Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case (7659 Views)

Nigerian Bar Association Begins Probe Of Saraki’s Lawyers For Walking-out At CCT / Probe Saraki’s Lawyers For Walking Out On CCT, SERAP Tells NBA / Boko Haram: NBA Issues 21-day Ultimatum To FG, Prepares 50 Lawyers For Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Update
This December 2019 will make it 5years my father has bring facing trial.
i created this 2 years after pls read to understand the case

https://www.nairaland.com/2992009/dad-wrongly-detained-please-need

please help us.
He is in OWERRI prison.

please Mod,
I Don't know if this is the right section to write this but I can't find Legal thread or anything concerning legal stuff so I have to write this here. this is my story.

I just finished my one year industrial training in Abuja, then I got a sad news from home that some police from umuahia zone 9 division came to arrest my dad for murder two weeks ago. so when I came back from Abuja on 21 that's when I got the full story from my mum and it goes like this :

My dad works for the imo state rescue mission and he is in charge of ngor okpala and some other local government. so he got a call from his co worker last three weeks that a man had an accident along owerri - aba road. so he rush there with his boys to take the body to the hospital, so before he could reach there some passer by and okada has taken the man to the hospital so he has to drive there, that's when he discovered that the man that had the accident was is former worker in the imo state rescue mission. so after the incident the people of the dead man accused my dad of killing the man. this issue was addressed in owerri police station and they find my dad not guilty.

three days after the man's brother went to umuahia zone 9 to unlawfully arrest my dad and right now my dad is in the prison for a crime he didn't commit. the police are asking for money and we have spend up to 100k still no success. and the worst of it. the people who arrest my dad is no where to be find and according to the police man that talked to my elder brother, he said they only brought him there to kill him and in the statement they wrote. they only mention one witness who claim to see my dad on a HIGH way using stick and knives to kill the man and later throw away the body by side the road ( this accident happened right in front of a market and people are around) so how did they come up with such allegations.

Am confused and I don't know what to do. the police are asking for more money and we have two witnesses that have been to the police station that my dad is innocent but the police don't want to release him. the police are asking us to bring the three people who took the man to the hospital. but how can we know those people and right now the man that accused my dad is no where to be find for 3weeks now.
pls help..
your advice is highly needed.

update

some witnesses we met are afraid to go and testify because the police can arrest them ad demand for bail which will be more than 10k
right now we are weak . we told them to charge it to court but they refused.

No investigation
No thing No thing.

someone just show up in a station and accuse someone and they didn't do any investigation and they came to arrest him.. is that proper.
my house feels empty like I lost my dad.

pls someone should advice

Update

the police are asking for money to perform autopsy and we should bring fuel money before they can come from umuahia to owerri where the accident happens for investigation. We try to plead for them to understand but the man said if we fails to do anything, my dad will be there till April next year and they will charger him for murder case.

WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY IS THIS
The investigation is been done and he was find not guilty.
The autopsy is been carried out and for the past three weeks... no report has been made.
All they want is money, money money

my dad name is
Richard Ekenma

Currently in Criminal investigation department (CID)
Zone 9 umuahia, Abia state.

The number of the IPO in charge of the case is
08037862017 ( Mr omoh )

cc

Seun
OAM4J
Afam4eva
maclatunji
Ngwakwe
Ikenna351

Pls someone should help. We have no money to keep giving to all this police and they done want to help the case.. my dad has been detained for 2 months now..

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by jingh(f): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Sowi mab
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
some witnesses we meet are afraid to go and testify because the police can arrest them ad demand for bail which will be more than 10k ..... right now we are weak . we told them to charge it to court but they refused. No investigation
No thing No thing.
someone just show up in a station and accuse someone and they didn't do any investigation and they came to arrest him.. is that proper.
my house feels empty like I lost my dad.

pls someone should advice
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by 3DCYCLOPS: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
Don't really have an idea on how you should tackle this angry

But I pray you get reasonable comments..and no worry bro..God will see you and your family through this difficult phase of your life....so painful..when others are celebrating the festive period..the devil wants to put sadness on your face.. E NOR GO WORK in jesus name!!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
3DCYCLOPS:
Don't really have an idea on how you should tackle this angry

But I pray you get reasonable comments..and no worry bro..God will see you and your family through this difficult phase of your life....so painful..when others are celebrating the festive period..the devil wants to put sadness on your face.. E NOR GO WORK in jesus name!!

thanks so much... pls if you know any mod who can put it on front page for easy reach out to people.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by 3DCYCLOPS: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
fnep2smooth:

thanks so much... pls if you know any mod who can put it on front page for easy reach out to people.
Know mod??

I don't even know if they really exist lol..
I just come here..post..put smile on peeps faces..then leave.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by doctokwus: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
I assume where he works is a govt agency. Y don't u get his boss involved because its strange that d agency seems uninvolved, unless there is more to the story.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by mikeywise(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
@op, please pm me. I will refer u to someone who might help.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
doctokwus:
I assume where he works is a govt agency. Y don't u get his boss involved because its strange that d agency seems uninvolved, unless there is more to the story.
the agency are acting slow... maybe because it's Christmas season or something but the SSA to security is not responding fine and he shows no interest in the case even with call and text we sent to him.
Am just confused.
there is nothing to the case, I have write it all in my post.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
mikeywise:
@op, please pm me. I will refer u to someone who might help.
I just sent you a pm now.
thanks for helping
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by damoskiy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Write a letter of protest to the area commander...They would take steps on it....

You can also get across to Femi Falana, Joe Odumakin they can help...
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
damoskiy:
Write a letter of protest to the area commander...They would take steps on it....

