Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan (28337 Views)

Woman Absconds With Anti-corruption Crusade Largesse In Lagos / An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) / I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by personal59: 3:09am On Jan 02, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday said his administration’s strategy against corruption was to strengthen the capability of institutions to nip the menace in the bud.

He said his idea of anti-corruption war was not about arresting suspects and parading them on the television.

Jonathan spoke during a special New Year service at the Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Area 1, Garki, Abuja.

He admitted that the two main problems currently confronting the country were insecurity and corruption.

The President said his administration was making efforts to tackle the challenges.

He said, “There are two main problems confronting us as a nation: The issue of insecurity in the North where we have the Boko Haram terrorists and in the South where we have commercial kidnapping. The next thing that people worry about after security is the issue of corruption.

“We are coming out with programmes and plans to clean up. These are things that you don’t just use a magical wand to wave off, otherwise even before I became the President, there wouldn’t have been corruption in Nigeria.

“It is not just about shouting corruption. It is not about looking at one person, arrest the person and show him on television.

“It is about strengthening institutions and coming up with credible plans to make sure that anybody who gets involved with corruption, the system must have a way of detecting him and punishing him.

“Until you put such a system on ground, you cannot talk about eradicating corruption, you will just be celebrating corruption.”

On security challenges, Jonathan said the Federal Government was working hard to restore peace to the country.

He noted that the festive period had been relatively peaceful due to prayers and government’s efforts.

The President said, “You would have noticed that from Christmas to New Year, at least, it has been calm. It did not happen by accident.

“It happened because you have been praying for this country and the government has also been doing something. We do not need to announce what we are doing.

“With your prayers, we will surely get there. We will continue to come up with programmes that will help the ordinary people.

“The same way we won the war against Ebola, we shall win the terror war.”

Again, Jonathan described 2015 as a turning point in the history of the country because of the forthcoming general elections.

He said, “2015 is a turning point because of the elections. Some people will not mind if half of the country get burnt because of their ambition.

“I always say that we must have a country first, we must have a people first before talking about ambition.

“We must pray that God should give us the wisdom to do things with some decorum and we should not compromise the lives of the people for ambition.

“I always say that my ambition and the ambition of any politician for that matter, is not worth the blood of the smallest Nigerian.”

Jonathan argued that no nation could move forward without proper vision.

According to the President, before now the country had, at different times, been administered based on 25-year and five-year plans before the annual budget system was adopted.

He said after sometime, things collapsed and the government was being run on emergency basis.

The President said the old days when the government was run with vision would be revisited.

“For you to achieve anything, you must have a clear vision. Even if you look at what we have been doing as a nation, you will really see that before this time when the country used to have this 25 years plan, the budget was based on 25 years clear plan for the country. So you know where you are going for 25 years.

“Then it was broken down into five years plan and annual budget and we knew where we were going.

“But after some time, things collapsed and we run government on emergency basis and you see government start wobbling.

“We are going back to those good days when we had vision. We have plan for agriculture, we have plan for industry, we have plan for automobile and many other areas.

“If you have a vision, any proposal that comes in, no matter how good they are, must fall into your vision for it to go through. With your prayers, surely as a nation, we will get to where our vision will take us to.

“Having passed through school and being in government for quite some time, I have realised that for you to achieve anything, you must have a clear vision.

“If you have a clear vision, even if you don’t get the exact target, you will get something close to the target,” he added.

The church’s Senior Pastor, Dr. Paul Enenche, had in his sermon titled, “The life of vision,” pointed out to the congregation that how they began the New Year would determine how they would end it.

While saying that the quality of a foundation would determine the integrity of a building, Enenche said the quality of the year would be determined by the foundation laid by individuals.

He stated that a clear definition of a destination was a major requirement for a successful journey.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you may not like where you will end up. Vision is a clear picture of a preferred future. To live by chance is to end by chance,” the clergyman declared.

The pastor, however, said it was important for the people to follow the right principle if they must get the right result.

