Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles (6248 Views)

Three Important Principles In The Modern Hijrah / How Can They Be HARAM? Bowing For Elders, Mawlid Nabiyy, Intercession Etc. / Can We Celebrate The Birthday Of Prophet Muhammad (maulud Nabiyy)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 2:13am On Dec 31, 2014
INTRO.
Allah revealed to Muhammad, 600years after the demise of Prophet Yahya:
"And Salamun (peace) be on him the day he was born, the day he dies, and the day he will be raised up to life (again)!" ~Sura Maryam:15

Likewise, Salam to Prophet E'esa (Jesus) on his birthday:
"And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!" ~Sura Maryam:33

There are basically two (2) different opinions regarding the commemoration of the Birthday (Mawlid) of the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household).

* Some Ulama ruled it to be Bid'ah (innovation) - they argued since it was not practiced by the Prophet himself, or by his companions then it is 'bid'ah' to do so.

* Some Ulama ruled it to be permissible, in fact, a recommended act.

Mawlid Nabiyy Commemoration Is Never a 'Bid'ah' of an act of Misguidance!
What is Bid'ah? - To simply put: Bid’ah (Innovation) in Islam is the invention, creation or addition of any matter which is not in harmony with Islamic principles.

Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim documented the saying of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) in this regard: “He who innovates something that is not in agreement with our matter(religion), will have it rejected.” ~Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 49, No. 861

This above-mentioned hadith^ clarify the following hadith which says: "...Beware of newly invented matters, for ALL invented matter is an innovation (bid'ah) and every innovation is misguidance, and all misguidance is in Hell-fire.”

Here the "Bid'ah (innovation)" that is being refer to and condemned are those with NO conformity or harmony with the principles of Islam.

It is a well-documented facts that Sahaba innovated many acts after the demise of the Prophet that constitute the act of ibaadat (worship)today. A very good example is 'Tarawih', the name was never used by the Prophet; and the act (of praying x-nawafil after salat Ishai during the holy month of Ramadhan) was never practiced by the Prophet either. In fact, the 2nd Khalifa who institutionalized this act tagged it "BID'AT hassana" (good INNOVATION".

The question however is: Is Mawlid Nabiyy Commemoration In Harmony With Islamic Principle?
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 2:15am On Dec 31, 2014
1. Intention: The holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household) was reported to have said - "Actions shall be judge according to Intention".

According to Qur'an, Allah send Salam on Prophet Yahya and E'esa (peace be on them) on their Birthday. It is therefore very correct to send Salawat (benediction) upon the holy Prophet on the day he was born. Sending Salawat on the prophet was commanded in the glorious Qur'an (surah al-Ahzab) but time/day is not specify; however, the Day of birth, (Day of death and ressurection) is introduced as per the case of Yahya and E'esa.

Mawlid Nabiyy with this noble intention makes it a valid act and Never Bid'ah (innovation) of an act of misguidance.

2. Commemoration/Remembrance:
Allah in many verses of the holy Qur'an urge (the holy Prophet and his Ummah) the "REMEMBRANCE of the past prophets and holy ones: ('Wadhkur' fil kitab....Remember in the book (the story of...))"

Sura Mary'am vs 16, 41, 51, 54 urge the "Remembrance" of Maryam, Ibrahim, Musa, Ismail. These blessed souls were asked to be remembered through their virtues, noble characters and struggles in the way of their Lord, as stated in those ayah (verses).

Que: Was the holy Prophet ever forgot these past souls for him to be commanded to remember them?. Absolutely not, but whichever way it is, this is a clear command to "Remember past 'heroes' through their virtues and characters and struggles. It is only sensible for later generation to remember people of the past. And what better day there is to commemorate the holy Prophet of Islam (peace be on him and his household) through what Allah describe him for, that is exalted character, than the day of his birth?

On this day, among family, friends, young, old, muslims and non-muslims, sermon about his excellent moral character, struggle in the course of his mission etc is definitely and absolutely a praiseworthy act, and NEVER a Bid'ah of an act of misguidance.

3. A Day Of E'ed (Festive)
Imam 'Ali (as) says:"...Any day that sin is not committed is a day of E'ed (festive)"

We read in the holy Qur'an sura al-Maida vs
112-114 about the prayer of Nabi E'esa (a.s) in fulfilment of a request by the JEW:
"O Allah our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with food) that there may be for us, for the first and the last of us, A SOLEMN FESTIVAL (E'id) and a sign from Thee; and provide for our sustenance for Thou art the best Sustainer.”

Allah granted the prayer and manna was sent down from the heavens for the Bani Israel. That day was marked as an E'id (Festive) day by the children of Israel (Jew) who continue the REMEMBRANCE (of that day) even till date by giving thanks to Allah, and continue recognizing His sign.

If Allah refer to this 'occasion of food' and did not condemned the Bani Israel for making "E'id (festive) out of that day, how can commemorating or making E'id out of the DAY Allah sent His "Mercy unto Mankind" be condemn and called BID'AH/
Misguided act?
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by kasali4real(m): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2014
Al baqir pls stop propagating bidah, cos bidah is bidah no matter how many misinterpretation u bring up to support ur view. Concerning d issue of taraweeh, rosulullah (saw) did not dissaprove of it wen he was alive with d sahabah rather he discontinue comming out of his home out of fear dat Allah will make it obligatory upon d muslims. Umar merely revived it during his khilafa and also thier is an hadith of rosulullah (saw) were he said follow my sunnah and the sunnah of the righly guided khulafa after me.
As for u i have dis to ask u, did rosulullah celebrate his own birthday?, did the rightly guided khulafah or even any of d sahaba celebrate it? and d answer is NO. So fear Allah my brother cos truth is clear.
MAWLID NABIY CELEBRATION IS BIDAH and some among those celebrating it today go to d extent of commiting shirk from it. May ALLAH guide us.

2 Likes

Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by MrOlai: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
^^@kasali4real. Jazakumullah khaera. Leave him alone. That is how he always twists Allah's words & authentic narations of d Prohet(SAW) to sell his misguidance. Just imagine how tactically he was trying accuse Umar(R.A) of wrong doing! I really appreciate ur response to that. Jazakumullah khaeran once again.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
kasali4real:
Al baqir pls stop propagating bidah, cos bidah is bidah no matter how many misinterpretation u bring up to support ur view.

If the highlighted ahadith of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) about the meaning of "bid'ah" do not convince you, I wonder what else will do. Islam enjoin intellectualism and forbid fanaticism. So, do you mind treating this issue intellectually?

Even your esteemed scholars fear the word "bid'ah" in its application being "haram" because some prominent sahaba laid the foundation of many bid'ah. And as it is mandatory for them to protect, by all means, all sahaba, your scholars made us to believe there exist different types of bid'ah.

For the sake of 'respect of opinion', I agree with you "bid'ah is bid'ah". You dare to define what bid'ah is?

kasali4real:

Concerning d issue of taraweeh, rosulullah (saw) did not dissaprove of it wen he was alive with d sahabah

I wonder if you've ever read the ahadith on the so-called "tarawih" yourself. I bet you were spoonfed or do not have independent assessment and interpretations of those ahadith.

This is the explicit wording of the holy Prophet to those who wanted to make "Tahajjud (late-night" nawafil) a congregational prayer (peace be on him and his household) after the fourth-day:
"...So you people, offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer. ”
~Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 134

Even the 2nd khalifa never claimed the "after Ishai nawafil (during Ramadhan) - Tarawih" to be a sunnah rather he says:
"...‘Umar remarked, ‘what an excellent Bid’a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is;"
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 32, Number 227

While he (Umar) concluded praying it at home is better:
"... but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time (tahajjud) is better than the one they are offering (tarawih).’ He meant the prayer in the last part of the night (Tahajjud)."

So is your definition of "Bid'ah is bid'ah" still hold as Umar himself admitted to have introduced a Bid'ah?

Should you want to read more on the so-called "tarawih", here's a dialogue between Albaqir and tbaba1234:
www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station

Anas b. Malik reports that
"The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Some persons from amongst those who kept me company will meet me at the Lake-fount. I will see them, and they will be presented to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. I will say: 'O my Lord, my Sahabah! My Sahabah.' It will be said to me: 'You do not know what they INNOVATED after you.'"
~Sahih Muslim, vol. 4, p. 1800, #2304 (40)

kasali4real:

rather he discontinue comming out of his home out of fear dat Allah will make it obligatory upon d muslims.

Why was the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household) feared the 'nawafil' could be made obligatory if praying in congregation?

According to ahadith, the holy prophet was simply offering Tahajjud in the middle of the night which was made wajib (obligatory) on him by His Lord (Qur'an sura Israi). The practice is not ordered as an obligatory act for the Ummah but by praying it in congregation and inside the mosque, could be obligatory on them; hence, the order and the ruling:
"...So you people, offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer. ”
~Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 134

And Umar's reminder after establishing a Bid'ah:
"... but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.’ He meant the prayer in the last part of the night (Tahajjud)."

Please don't be fooled.

kasali4real:

Umar merely revived it during his khilafa and also thier is an hadith of rosulullah (saw) were he said follow my sunnah and the sunnah of the righly guided khulafa after me.

If Umar was merely reviving "a sunnah", why was he says "what an excellent Bid'ah" and not "revival of a sunnah"?

On the other hands, who are the "Rightly guided Khalifa"? Where does the Prophet ever made mention of Umar to be a Rightly guided khalifa?

A "Rightly guided Khalifa" will never establish a "Bid'ah" but Sunnah.

kasali4real:

As for u i have dis to ask u, did rosulullah celebrate his own birthday?, did the rightly guided khulafah or even any of d sahaba celebrate it? and d answer is NO. So fear Allah my brother cos truth is clear.

Your ideology is easily predictable as can be seen from that age-long repetitive question@bold.

