Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,399 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 PM

Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? (3528 Views)

She Is Frustrating My Life, Just After I Officially Proposed To Her / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. / Can A Normal Guy Stay One Month Without Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by albino: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SUFFERED THE KIND OF HUMILIATION ,I GOT IN THE HANDS OF MY PRETTY COURSEMATE WHOM I HAVE ADORED FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS, AFTER MONTHS OF BUILDING UP MY COURAGE,I BLUNTLY ASKED HER OUT YESTERDAY,AND TO MY GREATEST AWE SHE REJECTED ME JUST BECAUSE I AM AN ALBINO.I HAVE ASKED MYSELF THIS QUESTION COUNTLESSLY,"IS MY COMLEXION A CURSE"?
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by MissyB1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2008
Sweetie . . . I'm sorry about what happened.
Yea an Albino can lead a normal social life . . . . . .
Some people are very good at stigmatizing . . . .Don't let that get to you.
Say to yourself . . . '' Words can't bring me down''. grin kiss kiss
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by kumbalo(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2008
Missy B:

Sweetie . . . I'm sorry about what happened.
Yea an Albino can lead a normal social life . . . . . .
Some people are very good at stigmatizing . . . .Don't let that get to you.
Say to yourself . . . '' Words can't bring me down''. grin kiss kiss
Take those words . . .

and believe in yourself don't let that lower your self-esteem. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL (HANSOME) AS YOU ARE

Go Boy!
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tmoney11(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2008
Don't listen to what people say, just try and make money, woman will come and beg you to marry them. take the aki and pawpapw instance. woman and begging them now. so money make the world go round
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Encomium(m): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2008
Dear, let not the rejection weigh you down because whether you are an albino or not you will surely encouter rejection one way or the other in life. Be cheerful and continue to lower your net in other side of the river, you will surely catch one day. Best of luck.
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by AdamBrody1(m): 1:59am On Dec 13, 2008
@albino

Dont let all these people decieve you! You will not live a normal social life like anyother person. They are just trying to be nice to you so as not to hurt your feelings because they are typing behind a keyboard, but not one of these women on nairaland especially the shakara oloje ones will even look at you twice in real life.

They are programmed to date only either "tall, dark and handsome" kinds and not "tall, albino and handsome"

Its is a social stigma and you go try before you see fine naija girl date talkless of marry, so you better remove your eyes from them. It will not happen because they naturally are discriminatory in nature towards albinos. How would i know? One of my best friend in secondary school then and part university was an albino. He was very funny and likeable amongst all the guys and we used to hang around him all the time but women were afraid to talk to him talkless of socializing because of their various cultural taboos. He used his humor and charm to make them his friends but to no avail and the boy left that secondary school without a g/f through out. In university, it was even worse because now you had all sorts and he tried to mingle but, trust naija girls and their preferences.

He later had to travel out in his second year and i havent heard from him in a while. So dont raise your hopes high guy! I am not going to pamper you to tell you it will be better!

Na lie,it will only get worse!
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:03am On Dec 13, 2008
There is nothing wrong in being an albino ojare undecided

come to think of it . . . i can't remember an albino ever asking me out
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tpia: 2:12am On Dec 13, 2008
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Sauron1: 2:15am On Dec 13, 2008
Tgirl4real:

There is nothing wrong in being an albino ojare undecided

come to think of it . . . i can't remember an albino ever asking me out

There are posh albinos. . . . . .I have dated one before but hers wasn't too serious.
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by SeaGoddes(f): 2:17am On Dec 13, 2008
Adam Brody:

@albino

don't let all these people decieve you! You will not live a normal social life like anyother person. They are just trying to be nice to you so as not to hurt your feelings because they are typing behind a keyboard, but not one of these women on nairaland especially the shakara oloje ones will even look at you twice in real life.

They are programmed to date only either "tall, dark and handsome" kinds and not "tall, albino and handsome"

Its is a social stigma and you go try before you see fine naija girl date talkless of marry, so you better remove your eyes from them. It will not happen because they naturally are discriminatory in nature towards albinos. How would i know? One of my best friend in secondary school then and part university was an albino. He was very funny and likeable amongst all the guys and we used to hang around him all the time but women were afraid to talk to him talkless of socializing because of their various cultural taboos. He used his humor and charm to make them his friends but to no avail and the boy left that secondary school without a g/f through out. In university, it was even worse because now you had all sorts and he tried to mingle but, trust naija girls and their preferences.

