Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:27 PM

Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East (18290 Views)

10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. / Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Smooyis(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2015
MayorofLagos:

whattt
Withdraw my statement? Im surprised the sons and daughters of Biafran Zionist Movement were not signatories to this late awakening. Did the freaks that issued this statement consult with the apex Igbo socio-political organization, Ohaneze, before issuing this second thought on Jonathan?

Anuofia trying to censor my speech. Watch yourself!! angry angry
That was a good advice given to u. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Collynzo9: 8:41am On Jan 02, 2015
They held the meeting in Enugu, yet the don't know that a train plies Enugu - Umuahia - Aba - Ph route 3 times a day?
Fake group.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by LRNZH(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:
They held the meeting in Enugu, yet the don't know that a train plies Enugu - Umuahia - Aba - Ph route 3 times a day?
Fake group.

Three times a day?

Wow I am familiar with railways operations in Nigeria.
These times a day is impossible.

Please Stop!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Isiterere(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2015
....abeg you need to take cover for this your comment oooooo, the fear of spiritual bashing from them.
gringringrin

ALL IZZ WELL

kokoA:
This people are so ungrateful! What else do they want from GEJ? He has adopted "Azikiwe" as his second name, he gave Ojukwu state burial, he made and igbo son, Peter Obi (Okute ndi'igbo) the deputy director (south) of his campaign team and he is christian.. Haba! The man has tried naw ahn ahn.. Igbos please vote for him o, he will do more.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2015
brutef0rce101:
Lolzzz. Just laughing.... Oga Jona the great Scammer ever liveth. Our Ibos brothers call us Amala, slaves, Awolowo people and many derogatory names cos of Jona. They call all Northerners terrorist, illiterates and other names, they call muslims Boko haram, terrorist and different names all because of Oga Jonathan cheesy

Meanwhile, Oga Jona keep running different scam on daily basis, he went to OAU to beg all Yoruba Obas, went to Benin(Oba of Benin), to the North to beg them and also to IBB but ignore our Ibo elders and King grin cheesy Also, FFK(Amala person) who once told everyone he lashed Bianca the Ibo queen is now the Media Director Of Jonathan's Campaign Team, while Ex-Governor and former Chairman of Ibo APGA- Pita Hoebi is just the Deputy Directors-General for north and south. See washing...... Lmaoooo.

grin grin grin

kokoA:
This people are so ungrateful! What else do they want from GEJ? He has adopted "Azikiwe" as his second name, he gave Ojukwu state burial, he made and igbo son, Peter Obi (Okute ndi'igbo) the deputy director (south) of his campaign team and he is christian.. Haba! The man has tried naw ahn ahn.. Igbos please vote for him o, he will do more.
Sarcasm at its finest.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Collynzo9: 8:49am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:

Three times a day?

Wow I am familiar with railways operations in Nigeria.
These times a day is impossible.

Please Stop!
You are familiar with railway operations but you believed the ghost group wheny the said no trains are operating in the east, why should I take you seriously?
Swerve please.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by meccuno: 8:50am On Jan 02, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Ibos are plotting to betray Jonathan. They are getting ready, like they do every election season, to offer themselves to the highest bidder.

bloody pr.ost.titu.tes!!
Oba of Lagos, His Royal Highness Rilwan Akiolu, has opened up on the role he played in the alleged bribery of some Yoruba monarchs by late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, to frustrate the struggle against the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election believed to have been won by late business mogul, Chief MKO Abiola.

The monarch, who was the Lagos State Police Commissioner at the time, said that with the exception of one or two traditional rulers, other prominent Yoruba Obas collected bribe from the Abacha administration, declaring that he personally shared the money to the monarchs.

The monarch said the traditional rulers collected the bribe from Abacha to assist the late Head of State to remain in office following the relentless protests that trailed his coming to power.

He hinted that he has the names of the monarchs and the role they played, especially the Yoruba traditional rulers and vowed to expose them after the 2015 general elections.

Oba Akiolu stated this on Sunday in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State during the visit of the Emir of Kano and former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Muhammed Sanusi II to the Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona at his palace.