The order of Allah is "wadhkur fil kitab...Remember in the book...so so and so.

The Sunnah of Allah is sending Salam upon His prophets on the day of their birth (and death).

Here we are Remembering the holy Prophet and sending salam to him on his birthday...and a fanatical mind continue asking questions@bold.

Again:
* Does the holy Prophet ever performed "tarawih" (nawafil after salat Ishai during Ramadhan)?

* Does the holy Prophet ever say or commanded the saying of "radiAllahu anhum" after the mention of any sahaba, despite the word being used several times in the Qur'an?

Did the sahaba themselves ever say "radiAllahu anhum" after their respective names?

So, just like you advice me, I do the same to you thus while urging you to understand the meaning of Bid'ah properly:
kasali4real:

So fear Allah my brother cos truth is clear.

kasali4real:

MAWLID NABIY CELEBRATION IS BIDAH and some among those celebrating it today go to d extent of commiting shirk from it. May ALLAH guide us.

The only meaning of "CELEBRATION" your ideology can fathom is a sinful western practice. Besides, is it only Mawlud celebration that has been corrupted?

It is only sensible to condemn "evil acts" locking inside "a good acts" not condemning the "good acts" altogether.

Salam.

1 Like

Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
MrOlai:
^^@kasali4real. Jazakumullah khaera. Leave him alone. That is how he always twists Allah's words & authentic narations of d Prohet(SAW) to sell his misguidance. Just imagine how tactically he was trying accuse Umar(R.A) of wrong doing! I really appreciate ur response to that. Jazakumullah khaeran once again.

As usual, you are like Hyena who only feeds on carcass left by Lions. Both Hyena and Lions are however, a hunting game for a good hunter.

Salam.

1 Like

Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by kasali4real(m): 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
This another hadith concerning d ones u hv been quoting,
Narrated 'Urwa:
That he was informed by 'Aisha, "Allah's Apostle
went out in the middle of the night and prayed in
the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In
the morning, the people spoke about it and then a
large number of them gathered and prayed behind
him (on the second night). In the next morning
the people again talked about it and on the third
night the mosque was full with a large number of
people. Allah's Apostle came out and the people
prayed behind him. On the fourth night the
Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could
not accommodate them, but the Prophet came
out (only) for the morning prayer. When the
morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-
hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma
ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but
I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should
be enjoined on you and you might not be able to
CARRY IT ON." So, Allah's Apostle died and the
situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed
individually)
The need and circumstance at the time of the
Prophet to the time of Umar Bin Al Khattab
(RA) .
At the time of Prophet :
1. Prophet was alive
2. Revelations and laws of Shariah kept coming
to him from Allah
3. Prophet himself prayed with the people and
continued for 3 nights.
4. Prophet stopped praying fearing that it would
be made compulsory since Prophet was alive and
revelation
kept coming onto him and seeing the enthusiasm
of the Sahaba it might have been made
compulsory.
5. Had the law been established as compulsory, if
anyone missed the prayer, then he would be
blamed for such action.

Also from the the hadith of umar
Ibn Shihab said, "Allah's Apostle died and the
people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil
offered individually, not in congregation), and it
remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu
Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate."
'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said, "I went out
in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night
in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people
praying in different groups. A man praying alone
or a MAN PRAYING WITH A LITTLE GROUP behind him.
So, 'Umar said, 'In my opinion I would better
collect these (people) under the leadership of one
Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in
congregation!)'. So, he made up his mind to
congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on
another night I went again in his company and
the people were praying behind their reciter. On
that, 'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a ,
this is; but the prayer which they do not perform,
but sleep at its time is better than the one they
are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part
of the night. (In those days) people used to pray
in the early part of the night."

From the above it is noted that some of the pple use to pray in congregation as was d case of those PRAYING WITH LITTLE group behind dem, so it was a sunnah among dem. UMAR merely revived d sunnah and make it more orderly by gathering dem under one imam.

I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE A SHIA CONSIDERING UR STANCE TOWARDS THIS AS SHIA ARE THE ORIGINAL INVENTOR OF THIS PRACTICES AND OTHER DEVIANT IDEOLOGIES DAT MAKE DEM RAISE THIER IMAM TO THE LEVEL OF SHIRK.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by kasali4real(m): 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said
With regard to qiyaam in Ramadaan, the
Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) introduced this to his
ummah, and he led them in prayer for a number
of nights, because at his time they used to pray
in congregation and individually. But he did not
persist in leading them in one congregation, lest
that be made obligatory for them. When the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon
him) died, sharee’ah was established (and would
not change after that). When ‘Umar (may Allaah
be pleased with him) became caliph, he united
them behind one imam, Ubayy ibn Ka’b, who
united the people in one congregation on the
orders of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be
pleased with him). ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased
with him) was one of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs,
of whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) said: “I urge you to adhere
to my Sunnah and the way of the Rightly-Guided
Caliphs after me; cling tightly to it.” So what he
did was Sunnah but he said, “What a good
innovation this is,” because it was an innovation
in the linguistic sense, as they were doing
something that they had not done during the life
of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings
of Allaah be upon him), i.e., gathering to do this,
but it is Sunnah in the shar’i sense.” [Majmoo’ al-
Fataawa, 22/234, 235]

With this i said salam to those wu follow the guidance as the SHIA are against the sahaba (RA) and have invented KUFR in thier creed.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 11:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
kasali4real:
This another hadith concerning d ones u hv been quoting,
Narrated 'Urwa:
That he was informed by 'Aisha, "Allah's Apostle
went out in the middle of the night
and prayed in
the mosque and some men prayed behind him. In
the morning, the people spoke about it and then a
large number of them gathered and prayed behind
him (on the second night). In the next morning
the people again talked about it and on the third
night the mosque was full with a large number of
people. Allah's Apostle came out and the people
prayed behind him. On the fourth night the
Mosque was overwhelmed with people and could
not accommodate them, but the Prophet came
out (only) for the morning prayer. When the
morning prayer was finished he recited Tashah-
hud and (addressing the people) said, "Amma
ba'du, your presence was not hidden from me but
I was afraid lest the night prayer (Qiyam) should
be enjoined on you and you might not be able to
CARRY IT ON." So, Allah's Apostle died and the
situation remained like that (i.e. people prayed
individually)

@underline, "middle of the night prayer" is called Tahajjud or Qiyam layl, which was wajib (obligatory) on Muhammad (peace be on him and his household). Tahajjud is not limited to the month of Ramadhan alone.

On the other hands, Umar's Bid'ah was "nawafil after salat Ishai during Ramadhan" called Tarawih. It is only limited to the month of Ramadhan.

kasali4real:

The need and circumstance at the time of the
Prophet to the time of Umar Bin Al Khattab
(RA) .
At the time of Prophet :
1. Prophet was alive
2. Revelations and laws of Shariah kept coming
to him from Allah
3. Prophet himself prayed with the people and
continued for 3 nights.

There are certain practice exclusively reserved for the Prophet alone. Tahajjud is one of them. Allah do not err or mistaken in His directive. Please do not insinuate nonsense all in the name of defending Umar's Bid'ah.

@bold (no.3), have you ever ask yourself why 3nights out of 29 or 30days of holy month of Ramadhan? Then how many fasting of Ramadhan does the Prophet pertook in after that 3night incidence?

If the so-called "tarawih" is truly sunnah, there are enough time for the Prophet to teach and establish it making it known that it is not wajib (obligatory) but just superogatory prayer during the nights of Ramadhan.

kasali4real:

4. Prophet stopped praying fearing that it would
be made compulsory since Prophet was alive and
revelation
kept coming onto him and seeing the enthusiasm
of the Sahaba it might have been made
compulsory.
5. Had the law been established as compulsory, if
anyone missed the prayer, then he would be
blamed for such action.

Anyway the above views 4 and 5 were mere conjectures. However, how can prophet fear what is not made obligatory on his Ummah but only on himself? He only fear their persistence in establishing it in congregation in the mosque. That's why he then ruled it to be prayed individually in their respective home, and say that nawafil performed individually at home is better.

Besides, as said earlier, all these ahadith is about Tahajjud (middle of the night nawafil) not tarawih
of Umar's bid'ah which is established after salat Ishai during Ramadhan ONLY.

kasali4real:

Also from the the hadith of umar
Ibn Shihab said, "Allah's Apostle died and the
people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil
offered individually, not in congregation), and it
remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu
Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate
."
'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said, "I went out
in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night
in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people
praying in different groups. A man praying alone
or a MAN PRAYING WITH A LITTLE GROUP behind him.
So, 'Umar said, 'In my opinion I would better
collect these (people) under the leadership of one
Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in
congregation!)'. So, he made up his mind to
congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on
another night I went again in his company and
the people were praying behind their reciter. On
that...

Can't you see the bold^This hadith is clear. And I believe your conscience will never let you rest. People continue offering the nawafil individually, until Umar ruled otherwise. And he himself accepted it to be nothing but Bid'ah. And admitted that Tahajjud is better than the one they are praying (tarawih).

He (Umar) differentiate the two prayers as you will read below. I wonder why thieves like you continue to marry the two together.

kasali4real:

From the above it is noted that some of the pple use to pray in congregation as was d case of those PRAYING WITH LITTLE group behind dem, so it was a sunnah among dem. [s]UMAR merely revived d sunnah and make it more orderly by gathering dem under one imam[/s].

You wonder why I canceled that "wish" and conjecture^ Umar told the truth while you are liar. Umar was reported thus:
kasali4real:

[size=28pt]'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a this is[/size] ,; but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night."

Then you can see the underline how umar differentiate his bid'ah from Prophet's sunnah!

kasali4real:

I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE A SHIA CONSIDERING UR STANCE TOWARDS THIS AS SHIA ARE THE ORIGINAL INVENTOR OF THIS PRACTICES AND OTHER DEVIANT IDEOLOGIES DAT MAKE DEM RAISE THIER IMAM TO THE LEVEL OF SHIRK.

