Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? (6799 Views)

Girls Working In Strip Club Make Good Money – Lagos Big Boy / Lagos Big Girl Caught Excreting In Her Room / Is This A Boy Or A Girl Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by skima(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2005
I asked two girls this question and i was surprised at their answers. Well am very sure you guys are different people and I expect different answer.

As for me i don't celebrate a mediocrity, you can't be a fraudster and say you are a big-boy and ill accept that. Na lie !

What's your opinion?
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by vexxy(f): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2005
I'm not sure if I completely know what you're asking so I'll answer to my understanding.

I find that a big boy (considered being an adult) is one who takes care of responsibility, has goals, is always working to better himself, looks out for others, is respectable, has his priorities straight, and is always willing to move forward, never backwards. cheesy
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by skima(m): 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2005
Age not considered.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by vexxy(f): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2005
The reason I didn't include age is because there are plenty of "grown men" who do none of these things while there are plenty of "younger men" who do this and more cheesy
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by skima(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2005
Yeah age is just a number. U can be as old as the heavens and still without achievement and be young with achievements.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by skima(m): 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2005
Your thinking ability determines your age. "You are as young as your faith and as old as your fear."
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by vexxy(f): 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2005
agreed!

Age is supposed to show maturity but unfortunately it's not always the case.  I hear a lot of young girls and guys saying how "gown" they are because they're 18.  I find that according to law you are legally and adult at 18 but only legally, not mentally.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by skima(m): 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2005
I find that according to law you are legally and adult at 18 but only legally, not mentally.

Yeah you got it.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by hotangel2(f): 4:22am On Oct 01, 2005
Okay y'all didnt define this right.

There are THREE KINDS OF BIG BOYS!

Big for nothing boys: Just big in age but brainless boys.

Big for something, but really nothing boys: These ones, are big because they are the area boys, Them ghetto freaks, smoking addict best friends to weed. They consider themselves Big because they do crack and steal, and rob and do everything BAD!

Big for something good boys:
these ones are big because they achived what they want to achieve.. through the right way. They earned it.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by skima(m): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2005
Big for something, but really nothing boys: These ones, are big because they are the area boys, Them ghetto freaks, smoking addict best friends to weed. They consider themselves Big because they do crack and steal, and rob and do everything BAD!

This ones are mediocres and mediocres celebrate them. shocked
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by hotangel2(f): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by whiteshark(m): 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2005
Please be more explicit..

Do you mean age or achievements

If you talk about age, as we all know age is nothing but figures

Achievements make you feel big. If you have what it takes to stand out in any crowd, then u r big. If u have the cash and you do good with it, u r big. If u dress well and comport yourself in a manner that other people will admire, u r a big.... There are so many atributes of a big guy/babe, we just have to observe them from different points and angles... U dig
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by skima(m): 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2005
You r right. Age Not inclusive.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by dudu: 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2005
maturity, age is not by maturity,,,....i.e to say age is not marturity but wat u have acheive in life show how big u are.

1 Like

Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by dovey(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2005
What makes u a big boy and a big girl is the ability to be able to tackle any situation u find urself and most importantly to be able to show people that u are a leader.

Having the latest Jeep is not a big boy or girl. watch out

1 Like

Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by casper(m): 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2005
BRAIN AND MONEY grin
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by kazey(m): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2005
But wait a minute, lets be honest, is that what the world especially Nigerians refer as big boys or big girls?

From what i know, the moment you are able to flaunt your heavy wallet, they would automatically give you the "tag". Its more of the monetary well being rather than the social, moral part of someone. That is the way I see many people use it back in Nigeria. Just being honest, and I am sure many of the posters here belong to the group of people that use the tag to those mentioned in the later.

Its just the mentality. Just like the class system. Have you heared a lady said, "He is not my type", really if you find out, it has nothing to do with the social or moral part, its just the "level" as they call it. The same applies in this situation. In Nigeria, I repeat again, you are called a big boy or a big girl if you are well to do, as in rich, especially when you use sophisticated stuff. Ride a ferrari at 20, and hear what they would call you wink.
That is just what I realised. Or na lie?
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by legovo(m): 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2005
well to me it depends not on the age, but the peronality. my brother is 4 yrs younger than me but he talks with more maturity!
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by Scorpio(f): 1:18am On Oct 04, 2005
Hmm, have to say it's maturity and the way he owns up to his responsibility. Admitting that he dosen't know all things and that he'll work towards learning. dat sort of thing.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by c0dec(m): 4:51am On Oct 04, 2005
all the big girls i know have big sexy butts. cool
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by Scorpio(f): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2005
Kolo, dat's d only thing u'll see b4 cheesy tongue
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by layi(m): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2005
What makes a big boy also makes a big girl.