He was part of Emir Sanusi’s entourage to Ijebu-Ode after the latter had visited him at his Iga Idunganran Palace in Lagos on Saturday.

Delivering his speech at the palace, Oba Akiolu disclosed that he had spoken with President Goodluck Jonathan to forgive and forget the errors that Mallam Sanusi might have committed as CBN governor, adding that all humans are prone to errors.

He said: “The Awujale is not part of them (corrupt monarchs), when the time comes, I am going to expose those monarchs who were given bribes in order to aid the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha to remain in power.

“I was a Commissioner of Police then in Lagos; I was at the meeting where money was being shared to the monarchs; I know those that collected money. I was given the share of Awujale to send it across to him, but I told them, right there that he will never collect the money and truly, when he was approached, he rejected it.

“There are some monarchs that I personally gave their own share and they collected it from me. I have their names and when the time comes, I will expose them. I am not afraid of anybody, they are corrupt and those are some of the bad eggs in the traditional institution. These are the people, you (Emir of Kano) should be very careful of associating with”, Oba Akiolu stated.

He advised the Emir not to look down on his subjects, as they were the main source of his traditional power.

It will be recalled that former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Alhaji Bola Tinubu had during the 80th birthday of the Awujale last May took a swipe at Yoruba Obas saying that most of them soiled their hands during Abacha’s regime.

Earlier in his welcome address, Oba Adetona applauded the contributions of the Emir to the economy of this country when he was the governor at the apex bank.

Among dignitaries at the palace to join the monarch to receive his guests were the former governor of the state, who is also the Aremo of Ijebuland, Chief Olusegun Osoba, Senator Adegbenga Kaka, the three state commissioners from Ijebu Ode: Otunba Bimbo Ashiru (Commerce and Industry), Adebayo Fari  (Forestry) and Olugbenga Otenuga (Physical and Urban Planning).

Also present were members of the state Council of Obas and Ijebu chiefs, religious leaders, the Hausa community in Ijebuland.

Speaking on behalf of Governor Ibikunle Amosun, Bimbo Ashiru congratulated the two distinguished Nigerians, who, he described as shinning lights in the traditional institution in the country.

Amosun charged the monarchs to continue to support the government in their various domains, adding that, being the custodians of both the traditional and culture of the people, the onus lies on them to play very good advisory roles to all tiers government.

Mallam Sanusi explained that he decided to visit the two Obas in the South West because they were the only ones who identified with him during his coronation as the new Emir of Kano, adding that they were his adopted fathers http://idreamzmedia.com/oba-of-lagos-bombshell-i-shared-abachas-bribe-to-yoruba-monarchs/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by kokoA(m): 8:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Isiterere:
....abeg you need to take cover for this your comment oooooo, the fear of spiritual bashing from them.
gringringrin

ALL IZZ WELL

Let them bring it on already grin I get time and I get mouth wey fit kill person grin what else?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by poseidon12: 8:52am On Jan 02, 2015
Alman:
As good and enterprising d Igbos are they are not always futuristic in their approach to politics. They have no national leader, just fighting one another. The bargaining power they ve were not judiciously utilized. By now, Igbos migration to other zones in d country should ve reduced drastically. My encounter wit some secondary students in anaambra was so shocking. These guys were hell bent to go to Lagos at expense of their studies and believed Lagos was a paradise. Gej played on their intelligence thru advice he got from some of their ndigbo bros (as he suddenly became azikiwe). He is using same now. D famous ABA market she be an international arena is highly deplorable and unsightly. Igbo ppl talk to urself Ur zone deserve more. D shirt I ( cut and sow)bought in ABA last time for atoken is comparable to expensive imported one I bought in Lagos. Igbo stop eating Ur future and batgain well.