You haven't remove ropes tied around your neck, here you are tying more ropes. Do you have 7 lives?
If you cannot comprehend your ahadith to the level of perfection and conviction, how can you understand anything about Shi'a or the Imams of the Prophet's ahl al-bayt other than repeating what you've been fed with?

Again does the holy Prophet EVER offer "nawafil after salat Ishai during Ramadhan"? Does he named it "tarawih"? Can he ever established "Bid'ah" as Umar said to have introduced "Bid'ah"?

What about saying "RadiAllahu anhum" after the names of sahaba? Does the prophet or his sahaba EVER indulge in it?
Are these not clear Bid'ah since the prophet never practiced them.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 12:18am On Jan 01, 2015
kasali4real:
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said
With regard to qiyaam in Ramadaan, the
Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) introduced this to his
ummah, and he led them in prayer for a number
of nights, because at his time they used to pray
in congregation and individually. But he did not
persist in leading them in one congregation, lest
that be made obligatory for them. When the
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon
him) died, sharee’ah was established (and would
not change after that). When ‘Umar (may Allaah
be pleased with him) became caliph, he united
them behind one imam, Ubayy ibn Ka’b, who
united the people in one congregation on the
orders of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be
pleased with him). [s]‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased
with him) was one of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs[/s],
of whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) said: “I urge you to adhere
to my Sunnah and the way of the Rightly-Guided
Caliphs after me; cling tightly to it.” So what he
did was Sunnah but he said, “What a good
innovation this is,” because it was an innovation
in the linguistic sense, as they were doing
something that they had not done during the life
of the Messenger of Allaah
(peace and blessings
of Allaah be upon him), i.e., gathering to do this,
but it is Sunnah in the shar’i sense.” [Majmoo’ al-
Fataawa, 22/234, 235]

grin grin Majmoo al-Fatawa of Ibn Taymiyyah. You see the sheik himself is compelled with the word "Bid'ah" used by Umar, hence, he bogusly interpret it "linguistically" but shot himself with these words:" as they were doing something that they had not done during the life of the Messenger of Allaah

As you can see, the Sheik's strongest argument in defending Umar's bid'ah is on the purported idea that he was among the Rightly guided Khalif.

Then, can you help the dead sheik by providing even a daeef hadith where the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household) ever mentioned Umar to be among the "Rightly guided Khalif"?

Just one daeef and I will accept.

kasali4real:

With this i said salam to those wu follow the guidance as the SHIA are against the sahaba (RA) and have invented KUFR in thier creed.

Your campaign is futile, man. 99% of NL regulars knew Albaqir to be Shi'a and I have never hide my identity or belief for once. I challenge you to defend your ideology or call for help or support.

I believe you are newcomer on Islam for muslim forum for your campaign (which I canceled^) is no more valid. Wise and intellectual muslim knew not ALL sahaba are righteous. There are evils among them, and these are the ones Shi'a loved to expose.

Again, Anas b. Malik reports that
"The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Some persons from amongst those who kept me company will meet me at the Lake-fount. I will see them, and they will be presented to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. I will say: 'O my Lord, my Sahabah! My Sahabah.' It will be said to me: 'You do not know what they INNOVATED after you.'"
~Sahih Muslim, vol. 4, p. 1800, #2304 (40)

This among hundreds of hadith, are what you hate most thereby campaign that Shi'a are against sahaba. I wonder what you will do had my source was shi'a books of hadith.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by Empiree: 2:05am On Jan 01, 2015
I dont know why some are still arguing on Molud. There have been debates on this for decades or centuries. Also there is no doubt that trusted and learned Shuyuk(p. shaykh) of the past had no problems with this gathering called Molud. There are also trusted/learned Shaykhs who dont celebrate it.

Fact remains that rigidity does not solve anything. Indeed there is no absolute proof from Quran wa Sunnah (except traits) sanctioning molud or declaring Molud bid'ah. By sanctioning I meant where prophet(SAW) said "my birthday should be celebrated". By bid'ah i meant where Quran or hadith says "molud nabiy is bid'ah or haram". Merely saying it's bid'ah because it was not practiced by the prophet or sahaba" is too literal.

Question to those who say it's bid'ah, where will you be on the day of Molud Nabiy? clubbing, your girl friend's visit, soccer field?, the list goes on. You should be questioning what exactly is done within not the concept. Have you ever been to molud and didnt learn anything?. Nothing is done therein except praising Allah and His messanger....discussion on seerat nabiy (saw)etc. How's that bid'ah?. The concept is within shariah unless and except if some trespass (abuse).

Molud is one part of what is revolving.....

"And I am a salafi as long as salafiyya refers to holding to the Sacred Law with practices based on what is flexible and evolving rather than that which is rigid and narrow." - Sheik Adam(r)

Solution: Molud is not forced on anyone. While those people celebrate molud and you are not invited but you show up shouting "bid'ah" "bid'ah" "bid''ah".....honestly, you need to be shipped out faster than federal express because you constitute nuisance and agent of fitna.

It's fine if you consider it bid'ah but dont tell others not to celebrate it. In Molud there is nothing like "happy birthday to you muhammad, hbd to you" rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by kasali4real(m): 6:45am On Jan 01, 2015
The virtues of Al farouq umar ibn khattab (ra)

1. Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Abbas (may
Allah be pleased with both the father
and the son) reports the Holy Prophet,
may Allah send greetings and salutations
on him, as saying:
ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺃﻋﺰ ﺍﻹﺳﻼﻡ ﺑﺄﺑﻰ ﺟﻬﻞ ﺑﻦ ﻫﺸﺎﻡ ﺃﻭ ﺑﻌﻤﺮ. ﻗﺎﻝ
ﻓﺄﺻﺒﺢ ﻓﻐﺪﺍ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ- ﻓﺄﺳﻠﻢ
"O Allah, strengthen Islam with Abu
Jahl bin Hisham or Umar bin
Khattab." In the morning Umar went
to the Holy Prophet, may Allah send
greetings and salutations on him, and
embraced Islam. [Sunan Tirmidhi,
Hadith 3683]
2. Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Abbas (may
and the son) narrates when Sayyiduna
Umar Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu accepted
Islam, Jibraeel Alaihis Salam descent and
said:
ﻳﺎ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻟﻘﺪ ﺍﺳﺘﺒﺸﺮ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺍﻟﺴﻤﺎﺀ ﺑﺈﺳﻼﻡ ﻋﻤﺮ
"O Muhammad – may Allah send
greetings and salutations on him –
indeed, the residents of the heavens
are rejoicing in Umar`s embracing
Islam." [Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith 103]
3. It is related that Sayyiduna 'Abdullah
Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu said,
ﻣﺎ ﺯﻟﻨﺎ ﺃﻋﺰﺓ ﻣﻨﺬ ﺃﺳﻠﻢ ﻋﻤﺮ
"We have become mighty since 'Umar
became Muslim." [Sahih al-Bukhari,
Book of the Virtues of the
Companions, Hadith 3481]
4. Sayyiduna Uqbah bin Amir (may Allah
be pleased with him) narrates that the
Holy Prophet, may Allah send greetings
and salutations on him, said:
ﻟﻮ ﻛﺎﻥ ﺑﻌﺪﻯ ﻧﺒﻰ ﻟﻜﺎﻥ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ
If there were to be a prophet after
me, indeed he would be Umar, son of
Khattab. [Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith
3686]

It is related that Sayyiduna Jabir ibn
'Abdullah said that the Prophet, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace,
said,
ﺭﺃﻳﺘﻨﻰ ﺩﺧﻠﺖ ﺍﻟﺠﻨﺔ ، ﻓﺈﺫﺍ ﺃﻧﺎ ﺑﺎﻟﺮﻣﻴﺼﺎﺀ ﺍﻣﺮﺃﺓ ﺃﺑﻰ
ﻃﻠﺤﺔ ﻭﺳﻤﻌﺖ ﺧﺸﻔﺔ ، ﻓﻘﻠﺖ ﻣﻦ ﻫﺬﺍ ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻫﺬﺍ
ﺑﻼﻝ . ﻭﺭﺃﻳﺖ ﻗﺼﺮﺍ ﺑﻔﻨﺎﺋﻪ ﺟﺎﺭﻳﺔ ، ﻓﻘﻠﺖ ﻟﻤﻦ ﻫﺬﺍ
ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻟﻌﻤﺮ . ﻓﺄﺭﺩﺕ ﺃﻥ ﺃﺩﺧﻠﻪ ﻓﺄﻧﻈﺮ ﺇﻟﻴﻪ ، ﻓﺬﻛﺮﺕ
ﻏﻴﺮﺗﻚ ‏» . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﺄﻣﻰ ﻭﺃﺑﻰ ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺃﻋﻠﻴﻚ
ﺃﻏﺎﺭ ﻃﺮﻓﺎﻩ
"I dreamt that I entered the Garden
and there was ar-Rumaysa', the wife
of Abu Talha. I heard a faint sound
and said, 'Who is this?' He said, 'This
is Bilal.' I saw a palace with a girl in
its courtyard and said, 'Who does this
belong to?' They said, ''Umar.' I
wanted to enter it and look at it but
then I remembered your jealousy.'
'Umar said, 'By my mother and
father, Messenger of Allah, would I be
jealous on account of you?'" [Sahih al-
Bukhari, Book of the Virtues of the
Companions, Hadith 3476]

