Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,928 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! (25091 Views)

Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply / The Mace: A Weapon Of Power / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by lilmax(m): 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Missmossy:
There is a reason for that lipsrsealed
what's the reason?
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by macb2k: 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

The country produces less than 4000 MW and the whole place starts getting lights up ? So where the electricity coming from ?
i wish u knw what 4000mw is
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by cy4cent(f): 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
In Benin city ugbowo area precisely we have not had light since 30/12/2014,it just came this morning,n wen my friend from irrua (Tony Annenih's area) called me this morning he said they have not had For 4days also!!
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
SleekyGee:
well in my own area in lagos we usually have light from 9pm-9am

it isn't fair oo angry cry

I live in the same lagos, Karimu street ojuelegba to be precise and WE USUALLY ENJOY 24hrs electricity supply here.

Its off now but I'm 100% sure it will soon come on.

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
D comments I c here are shocking!! Do u mean dis is a regular occurrence every DEC Nd d op is noticing it 4 d 1st tym?? Hw cum nobody is shouting clueless hea?? D truth is dea are sum Ppl DAT sincerely wish things would get worse, dea are sum Ppl DAT wake up everyday hoping dey would hea sum bad news so dey can start preaching CHANGE, Buh Buhari would av to mit sum things on ground b4 he can perform na.. If u really wish for ur country to get worse so DAT buhari can b President den I don't think u would av any problem beating up corpers Nd inec personnel or even PDP supporters if he loses.
Of a truth

#9jaOnTheBrink

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Hyinkar97(m): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
In my area, 10 hours a week is the longest we've had undecided

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by abes(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

The country produces less than 4000 MW and the whole place starts getting lights up ? So where the electricity coming from ?

It's called "Robbing Peter to pay Paul".

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Joythah(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here in Benin... Areas where politicians and big business men live have 20 hrs of power supply while areas populated by Lecturers, university workers have 4 hrs. The areas populated by traders and low income earners have 1 or 0 hrs per day.
BEDC is neck deep in debt so they give light to areas where they can serve huge bills. Funke Osibodu... Dere is Goduuuooo
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by cooltobex(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
malachytochukwu:
I am based in Portharcourt, Rivers State, I am greatly surprised that there could be 24hrs of power supply in this country. Even in Transamadi where I stay, we hardly have power supply for 12hrs at a stretch! Here is different! We all complain when there is no power supply and I feel it will not be wise enough to keep queit now we have been having light 24hrs/day consecutively for 8days except for on the 30th that power supply was ceased for few hours. You may be wondering where in Nigeria this great thing is happening. It is in a village called Obollo Nkwo in Udenu LGA of Enugu State. I wish there could be a way to prove this claim, unfortunately, there isn't any. I am sorry but that's the truth. I hope there has been an improvement inpower supply in other parts of this great nation, especially where you are. May God bless whoever is responsible for this and may he/she encounter constant supply of God's blessing through out 2015. I wish you constant power supply too if you are not having one currently. Hit like if there has been an improvement in power supply in your area.

I live somewhere in Lagos' capital city and for nearly over a week now, we have been enjoying between 18 - 21 hours of power daily. That's some upturn in fortune! Kudos to them! Though today, them no wan give us light!

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Missmossy(f): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
lilmax:
what's the reason?
The obvious one, GEJ lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by claremont(m): 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
It's a shame really that in this day and age, Nigerians are rejoicing simply because they are now enjoying something as basic as a constant supply of electricity. It shows how low our aspirations as a people are, that we rejoice for something that most countries at our level of development take for granted.

Nigerians deserve the leaders they get.

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by bondingman: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
Where I stay power has improved tremendously; between 20 - 23 hrs everyday, n I think we're beginning to c d reforms in the power sector.
Power supply is more complex than people think, constant power has to come from a sync of power generation, transmission n distribution. We're gradually getting there.
Thats y I advocate for continuity with GEJ otherwise a new government will abolish all reforms n start from squareA.
Vote GEJ for a better Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by bot101(m): 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

Our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... So what the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because his village is experiencing some good supply of power.

look at it this way. someone steals ur birthright, another recovers it. what do you do, do you not thank he who recovered it for you?. ungrateful element.

6 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Decryptor(m): 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
Same here. Constant power without interupption for the past 1 week. Reporting from Apo in Abuja. GEJ is working

3 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
fun4:
HerE in Otuasega CommuniTY in Bayelsa state goes for between 18 to 20hrs a day since 29th of December to this very now.

Quite an improvement from hardly 3hrs a day previously.

Who knows maybe our protest here worked coupled with the state assembly summoning and quizzing of the PhEDC management in Yenagoa.

