Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) (28167 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Badosqi(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
lokoloko84:
You are not smart.If your parents had given you tribal marks then would you have killed yourself. The essence of this thread is shameful and disgraceful.
It is just to mock and poke fun to these people and no enlightenment whatsoever.
When you see a man with a tribal mark,kill him.
seems you are reading my post with ur as.shole. Where in my posts did I mock ppl with tribal marks. The marks were drawn on their faces when they were little kids and they have know idea about it. My posts is against parents and guards who forcefully draw the mark on little children..
Hope you can digest that.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Funjosh(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
Brother Fulaman198 long time complement. smiley

Fulaman198:

Black and white lady? In any case I agree with you and disagree with these wannabe sellouts who don't value culture.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by lokoloko84(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Samwell247:

Bross when u give birth to your kids... Give this to them and see how they will curse you In future... And tatoo we will talk about it later... This I another topic okay... And tattoo is no where related to marks...
Of course,there are several reasons for tribal marks. It is less common these days because of modernity.
The essence of you creating this thread is related to your pseudo superior complex and fake life most you live in Nigeria.
How can you say that you hate individuals with tribal marks. I am sure,you would have killed your parents, if you were given those marks.
I know that you will go to your religious institution this weekend. Religious bigot..
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Vince77(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
It's barbaric
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by peeberry2(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Samwell247:

Culture u say.... How can they be so cruel to come up with such idea... See that kid above I can hear his screens and feel his agony.... Now how will that beautiful baby boy look when he becomes a man.... Finding a mate becomes a problem.... Critics by friends and colleague's.. I hate this tribal idea..... What's your views guys..
so true

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by blacko(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
U only talk about the disadvantages not the advantages. Tribal marks makes it easy to identify somebody from a specific lineage or family. Tribal marks is used in some places as a symbol of royalty (specific tribal mark patterns). and they are also used in identifying a native of a town like for instance during the mass killing of the Igbos some other non hausa-fulani tribes were killed if they had tribal marks they could have been saved. Also it helps in distinguishing civilians from immigrants, royals from commoners,noble or higher class from commoners(in a capitalist society). so I don't think it should abolished but should not be put on the face (if much e.g Oyo tribal marks) and there must also be a good reason for the use of tribal marks by the family.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Terry68: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
If not for civilisation (white's man culture) @op you wouldn't have added that word "cruelty".

Our culture is our origin. It makes us unique and different from other people. Buh since the existence of the western characteristics in africa, we've tend to kill our very own origin.

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by MayflowerB(f): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
herald9:
I find people with tribal marks scary and diabolical... Especially those Yoruba tribal marks...
Oh! Dat hurts

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by lokoloko84(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Badosqi:
seems you are reading my post with ur as.shole. Where in my posts did I mock ppl with tribal marks. The marks were drawn on their faces when they were little kids and they have know idea about it. My posts is against parents and guards who forcefully draw the mark on little children..
Hope you can digest that.
And what is wrong about drawing tribal marks. I do not understand. Are these marks harmful to you.This is a useless topic.

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Terry68: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Terry68:
If not for civilisation (white's man culture) @op you wouldn't have added that word "cruelty".

Our culture is our origin. It makes us unique and different from other people. Buh since the existence of the western characteristics in africa, we've tend to kill our very own origin.

My CULTURE
gods are now dust
Tradition nail on a cross
Names becomes waste
Nobody cares how culture taste

See villages becomes town
Money becomes crown
Development becomes a must
Tradition becomes a thing of the past

Don't be shy of your tribal marks
It puts you on your African track
The beauty tells of who you are
And also tells people outside of where u were.

Now the green is forgotten
Our forefathers and native names are all rotten
Where's our identity and our people?
See how time destroys d little we've gotten
I weep
For my culture is growing nothing...

