Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Aunt Stella A Story By Godwin Godson - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Aunt Stella A Story By Godwin Godson (1883 Views)

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / My Aunt And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aunt Stella A Story By Godwin Godson by GODWINGODSON(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hi guys this is my first story to be posted on nairaland please give me your thoughts because I'll like to enter it in a competition and do pardon the lack of adequate punctuation.

Aunt Stella

I still remember the day Aunt Stella came to our house with the 'good news' she had just come back from Italy and was looking all fine and elegant and she had gifts for everyone too
Mama nearly died with excitement that day "Stella you mean you want to take Blessing to overseas?" She said as she danced all over our small parlor
"Ah it's nothing what are friends for" Aunt Stella replied "you have been asking me for it for a very long time and we have come a long way you know"
Mama and Aunt Stella were childhood friends, and both grew up in the village then Aunt Stella had gotten a scholarship to school in Italy while Mama was forced to marry early and quit school
Aunt Stella always returned from Italy every christmas and when leaving would take two girls back to Italy with her Mama for years had been trying for years to get Aunt Stella to pick me among the selected girls to no avail until today when she finally agreed
"Aunt Stella so I would become a european girl?" I chirped in from a corner of the room where I was already day-dreaming, seeing myself elegantly dressed like Aunt Stella too and also coming back to take more girls to europe what a pleasant sight it was
"Yes Blessing you will become a big girl, I will find work for you" She was counting on her hands "you will be making money be sending money back to your mother"
As Mama heard about the money she erupted in joy, and knelt down in front of Aunt Stella with her head on her lap "Stella why you love me so? Stella why o now I know my enemies have failed those that say widows are without help let them come and see Stella"
Re: Aunt Stella A Story By Godwin Godson by Onemansquad(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hmmm italy? aunty stella dy recruit gals 2 do ashi abi
ok #following

1 Like

Re: Aunt Stella A Story By Godwin Godson by GODWINGODSON(m): 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
Thank you very much your comment means a lot to me
Re: Aunt Stella A Story By Godwin Godson by GODWINGODSON(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
Here is the second part of the story it would be finished in my next post and please guys do make comments on it thanks

Part 2

Then she began blessing Aunt Stella her enemies would never see her her pocket would never dry she shall live to see her children's children and then she made me kneel and began praying for me also I have never seen anybody more serious than my mom when it comes to prayer but all this was just child's play compared to the one her and my Uncles rained me on the day of departure I was made to kneel down and they all surrounded me like all these white churches do.
"Blessing let me warn you" my mom said after the marathon prayer "don't go to Italy and start doing fine girl Italy is not this village"
I guess she said this because earlier in the month when Aunt Stella had brought my passport and visa I had merely taken them on a stroll when Jasper the village tout had seized them from me demanding I buy him cigarettes before he would released them it had taken the help of my Uncles before he finally released them
"If you like go to Italy and start strolling your Uncles will not be there to help you" Mama rounded up
Unknown to me this was to be the last time I would hear Mama's voice for a very long time
Immediately the village was behind us Aunt Stella started spoiling me anything I asked for she bought and she answered every question of mine patiently from inside the plane to the airport, inside the cab I would inquire of anything I saw and she was more than happy to indulge me
"Eh Aunt Stella!" I shrieked as we passed a gigantic and ancient structure "what is that one?"
"That's a church"
"As big as that you mean all the buildings we've been passing were churches?"
"Yes what did you think?"
"I thought they were government buildings"
"Funny you" Aunt Stella smiled "just wait and see where you will be working will be bigger than this"
Two weeks after this Aunt Stella hadn't still been able to find a job for me we in lived in a two bedroom apartment Aunt Stella occupied one and I shared a room with three other girls Clara, Janet and Cynthia I knew them all back in the Village they had been one of the first girls Aunt Stella had taken to Italy and were much older than me
One thing I noticed about the girls was that they all dressed scantily exposing huge parts of their body they wore only bra and mini-skirts that barely covered their laps, sometimes they just only wore underwear and bra and in my first foray into the outside world I saw all the females on the street dressed like that too the houses here were mostly bungalows and these half-naked girls would sit out front discussing and smoking exposing their womanhood for all the world to see
One thing I noticed too was the number of men that patronized the street, whenever one of these men came calling on our house the girls would ask me to go out until about an hour when I would be called back one day one of these men tried to touch my breasts and I landed a hot slap on his face Aunt Stella came out of her room when she heard the commotion and the man tried to explain himself his hand still massaging his cheeks "Madam Stella I tried to touch your girl and she slapped me is she not among?
"No sir she's not among" Aunt Stella said gently patting his back "not yet"
My ears caught what she said "not yet" what could she mean by that
Re: Aunt Stella A Story By Godwin Godson by alizenbohr: 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
Nice story
I'm following
Happy New Year.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Her "Dry Mouth" Got Her A Husband. (A Story) / Long Story (sad Short Erotic Story) / How To Locate Anyone,anywhere In The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.