Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Time To Rival Facebook - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Time To Rival Facebook (1414 Views)

Facebook Audience Network Set To Rival Adsense / MC Hammer Launches 'WireDoo' To Rival Google / Google Launches Rival To Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Rival Facebook by tomaagy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2008
y cant we produce masterpieces like a african version of a standard site like facebook? anyone up to the challenge I'm willing to go d whole lenght in this oh anyone wanna join?
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by yawatide(f): 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2008
I believe they (note I say this in plural wink) do exist. Many have been advertised here as a matter of fact and I vividly remember someone accusing me of not giving the person light of day because the site was 99% facebook.

Search the forum and you will find them.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by tomaagy(m): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2008
i dont mean a copy i mean a fully different concept but with all the applications and glitz n stuff

long time@yawatide u dey IJ?
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by yawatide(f): 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2008
tomaagy,

You might want to pull up and chair cos you will be waiting in line for a long time tongue

i no dey IJ right now but if you send me ticket, I fit land tomorrow cool
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by cvibe: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2008
@ Tomaggy.

The creator of facebook did not model it after anyone's version. It was the vision he saw inside him, and the passion he had that has made facebook what it is today.

Be creative and do something different. Dare to dream, cos Impossible is nothing!
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by smartsoft(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2008
copy copy kat ! lol
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by tomaagy(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2008
u guys dont get! I neva said copy facebook!
Facebook has set a standard well me i've not seen dynamism like that b4 and I just was thinking if I cant beat it atleast create somthing dat rivals it with the technology not design or concept!

@Yawa were u go now? U missed Ojude Oba I wasnt dere myself but I can guess
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by NothingMeg: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2008
Visit www.naijapals.com Login Lets talk
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by NothingMeg: 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2008
on yahoomessenger i have sent u an offline msgs
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by OmniPotens(m): 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2008
As for this thread, I'll say it is quite a good haven for programmers. Are you one? Do you intend we did something on this? As for me, I could volunteer to do some introductory part of the work but what about you, where will you land?

One funny thing here is, when it gets tougher, even the proposer will not be anywhere again because just as we have debated lately, programmers have nothing to physically show from the front-end but plenty at the back-end. This is one here now.

Do you think you can get into the field of play? undecided
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by Muza(m): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2008
its going to take more than a miracle to get something half as good as facebook.
Was Hi5 not there b4 facebook,but as at today many ppl have forgotten there was 1ce Hi5,tagged,ringo. . .
many ppl have tried to rival FB and have given up.
Its better you join the facebook developers and make new applications.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by OmniPotens(m): 6:50pm On Dec 15, 2008
@muza

I don't think you are a programmer.

Worse, you are giving a bad advice.

Don't ever believe you are stoppable. Forge ahead. Whatever your mind conceives, only by striving harder, you will achieve it.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by worldbest(m): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2008
@OmniPotens

Thank you very much for those words.We need to stop discouraging people who are trying to do something good.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by Muza(m): 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2008
OmniPotens:

@muza

I don't think you are a programmer.

Worse, you are giving a bad advice.

Don't ever believe you are stoppable. Forge ahead. Whatever your mind conceives, only by striving harder, you will achieve it.

ok Chief software architect omniipotent,
i wish you luck in your quest,
i'll look out for you in say,the next 60 years  grin
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by tomaagy(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2009
OmniPotens:

As for this thread, I'll say it is quite a good haven for programmers. Are you one? Do you intend we did something on this? As for me, I could volunteer to do some introductory part of the work but what about you, where will you land?

One funny thing here is, when it gets tougher, even the proposer will not be anywhere again because just as we have debated lately, programmers have nothing to physically show from the front-end but plenty at the back-end. This is one here now.

Do you think you can get into the field of play? undecided

Well I get the drift of this but one thing I know is i'm not a quitter it might take me forever but i get it done! but i understand ur point!

Has anyone gone thru facebook code? it's not really a website it looks more like an application running on server somewhere and the site is just a front end!
I got a mandate to do something as dynamic as tht lloking forward to seeing avid coders, contact moi

my numbers are 08077464545 n 08069804216 n others sha!
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by kazey(m): 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2009
tomaagy:

y cant we produce masterpieces like a african version of a standard site like facebook? anyone up to the challenge I'm willing to go d whole lenght in this oh anyone wanna join?

Can you build an infrastructure to support such model?

Are you that rich enough to finance such ventures?
a. A multi million dollar marketing budget?
b. servers?
c. a dedicated manpower?
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by obinna5000(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2009
Has anyone been to this Nigerian social site: MyAboki Nigeria http://www.myaboki.com

There is also Twitter http://www.twitter.com
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by HC: 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2009
Come on, trying to rival Facebook is pure waste of time. Try doing something new, Nigerians hardly come up with new innovations.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by breaka: 5:48am On Apr 25, 2009
If its not Facebook, it can't be like facebook shocked
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by HC: 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2009
Yep!
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by sisqology(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2009
@topic
keep on trying, you will defintely get there one day
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by nolongTing: 11:39am On May 05, 2009
This is encouraging oh! but I agree we need something new! grin
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by sisqology(m): 11:47am On May 07, 2009
u wish
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by SamMilla1(m): 4:11pm On May 08, 2009
I will eventually come up with something good.
Its all a matter of time.

, And instead of criticizing me, Encourage me please.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by Seun(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2009
I wish I could do something to make Nairaland more popular than Facebook in Nigeria at least.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by nolongTing: 11:34am On May 09, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by yokelz: 1:26pm On May 13, 2009
Hey ppl, when Mark Zukerberg saw the vision of Facebook, all he saw was a college website. Im very sure he never imagined it would compete with myspace and hi5. Anyone can do something like or better than facebook if you believe you can! Just work on something good and creative. Im working on one meself, and it will definitely get facebook's attention,
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by SamMilla1(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2009
I believe that anything that can rival Myspace,
Hi5 or facebok for now will have to come from The United states.
That is where the game is played. That's where the market is.
India is another potential emerging market.
Nigeria can do something but not now.
Where are we gonna start, Imagine unstable electricity hosting a big server.
Anyway, someday somehow, those who dedicate their time to things like this will surely do something big.
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by uzoma79: 8:04am On May 19, 2009
i think my http://www.naijamateconnect.com/ can rival facebook - smiley
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by DualCore1: 10:05am On May 20, 2009
uzoma79:

i think my http://www.naijamateconnect.com/ can rival facebook - smiley

k, its just a thought u're having. smiley
whew! thought u were for real (tht we had finally gotten an fbook rival) tongue

is it just me or have others noticed these big sites dont have sentence-like names?
see their names:
facebook
yahoo
google
myspace
nairaland (i should get paid for this please tongue )
hi5

not unitedstatesconnect.com, ukdatemeetup.com, naija<this>, naija<that> arghhhhhhhh!

where's the abstraction?!
Re: Time To Rival Facebook by haleighaugustu: 9:56am On Jun 09, 2022
This simple game has evolved to become a popular MMORPG. The game's creation was inspired by the world of Lego, which Persson had loved as a child. The free form gameplay allows players to be as creative as possible. Get more interesting details about minecraft survival servers check out this site.

(1) (Reply)

Introduction To Local Server (127.0.0.1) Tutorial For Beginners with pictures / .com.ng for N1,150 - Black Friday deals / IAF Indian Air Force Technical Branch Exam Syllabus 2018 Written Test Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.