It is related from Sayyiduna Abu
Hamzah that the Messenger of Allah,
may Allah bless him and grant him
peace, said,
ﺑﻴﻨﺎ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻧﺎﺋﻢ ﺷﺮﺑﺖ - ﻳﻌﻨﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﺒﻦ - ﺣﺘﻰ ﺃﻧﻈﺮ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﺮﻯ
ﻳﺠﺮﻯ ﻓﻰ ﻇﻔﺮﻯ ﺃﻭ ﻓﻰ ﺃﻇﻔﺎﺭﻯ ، ﺛﻢ ﻧﺎﻭﻟﺖ ﻋﻤﺮ.
ﻓﻘﺎﻟﻮﺍ ﻓﻤﺎ ﺃﻭﻟﺘﻪ ﻗﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﻌﻠﻢ
"While I was asleep, I dreamt that I
drank (milk) until I could feel
moisture coming out of my nails and
then I gave it to 'Umar ibn al-
Khattab." They asked, "How do you
interpret it, Messenger of Allah?" He
replied, "It means knowledge." [Sahih
al-Bukhari, Book of the Virtues of the
Companions, Hadith 3478]

It is related that Sayyiduna Sa'id ibn
Abi Waqqas said,
ﺍﺳﺘﺄﺫﻥ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ، ﻭﻋﻨﺪﻩ ﻧﺴﻮﺓ ﻣﻦ ﻗﺮﻳﺶ ﻳﻜﻠﻤﻨﻪ
ﻭﻳﺴﺘﻜﺜﺮﻧﻪ ، ﻋﺎﻟﻴﺔ ﺃﺻﻮﺍﺗﻬﻦ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺻﻮﺗﻪ ﻓﻠﻤﺎ ﺍﺳﺘﺄﺫﻥ
ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ ﻗﻤﻦ ﻓﺒﺎﺩﺭﻥ ﺍﻟﺤﺠﺎﺏ ﻓﺄﺫﻥ ﻟﻪ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ
ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻓﺪﺧﻞ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻭﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ -
ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻳﻀﺤﻚ ، ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺃﺿﺤﻚ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﺳﻨﻚ ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻰ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ‏« ﻋﺠﺒﺖ ﻣﻦ ﻫﺆﻻﺀ ﺍﻟﻼﺗﻰ ﻛﻦ ﻋﻨﺪﻯ ﻓﻠﻤﺎ
ﺳﻤﻌﻦ ﺻﻮﺗﻚ ﺍﺑﺘﺪﺭﻥ ﺍﻟﺤﺠﺎﺏ ‏» . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻓﺄﻧﺖ
ﺃﺣﻖ ﺃﻥ ﻳﻬﺒﻦ ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ . ﺛﻢ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻳﺎ ﻋﺪﻭﺍﺕ
ﺃﻧﻔﺴﻬﻦ ، ﺃﺗﻬﺒﻨﻨﻰ ﻭﻻ ﺗﻬﺒﻦ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻓﻘﻠﻦ ﻧﻌﻢ ، ﺃﻧﺖ ﺃﻓﻆ ﻭﺃﻏﻠﻆ ﻣﻦ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ -
ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﺇﻳﻬﺎ ﻳﺎ ﺍﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ ﻭﺍﻟﺬﻯ ﻧﻔﺴﻰ ﺑﻴﺪﻩ ﻣﺎ
ﻟﻘﻴﻚ ﺍﻟﺸﻴﻄﺎﻥ ﺳﺎﻟﻜﺎ ﻓﺠﺎ ﻗﻂ ﺇﻻ ﺳﻠﻚ ﻓﺠﺎ ﻏﻴﺮ ﻓﺠﻚ
"'Umar asked the Messenger of Allah,
peace, for permission to enter while
there were some women of Quraysh
with him who speaking to him and
asking him for more, raising their
voices above his voice. When 'Umar
ibn al-Khattab asked for permission
to enter, they rushed to screen
themselves. The Messenger of Allah,
peace, gave him permission and
'Umar entered while the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, was laughing. 'Umar said,
'May Allah make you laugh, Messenger
of Allah.' He said, 'I am amazed at
those women who were with me.
When they heard your voice, they
rushed to screen themselves.' 'Umar
said, 'But you, Messenger of Allah, are
more entitled to be feared.' Then he
said, 'O enemies of your selves! Do
you fear me and not fear the
Messenger of Allah?' They said, 'Yes,
you are harsher and more severe than
the Messenger of Allah.' The
Messenger of Allah said, 'O Ibn al-
Khattab! By the One in whose hand
my soul is, whenever Shaytan finds
you taking a path, he only takes a
path other than your path.'" [Sahih al-
Companions, Hadith 3480]

Sayyiduna Ali (may Allah ennoble his
face) narrates that the Messenger of
Allah (may Allah bestow peace and
blessings upon him) said,
ﺃﺑﻮﺑﻜﺮ ﻭﻋﻤﺮ ﺳﻴﺪﺍ ﻛﻬﻮﻝ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺍﻟﺠﻨﺔ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻷﻭﻟﻴﻦ
ﻭﺍﻵﺧﺮﻳﻦ، ﻣﺎ ﺧﻼ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻴﻴﻦ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﺮﺳﻠﻴﻦ
“Abu Bakr and `Umar are the leaders
of the mature inhabitants of Paradise,
of the first and the last with the
exception of the Prophets and the
Messengers.” [Jami' al-Ahadith,
Hadith 233]

It is related that Sayyiduna Ibn
'Abbas said,
ﻭﺿﻊ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺳﺮﻳﺮﻩ ، ﻓﺘﻜﻨﻔﻪ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ﻳﺪﻋﻮﻥ
ﻭﻳﺼﻠﻮﻥ ﻗﺒﻞ ﺃﻥ ﻳﺮﻓﻊ ، ﻭﺃﻧﺎ ﻓﻴﻬﻢ ، ﻓﻠﻢ ﻳﺮﻋﻨﻰ ﺇﻻ
ﺭﺟﻞ ﺁﺧﺬ ﻣﻨﻜﺒﻰ ، ﻓﺈﺫﺍ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻓﺘﺮﺣﻢ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻋﻤﺮ ، ﻭﻗﺎﻝ
ﻣﺎ ﺧﻠﻔﺖ ﺃﺣﺪﺍ ﺃﺣﺐ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺃﻥ ﺃﻟﻘﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺑﻤﺜﻞ ﻋﻤﻠﻪ ﻣﻨﻚ ،
ﻭﺍﻳﻢ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ، ﺇﻥ ﻛﻨﺖ ﻷﻇﻦ ﺃﻥ ﻳﺠﻌﻠﻚ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻣﻊ
ﺻﺎﺣﺒﻴﻚ ، ﻭﺣﺴﺒﺖ ﺃﻧﻰ ﻛﻨﺖ ﻛﺜﻴﺮﺍ ﺃﺳﻤﻊ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻰ -
ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﺫﻫﺒﺖ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻭﺃﺑﻮ ﺑﻜﺮ
ﻭﻋﻤﺮ ، ﻭﺩﺧﻠﺖ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻭﺃﺑﻮ ﺑﻜﺮ ﻭﻋﻤﺮ ، ﻭﺧﺮﺟﺖ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻭﺃﺑﻮ
ﺑﻜﺮ ﻭﻋﻤﺮ
"'Umar ibn al-Khattab who had been
placed on his bed, and the people
gathered around him to make
supplication and pray before he was
removed. I was among them. I was
startled when a man took hold of my
shoulders, and it was 'Ali ibn Abi
Talib. He asked for mercy for 'Umar
and said, 'You have not left behind
anyone I would prefer to encounter
with the like of your actions. By Allah,
I used to think that Allah would put
you with your two companions. I
reckoned this as I often heard the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, say, "I and
Abu Bakr and 'Umar went..." and "I
and Abu Bakr and 'Umar entered..."
and "I and Abu Bakr and 'Umar
left."'" [Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of the
Virtues of the Companions, Hadith
3482]

THESE ARE SOME OF WHAT UMAR STOOD FOR
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 7:57am On Jan 01, 2015
Empiree:
I dont know why some are still arguing on Molud. There have been debates on this for decades or centuries. Also there is no doubt that trusted and learned Shuyuk(p. shaykh) of the past had no problems with this gathering called Molud. There are also trusted/learned Shaykhs who dont celebrate it.

Fact remains that rigidity does not solve anything. Indeed there is no absolute proof from Quran wa Sunnah (except traits) sanctioning molud or declaring Molud bid'ah. By sanctioning I meant where prophet(SAW) said "my birthday should be celebrated". By bid'ah i meant where Quran or hadith says "molud nabiy is bid'ah or haram". Merely saying it's bid'ah because it was not practiced by the prophet or sahaba" is too literal.

Question to those who say it's bid'ah, where will you be on the day of Molud Nabiy? clubbing, your girl friend's visit, soccer field?, the list goes on. You should be questioning what exactly is done within not the concept. Have you ever been to molud and didnt learn anything?. Nothing is done therein except praising Allah and His messanger....discussion on seerat nabiy (saw)etc. How's that bid'ah?. The concept is within shariah unless and except if some trespass (abuse).

Molud is one part of what is revolving.....

"And I am a salafi as long as salafiyya refers to holding to the Sacred Law with practices based on what is flexible and evolving rather than that which is rigid and narrow." - Sheik Adam(r)

Solution: Molud is not forced on anyone. While those people celebrate molud and you are not invited but you show up shouting "bid'ah" "bid'ah" "bid''ah".....honestly, you need to be shipped out faster than federal express because you constitute nuisance and agent of fitna.