By Terry68

2 Likes

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by harlos: 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is culture bt i'll like to term it CRUELTY IN CULTURE....
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Neobulletzz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
abeg na cruelty be this ooo,if to say ma mama and papa do this for me ehn,them go ansa query ooo,
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by MayflowerB(f): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
lamborghinifcb:
Bleep culture...I hate dat tribal mark wif passion...I fank God my parents dnt try zch wif me, I'd v disown dem seriously...I can't even date a lady wif tribal mark not 2 talk of getting married 2 ercoz I see it as if m gona spend my lyf wif a monster...oops.
bhet seriously I am created in God's image...y tamper wif d creativity of God. are u telling me God z not perfect
Had to check ur profile pix......well nobody also wants to marry an ugly man

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by juman(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
bigiyaro:
Black man n black belle, white men used fancy tattoos on the arm or back to identify their servants in the ancient days, bt black men will execute this cruelty on their fellow brothers calling it culture.

Those your so called tattoos things have been in yoruba land for more than a century.

2 Likes

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by abbey621(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
A lot of you kids are just plain silly! To call someone's culture cruel is stupidity of the highest order. If you don't agree with it or don't understand why it is done, just say so, do not call it wicked or inhumane for every culture has a origin and purpose. In Africa, do you know the meaning of parents? Do you know the importance of showing one's lineage or heritage? No you do not! Rather than you to do research and see why it is still being done today, you rush quickly to judgment and will forever be ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by gatiano(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
blue, green eye is very ugly, you have jsu be blinded into looking directly at people's eye. Just imagine a blue green eye without a makeup, ha! horror. The case of tribal marks dates back to slavery period. It devalues the cost of slaves, it was considered as spoilt goods, besides, the main reason for slaves to accept what they were made for (work) was to make them forget who they are. so once a black man was brough in into the ship or plantations, the question from the slaves' children would be where is he/she from?

The problems afterwards was, when a person tells them about it, they would say "it was our forefather culture" culture ko, culture ni, forefather were smart. the older then new freedom was better than beauty, but as a young person, you know what bauty means to you/me/us.
Sandd:
backward ugly faces !! beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
lokoloko84:
Of course,there are several reasons for tribal marks. It is less common these days because of modernity.
The essence of you creating this thread is related to your pseudo superior complex and fake life most you live in Nigeria.
How can you say that you hate individuals with tribal marks. I am sure,you would have killed your parents, if you were given those marks.
I know that you will go to your religious institution this weekend. Religious bigot..

Big brother, tradition we call it but it doesn't make a sense for u to brutally give marks to an innocent child... I never mocked anyone with tribal marks in any of my posts so read it all again... I'm only trying to say its wrong and it must stop... As an adult, can u put down your face and allow someone give u such marks... Think of these kids that way... And tattoos on the other hand is never forced on someone... U willingly accept it.... See the difference... But truth be told.... Its bad....
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
Terry68:

My CULTURE
gods are now dust
Tradition nail on a cross
Names becomes waste
Nobody cares how culture taste

See villages becomes town
Money becomes crown
Development becomes a must
Tradition becomes a thing of the past

Don't be shy of your tribal marks
It puts you on your African track
The beauty tells of who you are
And also tells people outside of where u were.

Now the green is forgotten
Our forefathers and native names are all rotten
Where's our identity and our people?
See how time destroys d little we've gotten
I weep
For my culture is growing nothing...

By Terry68

I give u a million likes....

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
-
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
lokoloko84:
And what is wrong about drawing tribal marks. I do not understand. Are these marks harmful to you.This is a useless topic.

Its not... But imagine how this woman would look without tribal marks... Imagine how the baby will look without tribal marks... Imagine critics but friends and the society.... Ever being ashamed of yourself for what u didn't do... Then this defines it... A n d. I t m u s t s t o p....

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
In this 21st century.

Anybody that attempts to give my kids tribal mark will end up in either LUTH (intensive care) or Igbobi hospital.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by gatiano(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
How bad have you bleached yourself? looool, i took a perfect look at blue and green eye, i saw weakness and evil. For the blacks with that recessive light eye genes, well what is there to say? black has it all. The best of the best skin. it is perfect with the sun, it align with the sun so perfectly, also with the snow. i worked with a white dude times ago in an european summer, he could not sleep for 2 days after sunburn. in my mind i said GOD took time set down your punishment in advance, from the tip of my mouth i said easy easy, don't try africa ooo, he frowned, i smiled. with this current sunflares everyday and drought, we will see whose eyes and body will burn.
Sandd:
Caucasian,Negro or Asian, Lighter skin is more appealing than dark skin. I am a perfectionist, not a fan of dirty people ,please.
alot of black people especially in Africa ,do not take care of themselves, that's why they look dark and dirty.
high dosages of Vitamin c and Vitamin A can transform even a dark Sudanese to Will smith color within 2 years. black people need to take care of their dirty selves by washing and scrubing their bodies with sponge,drinking lots of water and stay out of the sun from 10am to 4pm.no excuses please!
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by gbodimowo(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
Cruelty
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by gatiano(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
but you didn't click a like, not a single click.
Samwell247:

