Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) (28075 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by musicwriter(m): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
netizenbuzz:

It didn't start in the time of slavery o. It is used to differentiate what yoruba tribe you are from so that even in a far away Kingdom you'd be able to recognise your own. It is also as a result of diabolical things. My mum for example got hers after she fainted

The last thing I said is, it's unfortunately evolved into the Yoruba as a culture. I'm only interested in the cause not the consequences.

Meanwhile, let me know. What do you have to say about the tattoos on Wizkid & Tonto Dike's body?.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
It's culture, I have but faded with time and i don't think I'll give to my children

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Missy89(f): 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
Tita riro lan kola, to ba jina yio di oge smiley
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by kendrick9(m): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
this so disgusting and cruel.. just look at that little baby crying.. some cultures are just useless
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by phocuyelu: 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
If majority of the western world adopted tribal marks, we will gladly accept it and that would be the new swag....... Circumcision is cool in it
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Chizzy20(f): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
dis is wickedness.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by lokoloko84(m): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sermwell:

I must say you are a certified mad man!! Yes you are!!! Which parents have you seen drawing tatoo on their childs body??....you can as well support killing of twins and human sacrifice in the name of culture! Oni iranu jati jati
You are silly and part the wasted generation in your shit hole called Nigeria.
So you do not know the meaning of tattoo.The celebrities you all die yourselves over, don't they draw tattoo.The fact is that tribal marks are less common these days because of westernised idiots like you. Have you read about how it was originated?
These people are harmless and you should let them be. killing of twins and sacrifice is murder.
Equating both shows how unintelligent, uncultured and wasted your brain is...

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by toluleke(m): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
I remember asking a friend that had tribal marks if he should see the person who marred is face
He was like if he should ever know the person he would kill him/her..
Culture is important but western enlightment has taken over..tribal and tatoos has no differences..tribal marks were for identity in case of anything..war or change of location
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by bigiyaro(m): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
Black man n black belle, white men used fancy tattoos on the arm or back to identify their servants in the ancient days, bt black men will execute this cruelty on their fellow brothers calling it culture.

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Badosqi(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
lokoloko84:
Mind your business, Senseless bigots.
We must learn to appreciate others and not condemn them.I am sure you are immature in thinking and common sense.
What about those individuals with tattoo?Do you also pity them.These marks are cultural.
Only a bastard like you will rant about like a toothless bulldog.
When white men call you monkey,you all will shout racism as if the worst racism is not among yourselves.
Hypocrites.
Idiot..... oooh na u are talking of people with tatoo. Hope u realise that ppl with tatoo willingly ask and accept it on their body. Not the type ppl who reason like you forcely put on innocent little kids of months year old. Hope you tribal marked all your children too, since the cruelty is normal too you.
what the op is clearly saying is that tribal mark should not be force on children. Let the grow up to 18 years and decide whether they want it or not.

5 Likes

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by ochejagabriel: 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
Superleo:
The 2nd guy is still cute.
gay alert grin
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
ochejagabriel:
gay alert grin
So?
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
musicwriter:

The last thing I said is, it unfortunately evolved into the Yoruba as a culture. I'm only interested in the cause not the consequences.

Meanwhile, let me know. What do you have to say about the tattoos on Wizkid & Tonto Dike's body?.

My dear, wizkid and tonto are adults. They can think for themselves
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Smaneer: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
i think dis is old idear nowaday evrthing as change 90% ppl ar against this even in yoruba land
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by okeyokeyjah(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
Do white people practice dis kind of abattior called culture?
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Badosqi(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
lokoloko84:
You are silly and part the wasted generation in your shit hole called Nigeria.
So you do not know the meaning of tattoo.The celebrities you all die yourselves over, don't they draw tattoo.The fact is that tribal marks are less common these days because of westernised idiots like you. Have you read about how it was originated?
These people are harmless and you should let them be. killing of twins and sacrifice is murder.
Equating both shows how unintelligent, uncultured and wasted your brain is...
Why don't you stop arguing like a fool. Celebrities you said. Common these celebs draw tattoos on their body willingly with their full reasoning.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Mbediogu(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=DickDastardly post=29355566]Please this is brutal abuse unless done by consenting adults themselves on themselves. In as much as we need to retain our culture it need not be forced on innocent gullible children.

