Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,941 members, 7,799,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. (13608 Views)

Top 3 Things U Should Tell No One / Have U Ever Felt U Should Commit Suicide? State Your Reasons / Nairaland Blacklist: People U Should Avoid No Matter Wat They Promise U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. by macklef(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
I love whatsapp alot, over any social app on planet earth. Its simplicity just is what i need to have a free flowing chat with whoever i so desire. Tho of recent some people be making me hate whatsapp with the way they use it and i thought i should just share some etiquette which i believe alot of u out there should no and try abide to.

1. KNOW WHEN TO END THAT CONVERSATION

i. when you get mono sylabbic responses : this is common among the ladies some Guy's will say,
I have even saw a thread on here were guys tag such girls as boring. Really, 80% of this girls are not boring.
They are indeed boring if actually they are your close friends, but Even as close as u guys are, u can never hold a chat for more than 5minutes. Then i can agree shes boring. But if shes a random chick, guy, she dosnt like you that why she is not responding to your P treatment. I can assure you. smiley

At this time, learn the first rule of whatsapping if ur not an agbero/stalker. Jejely end the conversation too and never say hi. If d person never says hi too after any while. Be convinced bro. That chat wasnt meant to be, MOVE ON!!!!!! ( This applies to females too trying to get to chat with a guy they like, if we arent forthcoming, MOVE ON!!)

ii. when you get replys after hours or days
If anyone is fond of doing this to u, even after u notice the person comes online, dont pester the person more pls, its a sign. The person sees u as unimportant. Dont degrade urself further by looking cheap whether u a boy or girl, just never reply the person after his/her long reply to your chats. (This may actually not hold, if the persons delayed reply corresponds with the time he/she has not/has been online.

iii. when u get replys and the person immediately goes offline
Whatsapp is not skype brothers n sisters where u can see what anyone is doing while ''video chating''
Ur friend who told u his a banker, may actually be a bank cleaner and yes it may be time to go wash the toilet
And here u are sending chat messages at that time. If the person values ur chat, he/she would reply u as soon as he/she gets the slightest break to do so.
So wen u see someone replying u and immediately going off, try find out tactfully, if the person is busy. Or beter still end the chat at that time or tell them uld chat with them later that something came up.
Dont go pestering someone thats busy wen all indications show he/she is, if he/she dosnt value ur chat deld most likely reply weever they are free even if its 2weeks from that time.

2. RESPECT YOUR CONTACT'S PRIVACY
Some of us value our privacy hun, and whatsapp infringes on that somehow by allowing anyone who has ur number automatically be able to view ur profile pics n status.
Dont go all out fabbing ur contacts pictures without their permission (especially their personal pictures) even if u believe u guys are close.
I did this once to one of my contacts just to pull her legs or something and damn, she took it very personal.
I was intrigued why she should take it persoanal until i was in dat situation myself wen someone uploaded my personal pics and i was like. WTF!!!
So please, even if those pictures auto save in ur file manager or u use a screenshot app, endeavour to take permission before uploading them.

3. STOP SENDING USELESS AND UNBEFFITING BROADCASTS
Some send broadcasts for fun, some send it for business, some send it because others send it to them.
Whichever is ur own reason for sending a BC, do well to ask urself, is this BC of need to who i am sending it to?

I personally hate it wen some people send BCs too me that are not just conected to me at all, i actually do end up blocking this ones cause i see them as spammers.
''Jesus loves u, send this to 100 people if u dont want to goto hell fire by 12pm today''
''Due to blah blah blah,....... Send this to 10 people and your whatsapp will automatically change''
Please, i dont need them, some people on ur contacts dont do too, u make urself a nuisance wen u send messages people dont need.

4. BE CURRENT/UPDATED
This is actually why i prefare BBM to whatsapp, only because of this feature. Whatsapp should bring up a feature where u can readily see people's updates anytime they do so.
Status updates entirely is to notify ur contacts of what you are upto. A display pics is also an accomplice to this update if need be by the contact.
Because we do not get notifications on whatsapp of our contacts status does not mean we shouldn't be civil about it.
Please, do well to view their pics whenever they get a new pics on display, also click on their profile to see what status they have on there.
'' i am busy'' , ''do not disturb'' ' am at work/school'' , ''battery low''. Please pay attention to all of this before
Thinking of getting them into any discusiion.
And to all of u who leave status for too long without changing them, it is bad manners. No one would cast a stone on u if u change ur status/display every one second, its ur account do whatever u like.

5. USE SMILEYS/EMOTICONS EFFECTIVELY
I cant help but laugh at this. The usefullnes of emoticons can not be overly emphasize. Chating typing, is not same as chating-talking. Some times u chat with people jokingly, but they misunderstand it and take offence
Why is this? Because u fail to recognise that this person could not read d tone of ur voice, expression of ur face or any other guesture to show u were really joking. This is where smileys play a big roll.
'' Amaka you know ur the biggest fool i have as a friend''
''Amaka you know ur the biggest fool i have as a friend grin''
''Amaka you know ur the biggest fool i have as a friend angry''
All this 3 expressions can be interpreted diffrently u know, better the person in question is ur friend, he/she may be patient enough to know wherr ur heading. But to a random person, u just have to use that smileys/emoticons effectively, because they might even block u before u go further.

6. BE CONSIDERATE
With the high rate of internet data purchase in this country, so many people are economical with the way they wanna utilize their data, some however are less knowledgeable of how to restrict some certain things so as to conserve data.
Now, there u are sending pictures and videos without asking fot the persons permission. His/her settings might be on Auto media download, and the little 10mb MTN managed to dash the person, u have judiciously wasted it by sending pics unanounced.
I was mad d day someone send me ordinary jpeg image and it was as heavy as 6mb. I was on auto media download and i had meager MB. I wan cry mehn.
Wen u send me pics unanouced when am even on manual download. I just select al the pics and delete them.
Because, i did not ask u for them.

Well well well, this are the TOp 6 etiquette i believe every civil peron going into 2015 and who is worthy of using a smartphone and dont wanna constitute him/her self a nuisance should look into.

Abeg if i ommited any uve noticed urself, pls do add so i myself can get updated grin

Source: me me me!!!!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
The 'kk crew' tho angry
Re: Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. by macklef(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
zleemshaddy:
The 'kk crew' tho angry
Yeah, its on NO 1 can be categorized in the mono syllabic responses.
Actually, kk people arent rude, lol, they are polite in some way.
Some wanna tell u, ''Bleep off'' but instead dey use Kk'' u should be more greatful to them,
Cos am sure ''ffuuck off'' would have pissed u more. cheesy grin

So, i politely tell them, not to kk me if i sense its outa ignorance, or i just dont reply them anymore
Re: Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
Interesting...
Re: Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
This cool... I enjoyed reading it.
Re: Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. by macklef(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
Unabefool:
This cool... I enjoyed reading it.
Glad u did wink
Re: Whatsapp Etiquette: TOP 6 Whatsapp Doos N Donts U Should Take Serious In 2015. by macklef(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
Mrcdorv:
Interesting...
Thumbs up!!

(1) (Reply)

What was/were your most memorable moment(s) of 2019? / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In 2022?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.