It's fine if you consider it bid'ah but dont tell others not to celebrate it. In Molud there is nothing like "happy birthday to you muhammad, hbd to you" rubbish.
Ma sha Allah!
If only this bidiatic ideology could understand this simple and sensible summary^ rather than talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 8:13am On Jan 01, 2015
kasali4real:
[s]The virtues of Al farouq umar ibn khattab (ra)

1. Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Abbas (may
and the son) reports the Holy Prophet,
may Allah send greetings and salutations
on him, as saying:
ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺃﻋﺰ ﺍﻹﺳﻼﻡ ﺑﺄﺑﻰ ﺟﻬﻞ ﺑﻦ ﻫﺸﺎﻡ ﺃﻭ ﺑﻌﻤﺮ. ﻗﺎﻝ
ﻓﺄﺻﺒﺢ ﻓﻐﺪﺍ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ- ﻓﺄﺳﻠﻢ
"O Allah, strengthen Islam with Abu
Jahl bin Hisham or Umar bin
Khattab." In the morning Umar went
to the Holy Prophet, may Allah send
greetings and salutations on him, and
embraced Islam. [Sunan Tirmidhi,
Hadith 3683]
2. Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Abbas (may
and the son) narrates when Sayyiduna
Umar Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu accepted
Islam, Jibraeel Alaihis Salam descent and
said:
ﻳﺎ ﻣﺤﻤﺪ ﻟﻘﺪ ﺍﺳﺘﺒﺸﺮ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺍﻟﺴﻤﺎﺀ ﺑﺈﺳﻼﻡ ﻋﻤﺮ
"O Muhammad – may Allah send
greetings and salutations on him –
indeed, the residents of the heavens
are rejoicing in Umar`s embracing
Islam." [Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith 103]
3. It is related that Sayyiduna 'Abdullah
Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu said,
ﻣﺎ ﺯﻟﻨﺎ ﺃﻋﺰﺓ ﻣﻨﺬ ﺃﺳﻠﻢ ﻋﻤﺮ
"We have become mighty since 'Umar
became Muslim." [Sahih al-Bukhari,
Book of the Virtues of the
Companions, Hadith 3481]
4. Sayyiduna Uqbah bin Amir (may Allah
be pleased with him) narrates that the
Holy Prophet, may Allah send greetings
and salutations on him, said:
ﻟﻮ ﻛﺎﻥ ﺑﻌﺪﻯ ﻧﺒﻰ ﻟﻜﺎﻥ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ
If there were to be a prophet after
me, indeed he would be Umar, son of
Khattab. [Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith
3686]

It is related that Sayyiduna Jabir ibn
'Abdullah said that the Prophet, may
Allah bless him and grant him peace,
said,
ﺭﺃﻳﺘﻨﻰ ﺩﺧﻠﺖ ﺍﻟﺠﻨﺔ ، ﻓﺈﺫﺍ ﺃﻧﺎ ﺑﺎﻟﺮﻣﻴﺼﺎﺀ ﺍﻣﺮﺃﺓ ﺃﺑﻰ
ﻃﻠﺤﺔ ﻭﺳﻤﻌﺖ ﺧﺸﻔﺔ ، ﻓﻘﻠﺖ ﻣﻦ ﻫﺬﺍ ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻫﺬﺍ
ﺑﻼﻝ . ﻭﺭﺃﻳﺖ ﻗﺼﺮﺍ ﺑﻔﻨﺎﺋﻪ ﺟﺎﺭﻳﺔ ، ﻓﻘﻠﺖ ﻟﻤﻦ ﻫﺬﺍ
ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻟﻌﻤﺮ . ﻓﺄﺭﺩﺕ ﺃﻥ ﺃﺩﺧﻠﻪ ﻓﺄﻧﻈﺮ ﺇﻟﻴﻪ ، ﻓﺬﻛﺮﺕ
ﻏﻴﺮﺗﻚ ‏» . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﺄﻣﻰ ﻭﺃﺑﻰ ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺃﻋﻠﻴﻚ
ﺃﻏﺎﺭ ﻃﺮﻓﺎﻩ
"I dreamt that I entered the Garden
and there was ar-Rumaysa', the wife
of Abu Talha. I heard a faint sound
and said, 'Who is this?' He said, 'This
is Bilal.' I saw a palace with a girl in
its courtyard and said, 'Who does this
belong to?' They said, ''Umar.' I
wanted to enter it and look at it but
then I remembered your jealousy.'
'Umar said, 'By my mother and
father, Messenger of Allah, would I be
jealous on account of you?'" [Sahih al-
Companions, Hadith 3476]

It is related from Sayyiduna Abu
Hamzah that the Messenger of Allah,
peace, said,
ﺑﻴﻨﺎ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻧﺎﺋﻢ ﺷﺮﺑﺖ - ﻳﻌﻨﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﺒﻦ - ﺣﺘﻰ ﺃﻧﻈﺮ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﺮﻯ
ﻳﺠﺮﻯ ﻓﻰ ﻇﻔﺮﻯ ﺃﻭ ﻓﻰ ﺃﻇﻔﺎﺭﻯ ، ﺛﻢ ﻧﺎﻭﻟﺖ ﻋﻤﺮ.
ﻓﻘﺎﻟﻮﺍ ﻓﻤﺎ ﺃﻭﻟﺘﻪ ﻗﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﻌﻠﻢ
"While I was asleep, I dreamt that I
drank (milk) until I could feel
moisture coming out of my nails and
then I gave it to 'Umar ibn al-
Khattab." They asked, "How do you
interpret it, Messenger of Allah?" He
replied, "It means knowledge." [Sahih
al-Bukhari, Book of the Virtues of the
Companions, Hadith 3478]

It is related that Sayyiduna Sa'id ibn
Abi Waqqas said,
ﺍﺳﺘﺄﺫﻥ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ، ﻭﻋﻨﺪﻩ ﻧﺴﻮﺓ ﻣﻦ ﻗﺮﻳﺶ ﻳﻜﻠﻤﻨﻪ
ﻭﻳﺴﺘﻜﺜﺮﻧﻪ ، ﻋﺎﻟﻴﺔ ﺃﺻﻮﺍﺗﻬﻦ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺻﻮﺗﻪ ﻓﻠﻤﺎ ﺍﺳﺘﺄﺫﻥ
ﻋﻤﺮ ﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ ﻗﻤﻦ ﻓﺒﺎﺩﺭﻥ ﺍﻟﺤﺠﺎﺏ ﻓﺄﺫﻥ ﻟﻪ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ
ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻓﺪﺧﻞ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻭﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ -
ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻳﻀﺤﻚ ، ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﺃﺿﺤﻚ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﺳﻨﻚ ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻰ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ‏« ﻋﺠﺒﺖ ﻣﻦ ﻫﺆﻻﺀ ﺍﻟﻼﺗﻰ ﻛﻦ ﻋﻨﺪﻯ ﻓﻠﻤﺎ
ﺳﻤﻌﻦ ﺻﻮﺗﻚ ﺍﺑﺘﺪﺭﻥ ﺍﻟﺤﺠﺎﺏ ‏» . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻓﺄﻧﺖ
ﺃﺣﻖ ﺃﻥ ﻳﻬﺒﻦ ﻳﺎ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ . ﺛﻢ ﻗﺎﻝ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻳﺎ ﻋﺪﻭﺍﺕ
ﺃﻧﻔﺴﻬﻦ ، ﺃﺗﻬﺒﻨﻨﻰ ﻭﻻ ﺗﻬﺒﻦ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ
ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻓﻘﻠﻦ ﻧﻌﻢ ، ﺃﻧﺖ ﺃﻓﻆ ﻭﺃﻏﻠﻆ ﻣﻦ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ -
ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - . ﻓﻘﺎﻝ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ
ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﺇﻳﻬﺎ ﻳﺎ ﺍﺑﻦ ﺍﻟﺨﻄﺎﺏ ﻭﺍﻟﺬﻯ ﻧﻔﺴﻰ ﺑﻴﺪﻩ ﻣﺎ
ﻟﻘﻴﻚ ﺍﻟﺸﻴﻄﺎﻥ ﺳﺎﻟﻜﺎ ﻓﺠﺎ ﻗﻂ ﺇﻻ ﺳﻠﻚ ﻓﺠﺎ ﻏﻴﺮ ﻓﺠﻚ
"'Umar asked the Messenger of Allah,
peace, for permission to enter while
there were some women of Quraysh
with him who speaking to him and
asking him for more, raising their
voices above his voice. When 'Umar
ibn al-Khattab asked for permission
to enter, they rushed to screen
themselves. The Messenger of Allah,
peace, gave him permission and
'Umar entered while the Messenger of
Allah, may Allah bless him and grant
him peace, was laughing. 'Umar said,
'May Allah make you laugh, Messenger
of Allah.' He said, 'I am amazed at
those women who were with me.
When they heard your voice, they
rushed to screen themselves.' 'Umar
said, 'But you, Messenger of Allah, are
more entitled to be feared.' Then he
said, 'O enemies of your selves! Do
you fear me and not fear the
Messenger of Allah?' They said, 'Yes,
you are harsher and more severe than
the Messenger of Allah.' The
Messenger of Allah said, 'O Ibn al-
Khattab! By the One in whose hand
my soul is, whenever Shaytan finds
you taking a path, he only takes a
path other than your path.'" [Sahih al-
Companions, Hadith 3480]

Sayyiduna Ali (may Allah ennoble his
face) narrates that the Messenger of
Allah (may Allah bestow peace and
blessings upon him) said,
ﺃﺑﻮﺑﻜﺮ ﻭﻋﻤﺮ ﺳﻴﺪﺍ ﻛﻬﻮﻝ ﺃﻫﻞ ﺍﻟﺠﻨﺔ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻷﻭﻟﻴﻦ
ﻭﺍﻵﺧﺮﻳﻦ، ﻣﺎ ﺧﻼ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻴﻴﻦ ﻭﺍﻟﻤﺮﺳﻠﻴﻦ
“Abu Bakr and `Umar are the leaders
of the mature inhabitants of Paradise,
of the first and the last with the
exception of the Prophets and the
Messengers.” [Jami' al-Ahadith,
Hadith 233]

