Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. (3812 Views)

3-day Renewable Energy Workshop In Abuja / HEAVY RAIN DOWNPOUR IN LAGOS: What Is The Situation Of Things In Your Area? / How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by baba11(m): 7:38am On Jan 05, 2015
sleekman:

I'm not particularly focused on a particular method of generating electricity. I'm more for efficiency and cost effectiveness. For instance, I believe we can install a thousand 10MW power generators in different rivers across the country. This saves forex, cost effective and efficient. I also have an idea I'm exploring that I intend 2 sell 2d FG. All I can say 4 now is that it involves d adoption of a smart grid system.
I understand your points but the major challenge people like us can have is in the area of fund.Imagine trying to install 10MW capacity turbine to be couple with alternator,it's an uphill task in garnering money because one has to pay for many logistics like test for salinity of water,dredging channel and seeking expertise advise Maybe from abroad...
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by baba11(m): 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
acorntree:

Of all these means of generating electricity only the solar technology is efficient and reliable. Note: because of the high cost of procuring solar panels + inverter + batteries+others assesories, you can only use it as a backup. So one still need a stable means of electricity which only the government can provide. Such kind of power generation can only be achieved through building dams, nuclear power technology, gas power, or any other system using a replaceable source of energy which can easily be replenished. And these technology are beyond individual.
A kilowatt of electricity is costly to generate. What we pay to NEPA is subsidized. Individual power generation either through solar or any other technology is not the best solution to power problem. Bulk generation is the only workable solution just like mass production. It will be cheaper in the long run, and easy to maintain. A company generate electricity from solar farm (in kw) then distributes to individual.
I sent you a mail as regard further discussion on renewable energy... check it and get back to me....I intend to set up whatsapp group for it and fellow engineer s have been signing in to it....
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by cardoso111(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2015
Great minds of Energy on Nairaland,the key issue is to get thecombination of hydro,thermal turbine and solar power available for the public.Thats the only way it can be affordable
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by baba11(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
cardoso111:
Great minds of Energy on Nairaland,the key issue is to get thecombination of hydro,thermal turbine and solar power available for the public.Thats the only way it can be affordable
Do you want to be part of the change Nigeria needs and stop complaining by the side with nothing doing on power ....

If so,join our progressive team on whatsapp to rubb minds on how to come out from this doldrum

.Great Nigeria, Great!!!!
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by baba11(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by baba11(m): 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
The group has just been created,the input of all of you is welcome .
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by zeestone99(m): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
Contact us 2dae n worry less about power
Tel :08117398294
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Correct

baba11:
My effort,experience and research so far reveal s that people shy away from using it due to initial cost it entails and lack of adequate awareness.....

The most used in Nigeria is solar and inverter energy solutions. The former is peculiar to northern part of the country while the latter is being used through out the whole federation including north.
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by Youngzedd(m): 8:27am On Feb 23, 2016
Revival
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by aloeman15(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
The uk, china and usa are powered with coal, gas, nuclear and lastly hydro power.
You want to make batteries and panels and turbines and controllers?
Or import them?
Abi na industrial plants una wan take solar power?!
Huge coal, gas, crude and water resources in nigeria, yet we're discussing what might as well be 'space travel'.
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by ADEBAYO565(m): 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
baba11:

I sent you a mail as regard further discussion on renewable energy... check it and get back to me....I intend to set up whatsapp group for it and fellow engineer s have been signing in to it....

u can add me up to ur whatsapp group..08127996265
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by ADEBAYO565(m): 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
baba11:

Do you want to be part of the change Nigeria needs and stop complaining by the side with nothing doing on power ....

If so,join our progressive team on whatsapp to rubb minds on how to come out from this doldrum

.Great Nigeria, Great!!!!

pls add 08127996265
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by patrickkkk: 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
Pls add me....09060583069
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by baba11(m): 9:34am On Nov 18, 2016
ADEBAYO565:

u can add me up to ur whatsapp group..08127996265
I don't have it any longer.What i have now are two Whatsapp groups for those looking for job.
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by baba11(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2016
patrickkkk:
Pls add me....09060583069
I don't have it any longer.What i have now are two Whatsapp groups for those looking for job.
Re: Renewable Energy Is The Solution To Nigeria's Power Situation. by c0ogumo(m): 7:44am On Nov 19, 2016
=========SOLAR DEPOT NIGERIA==========

New Arrival: 350W Mono Panel with 5 Busbar

EVO2024E with 70A Charger
EVO4024E with 110A Charger
http://solardepotng.com/SDN/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EVO-E-series-230-VAC.pdf

Email: info@solardepotng.com Mobile: 0812 626 1756

www.solardepotng.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Embryo Created From One Man And Two Women! / Www.viber.com Sign Up,viber Login And Viber Download / Convert Your Itunes Gift Card To Cash Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.