Brains.

Its not what you have but who you are. Show me a guy with stuffs upstairs and i'll show you one who would succeed (and become big) anywhere in the world (only a matter of time).

Fraudsters are not big. I believe it takes the same brain energy to make a good or bad million. I dare them to make it clean then we'll know who truly is a big boy. When a fraudster goes down thats the end. If a big boy goes down , he'll bounce back. He's like a ball dipped in water, he's got something on the inside that thrusts him upwards. He's got knowledge and intelligence (brains).

As far as i'm concerned big boys and girls are the ones who have got no limits.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by Saintjoe(m): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2005
What makes a big boy or girl.

Is your brain

Ur responsiblities

Ur charatcer, behaviour attitude

and appearnace.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by hipcaramel(f): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2005
there's one person (amongst many) i admire as being a big boy and that's Pat Utomi smiley. now if u want to know what it takes to be a big boy/girl or what makes a big boy/girl, look at this man. he seems like a responsible, God fearing man that really wants to make a difference in his community and he's doing just that. now he's just 1 of the many real big boys in Nigeria. the fake wannabe big boys are those doing all the illegal stuff and pushing themselves into our faces on the covers of magazines and on tv. they throw the most lavish and wasteful parties and go from 1 scandal to another just to draw attention to themselves. the real big boys dont make noise; they dont go around looking for publicity to be noticed, publicity comes to them cos, no matter how hard u try, u just cant ignore a good thing.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by wizzie: 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2005
What makes a big boy is a dark secret that keeps him going smoothly with his numerous girls, of course brain and money(kudi, ego, owo, cash) with lots of lies. grin
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by Latoya(f): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2005
Haha wizzie.What makes a big boy is ur personality,achievements and thoughts
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by dollarboy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2005
I was chatting with group of friends on the topic "what makes guy big or what you can call a big boy or a big girl"  is it money, ways of life or what ? I look forward to hearing your opinion.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by niceguy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2005
Big boy/big girl is all about achievement. As we can see that people value those that has money.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by damygurl(f): 1:31am On Oct 18, 2005
u r a big boi or gurl when u r ready to face d consequences of ur actions head on instead of running off!
u r a big boi or gurl when people can depend on u!
u r a big boi or gurl when there is a problem u try as much as possible to make d best choice!
u r a big boi or gurl when u face ur responsiblilities!
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by whocares: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2005
I think y'all are just saying what you want the tag to mean, as opposed to what we all know it means.

Kazey is right on the money with the definition

From what i know, the moment you are able to flaunt your heavy wallet, they would automatically give you the "tag". Its more of the monetary well being rather than the social, moral part of someone. That is the way I see many people use it back in Nigeria. Just being honest, and I am sure many of the posters here belong to the group of people that use the tag to those mentioned in the later.

Its just the mentality. Just like the class system. Have you heared a lady said, "He is not my type", really if you find out, it has nothing to do with the social or moral part, its just the "level" as they call it. The same applies in this situation. In Nigeria, I repeat again, you are called a big boy or a big girl if you are well to do, as in rich, especially when you use sophisticated stuff. Ride a ferrari at 20, and hear what they would call you .
That is just what I realised. Or na lie?

I doubt very much that CITY PEOPLE addresses people as big boyz and big girls for their moral stance or maturity...but thats just me
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by Saintjoe(m): 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2005
Many still don't understand what big boy & gilr is all 'bout.
Re: What makes a "big boy" or "big girl"? by dejiolowe: 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2006
big boy and big girl dont mean anything coz there aint any universal meaning. ppl just use it anyhow. am a big boy yippie!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalist.com. Free Advert Site For Nigerians / Who Is Less Busy To Do This? To Be Deleted Soon / Rccg:pastor Adeboye Bans Mini-skirt, Trousers, Gold Trinket In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.