It is related that Sayyiduna Ibn
'Abbas said,
ﻭﺿﻊ ﻋﻤﺮ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺳﺮﻳﺮﻩ ، ﻓﺘﻜﻨﻔﻪ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ﻳﺪﻋﻮﻥ
ﻭﻳﺼﻠﻮﻥ ﻗﺒﻞ ﺃﻥ ﻳﺮﻓﻊ ، ﻭﺃﻧﺎ ﻓﻴﻬﻢ ، ﻓﻠﻢ ﻳﺮﻋﻨﻰ ﺇﻻ
ﺭﺟﻞ ﺁﺧﺬ ﻣﻨﻜﺒﻰ ، ﻓﺈﺫﺍ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻓﺘﺮﺣﻢ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻋﻤﺮ ، ﻭﻗﺎﻝ
ﻣﺎ ﺧﻠﻔﺖ ﺃﺣﺪﺍ ﺃﺣﺐ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺃﻥ ﺃﻟﻘﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺑﻤﺜﻞ ﻋﻤﻠﻪ ﻣﻨﻚ ،
ﻭﺍﻳﻢ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ، ﺇﻥ ﻛﻨﺖ ﻷﻇﻦ ﺃﻥ ﻳﺠﻌﻠﻚ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻣﻊ
ﺻﺎﺣﺒﻴﻚ ، ﻭﺣﺴﺒﺖ ﺃﻧﻰ ﻛﻨﺖ ﻛﺜﻴﺮﺍ ﺃﺳﻤﻊ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻰ -
ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﻳﻘﻮﻝ ﺫﻫﺒﺖ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻭﺃﺑﻮ ﺑﻜﺮ
ﻭﻋﻤﺮ ، ﻭﺩﺧﻠﺖ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻭﺃﺑﻮ ﺑﻜﺮ ﻭﻋﻤﺮ ، ﻭﺧﺮﺟﺖ ﺃﻧﺎ ﻭﺃﺑﻮ
ﺑﻜﺮ ﻭﻋﻤﺮ
"'Umar ibn al-Khattab who had been
placed on his bed, and the people
gathered around him to make
supplication and pray before he was
removed. I was among them. I was
startled when a man took hold of my
shoulders, and it was 'Ali ibn Abi
Talib. He asked for mercy for 'Umar
and said, 'You have not left behind
anyone I would prefer to encounter
with the like of your actions. By Allah,
I used to think that Allah would put
you with your two companions. I
reckoned this as I often heard the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless
him and grant him peace, say, "I and
Abu Bakr and 'Umar went..." and "I
and Abu Bakr and 'Umar entered..."
and "I and Abu Bakr and 'Umar
left."'" [Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of the
Virtues of the Companions, Hadith
3482]

THESE ARE SOME OF WHAT UMAR STOOD FOR[/s]

[size=25pt]Don't you have courtesy and manners? Here we are discussing Mawlud by treating what is bid'ah and what is not. Where does "merit of Umar ibn al-Khattab" fit in? Such is your desperation to defend and tag Sunnah what Umar himself called Bid'ah.[/size]

"Follow the truth and you will recognize its people"
If you ever follow personality in searching truth, you will be far from it.

Kindly stick to the topic and do not derail. Should you wish to discuss Umar's credential, go to maclatunji's side talk thread and invite Albaqir.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by kasali4real(m): 8:24am On Jan 01, 2015
THIS IS TYPICAL OF SHIA, HIDING BEHIND THE VEIL

OTHER HOLY SCRIPTURES BY THE SHIA
-----------------
But the gravest of all in the deviations of
the Shi'ahs is the presence of other holy
scriptures besides Al-Qur'an and that they
say that the Qur'an is fake. When reading
and examining our references that are
mu'tabar, I found the names of other books
claimed by our ulama' s as being revealed
to Rasulullah SAW and that those books
were specially dedicated to Ali RA. Those
books are Al-Jami'ah, Sahifah An Namus,
Sahifah Al-Abithah, Sahifah Dzuabah As-
Saif, Sahifah Ali, Al-Jufr, Mushaf Fatimah,
Al- Qur'an.
Regarding the mushaf Fathimah, from Ali
bin Said and Abu Abdullah AS (Ja'afar As
Sadiq), he said, "We possess the the
mushaf Fathimah, it contains the verses of
the kitabullah, it was revealed to Rasulullah
and his family and was written personally
by Ali with his hand." (Bihar Al Anwar,
26/48).
If the book was dictated by Rasulullah and
written by Ali, why did he hide it from his
ummah? Allah SWT says, "O Messenger,
announce that which has been revealed to
you from your Lord. , and if you do not, then
you have not conveyed His
message...." (QS Al-Maidah : 67).
Regarding the Qur'an, Our ulama' s and
mujtahid s agreed that the Qur'an is the
only book that has changed among the
books that are recognized by the Shi'ahs.
Al-Muhaddiths An-Nuri Ath-Thibrisi has
compiled all the evidences and proofs of the
occurrence of wide-scale alterations in the
Qur'an in his book which he named “The
Determiner In Establishing The Occurrence
Of Alterations In The Book Of God Of All
Gods” ( Faslu al-khithab fi Ittsbati Tahrif
Kitabi Rabbi Al-Arbab ).
In his book, he has compiled a thousand
riwaayah s which stated that there has
occurred alterations. He compiled the words
of the fiqh experts and the ulama' s of
Shi'ah who openly stated that the Qur'an
that is in the hands of mankind today has
been changed from the original.
The true Qur'an is the Qur'an that was with
Ali and the imam s after him until it will be
with Al-Qaim.
Due to that, when facing death, Imam Al-
Khaui made a will to us, his students and
cadres in Hauzah, "Hold tight to this Al-
Qur'an until the appearance of the Qur'an
Fathimah."
Indeed, the most bizarre and surprising
thing is that, all of these books had been
handed down from Allah and dedicated to
Imam Ali and the imam s after him but they
are all hidden from the ummah. If Imam Ali
really had those books, what is he hiding
them for?
After wandering in very tiring and painful
journey, what should I do? Do I have to
remain in the position and office the way it
is today, and dredge away the abundant
treasures from the simple-minded people
who do not know anything in the name of
khumus and contributions in the festivals
and then ride on a luxury car and practice
nikah mut'ah with beautiful women? Or do I
have to leave this pleasure, abstain from
the haram deeds and blast out the truth
because one who is silent from the truth is
a mute Satan.
I know that Abdullah bin Saba' is a Jew
who founded the Shi'ah Madzhab and sects
in Islam. He instilled enmity and hatred
amongst them after they were earlier bound
by love and iman which united their hearts.
"They [think to] deceive Allah and those
who believe, but they deceive not except
themselves and perceive [it] not." (QS Al-
Baqarah : 9)

Concerning the permisibility of MAOLUD i have proven beyond doubt, instead u try to dicredit the sahaba Umar ibn khattab using sahih hadith u MISINTERPRETED and i presented to you from those sahih hadith the STATUS of umar among the sahabas.
SO ARE U NOE REJECTING THE HADITHS OF COURSE U DONT BLV IN ANY OF THOSE HADITH TO START WITH UR ONLY HERE TO MISGUIDE MUSLIMS BY QUOTING WHAT U WISH AND DISREGARDING OTHERS WHEN U FEEL LIKE.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by MrOlai: 8:25am On Jan 01, 2015
@kasali4real. Jazakumullah khaeran 4 that on Umar(R.A). May d peace and blessings of Allah(SWT) be upon Him, Abubakar, Uthman, Ali $ other righteous companions of d Prophet(SAW), d Prophet's household and those who follow d Prophet's footsteps till d day of judgement. This is same Umar(R.A), Albaqir and his folk rain curses upon year in year out! Dat shows u his level of "dolal". What do u expect from somebody who says Islam is not d only true path? He seizes every opportunity to paint d noble companions of d Prophet black especially Umar(R.A). What has Maulud got to do with d 2nd Khalif in his write up? I can bet u, he can come up and twist those ahadith on Umar(R.A) to paint Him black.
Jazakumullah khaeran once again.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by MrOlai: 8:45am On Jan 01, 2015
AlBaqir:

[size=25pt]Don't you have courtesy and manners? Here we are discussing Mawlud by treating what is bid'ah and what is not. Where does "merit of Umar ibn al-Khattab" fit in? Such is your desperation to defend and tag Sunnah what Umar himself called Bid'ah.[/size]
"Follow the truth and you will recognize its people"
If you ever follow personality in searching truth, you will be far from it.
Kindly stick to the topic and do not derail. Should you wish to discuss Umar's credential, go to maclatunji's side talk thread and invite Albaqir.
Stop deceiving urself! What has Maulud got to do with d 2nd Khalif (Umar) in ur write up, if u didn't hav intention of bashing Him(R.A)? We know u already. U should be accused of what u accused kasali4real for. Respond to d ahadith quoted on d virtues of Umar(R.A)!
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 9:10am On Jan 01, 2015
kasali4real:

THIS IS TYPICAL OF SHIA, HIDING BEHIND THE VEIL

Typical of Shi'a? You mean sticking to the subject matter and not derailing! Ma sha Allah. Am glad you recognize that while you hold the opposite - derailing from topic going zig-zag off topic - is your ideology. My friend, and your brother MrOlai is also of that shameful ideology. He might start something like Mut'a where Mawlud Nabiyy is being discussed. grin

kasali4real:

Concerning the permisibility of MAOLUD i have proven beyond doubt,

Hmmmm...Allahu Akbar! This is a public forum. Lest you don't know, there are thousands and millions of viewers following the dialogue. And unfortunately you've proven NADAH. You are just campaigning about Shi'a.

kasali4real:

instead u try to dicredit the sahaba Umar ibn khattab using sahih hadith u MISINTERPRETED and i presented to you from those sahih hadith the STATUS of umar among the sahabas.
SO ARE U NOE REJECTING THE HADITHS OF COURSE U DONT BLV IN ANY OF THOSE HADITH TO START WITH UR ONLY HERE TO MISGUIDE MUSLIMS BY QUOTING WHAT U WISH AND DISREGARDING OTHERS WHEN U FEEL LIKE.