He later had to travel out in his second year and i havent heard from him in a while. So don't raise your hopes high guy! I am not going to pamper you to tell you it will be better!

Na lie,it will only get worse!

lol, omg u r so freakishly funny cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 13, 2008
Adam Dumby, you talk true. grin
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tpia: 2:20am On Dec 13, 2008
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by A40(m): 2:24am On Dec 13, 2008
albino:

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SUFFERED THE KIND OF HUMILIATION ,I GOT IN THE HANDS OF MY PRETTY COURSEMATE WHOM  I HAVE ADORED FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS, AFTER MONTHS OF BUILDING UP MY COURAGE,I BLUNTLY ASKED HER OUT YESTERDAY,AND TO MY GREATEST AWE SHE REJECTED ME JUST BECAUSE I AM AN ALBINO.I HAVE ASKED MYSELF THIS QUESTION COUNTLESSLY,"IS MY COMLEXION A CURSE"?
Dry your eyes mate!I know you want to make her see how much this thing hurts but there is plenty fish in the sea

Seriously though its deep how some girls can be so shallow you are not alone in this i have an older albino friend who comes from a very rich home he has been dating a girl who he practically picked from the gutter and cleaned her up only for her to dump him on the excuse that her family does not approve of the relationship.When he was busy buying gifts and taking care of this piss-poor chic her family members did not know he was an albino ooh  angry angry
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tRoOE(f): 2:26am On Dec 13, 2008
[size=13pt]@Adam Brod
na wa oooo u too blunt oooo grin grin grin kai
True talk sha
[/size]
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2008
@ albino

Adam Brody said it all, but i want you to know something, you would find someone ooh, but she'll love you for who you are and not your color. And my advice to you is, don't ever try to impress a girl into going out wit you. Instead try and make build on your self esteem, listen as Adam said, there would be more of this, but it depends on whether you would want it to bring you down or make you stronger.

If a girl you tried asking out happens to be someone you'll definately see everyday, pretend as if it doesn't bother you. Always have the mind that you'll get someone.

But if after you try and you don't succeed, my guy, stop falling your hand and go and make money or go join the seminary, take the celibacy line and the Lord would expand your greatness.
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tpia: 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2008
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by bettes(f): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2008
@albino:As someone suggested you just concentrate on your career by making money, and your self esteem as well. It cant be easy for an albino to live a normal life but trust when you have money,babes will come looking for you.Pascal Dozie is an example of a succesful albino.
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2008
@ Poster,
I know how you feel. I've seen albinos with wives, husbands and kids. if they can, you can. What of people without legs or hands? ain't you more fortunate?. If others can, you can.
See yourself as a cool dude. cool
Peace
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by ZinZino: 1:43am On Dec 14, 2008
Hey Dont lose up Dawg!

The city b***ches might not be interested in you but the home made mama's would mos def see the beautiful side of you and get attached to you so the problem is that your searching in the wrong places to find your queen!

Be good dawg! Its gonna be aight! wink
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2008
@albino

To tell the truth , people would stigmatize you for your colour and a handful of the ladies on this forum who have given one or more advice wouldn't have a second look at you if you met them on the way.
You should just hold your head high and make as much money as possible , believe me money covers all "disabilities" and try to work on your style.
I once went to this eatery in Aba and I saw this very beautiful chick with this albino who was not even too handsome if he had normal complexion , and the girl was all over him.I was flabberwhelmed and overghasted to say the least but when they were about to leave they entered a Toyota Avalon 2008 model , now tell me how she woldn't jump through burning hoops to satisfy him , so bro make enough cash to get the best dish.
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by spikedcylinder: 2:32pm On Dec 15, 2008
Wetin concern prayer with this one now? Is he supposed to pray for a dark skin?

@ poster, I am sure if you get rich, you want be complaining, they would be killing themselves for you. wink wink For now, you need to develop a very positive attitude to life, you are the way you are, you can't change yourself. Develop a sense of humour, be a snappy dresser, have an attitude and the right girl would come your way. smiley
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tkb417(m): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2008
I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SUFFERED THE KIND OF HUMILIATION ,I GOT IN THE HANDS OF MY PRETTY COURSEMATE WHOM I HAVE ADORED FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS, AFTER MONTHS OF BUILDING UP MY COURAGE,I BLUNTLY ASKED HER OUT YESTERDAY,AND TO MY GREATEST AWE SHE REJECTED ME JUST BECAUSE I AM AN ALBINO.I HAVE ASKED MYSELF THIS QUESTION COUNTLESSLY,"IS MY COMLEXION A CURSE"?
Look for a beautiful albino or go make plenty money, be a celeb (i no dey talk NL celeb o)
then u'll have the likes of Spikey, Tgirl and co runnin after u grin grin
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by spikedcylinder: 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2008
tkb417:

Look for a beautiful albino or go make plenty money, be a celeb (i no dey talk NL celeb o)
then u'll have the likes of Spikey, Tgirl and co runnin after u grin grin

Lol!

