Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,433 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy (13598 Views)

Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Jonathan Decries Pull-him-down Syndrome / El-dee Decries the Manipulative Use of his Name By GEJ Campaign Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by tochukwuifeduba: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
Jonathan decries use of social media to cause anarchy

President Goodluck Jonathan has decried the use of the social media worldwide to create social discontent and anarchy in the society.
Jonathan said this when he met with a delegation of traditional rulers and leaders from Bayelsa, on Tuesday, in Abuja.
He said that the social media initially meant for good had become a tool to disseminate evil.

Cue in audio

‘‘ These days, there are all kinds of stories. It is all over the world, leaders are being lambasted, especially with the social media now.
’’People use what knowledge had created for negative reasons.
‘‘Just as I was told that the person who invented dynamite, later regretted that invention because he thought he was coming up with something to solve human problem.

“ But when he got to know about the level of destruction, human lives that are being blown up because of explosion, the man regretted that invention.
“What is supposed to be used for the common good was turned to negative purposes.

“I always say that I will not even expect praises now because hardly do people praise serving leaders. It is when you leave, people will begin to know.
“When you leave, they will begin to compare what you have done over the period vis-a-vis what others have done.

“Then they will compare you with whoever takes over.’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/jonathan-decries-use-social-media-cause-anarchy/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by loomer: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
why e be say na when leader no de again dem de always say him good?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
Another APC lie.

Where in the original article did he state he is about to clamp down on social media?

Haba!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by onatisi(m): 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
WombRaiders:
Another APC lie.

Where in the original article did he state he is about to clamp down on social media?

Haba!

thank God ,I thought I was the only one that noticed that there is no where in the article where he advocated any social media ban.but trust me some ppl will start posting without reading the article .

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by tochukwuifeduba: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
onatisi:
thank God ,I thought I was the only one that noticed that there is no where in the article where he advocated any social media ban.but trust me some ppl will start posting without reading the article .

"President Goodluck Jonathan has decried the use of the social media worldwide to create social discontent and anarchy in the society"

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by LRNZH(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
It won't surprise me if this happens.

Was it not GEJ that hired an Isreali firm to monitor Nigeria's internet traffic for a ridiculous amount of money?

Afterall DSS abi na SSS are harassing APC progressives while Asari and Edwin Clarke are rambling all they want.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by BRAV0O(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Uncle jo jo grin how far no new year gift ? Pls hurry up , upset the masses so we can all vex and go on strike! grin patiently waiting...

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by davitogreat(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

"President Goodluck Jonathan has decried the use of the social media worldwide to create social discontent and anarchy in the society"

so because of this comment he is turning fascist

Please grow up!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by onatisi(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

so this means clamp down ,abi?okay, Let other posters judge if u are right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Ngwakwe: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:
Jonathan decries use of social media to cause anarchy

See his reply to your question

Goodluck Jonathan said "I did say during my declaration on November 11, 2014, that we are proud that no Nigerian has been exiled or imprisoned on our watch, for holding contrary views. We must ensure that we continue to water the tree bearing the fruits of freedom, for our beloved people.

Stop running when no man is pursuing you

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by bamosagie(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

Really, so this means he is about to clamp down on social media, to my understanding he is simply advocating for a more responsible use of social media.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by tochukwuifeduba: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
davitogreat:

so because of this comment he is turning fascist

Please grow up!

pls whats the definition of Fascism?
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by LRNZH(m): 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ngwakwe:

See his reply to your question

Goodluck Jonathan said "I did say during my declaration on November 11, 2014, that we are proud that no Nigerian has been exiled or imprisoned on our watch, for holding contrary views. We must ensure that we continue to water the tree bearing the fruits of freedom, for our beloved people.

All the over 3,000 dead and even more displaced persons from GEJ's mishandling of the Boko Haram issue nko? His Gov't is responsible.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by onatisi(m): 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
LRNZH:
It won't surprise me if this happens.
Was it not GEJ that hired an Isreali firm to monitor Nigeria's internet traffic for a ridiculous amount of money?
Afterall DSS abi na SSS are harassing APC progressives while Asari and Edwin Clarke are rambling all they want.
BRAV0O:
Uncle jo jo grin how far no new year gift ? Pls hurry up , upset the masses so we can all vex and go on strike! grin patiently waiting...
always think and use ur brains before posting. Where in the whole report did u see gej advocating a clampdown on social media?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by EdCure: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
He couldn't stomach the fierce criticism anymore. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by BRAV0O(m): 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
onatisi:
always think and use ur brains before posting. Where in the whole report did u see gej advocating a clampdown on social media?
one of the reasons why I don't like visiting this site this days , can't you post your senseless comment without using abusing words for someone you don't even know ?

