to take some shower before going to his parent mansion his been a week now since he last visited ( on getting there)
he expected the security man to open the gate for him on spotting is car but he see d security man coming to meet him.
security man: How can I help you
Kelvin: (was astonish seeing that it was not the same security man that use to be) am kelvin open the gate
S M: and why will I do that, do u have an appointment here
Kelvin: no I need to see my mom
S M: your mom, I don't know you as a son here but wait here let me confirm your claim and he went inside to make use of the phone (land phone).
Hello ma there is someone here to see you he claim to be your son ( from the other end ) is name
S M: kelvin ma (F D O E) let him in, and with that he open the gate for him to drive in.
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 9:56am On Jan 03, 2015
This mom is in the sitting room focusing is attention on what the TV is showing [ fashion ]
when he came in
kelvin: mom who was that man outside
miss Adebimpe: and is that how to greet me
kelvin: am sorry good evening
miss adebimpe: ( turning to face him ) that's the new security man
kelvin: what happen to the old one
miss adebimpe: Ask your dad when he gets back it is his decision not my.
kelvin: mom do you know how many minute have been out there ( pointing outside )
miss adebimpe: that's your punishment for going a week without even checking on me.
kelvin: mom about that is not my fault is work
miss adebimpe: take it easy my dear this companies are not companies that are just establish last year that you will say are consuming most of your time to make them stand
kelvin: is true mom but is good to work when you have d power to do so because time is coming that you will see work and power will not be there
miss adebimpe: and who told you if you decided to stop working for the rest of your life that you will lack a thing
kelvin: I know but
miss adebimpe: ( cut in ) I know you took over you father completely, is been a while I see princess last hope everything is fine
kelvin: she is fine she trave to Spain this morning
miss adebimpe: for what
kelvin: to see is dad
miss adebimpe: I see,how is things between you too this days
kelvin: mom you ask too much question I don't know, I don't want to talk about her
To be continue
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 11:18am On Jan 05, 2015
miss adebimpe: don't tell me you have offended her again
kelvin: am not saying anything again mom, am hungry( looking at is son for some seconds ) she stand up and press a button on d wall few seconds later a maid a maid appear
miss adebimpe: set the dining
maid: OK ma
( in the dining table )
kelvin: mom why do you tell Jennifer that I was in London the last I visited
miss adebimpe: the question should be why do u seem it fit not to visit her when you were there
Kelvin: mom you know I was there for business and you know your daughter if I should visit her she will ask me to at least spend a week with her which I can't afford to
kelvin: do you know what you have cause, she hardly pick my calls this days and when ever she does all she say is that am I ready to come over and tell her why I decided not to visit her when I was there
miss adebimpe: then go and explain yourself to her
kelvin: mom you know I can go there now, am busy
miss adebimpe: then stop complaining and mind u she will soon be coming home you know and if she does and you haven't do has she says you she won't take it lightly with you
kelvin: I will try before comes
( there are now through with there meal )
kelvin: I need to start going
miss adebimpe: is dark already why don't you spend the night hereb
Kelvin: mom this is estate remember and my place is not up to five minute drive, I have some document I have to work on before going to bed but I promise to spend the weekend with you
miss adebimpe: I will hold you up on that
kelvin: don't mom moreover dad will be back by then
miss adebimpe: and what if your dad is back does that stop you from spending the night here
Kelvin: no mom am just saying, bye mom
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2015
what's your say on this story so far shld I continue or stop
Re: When Love Lies by bigwig97(m): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
mindful06 ,ur story will b a very interesting one, so what on earth will make you stop writing it
my observation;
> u will have to work on use of punctuation, coz poor punctuation do confuse readers.
>spelling errors should be avoided as much as posible, eg: u spelt 'his' in the stead of 'is'
hope u undastand..
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2015
thanks friend,I will work on that
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2015
Eight o clock the next day kelvin was in is office he couldn't concentrate more on the day work he has reschedule all is meeting and appointment to the next day.