Again this thread has nothing to do with Umar's status. The topic is about Mawlud Nabiyy.

* First, you fail to define what Bid'ah is in your own ideology but rather declare "Bid'ah is Bid'ah". Then you label Mawlud to be Bid'ah because Prophet did not practice it.

* Second, I explain to you what is meant by Bid'ah being any new thing with no Islamic principle and justification. Yet you cry Bid'ah is Bid'ah.
Then comes Umar's Tarawih which he himself called "Bid'ah".
Now you want to kill yourself proving that "Umar's Bid'ah" is Sunnah.

* Third, in line of this discussion, I asked you where does hadith on "Umar's Merits" fit in? No answer. That attitude is called derailing.

* Fourth, I further showed you other "Bid'ah" (according to your definition and ideology) like the saying of "RadiAllahu anhum".

kasali4real:

[s]OTHER HOLY SCRIPTURES BY THE SHIA
-----------------
But the gravest of all in the deviations of
the Shi'ahs is the presence of other holy
scriptures besides Al-Qur'an and that they
say that the Qur'an is fake. When reading
and examining our references that are
mu'tabar, I found the names of other books
claimed by our ulama' s as being revealed
to Rasulullah SAW and that those books
were specially dedicated to Ali RA. Those
books are Al-Jami'ah, Sahifah An Namus,
Sahifah Al-Abithah, Sahifah Dzuabah As-
Saif, Sahifah Ali, Al-Jufr, Mushaf Fatimah,
Al- Qur'an.
Regarding the mushaf Fathimah, from Ali
bin Said and Abu Abdullah AS (Ja'afar As
Sadiq), he said, "We possess the the
mushaf Fathimah, it contains the verses of
the kitabullah, it was revealed to Rasulullah
and his family and was written personally
by Ali with his hand." (Bihar Al Anwar,
26/48).
If the book was dictated by Rasulullah and
written by Ali, why did he hide it from his
ummah? Allah SWT says, "O Messenger,
announce that which has been revealed to
you from your Lord. , and if you do not, then
you have not conveyed His
message...." (QS Al-Maidah : 67).
Regarding the Qur'an, Our ulama' s and
mujtahid s agreed that the Qur'an is the
only book that has changed among the
books that are recognized by the Shi'ahs.
Al-Muhaddiths An-Nuri Ath-Thibrisi has
compiled all the evidences and proofs of the
occurrence of wide-scale alterations in the
Qur'an in his book which he named “The
Determiner In Establishing The Occurrence
Of Alterations In The Book Of God Of All
Gods” ( Faslu al-khithab fi Ittsbati Tahrif
Kitabi Rabbi Al-Arbab ).
In his book, he has compiled a thousand
riwaayah s which stated that there has
occurred alterations. He compiled the words
of the fiqh experts and the ulama' s of
Shi'ah who openly stated that the Qur'an
that is in the hands of mankind today has
been changed from the original.
The true Qur'an is the Qur'an that was with
Ali and the imam s after him until it will be
with Al-Qaim.
Due to that, when facing death, Imam Al-
Khaui made a will to us, his students and
cadres in Hauzah, "Hold tight to this Al-
Qur'an until the appearance of the Qur'an
Fathimah."
Indeed, the most bizarre and surprising
thing is that, all of these books had been
handed down from Allah and dedicated to
Imam Ali and the imam s after him but they
are all hidden from the ummah. If Imam Ali
really had those books, what is he hiding
them for?
After wandering in very tiring and painful
journey, what should I do? Do I have to
remain in the position and office the way it
is today, and dredge away the abundant
treasures from the simple-minded people
who do not know anything in the name of
khumus and contributions in the festivals
and then ride on a luxury car and practice
nikah mut'ah with beautiful women? Or do I
have to leave this pleasure, abstain from
the haram deeds and blast out the truth
because one who is silent from the truth is
a mute Satan.
I know that Abdullah bin Saba' is a Jew
who founded the Shi'ah Madzhab and sects
in Islam. He instilled enmity and hatred
amongst them after they were earlier bound
by love and iman which united their hearts.
"They [think to] deceive Allah and those
who believe, but they deceive not except
themselves and perceive [it] not." (QS Al-
Baqarah : 9)[/s]

Sorry this campaign does not fit this thread. I wonder what maclatunji, Sissie and other moderator do in keeping this off-topic comments.

Like I told you, should you want to "expose Shi'a" with your copy-paste ideology, invite me to maclatunji's side talk thread.

Here's one of your modern salafi Sheik admitting he used to talk ignorantly and immaturely about Shi'a:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLvsQA1oaCg
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by MrOlai: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=AlBaqir post=29387040]

"Again this thread has nothing to do with Umar's status."
Camelion! Liar! Why did mention 2nd Khalif (R.A) in d thread accusing him of wrong doing?
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 9:27am On Jan 01, 2015
MrOlai:
What do u expect from somebody who says Islam is not d only true path?

".. and Allah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed." ~sura al-Munafiqun:1

Alhamdulillah the thread is very much alive for the world to read, and praise to Him for, you and your folk have been schooled.

MrOlai:

What has Maulud got to do with d 2nd Khalif in his write up?
MrOlai:

Stop deceiving urself! What has Maulud got to do with d 2nd Khalif (Umar) in ur write up, if u didn't hav intention of bashing Him(R.A)? !
I wonder if you can ever pass on verbal reasoning/learning. The issue on Mawlud linking Umar is about "Bid'ah".

Ignorant people like you continue calling Mawlud Nabiyy a "Bid'ah act" claiming the Prophet did not practice it. And we fire back with a sahih hadith that your esteem master also established a Bid'ah in tarawih, and he himself said it is Bid'ah.

If you defend Umar's Bid'ah then what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

MrOlai:

We know u already. U should be accused of what u accused kasali4real for. Respond to d ahadith quoted on d virtues of Umar(R.A)!
MrOlai, am happy you know Albaqir. You know am not afraid of debate. But while I like hitting the bulls eyes, I don't stoop so low derailing threads.

You or kasali4real or whoever can open a thread on Umar and invite Albaqir for dialogue. Mind you, Albaqir once open a thread titled "Cold truth about Umar ibn al-Khattab". It lasted for 4days with serious dialogue. Unfortunately, maclatunji deleted the thread.

So, again this thread has nothing to do with Umar's purported merits; hence, my decline to respond@bold.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by MrOlai: 9:42am On Jan 01, 2015
AlBaqir:

".. and Allah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed." ~sura al-Munafiqun:1
Alhamdulillah the thread is very much alive for the world to read, and praise to Him for, you and your folk have been schooled.
I wonder if you can ever pass on verbal reasoning/learning. The issue on Mawlud linking Umar is about "Bid'ah".
Ignorant people like you continue calling Mawlud Nabiyy a "Bid'ah act" claiming the Prophet did not practice it. And we fire back with a sahih hadith that your esteem master also established a Bid'ah in tarawih, and he himself said it is Bid'ah.
If you defend Umar's Bid'ah then what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
You can't run away ooo because u started it by wrongly accusing Umar(R.A). U even fraudulently quoted Sahih Bukhari to justify ur claim. Now, virtues of Umar(R.A) was presented to u from d same source u fraudulently used, u want to run away! Respond to d ahadith quoted on virtues of Umar(R.A).
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by kasali4real(m): 9:45am On Jan 01, 2015
ALBAQIR...It has been established dat from d hadith previously quoted dat some r praying with small groups and umar merely bring dem under a single imam ( so its not new praying it in groups)
The word bidah used in the hadith is linguistic.

The big question is how many generation pass after d death of the prophet ( pbuh) did dey started celebrating maolid nabiy?
Did Ali celebrated it or odered the people to celebrate it as well?

As with d case of some pple praying in groups, bring an instance were d pple have celebrated maolid ealier even if its one instance.

WE KNW UR NOT A MUSLIM AS TO UR BLV DAT SALVATION IS IN OTHER THAN ISLAM
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2015
kasali4real:
ALBAQIR...It has been established dat from d hadith previously quoted dat some r praying with small groups and umar merely bring dem under a single imam ( so its not new praying it in groups)
The word bidah used in the hadith is linguistic.

That was sheik ibn Taymiyyah's view and by default all sheik's follower admitted same. Sheik however shot himself saying "They did what prophet never did". And amazingly, Umar did not see it being "linguistic" rather he himself declared that Prophet practice of Tahajjud (which they will sleep and wake to perform) is better than this one (Tarawih) they are praying.

That sealed the argument.

kasali4real:

The big question is how many generation pass after d death of the prophet ( pbuh) did dey started celebrating maolid nabiy?
Did Ali celebrated it or odered the people to celebrate it as well?

Like I said earlier your biggest problem is about "celebration" being what is in vogue today. And I told you the "Mawlud Nabiyy commemoration" is simply about Sending Salawat upon the blessed Muhammad and his purified household, recitation of eulogy and praise for the Prophet, and talking about his Seerah. Gifts and donations can also be shared among the needy as par one of the virtues of the Prophet.

The ahl al-bayt (as) of the holy Prophet (peace be on him and his household) "celebrate" their father in this way highlighted above. What do you know, for example, about Imam Ali (as), the head of the ahl al-bayt if he "celebrated" the birthday of his master?

kasali4real:

As with d case of some pple praying in groups, bring an instance were d pple have celebrated maolid ealier even if its one instance.

Since you do not believe in Shi'a sources, simply google search Mawlud Nabiyy in Islamic History; then, Sunni scholars like Ibn Hajar, Sheik Nabahani, Imam Jalaludeen Abdur-Rahman Suyuti et al not only approved of and sanctioned Mawlud but also "celebrated" it in congregation.

kasali4real:

WE KNW UR NOT A MUSLIM AS TO UR BLV DAT SALVATION IS IN OTHER THAN ISLAM
Perhaps you have super-glue on your eyes and intellect. If Allah told you some believers among the people of the book will have good reward, and only those who rejected faith will enter Hell, then who the Hell are you talking nonsense.