“God is not a respecter of persons. Either you know Him or not, if you follow the right principle, you will get the right result.

“Pastors go on holiday in Dubai without considering religion in as much as they get excellence. Nobody cares about your religion, sex or ethnic group, once you do it well,” Enenche said.

Jonathan was accompanied to the service, held under tight security, by his mother, Eunice; his children and top government officials.

The special service featured special prayers for the country, testimonies and special choir rendition among others.

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-coming-up-with-anti-corruption-plan-jonathan/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by kokoA(m): 3:15am On Jan 02, 2015
After six years in office our president is still "coming up" with an anti corruption plan.. Smh.. Dis one na plan of life o shocked

412 Likes 32 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by raumdeuter: 3:20am On Jan 02, 2015
If Jonathan spends 6yrs to lay the foundation of his madness, when would he hit the street

If it takes 6yrs to be "coming up with" an anti-corruption plan when would you now prosecute his friends, wife and himself who are the most corrupt people ever

279 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by watered(m): 3:26am On Jan 02, 2015
Probably he's on google to get plans.

BTW, he is on a blank system.

220 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by mokaflex(m): 3:26am On Jan 02, 2015
GMB_015. Hit like if you believe.

569 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by EdCure: 3:32am On Jan 02, 2015
After six years of your stealing is not corruption administration.
Only the TANkids will believe this clown.

Come up with what you like. We the people are coming up with the new president that will ensure you rot in jail.

257 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by babadee1(m): 3:33am On Jan 02, 2015
Oga Jona don't worry yourself again. We the people are working on an anti-corruption plan for you. We will deliver it on Feb 14 as a Valentine's Day gift.

331 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by nofij(m): 3:43am On Jan 02, 2015
Let him keep "coming up". In a normal system, Jonathan would have only 2 years left of his 2nd term after spending 6 years at the top job. Its unfortunate that he is still promising whatever when he should be talking about continuity of his good works.
Well, he cant because its been 6 wasted years.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Toosure70: 3:44am On Jan 02, 2015
6 yrs plans? The plans go dey serious o.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 02, 2015
We believe in you sir

GEJ till tha kingdom comet

13 Likes

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by personal59: 3:50am On Jan 02, 2015
samflexxy:
We believe in you sir

grin
samflexxy:
We believe in you sir

samflexxy:
We believe in you sir

grin
samflexxy:
We believe in you sir

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by kokoA(m): 3:51am On Jan 02, 2015
Vote for a man who has the plan already not one who has no plan after 6 years.. We are not even sure he will come up with any plan after 4 years.. (Remember "stealing is not corruption"). SaiBuhari..

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Braggante(m): 3:53am On Jan 02, 2015
And we're coming up with your eviction plan

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by bilionaire: 3:59am On Jan 02, 2015
After 6 years really! really!!

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by egift(m): 4:00am On Jan 02, 2015
After the massive looting of 6yrs. Nobody should be hoodwinked with this. This a game of a desperate man. Is it today he found out that CORRUPTION is the biggest problem in Nigeria?

He has one month to give Nigeria all the money that was looted when he was Deputy Governor, Governor, VP and Six years as President. Jonathan like many who are campaigning against Buhari are just afriad of giving account of how they have managed Nigeria's wealth.

This latest move is just Desperation to stay out of jail.

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by egbaguy: 4:07am On Jan 02, 2015
This man is just too stupid........

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Akshow: 4:11am On Jan 02, 2015
This man is very laughable.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by LogicPower(m): 4:25am On Jan 02, 2015
You STILL don't get it, Mr Clueless!

1. In a country where corruption is so endemic, so widespread and so ingrained in almost every institution, there is NO WAY you can clean the menace without arresting and EXECUTING JAILING the corrupt and criminal elements, especially those who loot hundreds of millions.

2. If you cannot catch and PUNISH THE BIG CULPRITS who steal billions of the public money, then you can as well tell our police and the courts to STOP arresting and jailing THE PETTY CRIMINALS who steal PEANUTS compared to what your friends, associates and mentors loot DAILY from our common treasury!

