Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Small Computer Accessories Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Small Computer Accessories Business (8610 Views)

Enlighten Me On Phone Accessories Business / I Need Advice On How To Start Kiddies Clothing And Accessories Business / Computer Accessories Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Computer Accessories Business by ishmael(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2006
How much do i need to start a small computer parts & accessories business in nigeria?? Will 250k be enough to start??
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by patorini(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2006
depends on the scale u want to start wit.
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by ishmael(m): 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2006
Thats why i said small. I want to start on a small scale. What and what can i do or buy with the 250k to start the biz? What are the most important things to get first??
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by Seun(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2006
You need to start with consumables like:
- Toner and Ink cartridges and refill kits.
- Recordable and Rewritable CDs and DVDs.

You should also stock PC parts that often need replacement:
- Hard disks.
- CD-ROM and DVD Drives.
- Keyboards.
- Mice (or is it mouses? grin)

Finally, you should get PC accessories used to upgrade systems:
- SDRAM and DDRAM memory modules.
- PC Speakers and headsets.

That's what I think you need for a small scale computer accessory business.
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by ishmael(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2006
Seun, thanx a million times. But do u think i can get all this things with 250k to start the biz?? Can u give me a breakdown analysis of how i can use 250k to acquire these accessories?? And mind you i do not have a shop yet.
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by Seun(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2006
You should contact all the business centers, schools, etc in your area that use computers. Tell them that you can supply them with consumables and such at a moment's notice. Drop your card with them so they can call you instantly when they need a new ink cartridge, writable CD, etc. Then buy these items and keep them at home!

The idea is that instead of sending somene to Computer Village they'll call you and you'll deliver instantly. I've seen someone running this kind of business profitably in Abeokuta, and he sells even motherboards.

1 Like

Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by LoverBwoy(m): 11:27pm On Aug 16, 2006
where you get them from and for how much, i don't really know presumably from a reputable seller/wholesaler

you can include;

webcams
Flash drives (different sizes,shapes and funky colors)
USb cables
Graphic tablets
Bluetooth adaptors
USB hubs
Laptop routers/Cards
Photo papers/printing papers
CD stompers

this is a very good business idea even i am excited  grin not that you can't tell already from my list  grin
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by ishmael(m): 7:07am On Aug 17, 2006
Seun and Lover bwoy, I thank you guys. At least now i know where to start from and the items to get for a start. Remain blessed.
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by globalaid(m): 3:53am On Sep 04, 2006
I am based in China and will be in Lagos by the middle of this month, if you need accessories at wholesale prices you can contact me and i will supply all what you need and all my goods are always comes with at least one year guarantee, if anything happens to whatever you buy before that period i will either replace or repair it.
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by jesuseun1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2006
2BRAND NEW DELL LAPTOP 4SALE @135K EACH

I HAVE 2 BRAND NEW DELL INSPIRON LAP TOPS FOR SALE AT AN UNBELIEVABLE PRICE OF 135K EACH,HERE ARE THE

FEATURES

*I.76GHZ
*512 MB, 60GB
*WIRELESS LAN
*15.4'' VGA
* HP HOME ,MULTI MEDIA ,COM PORT

INTERESTED BUYER SHOULD CALL MEDUA ON O8035359553 0R EMAIL: medua74@yahoo.com,adeagbo_seun@yahoo.com
HURRY NOW! Spread the NEWS
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by okeywax(m): 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2006
Ishmael, I am in the computer business. You may want to talk to me before you start. Send me a mail at: allwell27@yahoo.com
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by scribe(m): 4:53pm On Sep 06, 2006
My brother, you need to be careful with this business. As lucrative as the business is. There are some pitfalls. The unstable exchange rate and the speed at which the prices of computer components fall makes it a business that requires careful studies and right connection to good suppliers.

Else, you might end up buying components that you cannot even sell at the original cost price. Getting educated by a genuine businessman who is already doing well in this business might be a better way to start than asking question in this forum. Of course you might meet someone online too. I wish you well.
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by Salamv: 8:52am On Jan 14, 2007
Dear globalaid ,

I would like to get your e-mail address.

regards,

Abdul salam
High-Tech Computers, Saudi arabia,
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by jenny2007(f): 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2007
globalaid, you say you're based in china. i've been trying to get contacts in china for enquiries relating to trading from china mainland. i trade at the moment from dubai - nigeria, ghana, ivory coast and benin republic.
At the moment i'm trying to get conacts for manufacturers of hair accessories in china. I got some information at the chinese embassy here and i've just found out that most of the manufacturers are in china mainland. the products price starts from $7 per piece for human hair products. can you give me some advice on where to get the same items of the same quality, but at cheaper rates.

i sent you an email too
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by olivecash: 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
I have brand new HP 17" LCD screen for 20000 interested buyer should call 07033786092
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by palvee4now: 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
So much thanks to you, Seun and Loverbwoy. I appreciate your contributions.
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by Kingrshd: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2019
thanks a lot guys for youtube ideas
Re: Small Computer Accessories Business by airminem(f): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Seun:
You need to start with consumables like:
- Toner and Ink cartridges and refill kits.
- Recordable and Rewritable CDs and DVDs.

You should also stock PC parts that often need replacement:
- Hard disks.
- CD-ROM and DVD Drives.
- Keyboards.
- Mice (or is it mouses? grin)

Finally, you should get PC accessories used to upgrade systems:
- SDRAM and DDRAM memory modules.
- PC Speakers and headsets.

That's what I think you need for a small scale computer accessory business.
wink

(1) (Reply)

Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? / Funny/unrealistic Terms Used By Information Marketers / Haojue Lucky Motorcycle HJ110-2 Front Basket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.