Yes the Igbo need to get their politics right. But the focus should be on getting decent and capable state governors that can perform with the little they are getting from the federation.
Should the state govt wait for the fg to come develop Aba for them?
The Igbo by nature are independent minded. So don't expect a national leader of the Igbo. This trait has it's merits and demerits. The group mindset of most other ethnic groups actually feed the tribalism that a lot people condemn and make it difficult to have a united One Nigeria.
Nigerians need to be frank with themselves. Do we want One Nigeria or do we want our individual ethnic nations. We cannot continue to avoid answering that question.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by PEREP: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2015
EagleNest:
finally waking up from slumber and clearing your eyes...

Was there International Airport at Enugu before GEJ? How many Igbo pple sleep on the road every Dec before GEJ just because access roads were bad? What is Electricity situation in many Igbo states before this Ggovt? Innosson is now manufacturing big time with patronage from govt and a deal with some African countries to import Innosson vehicles

Let's ask for more and I am sure they are already captured in the President's re-election declaration speeech.
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/11/11/full-text-goodluck-jonathans-declaration-speech/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Collynzo9: 8:59am On Jan 02, 2015
From Port harcourt, they are heading to Enugu with brief stops at Aba and Umuahia.
No train operations in the east they said.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by ceejayluv(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2015
lestat:

Speak for yourself bro, i support Buhari and also millions of other Igbos too
Millions??... Hehehe.. Delusion.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by meccuno: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2015
Khd95:
If jona had been a japanese or taiwanese he would ve commited suic.... undecided

D guys has alot goin on in his mind

2 handle a nation like naija u ve got 2 b jupiter or zeus cool
mruwazie:
I came across this revelation today on IPOB page by DON KINGSLEY, and decided to share with my ameable readers.

THE BEGINNING - MAKING OF AWO WHO WOULD DIE IN SHAME

Many years after he suddenly was reported dead of natural cause andfew years after his golden jubilee, facts are now emerging on the reasons that led to First and Second Republic political heavyweight,

Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo committing suicide.
It was learned that he did it to stem the tide of a possible military court martial into an insurrection he was planning to lead alongside his political associates at the time when it became evident that then Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida was intending staying in power forever.

CONFESSIONS FROM AWO's ASSOCIATE:-

In a no-hold barred interview with FS Online recently,a grass root politician ,Mr Adebayo Adeyinka who lives within the College Road at Ifako-Ijaiye axis in Ogba ,a suburb of Lagos, Nigeria was livid with rage when he learned that a key politician connected to the issue was denying the incident.
He revealed that Chief Awolowo wanted to lead some kind of guerilla warfare or militant campaign against the government of President Babangida so that he can be overthrown through a popular or people-led putsch.
According to him , the Elder Statesman summoned a meeting of his core loyalists over the issue and this was even filmed so as to strengthen the extent of commitment of each of the politician that attended the meeting,
He pointed out that however unknown to all of those who were privy to this meeting and clarion call , Chief Lateef Kayode Jakande, Former Executive Governor of Lagos State had a different plan as he betrayed them to the military.

THE BETRAYAL OF Awolowo WHO BETRAYED BIAFRANS BY Lateef Jakande. He Said:’ But unknown to them , Chief Jakande was planning to betray them, he went to President Ibrahim Babangida and promptly showed him the tape “Papa Awolowo was invited for a meeting with President Ibrahim Babangida who was then staying at Dodan Barracks which was the seat of power as at then and the truth of his CONTINUE READING>>> http://chimauwazie..com/2014/10/exposing-Yoruba-thief-called-awolowo.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2015
Mortiple:
They have valid points though. Apologists of GEJ should give us straightforward answer. This is the kind of negotiation and bargaining Ndigbo should engage in and stop playing politics of sentiment.

Next up Ijaw Nation should openly declare their resolve to reciprocate this gesture of supporting their son should it get to the turn of Igbos. Once beaten, twice shy, as the saying goes.

However, I don't believe GMB is an option for Ndigbo. Tufiakwa!!!

Not GMB alone.

He will choose Ministers, AGF, SGF, Service Chiefs, the entire Executive. The Legislative arm will be elected as per usual and they will screen the chosen Executives. Are you with me? There will definitely be Igbos in the Senate, House of Representatives, Executive Council.

Plus,

YOUR GOVERNORS WILL BE IGBO!