Two o clock he decided to close for the day ( on is way home ) take me to any low profile boutique you see or know ( talking to is driver ) yes sir is driver reply
on getting there he decided to buy some low quality cloth to put on when he wants to see her
after leaving the boutique on getting home he take some shower and put on one of the cloth he bought from the boutique he didn't take is car he had to get a taxi to take him down there on getting there he check is time and he knows that he has to wait for sometime before she close for the day he decided to wait in one of the restaurant that face the company and he make sure he sit were he will be able to see who ever is going in and coming out of the company
sir what can I offer you ( sales girl )
Kelvin: what do you have
s g: we have pepper soup, rice
kelvin: ( cut in ) just offer me any drinks you have
s g: which one will you like sir, we have
kelvin: ( cut in ) any one of your choice
s g: OK sir
he did not intend in taking anything just to use the drink to buy were he was sitting, after some minute the sales girl return with the drink ( star )
s g: should I open it
kelvin: no thanks I will do that myself
After about and hour he sees her coming out of the company with her bag on her shoulder.
Re: When Love Lies by bigwig97(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
ride on...
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
Seeing her he decided to take is chance from the beginning by approaching her now if she did not take a taxi luckily for him it seem like she is going to track, but he decided to let her walk some mile away from the company before going after her
He pay for the drink he never take and go after her.
kelvin: Excuse me sister
Mary: ( stopping ) please can I help you
kelvin: Actually yes, don't you remember this face
Mary: I don't think I have seen this face before
kelvin: yeah everybody was a bit to himself that day, are u not one of the people that went for interview in U & I company last month
Mary: ( smiling ) yeah do you also attend the interview
Kelvin: yes, I was just eating over there ( pointing towards the restaurant ) when I see you coming out of the company, congratulation I can see you are of the luck one
Mary: To be honest with you sir I don't work there has a staff
Kelvin: ( trying to look confused ) I don't get you, you don't work there has a staff then what did they employ you for
Mary: I work there has a messenger
kelvin: messenger why
Mary: Is a long story I have to go now ( turning to leave )
kelvin: please a minute, working there has a messenger is more than being a staff in some were else and if there is a position vacant in the future you be the first to be consider
Mary: if you say so
kelvin: please can I have your number ( seeing the look on her face ) no string attache is just that am still searching and I see you has an opportunity to know what ever is going on over there in terms of vacancy
( she think for some second and she decided to give him is number )
Mary: ( checking is phone )
kelvin: that's my number
Mary: okey
kelvin: what way are you heading to
Mary: Am actually taking a taxi over there ( pointing towards the direction)
Couldn't stop smiling has he watch her leaving
He let her cross to the other side of the road before heading towards is own direction
Re: When Love Lies by bigwig97(m): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
hmm.....ride on!
Re: When Love Lies by EbukaMascot(m): 11:50am On Jan 11, 2015
Nice work you are doing but I think you've to relax and read your work before you post, at least that will help build on the tempo of your coz it's as if you are so much in a hurry and you'll also be able to avoid mistakes in your tenses and punctuation... Thank you
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
The rest of the week was uneventful all he keep doing was thinking about her and he knows that if he has to call her he must have a reason for doing that
just then he remember that he didn't even ask her, her name
( Although he knows her name ) but he sees that as a reason to call her and maybe to start a conversation
he decided to put a call through to her ( after the third ring )
Mary: Hello
kelvin: Hi is me
Mary: I know is you
kelvin: I just remember that I didn't even ask you of your name the other day
Mary: Then what do you use in saving my number on your phone
kelvin: I just use a name that suit you
Mary: And what name is that
kelvin: Beauty ( seeing that she is silent )
Hello are you there
Mary: Yeah and why do you use that
kelvin: Because that what you are
Mary: Hmm
kelvin: But come to think of it what do you use in saving my
Mary: I won't tell you ( laughing )
kelvin: No problem call me kelvin
Mary: OK, Mary
kelvin: lovely name you got there
Mary: Thanks
kelvin: You are welcome, please there is something very important that I will like to discuss with you
Mary: very important
Kelvin: Yeah
Mary: OK am all ears
kelvin: Is not something we could discuss on phone maybe when we see in person
Mary: When will that be then
Kelvin: You choose
Mary: OK I will call you after work tomorrow and tell you the location
kelvin: OK I will be expecting your call
And that is how it all started
Re: When Love Lies by bigwig97(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
hmmm..continue!
