Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

should I retain or take this new job - pls advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / should I retain or take this new job - pls advice (17828 Views)

I Desperately Need A Job, Pls Help Me I Beg You / I Just Got A Job-pls Advise / Skill Test By Dragnet For Oil & Gas Job: Pls Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by domwas2(m): 11:39am On Dec 30, 2014
If u were working in a company as a contract staff & u saw another opportunity in a company to work as same contract staff on an MTN project which they will pay 5times d salary u earn at d present place what will u do?

To be specific Remember the MTN project is for a limited time 200k & d present place job is on as d company moving & managing with 40k...

What will be u stand, pls urgent thanks guys
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by stint(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
I would take the new job. Am a risk taker. Nothing is guatanteed in live. The short job might give you connection to a better job and the seemingly stable one may not be there next month. I would take 200K and sit at home to look for better jobs after if i have to.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by domwas2(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Tnx for your comment...
stint:
I would take the new job. Am a risk taker. Nothing is guatanteed in live. The short job might give you connection to a better job and the seemingly stable one may not be there next month. I would take 200K and sit at home to look for better jobs after if i have to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by OLAplusONE(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Take the new job, and try as much as possible to maintain ur spendings/lifestyle as u do while @ d former place, this is for you to have a meaningful savings incase of any eventuality.

26 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by imdolufemi: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
Go for the new Job

2 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by datbay(m): 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Take the new job n make sure you save the excess 160k to start something on your own when the new job ends.

13 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by kenny1st(m): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Everybody you tell including myself will advice you to take the new job but the most important thing you need do at this junction is to hand it over to God for guidance or seek spiritual counselling if need be. Don't hold anything back about your present job when seeking counselling because am very sure the reality you share here on your present job is just 70percent. so take proper steps and may God help you to make right decision.

31 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Obeenah(m): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
The rationale thing wud be to take the new job. If the duration of the contract allows u earn your 2years pay based on ur current income it's a risk worth taking. Save up n even if d contract end at the duration. U have something reasonable to hold u while u search for another. No forget add God too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Big4wig(m): 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by lilmax(m): 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
New one
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by jingh(f): 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
you said limited time !
what will happen if the limited time is 3 month dats 600 thousand but you lose an already prepare but little 120k.
stick with the present

2 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by onadana: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
Leave both since you are not sure.....thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Icekeeng(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
domwas2:
If u were working in a company as a contract staff & u saw another opportunity in a company to work as same contract staff on an MTN project which they will pay 5times d salary u earn at d present place what will u do?

To be specific Remember the MTN project is for a limited time 200k & d present place job is on as d company moving & managing with 40k...

I think you should come to my house so i can be feeding you!

2 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by tosyne2much(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
This write-up is difficult to comprehend

9 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by merieam16(f): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Take up d new job nd wen it ends start up sumtin 4 urself
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Infomizer(m): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Take the new job yeah, but please prove to be indispensable and be on the look out for opportunities. You need to be a tad parsimonous as well!
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by gememerald(m): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Take the new job
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by GodMode: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
domwas2:

Be professional when u write things like this...

Never mention the name of the companies involved publicly

26 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by blemon44(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
ok
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by tejpot(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
May a God bless d work of ur hand. Take the new job

1 Like

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wow.. Deep.

Anyway, a forward looking person will take the new job.
With more experience on your belt and with more pro-activeness, you will get a new job before the end of the project.

With more experience comes confidence and dont forget more money brings confidence too which is a prerequisite to dazzle at interviews.

You may also be on your way to breakthrough. Towards the time when the contract would elapse, your brain will be "super working" and then business ideas may begin to emerge.
During your time there, also ensure that you save well. You know so that you can have something to fall back on because you know, nothing is certain.

Remember to make enquiries about the new job too. Is it Ericsson or Huawei? Either way, make enquiries.

I am just giving you scenarios but when push comes to shove you will have to make the decision and choice and also face the consequences that comes with it.

40k to 200k, the disparity is too much to let go.

What will help right now is to draw a table of preference, plan and pros (cons). It is paramount as this involves your life's career trajectory.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by merieam16(f): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Icekeeng:

r
bros u wicked o grin

2 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by peter1994(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014

TAKE THE NEW JOB

and look forward to NETWORKing with pals

(afterall MTN is a NETWORK provider)

6 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by tuffgongjo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
I won't even think it twice since both are contract jobs.

1 Like

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Go for the second job, spend less. They're both contract jobs. My own point of view.

4 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by Cutesexy1(f): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
go for the new job
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by diksucker(f): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
AL DAT GLITERS ISNT GOLD. D NEW EMPLOYER MAY B OWING U, OR PAY U LATE. MORESO, THEY MAY USE & DUMP U EARLIER THAN U ANTICIPATED, BY THEN U WOULD HAV LOST IN BOTH WAYS

1 Like

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by lizbum(f): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Life itslf is a risk,take d new job. You can never tell, ur connection for d next level may locate u frm ds new job

2 Likes

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by engrkaz(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Take the new job.... Pls b prudent enough bro. God bless u
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by iluvpomo(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
@domwas2 Take the new job. In addition to the bigger pay rate, you will also gain valuable experience with which you can leverage to either find a permanent job with them or a new employer. MTN experience will be good as they are competitive in terms of technology and work environment.

1 Like

Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by gbodimowo(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ok
Re: should I retain or take this new job - pls advice by GodMode: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
merieam16:
Take up d new job nd wen it ends start up sumtin 4 urself

No be by mouth abi na fingers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Got An Invite From Ab Microfinance Bank / How To Find Companies That Are Hiring / Facts You Need To Know About N-power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.