What could go wrong with possibly a lot less corruption?

Don't stare at a tree and miss the whole forest, my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by DaGC(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:

Did you read the comment you were replying to?

The person said South East abeg.

Yes, I did read it.
He said GEJ did nothing in the south east, and that even the south south that he's from, he also did nothing. I wanted to point it out to his wrong so that he doesn't mislead people into thinking that the administration actually did nothing.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:
From Port harcourt, they are heading to Enugu with brief stops at Aba and Umuahia.

Picture of their tickets saying "PH to Enugu" and I might still doubt it.

Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by poseidon12: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2015
@meccuno. Thanks for posting this interesting piece from Sanusi. I think it's an objective view of Nigeria's history. He is right on point. I wish Sanusi joined partisan politics instead of becoming emir. Would definitely print out and file.

meccuno:
http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=868:yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi&catid=57:sanusi-lamido-sanusi

Yorubas are the Problem with Nigeria - By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Written by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Wednesday, 27 May 2009 05:01

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Prosective Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

i. The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
ii. Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
iii. The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.

See also The Adulteress' Diary by Lamido Sanusi

My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998).

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention. When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event. Even though Abiola had won the elections in the North, the North was blamed for its annulment. When Abdulsalam Abubakar started his transition, the Yoruba political leadership through NADECO presented a memorandum on a Government of National Unity that showed complete disrespect for the intelligence and liberties of other Nigerians.

Subsequently, they formed a tribal party which failed to meet minimum requirements for registration, but was registered all the same to avoid the violence that was bound to follow non-registration, given the area-boy mentality of South-West politicians. Having rejected an Obasanjo candidacy and challenged the election as a fraud in court, we now find a leading member of the AD in the government, a daughter of an Afenifere leader as Minister of State, and Awolowo´s daughter as Ambassador, all appointed by a man who won the election through fraud.

Meanwhile, nothing has been negotiated for the children of Abiola, the focus of Yoruba political activity. In return for these favours, the AD solidly voted for Evan Enwerem as Senate President. This is a man who participated in the two-million- man March for Abacha´s self-succession. He also is reputed to have hosted a meeting of governors during IBB´s transition, demanding that June 12 elections should never be de-annulled and threatening that the East would go to war if this was done. When Ibrahim Salisu Buhari was accused of swearing to a false affidavit, the Yoruba political elite correctly took up the gauntlet for his resignation.

When an AD governor, Bola Tinubu, swears to a false affidavit that he attended an Ivy League University which he did not attend, we hear excuses.

For so many years, the Yoruba have inundated this country with stories of being marginalised and of a civil service dominated by northerners through quota system. The Federal Character Commission has recently released a report which shows that the South-West accounts for 27.8% of civil servants in the range GL08 to GL14 and a full 29.5% of GL 15 and above. One zone out of six zones controls a full 30% of the civil service leaving the other five zones to share the remaining 70%. We find the same story in the economy, in academia, in parastatals.

Yet in spite of being so dominant, the Yoruba complained and complained of marginalization. Of recent, in recognition of the trauma which hit the South-West after June 12, the rest of the country forced everyone out of the race to ensure that a South-Westerner emerged, often against the best advice of political activists.

Instead of leading a path of reconciliation and strong appreciation, the Yoruba have embarked on short-sighted triumphalism, threatening other "nationalities" that they ( who after all lost the election) will protect Obasanjo ( who was forced on them). No less a person than Bola Ige has made such utterances.

To further show that they were in charge, they led a cult into the Hausa area of Sagamu, murdered a Hausa woman and nothing happened. In the violence that followed, they killed several Hausa residents, with Yoruba leaders like Segun Osoba, reminding Nigerians of the need to respect the culture of their host communities. This would have continued were it not for the people of Kano who showed that they could also create their own Oro who would only be appeased through the shedding of innocent Yoruba blood.

I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys.

iii.The Igbo Factor and the Reasonable Limits of Retribution.

The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi. Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.

Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.

After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.

If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems.

