Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? (3177 Views)

Sango Vs Amadioha, Which Is Most Preferred And Why? Africans Oya Try (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by jahstech: 12:56am On Dec 31, 2014
Was watching this nigerian movie this evening when (as usual for 9ja movie, if them no go see herbarlist the film no dey tough) the herbarlist was incanting and he called AMADIOHA (sorry if it is spelt wrong), but come to think of it, this name keeps coming up now and then I nigerian movies, which made me to wonder, who really or what is this AMADIOHA that they keep calling? Those who know Igbo history we need your views.
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by menix(m): 1:22am On Dec 31, 2014
Amadioha is a pet name for d Igbo godz.
If I shuld called ur moniker 'Jahstech' in igbo it wuld b 'Amadiohastech'
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by blemon44(m): 1:27am On Dec 31, 2014
amadioha is a god of the igbo people in the olden days
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by ShakurM(m): 3:22am On Dec 31, 2014
V
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by bigfrancis21: 5:45am On Dec 31, 2014
Amadioha is an Igbo deity (god) name, especially found in the south of Igbo land. Other Igbo deities are Ojukwu, Ogwugwu, Kamalu etc.
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by Funjosh(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2014
I think say Amadioha na thunder o
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by jahstech: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2014
[size=24pt]Of course i know is the name of a god back then, i need history not just "Is a god" what do you know about him/her?[/size]
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by Ngozi123(f): 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
Amadioha is the ancient god of thunder in some parts of Igboland.
Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by Nwanyibuife: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
Amadioha is the god of thunder and the skies in Igbo land. He is also called Kamanu among the Cross Riverian Igbos of Arochukwu etc.

1 Like

Re: Who Or What Is AMADIOHA? by Abagworo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
Amadioha though has its many definitions seems to have been founded in mystery. I have tried to trace its possible root and it seems to coincide with the era of proliferation of shrines by either an Igbo or non Igbo group of Crossriverian origin whom I believe must have transformed to Ikwerre ethnic group in Rivers State.

When you study the movement and settlement of people from Ozuzu and further claims by Etche people of not being exactly same stock as Ozuzu Amadioha people and same claim by Oratta and Isoama of not being same stock as the Igwekali of Umunoha, then things will add up. Igwekali and Amadioha are probably offshoots of some ancient priestly men with links to Chukwu deity or Ubini Ukpabi of Aro. They brought the Oha titleship and conduct to Southern tip of Igboland with their gods and shrines.

(1) (Reply)

Election Turns Bloody In Bayelsa (graphic Photos) / African Sword Fighting/making & Martial Arts / Photos From The Virgin Ceremony Held In Ogu Town, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.