Do bearers of such deep notched marks fell ok in modern Nigeria? Are there no other ways by which one can identify with his tribe? Are such marks not not likely to intensify tribal sentiments in a country struggling to abolish tribalism? No insults intended. Just asking myself aloud.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Mbediogu(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=DickDastardly post=29355566]Please this is brutal abuse unless done by consenting adults themselves on themselves. In as much as we need to retain our culture it need not be forced on innocent gullible children.

Do bearers of such deep notched marks fell ok in modern Nigeria? Are there no other ways by which one can identify with his tribe if need be? Are such marks not not likely to intensify tribal sentiments in a country struggling to abolish tribalism? No insults intended. Just asking myself aloud.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by lokoloko84(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
Badosqi:
Idiot..... oooh na u are talking of people with tatoo. Hope u realise that ppl with tatoo willingly ask and accept it on their body. Not the type ppl who reason like you forcely put on innocent little kids of months year old. Hope you tribal marked all your children too, since the cruelty is normal too you.
what the op is clearly saying is that tribal mark should not be force on children. Let the grow up to 18 years and decide whether they want it or not.
The problem with most of you is that you don't read. There are several reasons for tribal marks incision. Go and check.And what is cruel about tribal marks?It seems most you just daggle words these days.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by JJKADRY(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
It's very very cruel especially, if the marksman doesn't have good handwriting grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by lokoloko84(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
Badosqi:
Why don't you stop arguing like a fool. Celebrities you said. Common these celebs draw tattoos on their body willingly with their full reasoning.
You are the real fool here. Is it also wicked for these persons to also draw tattoo as well.
why calling tribal marks wicked?Hypocrites.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by peemyke(f): 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
Iyammi
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by lokoloko84(m): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
netizenbuzz:

You sound stupid? #okbye
Go and play with your kids. Ignorant slowpoke.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by mcgaius: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
They look like people that fought with lion.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by chimera(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
Certainly culture, but should it continue? No. Whoever does it to a child is setting up the child for life long bullying and comic stares. Not to even talk of the pain the child has to go through.

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Badosqi(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
lokoloko84:
You are the real fool here. Is it also wicked for these persons to also draw tattoo as well.
why calling tribal marks wicked?Hypocrites.
olodo....... ppl drawing tattos on their bodies are adults and they willingly go for it. It seems it is very hard for u to understand me, adult are old enough to do tins themselves and they know the consequences but can you say dat of days/months old kids.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
We don't know what tribal mark is all about here in Yorubaland, in fact we don't do it
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by MightySparrow: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ko si fasion gan to ju tia lo
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by lokoloko84(m): 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
Badosqi:
olodo....... ppl drawing tattos on their bodies are adults and they willingly go for it. It seems it is very hard for u to understand me, adult are old enough to do tins themselves and they know the consequences but can you say dat of days/months old kids.
You are not smart.If your parents had given you tribal marks then would you have killed yourself. The essence of this thread is shameful and disgraceful.
It is just to mock and poke fun to these people and no enlightenment whatsoever.
When you see a man with a tribal mark,kill him.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Badosqi(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
lokoloko84:
The problem with most of you is that you don't read. There are several reasons for tribal marks incision. Go and check.And what is cruel about tribal marks?It seems most you just daggle words these days.
which reasons again other than for Beauty, Identification, and for some ritual purposes against sickness and spirit.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Coolguy89(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thank God my parent neva do me,and our family don't support it,I pity those in villages were no civilizations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Christmas Carols In Yoruba / Emir of Bauchi's Brother, Rilwanu Sulaiman Adamu, Found Dead (Photos) / Ancient African Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.