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Joyekpen: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2015
If this is from Enugu really, then its unfortunate, under which regime in history of Nigeria has the Igbos ever had it good in govt, Be wise! North-East in turmoil, North-West in peace. East means doom to be eliminated by the North.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by mrjojo: 9:09am On Jan 02, 2015
The earlier the IGBOS realize GEJ got absolutely NOTHING in plan for them the better.... South East Roads are simply deathtrap..Vote wisely, let abandon Tribalism for once..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Collynzo9: 9:09am On Jan 02, 2015
Jeezuzpick:

Picture of their tickets saying "PH to Enugu" and I might still doubt it.

Hehehe
Then you should go and lie on the rail line from Enugu to PH for the whole day.
I am sure your doubt will be cleared in hell.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by OneNaira6: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2015
Guidette:
Ibo people are too tribalistic to actually see that the clueless one does and will never care about the east. He does not see them as his brothers even though they worship the ground he steps on. Where is the development he has brought to the East? No 2nd Niger bridge... Even the railway they are praising isn't in the East.
Please open your eyes and remove that block of wood on your eyes. If you can truly say your situation has improved since GEJ came to power, please vote for him. If otherwise, GMB has come to save all of us.
VOTE GMB IN 2015.

This coming from a man woman whose entire region benefitted nothing during GMB during his rule yet licking his @ss like he is some form of messiah. you want others to follow you in that slavery destruction. While I'm at it, if you are a tribalistic, don't open that your oozing mouth to call others tribalistic.

How Buhari Skewed PTF Projects in Favor of His Northern Zone- By Afenifere

The Abacha regime created a parallel government through the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) headed by Major General Muhammed Buhari. Nothing else typifies the marginalization of the Yoruba than the lopsidedness of the projects carried out by the PTF. Figures from PTF Situation Reports (Vol. 2 Dec. 98) show that the PTF carried on as if there was no South West.

Of all the roads rehabilitated by the PTF, only 1984.5 kilometres of roads representing 10.84 per cent were carried out in the South West; from where the bulk of the PTF revenue came since the zone consumes over 60 per cent of refined petroleum products. All the Southern States had 4,440.43 kms or 24 per cent of road rehabilitation as against 13,870.47 kms or 76 per cent in the Northern States zone three comprising the North-West States of Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara had a lion share of 5020 kms or 27.42 per centbecause the Fund’s Chairman, Buhari and the military dictator Sani Abacha were from there; zone four comprising the North-East States of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe picked 23.48 per cent. This is the zone where Salihijo Ahmed, the late Chief Executive of Afri-Project Consortium APC, the sole consultants that supervised all PTF projects came from.

Figures in other sectors were more scandalous. For instance, under the National Health and Educational Rehabilitation Programme (NHERP), the South West had zero allocation in the tertiary programme, while the North picked 100 per cent. In the vocational programme, the South West had zero while the North had 97 per cent. In the primary area, the South-West had zero against 88 per cent for the North and in the secondary area, it was zero for the South-West and 86 per cent for the North.

The health sector is similar. For the Teaching Hospitals, the South-West had zero while the North had 62 per cent. For the Specialist Hospitals, it was zero for the South-West and 71 per cent for the North; in General/State Hospitals the Yoruba had nothing while the North had 56 per cent for health clinics, it was zero for the South-West against the North’s 100 per cent.

Under the food supply summary, the Southwest had 7.26 per cent compared with 83 per cent for the North, Buhari’s zone having 60.54 per cent to itself.

Demographic Manipulation: The Northern wielders of power have skewed all demographic indicators to marginalise the Yoruba and confer undue advantage on the North. For instance, while the old Kano and Lagos used to have the same number of divisions, various demographic manipulations over the years have brought about absurd disparities between the two states. While the old Lagos remains a state with 20 local governments, the old Kano has become two states-Kano and Jigawa with 77 local governments. These are some of the indices used for revenue sharing.
www.nigerianmuse.com/20061228122222zg/nigeria-watch/all-about-the-oputa-panel-hrvic/nigeria-has-persecuted-the-yoruba-submission-of-afenifere-to-the-human-rights-violations/

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by DaGC(m): 9:13am On Jan 02, 2015
donshaddow:

Though you made ur point... But you're speaking as if he did us a favour..