Emeere. angry

tongue
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tkb417(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2008
whats Emeere?

U too Aje tongue
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by MissyB1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2008
apocalypse:

@albino

To tell the truth , people would stigmatize you for your colour and a handful of the ladies on this forum who have given one or more advice wouldn't have a second look at you if you met them on the way.
You should just hold your head high and make as much money as possible , believe me money covers all "disabilities" and try to work on your style.
I once went to this eatery in Aba and I saw this very beautiful chick with this albino who was not even too handsome if he had normal complexion , and the girl was all over him.I was flabberwhelmed and overghasted to say the least but when they were about to leave they entered a Toyota Avalon 2008 model , now tell me how she woldn't jump through burning hoops to satisfy him , so bro make enough cash to get the best dish.
Rotflmao!!!
C'mon that's not true . . . . Mehn, that was funny!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tpia: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2008
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tkb417(m): 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2008
What's needed is greater understanding about albinism. An albino wanting to date should look in the right direction. Instead of chasing people who may feel they have other options and can do better, why not search for someone who either by virtue of their life experience or background, will be ready to look past the skin color and focus on the person?
the best is for him/her to look for another albino.
very simple
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by spikedcylinder: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2008
tkb417:

whats Emeere?

U too Aje tongue

Emeere = Wizard. angry

Bite me. angry

tongue

tpia:

like I said, no one has to abuse people for not wanting to marry an albino. Would you also blame someone who didnt want to marry a person with SS? Should they marry them knowing fully well they can't handle the responsibilities and stigma they'll likely get from the association? You're really not being fair here.

I agree. Albinism is a form of disability and no one should say that because a girl has refused to marry a disabled person, she is evil. Its the 21st century, people have the right to be as shallow as can be.
The poster unfortunately has some shortcomings physically and its his responsibility to brazen himself for whatever comes his way. Going by the original story, he approached a very beautiful girl. Not to say he doesn't have the right to appreciate beautiful things but seeing as she's a "fine chick", she would have a wide array of choices, she's not a bad person if her final choice isn't an albino.
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by KarmaMod(f): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2008
Figured wizard was Osho
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tkb417(m): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2008
Figured wizard was Osho
dont mind that itshekiri babe trying to teach me yoro
ure right. wizard=Osho

Emeere = Wizard.

Bite me.

Emeere=Ogbanje

I dont need to bite u, na to e-flog u well well
olodo rabata
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by Tonyet1(m): 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2008
i was watching a documentary on albinism last week on the cable and one side really baffled me. . . . now am not saying this to frighten anyone ok. . . truth sets us free. . .now they say:

1. albinism is a gene (i believe everyone who studied biology in school knew of this, if not search your modern biology)

2. and its said that this gene is found in male and female hormone, (thats why m and f can be albinos)

the most amazing thing is that if partner A (male) has it and partner B(female) doesnt, then the children will never be albinos, but if partner A (male) doesnt have it and partner B (female) does , then the offsprings MUST be. . . mark my word. . .MUST BE!

Now they say we have RECESSIVE and PREDOMINANT ALBINISM

recessive means it is 10% -0% visible,which means we could be albinos and dont know, it doesnt show in the skin nor hair, but is in the blood

predominant means it is 50% -100% visible, which means we see red hairs and red and almost transparent skins,it is in the blood and also on the skin

the fact i am drving at is that females are the carriers and birthers of ALBINISM, so for those dissing from the predominant ones you can never tell you are 100% free from it, until you are tested

CHEERS!
Re: Can Albinos Lead A Normal Social Life Just Like Any Other Person? by tkb417(m): 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2008
i hated biology like mad
this guy just reminded me of that subject

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Anyone Help? Difference Between Love & Emotion / What Are The Differences Btw Girls Playing Hard To Get And Being Uninterested. / Ladies Which Comes First When Choosing A Guy Personality Or Looks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.