3. You have just proved, ONCE AGAIN, that you have NOT got the amount of MORAL COURAGE that is needed to confront THE BIG THIEVING ELITE of this country.

4. And since you have NOT confronted them before, nobody should expect you to even try to confront them now, when MANY of them are either using the looted money to fund your re-election or are mouthing their support for your campaign, which they know is the surest way of getting away with all what they have looted, and are looting!

5. If not for your cluelessness and HALF-HEARTED commitment to fighting corruption, how on earth would you dismiss and even mock the age-long, tested and trusted way of deterring criminals (i.e. arresting them and jailing them), only for you to come up with A VAGUE and RIDICULOUS idea of 'strengthening the institutions' as an alternative?

6. Since you have recanted your earlier comments and now, like the rest of us, admit that corruption is one of the two major problems in this country, HOW do you think the corrupt operators of the corrupt system would allow you to 'strengthen the institutions', without first getting rid of them?

7. By this your comment, Mr President, you have just added URGENCY to the determination of Nigerian masses to see that you GIVE WAY to someone who can do a BETTER JOB of looking the thieving elite in the face, on our behalf, and telling them that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

269 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by ofala(m): 4:27am On Jan 02, 2015
Medicine after death.......

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by aresa: 4:36am On Jan 02, 2015
Akshow:
This man is very laughable.

grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by hijacke(m): 5:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Take dat ur plan and shove it up ur a$$ , Mr President , thank you sir

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 02, 2015
What u want to do, is let them do it discreetly. God will judge u all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 02, 2015
Mr. President... 4dis one, I will not agree with u.
4 have said it vivdly over d media(NTA), that STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.....
Yet U CLAIM u are raising anti-corruption army..,how.
?
Let's know Y u want to fight corruption.., since it has nothing to do with stealing...
If stealing is not Corruption..
Then what's stealing...?
a)begging..
b)romance..
c)borrowing..
d)murder..
e)agriculture..

What about obvious cases of..
Farouk lawan..
Abdulradsheed maina..
Allison madueke..
Stella odua..

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by WIZGUY69(m): 5:53am On Jan 02, 2015
cry
[size=24]Anti-corruption plan! after 6 years?
he's still clueless and confused[/size]

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 02, 2015
Two more reasons to vote you out.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by FastShipping: 6:01am On Jan 02, 2015
phantonce:
Two more reasons to vote you out.

grin grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by pacesetter939: 6:18am On Jan 02, 2015
Yea, Yea! GEJ decided to do the right thing after 6years. What becomes the lot of his close ally and associates who has killed this nation with their massive looting??

Don't worry, GEJ. GMB, would help you execute the plan, should they be needful.

GMB all the way.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by iwriterng(m): 6:23am On Jan 02, 2015
The gullibility of Nigerians amaze me.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Okaka27(m): 6:24am On Jan 02, 2015
This is pure shamelessness,!
Asin are my eyes deceiving me?

After all dis years in presidency.It is now he is coming up with a plan. What nonsense!
U no need Magician to tell u dis guy na beans.

Sometimes I wonder why some pple still want him there till 2019.But on a serious note, someone should give me reasons why u still want dis man as President, aren't u tired of all dis rubbish?

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 02, 2015
This GEJ would make more sense by just keeping quiet..

If you think you have seen the lowest of low in cluelessness,GEJ/PDP will always surprise you with their comments..

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 02, 2015
I thought he said he wanted to build a hall of shame so he and his family and friends can dine there?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Coming Up With Anti-corruption Plan — Jonathan by FastShipping: 6:31am On Jan 02, 2015
prof1990:
I thought he said he wanted to build a hall of shame so he and his family and friends can dine there?

grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kalu, Abaribe, Uzodinma, Others Storm Imo For 1999 Constitution Review (VIDEO) / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem / BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.