You can fight those Qur'anic verses with your senseless ideology.
Again, this is off topic. Post it in the appropriate thread pls. Be courteous for once bro. Thank.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 10:37am On Jan 01, 2015
MrOlai:

You can't run away ooo because u started it by wrongly accusing Umar(R.A). U even fraudulently quoted Sahih Bukhari to justify ur claim. Now, virtues of Umar(R.A) was presented to u from d same source u fraudulently used, u want to run away! Respond to d ahadith quoted on virtues of Umar(R.A).

Run away? From what? From rookies like you and kasali4real? You gatta be kidding me. Funny man.

Please MrOlai. Do me a favour, copy-paste the so-called Umar's merit and open a new thread with that title. Then invite Albaqir for dialogue or debate. Stop behaving like rogue. Quran and the prophet (peace be on him and his household) enjoin nothing but courtesy, good manner, and sound argument.

2 Likes

Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
Al Shafi'I writes:
"Anything that has a foundation in religious law is not an innovation even if the Companions did not do it, because their refraining from doing it might have been for a certain excuse they had at the time, or they left it for something better, or perhaps not all of them knew about it."

Imam Al-Suyuti:
In Al hawi lil fatawi, Al-Suyuti wrote a special chapter entitled, "The Good Intention in Commemorating the Mawlid", at the beginning of which he said,"There is a question being asked about commemorating the Mawlid of the Prophet in the month of Rabi' al Awwal: What is the religious legal ruling in this regard? Is it good or bad? Does the one who celebrates get reward or not?' The answer according to me is as follows: To commemorate the Mawlid, which is basically gathering people together, reciting parts of the Qur'an, narrating stories about the Prophet's birth and the signs that accompanied it, their serving food, and afterwards departing is one of the good innovations; and the one who practices it gets rewarded, because it involves venerating the status of the Prophet and expressing joy for his honorable birth."

Ibn Taymiyya
Ibn Taymiyya's opinion about Mawlid from the Collected Fatwas, Majma' Fatawa ibn Taymiyya (vol. 23, p. 163) and his lqtida' al-sirat al-mustaqim (p. 294-295) in the section entitled "The innovated festivities of time and place" (ma uhditha min al-a'yad al-zamaniyya wa al-makaniyya):
"And similarly what some people innovate by analogy with the Christians who celebrate the birth of Jesus, or out of love for the Prophet and to exalt him, and Allah may reward them for this love and effort, not on the fact that it is an innovation... To celebrate and to honor the birth of the Prophet and to take it as an honored season, as some of the people are doing, is good and in it there is a great reward, because of their good intentions in honoring the Prophet."

Ibn Kathir
Ibn Kathir says in his book Mawlid Rasul Allah (p.19):
"The Night of the,Prophet's birth is a magnificient, noble, blessed and holy night, a night of bliss for the believers, pure, radiant with lights, and of immeasurable price."

Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Haythami
In the same source previously mentioned, al-Suyuti said:
"Someone asked Ibn Hajar about commemorating the Mawlid. Ibn Hajar answered, 'Basically, commemorating the Mawlid is an innovation that has not been transmitted by the righteous Muslims of the first three centuries. However, it involves good things and their opposites, therefore, whoever looks for the good and avoids the opposites then it is a good innovation.' It occurred to me (Suyuti) to trace it to its established origin, which has been confirmed in the two authentic books: al Salihain. When the Prophet arrived in Medina he found that the Jews fast the day of 'ashura; when he inquired about it they said, 'This is the day when Allah I drowned the Pharaoh and saved Moses, therefore we fast it to show our gratitude to Allah .' From this we can conclude that thanks are being given to Allah on a specific day for sending bounty or preventing indignity or harm. What bounty is greater than the bounty of the coming of this Prophet , the Prophet of Mercy, on that day?"

"This is regarding the basis of Mawlid. As for the activities, these should consist only of things that express thankfulness to Allah, such as what has been previously mentioned: reciting Qur'an, eating food, giving charity, reciting poetry, praising the Prophet or on piety which moves hearts and drives them to do good and work for the Hereafter."

These are the derivations that those opposed to Mawlid call false conclusions and invalid analogies.

Imam Shamsu Din bin Nasir al Dimashqi He wrote: "Mawlid al sa'ada fi mawlid al hadi."
He is the one who said about the Prophet's estranged uncle, Abu Lahab,"This unbeliever who has been disparaged, 'perish his hands', will stay in Hell forever. Yet, every Monday his torment is being reduced because of his joy at the birth of the Prophet. How much mercy can a servant expect who spends all his life joyous about the Prophet and dies believing in the Oneness of Allah ?"

Imam Abu Shama Imam Abu Shama (Imam Nawawi's shaykh)
In his book al ba'ith ala Inkar al bida' wal
hawadith (p. 23) he said:"One of the best innovations in our time is what is being done every year on the Prophet's birthday, such as giving charity, doing good deeds, displaying ornaments, and expressing joy, for that expresses the feelings of love and veneration for him in the hearts of those who are celebrating, and also, shows thankfulness to Allah for His bounty by sending His Messenger the one who has been sent as a Mercy to the worlds."

Imam al Shihab al Qastallani (al Bukhari's commentator)
In his book Al mawahib al ladunniya (p. 1-148) said:
"May Allah I have mercy on the one who turns the nights of the month of the Prophet's birth into festivities in order to increase the suffering of those whose hearts are filled with disease and sickness."
www.israinternational.com/mawlid-al-nabi.html
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 10:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
OTHER SUNNI SCHOLARS WHO APPROVED MAWLUD NABIYY CELEBRATION
Wikipedia writes:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mawlid
*Mufti Ali Gomaa, Chief Mufti of the world's oldest and largest Islamic university, Al Azhar in Egypt

* Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the primary scholar of the Muslim Brotherhood movement,

* Muhammad Alawi al-Maliki, Grand Mufti of Cyprus Nazim Al-Haqqani[citation needed], Habib Ali al-Jifri of Yemen

* Syed Shujaat Ali Qadri, Muhammad Ilyas Qadri the founder of Dawat-e-Islami

* Sheikh Nuh Ha Mim Keller, Grand Mufti of Bosnia Mustafa Cerić

* Abdalqadir as-Sufi, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, Gibril Haddad, Shaykh Said Afandi al-Chirkawi, Shaykh Hisham Kabbani, Grand Mufti of India Akhtar Raza Khan, Kanthapuram A. P. Aboobacker Musalyar of Markazu Saqafathi Sunniya and Zaid Shakir

All subscribe to Sunni Islam, and have given their approval for the observance of Mawlid. They suggest that fasting on Mondays is also a way of commemorating Muhammad's birthday. For the first in English Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri has published a book Mawlid al-Nabi Celebration and Permissibility defending the legality of Mawlid over more than 700 pages.

OPPOSING SCHOLARS WHO DEEMED MAWLUD 'BID'AH
Wikipedia also writes:

Scholars and preachers who consider Mawlid to be Bid‘ah and forbid its celebration belong to the Salafi, Deobandi and Qurāniyūn ideologies; they include

*Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz, who was the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia

* Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais, the imam of the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia

*Zakir Naik, and Bilal Philips, of the Salafi movement, and Ebrahim Desai who subscribe to the Deobandi movement.
Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
Qur'an, sura Ibrahim: 5
"And We certainly sent Moses with Our signs, [saying], "Bring out your people from darkness into the light and remind them of the days of Allah." Indeed in that are signs for everyone patient and grateful."

Hafiz Ibn Kathir and Qadi Shawkani write that:
The day of Allah” refers to the day on which Allah Almighty has done a favour on mankind. For example, the freedom of Bani Isra’il from the slavery of Fir’awn. [Tafsir Ibn Kathir and Qaadee Shawkaanee]

Allah’s greatest favour on mankind was the birth of the Prophet [peace be on him and his household]. This means that the Milaad of the Prophet [peace be on him and his household] is a “Day of Allah”, therefore we should remember it.

The renownedd Sunni Interpreter of Quran of Shafi'i school of thought Ismail Ibn Kathir (1300-1373) said in his famous book Al-Bidayah Wa Nihayah(Vol. 12, Page No.166) about Satan:

He says that Satan cried loudly four times:

(1.)First when Allah declared him cursed.

(2.)Second when he was thrown out of Heaven.

(3.)Third when Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him and his household) was born.

(4.)Fourth when Surah Fatiha was revealed.

Salam Alayka Ya RasulAllah!

1 Like

Re: Mawlud Nabiyy - An Act In Harmony With Islamic Principles by AlBaqir(m): 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
Unity Week:
After the victory of the Islamic Revolution in Iran & in order to foster unity among Islamic school of thoughts, Imam Khomeini(ra) designated 12th Rabi ul-Awwal - 17th Rabi ul-Awwal of every year as "Unity Week".

These two dates on the Islamic calender were chosen because majority of Sunni scholars narrated that the Prophet(sa) was born on Thursday, 12th Rabi ul-Awwal while majority of shia scholars narrated that the Prophet(sa) was born on Friday, 17th Rabi ul-Awwal.

Unity week is meant to celebrate the birth of the most beloved of Allah & to emphasis the imperativeness of the unity of Muslims.
Every right thinking person knows that Muslims the world over need unity to face the many challenges facing the Muslim Ummah especially the occupation of Palestine by the murderous Israeli regime & the barbaric crimes & killings of Takfiri terrorism in Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Somalia & Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad Said He Was A Sinner, Why Do Many Muslims Contradict Him ? / The Difference Between Zakaah On Wealth And Zakaatul L-fitri (photo) / Acknowledging Mistakes And Making Amendments When Your Attention Is Called To it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.