Someone talking wif sense, Itz up to ur state govt to ensure proper distribution by d company.. D way we are going I don't think 9jerians even want change.. cos Goodluck despite d BH setback is really an agent of change
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by redcliff: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

So our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... angry

What the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because power supply has improved in some parts of the nation, while some areas are still in the Dark ages.

Constant power supply is our right..... Since the op has opened a thread rejoicing over power supply, he might as well open a thread thanking the government for his life, for the spaghetti he ate this morning, and for allowing him impregnate his wife as many times as possible without any restrictions whatsoever.... angry

The first post ive liked in lets say one year!
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by bondingman: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
claremont:
It's a shame really that in this day and age, Nigerians are rejoicing simply because they are now enjoying something as basic as a constant supply of electricity. It shows how low our aspirations as a people are, that we rejoice for something that most countries at our level of development take for granted.

In d history of Nigeria no govt. has given us constant power, now we're moving towards it shouldn't we rejoice? Don't get your point?
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by dOnLarich: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
I relocate to ma village on the 15th of october 2014 n till now have not experience any blackout.. Be like say BECD don forget ma village

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by DaBullIT(m): 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
malachytochukwu:
I am based in Portharcourt, Rivers State, I am greatly surprised that there could be 24hrs of power supply in this country. Even in Transamadi where I stay, we hardly have power supply for 12hrs at a stretch! Here is different! We all complain when there is no power supply and I feel it will not be wise enough to keep queit now we have been having light 24hrs/day consecutively for 8days except for on the 30th that power supply was ceased for few hours. You may be wondering where in Nigeria this great thing is happening. It is in a village called Obollo Nkwo in Udenu LGA of Enugu State. I wish there could be a way to prove this claim, unfortunately, there isn't any. I am sorry but that's the truth. I hope there has been an improvement inpower supply in other parts of this great nation, especially where you are. May God bless whoever is responsible for this and may he/she encounter constant supply of God's blessing through out 2015. I wish you constant power supply too if you are not having one currently. Hit like if there has been an improvement in power supply in your area.

[size=15pt]
As at 1:25 PM January 2 2015 , 34 people out [ by malachytochukwu. 84 posts & 2457 views. 1:28pm ] thinks power has improved

That's -F9* In your area power may have improved , not everywhere , it not enough to use to campaign angry[/size]
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by najoke: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

Gbam....and they come here making all sort of noise, saying GEJ till blah..blah..blah

And this made FP shocked
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by adaweezy(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
No Light in Ojokoro (lagos) for four days now
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by thiefnubu(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
bot101:

look at it this way. someone steals ur birthright, another recovers it. what do you do, do you not thank he who recovered it for you?. ungrateful element.

Who stole it?

Who recovered it?

Please explain, with diagrams, charts, and dates where necessary undecided

It is because of people like you that politicians in this country will keep taking the citizenry for granted....

Anyway, hapi new year grin
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by vexing(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Where I stay in Ogba, I hav been having regular supply of light for d past 1yr, some time we hav light 20 hrs in a day, sometime 48 hrs stretch of light. I travelled to kaduna for the xmas (kakuri g.r.a.) and through out d xmas and new year period there hav been constant light. I hope it can be replicated all over d country

2 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by bondingman: 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
bbello28:
No be only ur area... Even here in osun state... Dz is d 6th day without power outage

Apc grin
I beg u its d GEJ power reforms that's bringing about this, don't vote in a new party now they'll reverse this reforms n plunge us back to d dark. Let's continue with GEJ n c d whole country have constant/close to constant power by 2019.

3 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by cooltobex(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
claremont:

Excuse me, I (speaking for myself) totally understand where we should be viz-a-viz our natural and human endowments, but we should acknowledge improvement! If you complain when it's bad, commend when it's good!

2 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by scampy(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
Peterken05:
Its been four weeks without electricity in my area, camp, eleweran, obantoko, asero in abeokuta.

bro, it's been more than four weeks here in Camp/Osiele.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by bot101(m): 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

hahaha, actually in my part of enugu(monaque ave), we've been having up to 20 hrs of light since november.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Veckylord(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here in ihiagwa owerri we have been enjoy 18-20hrs a day
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Veckylord(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
Up nepa they just brought it back nna eeh light don impove Here in ihiagwa owerri we have been enjoying 18-20hrs a day
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by mamdanju: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here in Minna in Dutsen Kura for more than 5 months now it has been 4 hours morning, 4 hours night. So no improvement even for christmass
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by adaweezy(m): 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
Where una dey see this light....
meanwhile those that dont have light cant come online to say no, we dont ve light

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife For Sleeping With Native Doctor !! / Top 7 Organisations Nigerians Can't Do Without Bashing / Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.