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by davitogreat(m): 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

pls whats the definition of Fascism?

Has Jonathan ever pushed for aggressive nationalism?

Has Jonathan ever suppressed criticism of his administration?

Has Jonathan ever locked up and killed opposition leaders?

Has Jonathan ever attempted to strictly control all industry and commerce in Nigeria?

When Jonathan begins to do all these things then the title of fascist will be his.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Aitee1: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
He should deal with it...we are in the digital era!

He should be ready to welcome both the positive and the negative effect...

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Vikkie14: 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
That's right. It's really a Cancer in the marrow. Even here on NL, come see World War 3 in action, the only difference from the other WWs is that this is between PDP and APC.
If you see the kind of weapons(hauling abusive words, names calling, tribal derogatory utterrances) in these parties supporters armoury, you will fear God. Just one word against their party, and you will see the SMG,AK47,M16,SAM,AAM firing at you in a matter of seconds.grin
So back to the issue, Social media has been hijacked and the "positive" means of its existence, has been truncated.

Social media is now a deadly weapon surpassing the destruction a 1 megaton Nuclear bomb could achieve.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by yuio33: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
cool

[size=28pt]Stop written nonsense in your newspapers... there are two countries.. Go and ask Goodluck jonathan. He is old enough.. You people just want to sell newspaper.

Your newspaper get problem mr friend.. you have had not too educated people get power.. So they lack knowledge..

[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1961140_1956210195620319457661577006mapnigeria89pngd88e91157e0443d88dbc95fa9ca466f21jpegfbb1202ca2fa78d2441a998e1a8292b2jpeg656096c44c0d522c3717cd0ec252ada9jpeg805a19aaff3b8e8561cadbea4a540dc8_jpeg1403863ba251f52d38e7379f2c74236f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1980161_1577006mapnigeria89pngd88e91157e0443d88dbc95fa9ca466f2_png0926a92bb2c96216c696094035bb5c64

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1716169_460096segun12jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d_jpegf7c5dbae160d29d06d1022a3570cc47f

[b][size=18pt]His Royal Highness

Oduduwa Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law).

I am already the emperor of the country of western Nigeria.

You can see that professor osibanjo is an illiterate professor.

When countries goes into trade treaty. I mean western Nigeria and Nigeria. There will be two leaders. Jonathan good luck and emperor oduduwa ade ade ade ademusiwa.

It is a trade treaty, international law does not want anybody in western Nigeria to pay taxes to Nigeria. So call your family and tell them. Not to pay taxes to nigeria. Osibanjo and his father in law because they want to make money in Nigeria want you to pay taxes. Ako tileta ni osibanjo.

There is two leaders. And I am now the emperor of western nigeria

Why am I the emperor. Because of oduduwa .

Awolowo was not well educated, I will assume

Why am I the emperor. Because of oduduwa.

Awolowo was not well educated, I will assume.

Most countries have royal family. So my family been the royal family which I believe awolowo was jealous over. Awolowo was been just been stupid.

Lack of knowledge.

If you look at the security situation in Nigeria.

I have lived in the north. And I have seen the satellite picture. The north will never agree. So the need to go back to the correct procedure.

You see, don't think that I don't need money. I need money like everyone. But considering the security implication. I have to make a sacrifice for the military, police etc from western Nigeria and Nigeria to make a Royal demand since western Nigeria is not part of Nigeria to save the country from civil war.

You can go to Congo and Somali. And you see what war did.

By Jonathan respecting international law. I have save you people from civil war. Because the north will not agree with the satellite picture.

Ibb cancel the June 12 election.

So basically the country of western Nigeria is like Britain. With me Emperor oduduwa ade ade ade ademusiwa as emperor. Because it is considered an occupy country.

So professor osibanjo like his father in law need to go to school.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1961140_1956210195620319457661577006mapnigeria89pngd88e91157e0443d88dbc95fa9ca466f21jpegfbb1202ca2fa78d2441a998e1a8292b2jpeg656096c44c0d522c3717cd0ec252ada9jpeg805a19aaff3b8e8561cadbea4a540dc8_jpeg1403863ba251f52d38e7379f2c74236f

[/size][/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

Many countries have it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1716169_460096segun12jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d_jpegf7c5dbae160d29d06d1022a3570cc47f

[size=18pt]His Royal Highness

Oduduwa Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law).[/size]

The king of Spain

[img]http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2014/06/19/king-spain-sworn.jpg?itok=rXAI6-SQ[/img]