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
thanks for the advice @ebuka
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 9:13am On Jan 13, 2015
[ kelvin Living Room ]
segun: How far about your new girl
kelvin: Point of correction is not yet my girl and to be honest with you, I can't just go a day with out thinking about her I think am really in love with her
segun: Hmm good for you and were do you intend to keep princess
Kelvin: Why are you talking like this you know I feel nothing for her from the day one, to me she is just a family Friend
Segun: OK ooo tell me about her
Kelvin: Now you are talking, she is adorable, Beautiful
segun: ( segun cut in ) am not asking you about that I mean how far have you gone about asking her out
kelvin: About that, she is kind of playing hard ball
segun: ( cut in ) playing hard ball didn't she know your personality I mean did she know the kind of person asking her out
kelvin: you know what, I don't want to do that my intention is to hide who I am to her for d time been
Re: When Love Lies by bigwig97(m): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
update z 2 short oh!
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2015
Segun: Why will you want to do that
kelvin: if she say yes, I just want to know if what she will claim she feels for me is real
segun: your true love philosophy
kelvin: yeah my true love philosophy
segun: I pray this end well because I don't see how it will
kelvin: why are you always like this all you do is to always find fault in things
segun: this is not a matter of me finding fault in things is just that if she finally accepted, how is it going to go well if princess finds out and ure parent on the other side
kelvin: leave princess out of this for now and what do you mean by my parent on the other side
segun: through our conversation have come to understand that this girl is below your class and if that is the case which I believe it is, do you now think is going to end well
Kelvin: this girl we are talking about has not even accepted and here we are discussing if is going to end up well or not, but to let you know when I get to that bridge I will cross it
segun: OK I wish you luck , how far have you gone about our discussion
Kelvin: the contract ( segun nodding is head to confirm it ) I have to talk to dad about it and he promise to get in touch with the M D
segun: I know I can count on you
kelvin: let's count on God
Re: When Love Lies by mindful06(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Later in the evening after segun have left he decided to call Mary ( dialing her mobile no ) she pick up after the third ring
Mary: Hello
Kelvin: Hi, how are you doing
Mary: Am good ( in an unchatable tone )
kelvin: Were are you
Mary: am at home and don't think of coming over because my parent are around
Kelvin: And what if they are around are you too young to have a male visitor, moreover are you not the one that told me last week that they are traveling to the village this week ( seeing that she is silent )
am coming over and he hang up.
Meanwhile Mary was with is friend Tessy and Tolu when she receive the call
Tessy: Who was that
Mary: that's kelvin
Tolu: same Kelvin you told us that has been asking you out
Mary: Yes and I don't know what else to tell him, that will make him ( to let me be)
Tessy: Don't tell me you are even considering is proposal
Tolu: And why shouldn't she consider it
Tessy: Is it not the same guy that she say is jobless
Tolu: And so, does that mean he will remain jobless forever
Tessy: ( turning to Mary that has remain quit all this while ) my sister let me give you this little advice for free no charges
Firstly you work has a messenger no offence and for me I can equally call it that you are jobless and if you want to go into any relationship it should be with someone you know that is going to upgrade you, someone that will affect your life positively by that you know what I mean, someone above your level not the other way round and that kelvin of a guy that you are considering ( Emphasizing on the considering ) is jobless and God know when he will get one in this country of ours talk less of thinking of settling down because at this stage or age of your life any relationship you find yourself you should believe that it is going to lead to marriage.
now tell me a guy that is jobless how will he be thinking of taking the next step in your relationship.
Re: When Love Lies by McJANNY(f): 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
You have a story that can hold ur readers spellbound here..its only that you have to work on your tenses, punctuation, and grammar...lest I forget, good paragraphing is also important. Now, I can't say under what genre to classify this wonderful piece; is this prose or drama...Nice story line though!!
Re: When Love Lies by bigwig97(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2015
mindful06, come and continue what you started oh.
Re: When Love Lies by bigwig97(m): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2015
Happy Birthday, mindful06.
Long Life And Prosperity, I Pray.
Remember, The Only Birthday Cake You Can Offer Me Is An Update.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid For Writing Stories / Harry's Dairy / 'the Legend Of Wale Williams' - Graphic Novel By Roye Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.