He didn't do it, government did it.

So let's not praise to bastards cos they are performing below expectations...

Assuming you have an investment of $50billion and you have a manager over it, what do you expect from such huge investment?

You misunderstood my post. I didn't say he did it, I actually said the GEJ administration (the govt) did it.
The reason of my post was to stop misleading people into thinking that this administration did nothing, since this is a public forum. Most people here believe what they see here and they might actually think that the administration did nothing in the south south as the poster I quoted implied, that's why I gave him examples. I only wanted him to speak of what he's sure of on public forums.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by OneNaira6: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2015
First time I'm hearing this so called Igbo groups and upon googling, I discovered one even supported Chimaroke for presidency once upon a time and I just laughed my @ss off. They need to collect whatever money Buhari camp gave am and shut the f2k up. Money hungry, greedy buf00ns.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Mortiple(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
I am from Anambra state.

But I must painfully admit that as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned, Igbo people (not excluding myself) are myopic, ignorant and stupi.d.

It is "extremely" difficult to take them seriously.

\
Shut it boy! How dare you insult Ndigbo!! Coward!!!

How am I sure that you are from Anambra? Even if ...
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by stinggy(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2015
kokoA:

This got me laughing hard.
bros u wicked ooo

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Iykopee(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

Dont mind the shameless crets posting rubbish on NL to rubbish giant strides. I followed my cousin to the rail station @ station road in PH where he booked and travelled by train from PH-Enugu.. Only paid APC Criminals in the West are busy telling the world there was no functional rail network traversing south south and south east in connivance with APC touts of South East.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by meccuno: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2015
lestat:

Dude speak for yourself, i am also from Anambra and sorry to say its you who are myopic, ignorant and stupidd, because i know for a fact that all these groups are only figments of the posters imagination, Igbos will vote Buhari enmasse COME ELECTION DAY,because every Igbo, man, woman and child knows that GEJ IS A USELESS TOOTPICK
REASONS WHY BUHARI CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA

Originally By: Kekere ekun and Co.

In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the follwoing reasons I can not vote for Buhari

1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers whose land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution. He left untouched an alleged well known drug baron in Ibrahim Babangida who later overthrew his government.

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash througth the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases were supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority

7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

8. He is a coup plotter.

9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust fund.

10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatia mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in Kiri Kiri Prison by meanhearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, co ordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame!

17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

18. Buhari is unforgiven. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army function where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates and a few of them protested, Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.

If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious, fundamendalist, conscienceless human being like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?

I can not in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.

For the good of Nigeria, vote any other candidate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:17am On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

Then you should go and lie on the rail line from Enugu to PH for the whole day.
I am sure your doubt will be cleared in hell.

Read your own answer to my post and judge yourself.

Take it easy.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by OneNaira6: 9:19am On Jan 02, 2015
Mortiple:
Shut it boy! How dare you insult Ndigbo!! Coward!!!

How am I sure that you are from Anambra? Even if ...

He is not. The fact he deluded into thinking igbo care or depend on politician for survival was all needed to be said to show you he is from that side of Nigeria that constantly need assistance from politicians and self claimed themselves as "sophisticated". Did you need anything else to tell you other wise?
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by SailorXY: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2015
lestat:

Speak for yourself bro, i support Buhari and also millions of other Igbos too
interesting story
tell me more
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Collynzo9: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2015
Jeezuzpick:

Read your own answer to my post and judge yourself.

Take it easy.
I said if you still have doubts about Railway operations from Enugu to PH after all the proofs that have been provide, go and lie down on the rail track the whole day and see if you come back alive.
It is that simple.
Re: Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East by Uncletony(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2015
U mean those few aboki cun igbos i saw yesterday sharing cow meat?! They are not igbos!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Retired Military Officers – Nigeria Needs Damage Control / INEC Wants N6bn To Feed Policemen During 2019 Elections / Anambra 2021: The Coast Still Clear For Godwin Maduka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.