I give u a million likes....
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by nuges1(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
They say Culture is a way of life but I say Culture is what you want it to be...people,especially in my culture "Yoruba" believe in morals and see it as a necessary tool in attaining greatness.

To me the tribal mark is just plain wickedness something someone just came up with and people followed suit,it is repugnant and as a Christian apart being of the Yoruba extraction see this as telling God "you didn't create me well". I see tribal marks worst than tattoos although I do not subscribe to neither of them.

2 Likes

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
Samwell247:

Culture u say.... How can they be so cruel to come up with such idea... See that kid above I can hear his screens and feel his agony.... Now how will that beautiful baby boy look when he becomes a man.... Finding a mate becomes a problem.... Critics by friends and colleague's.. I hate this tribal idea..... What's your views guys..

Strictly in regards to "finding a mate will be a problem", I'll let you know that I specifically included l tribal marks in my list of must haves when searching for my next wife.

I consider the Ibadan "one one" as a traditional beauty mark on a Lady, sort of an icing on the cake.

To all my tribal marked ladies please consider yourselves beautiful and have a happy 2015.

Ps: my wife and I will celebrate our 2 years wedding anniversary here in the US in a week, tribal mark and all grin

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
blacko:
U only talk about the disadvantages not the advantages. Tribal marks makes it easy to identify somebody from a specific lineage or family. Tribal marks is used in some places as a symbol of royalty (specific tribal mark patterns). and they are also used in identifying a native of a town like for instance during the mass killing of the Igbos some other non hausa-fulani tribes were killed if they had tribal marks they could have been saved. Also it helps in distinguishing civilians from immigrants, royals from commoners,noble or higher class from commoners(in a capitalist society). so I don't think it should abolished but should not be put on the face (if much e.g Oyo tribal marks) and there must also be a good reason for the use of tribal marks by the family.

"Ti aba sonu ki arirawa ni Yoruba fi nkola" Alhadji Chief Dauda Akanmu Epo Akara.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
I am just speechless . . . .
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sandd:
Caucasian,Negro or Asian, Lighter skin is more appealing than dark skin. I am a perfectionist, not a fan of dirty people ,please.
alot of black people especially in Africa ,do not take care of themselves, that's why they look dark and dirty.
high dosages of Vitamin c and Vitamin A can transform even a dark Sudanese to Will smith color within 2 years. black people need to take care of their dirty selves by washing and scrubing their bodies with sponge,drinking lots of water and stay out of the sun from 10am to 4pm.no excuses please!

Shut up.... Don't ever call the blacks dirty... See good luck Jonathan... As black as he is.. He still look handsome... Tell me is it that he didn't take care of himself.. Or u are advising us all to bleach our skin....
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
Sandd:

Get your facts straight, i have nothing against any race or color, however, Africans are cleaner than most that you have mentioned, you will hardly see a Nigerian that will go into washroom with cup of tea and leave it in the urinals while doing his/her thing or be done without washing hands...... while you will agree with me that it is the order of the day with MOST you have mentioned.
Also, color of the skin is not about being dirty . . . . be educated about it.
Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by LAX89(m): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Samwell247:
Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need
Tribal Marks?

I feel sorry for most Nigerians expecially the Yorubas when i see their face battered with tribal marks all in the name of culture...

What's your view's about this.... I cant say no to this alone... I need your views...

Let's Have Your Say!

It's IGNORANCE!

1 Like

Re: Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
I hate huge tribal mark.

Mine is so light that you barely recognise.......aint i lucky? gringrin kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Slang / How Can Blood Oath Be Broken? / Ancient African Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.