You can also get across to Femi Falana, Joe Odumakin they can help...
thanks for you advise.
but I don't know there contact info or where I will send it to.
Please if you have any ... You can kindly post it here.
thanks once again
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by adebisicutie: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mods and Seun pls move this thread to the front page. I am sure by God's Grace some lawyers in the house will be able to help or anyone who has close contacts with a human rights lawyer.
These are the types of topics that should be on the front page . Let us not allow this injustice to go unaddressed please

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
adebisicutie:
Mods and Seun pls move this thread to the front page. I am sure by God's Grace some lawyers in the house will be able to help or anyone who has close contacts with a human rights lawyer.
These are the types of topics that should be on the front page . Let us not allow this injustice to go unaddressed please
God bless you.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by zekki: 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
if only you could come to ABUJA to tell your story to Ahmed Isa of Berekete family, your Daddy will be released as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by Redoil: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
Dealing with the nigerian police is very treaky and difficult. Empolying a very good lawyer might cost you a fotune but you are not given a choice. I will suggest that without delay go and look for any lawyer negotiate the fee with him so that ur father can be taken to court. Police detention is never a good place to stay.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
zekki:
if only you could come to ABUJA to tell your story to Ahmed Isa of Berekete family, your Daddy will be released as soon as possible.
bro am in owerri now... and right now things is really hard to start moving back to Abuja.
I don't know how many days it will take me but I am sure my dad can't last to two weeks in that prison.
he could be dead before then
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by zekki: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
fnep2smooth:

bro am in owerri now... and right now things is really hard to start moving back to Abuja.
I don't know how many days it will take me but I am sure my dad can't last to two weeks in that prison.
he could be dead before then
You can cal him on dis no. 08033221149

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
zekki:
You can cal him on dis no. 08033221149
thanks
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by redsun(m): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
The only human right in Nigeria is money. Sadly your dad may be up against some richer thugs that are able to pay the police to lock him up for good or kill him.

I will rather advice you to start clamouring for cash for the services of an independent lawyer rather than human rights lawyers in Nigeria,they are more or less non existent. If you had followed the news recently on nairaland,you would have heard of a case of one human right lawyer standing for Tinubu against sahara reporters. Money for hand,back for ground.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by chiefinalowo: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
zekki:

Ordinary Ahmed will help you, please call him if you can't see him.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
redsun:
The only human right in Nigeria is money. Sadly your dad may be up against some richer thugs that are able to pay the police to lock him up for good or kill him.

I will rather advice you to start clamouring for cash for the services of an independent lawyer rather than human rights lawyers in Nigeria,they are more or less non existent. If you had followed the news recently on nairaland,you would have heard of a case of one human right lawyer standing for Tinubu against sahara reporters. Money for hand,back for ground.
thanks
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Please I need more advice
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by redsun(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
fnep2smooth:

thanks

It is a lawless society and only the weak bears the brunts. Even though you have access to the state attorney general, he still won't be able to do much for you,unless serious money changes hands. But with a paid same lawyer,you could manage to force the case to court,then the long process of proving his innocence will begin.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
redsun:

It is a lawless society and only the weak bears the brunts. Even though you have access to the state attorney general, he still won't be able to do much for you,unless serious money changes hands. But with a paid same lawyer,you could manage to force the case to court,then the long process of proving his innocence will begin.
The police said before we can bring a lawyer we need to bring about 4 more witnesses with the already two witnesses we brought.
Now some passer by and okada who saw the accident don't want to get involved because of fear of police detention.
So we can't force them to come
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by redsun(m): 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
fnep2smooth:

The police said before we can bring a lawyer we need to bring about 4 more witnesses with the already two witnesses we brought.
Now some passer by and okada who saw the accident don't want to get involved because of fear of police detention.
So we can't force them to come

The lawyer has to set the motion by making them prove your dad guilty by taking him to law court. The police are not the he court,they don't have any right to hold your father incommunicado without charging him with evidence that he committed the crime and that is what the lawyer should be there to force then to do it.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
redsun:

The lawyer has to set the motion by making them prove your dad guilty by taking him to law court. The police are not the he court,they don't have any right to hold your father incommunicado without charging him with evidence that he committed the crime and that is what the lawyer should be there to force then to do.
Ok I understand your point but we have try but they refused. I know they want money but they don't want to make it easy for us
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by DLioness(f): 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
fnep2smooth:

the agency are acting slow... maybe because it's Christmas season or something but the SSA to security is not responding fine and he shows no interest in the case even with call and text we sent to him.
Am just confused.
there is nothing to the case, I have write it all in my post.
Go to Ministry of Justice.
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Pray hard for direction

This looks like setup or cover up

Your Dad is the fall guy
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
DLioness:
Go to Ministry of Justice.
I don't know how to reach anybody there and am currently in owerri now
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by fnep2smooth(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
WhiteTechnology:
Pray hard for direction

This looks like setup or cover up

Your Dad is the fall guy
That's what everybody is saying Even some police women.
the guy that call my dad is nowhere to be fine.
Am scared cos they may kill him there
Re: Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case by DLioness(f): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
fnep2smooth:

I don't know how to reach anybody there and am currently in owerri now
I rly feel ur plight. Go to dm in imo state. All I knw it's a lawyr dt cn hlp u go and search, go to law firms, legal aids, lawyrs in ur church etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: PDP Will Bring Back Nigeria’s Economic Fortunes – Peter Obi / LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. / Subsidy Removal: Doubt Over July Date Heightens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.