King of holland

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden

Queen of England

Emperor Akihito of Japan

King of the Belgians

King of Bahrain

King of Bhutan

Queen of Denmark

This picture of the kenya children should tell everybody what is in the mind of every child of the independent country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria
[img]http://eh.lenin.ru/flags/4af/ethnic/yor-fe.gif[/img]

If you return all officers from Western Nigeria back to Western nigeria and move officers from Nigeria out of Western nigeria. The army officers inside Nigeria will not know, dont know that you have change the badges to read Western nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by henryobinna(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
yes. NL champions it
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by rayopt(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
[s]“I always say that I will not even expect praises now because hardly do people praise serving leaders. It is when you leave, people will begin to know. . . ."[/s]
oga jona remains uncontrollably clueless....... wat a pity!!!!!!!!! he still dey beg im clueless supporters to contunu in their cluelessness

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by darlenese(f): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
sad
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by iluvweed(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Gej is GAY!
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Adiwana: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
WombRaiders:
Another APC lie.

Haba!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gbam! The threat by Buhari's followers on the social media to harm sheikh Gumi and his family comes to mind.

They have also used it as a medium to disseminate lies and fabrications.

Under Buhari (God forbid!) There shall be a total ban on the use of internet and social media. He did it before. He can do it again.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Elcapo(m): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
Meanwhile
What is Hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is when a south-south guy criticizes Rotimi Ameachi for joining APC but praise Bafarawa & Shekarau for joining PDP! Hypocrisy is when PDP goes to court to stop PDP legislators from defecting to APC but celebrate when APC legislators decamp to PDP. Hypocrisy is when the senate president refused to read Saraki & co’s defection letter to APC but was quick to read Chukwumerije's defection letter to PDP! Hypocrisy is when PDP celebrate the defection of Gov. Theodore Orji & Ohakim to PDP and goes to court to stop kwankwaso & co from defecting to APC! Hypocrisy is when Oghiadomhe is sacked, to go & pursue his governorship ambition but Nyisom Wike is left to double as minister of education & military administrator of River state! Hypocrisy is when Bashir Argungu writes against GEJ and is called tribalistic and Edwin clerk's utterances are termed freedom of speech. Hypocrisy is when Stella Oduah is sacked for corruption charges that amount to N255million and Diezani Allison Madueke is left as minister with corruption charges amounting to $20billion! Hypocrisy is when PDP say 16 is > than19 & 5 is > than 26! For how long will this continue? Hypocrisy is when you vote Jonathan and claim that you are not voting PDP. Hypocrisy is when Doyin Okupe equates Jonathan with Jesus Christ and Christian members of PDP justify it. Hypocrisy is when you claim to hate corruption and still slam Buhari for prosecuting and Jailing corrupt Officials. Hypocrisy is when you criticize GMB for saying Abacha was not corrupt but hail Jonathan for withdrawing corruption charges against Muhammed Abacha. Hypocrisy is when you expect every Ijaw man to vote Jonathan but accuse the Hausa/Fulani man of promoting northern Agenda by campaigning for fellow Hausa-Fulani man. Hypocrisy is when you shout Hallelujah when Jonathan goes to kneel before a Pastor asking for Christian endorsement, but shout ISLAMIC Agenda when a Muslim politician asks fellow Muslims to vote him. Hypocrisy is when you accuse Buhari of being too old to be President, but hailed Jonathan for appointing 86years Old Tukur as an Ambassador-at-Large and praised him for appointing Chief Tony Aninih as NPA Chairman. Hypocrisy is When PDP celebrate the defection of Ondo State speaker for his defection from LP to PDP and ask Tambuwal to Vacate his seat because of his Defection from PDP to APC". What more can I say? Hypocrisy and PDP are like Siamese twins. Say no to hypocrisy!!Votewisely come February2015

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Vikkie14: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
No be today dem start.
Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
But we praised Yar'adua.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
We took to the street for subsidy protest, U sent policemen to kill us.

We vacated our offices with the aim of organising a strike against Ur government, U threaten Us with DSS & sack letter.

Our last voice is the social media. We are using the social media to correct ourselves against making the mistake of allowing U to retain power in 2015 & U are giving this meaningless speech. Haa Jona. God dey oooooo.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by Dannyset(m): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
Great news! It means our message are getting to them, and at d same time hitting them hard.
WE WANT CHANGE SIR.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Decries The Use Of Social Media To Cause Anarchy by tyconcepts(f): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
Social media been causing crisis since 1500BC tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grazing Bill Passes First Reading In The Senate - Vanguard / Lauretta Onochie Blasts Deji Adeyanju: You Are A Product Of Pomp & Pageantry / 2019: 10 Parties Adopt Olawepo-hashim As Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.