Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! (25101 Views)

Crazy Bills Everywhere Despite No Regular Power Supply / The Mace: A Weapon Of Power / Opinion Poll- How Regular Is The Power Supply In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Badosqi(m): 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
LEOSIRSIR:
Light have been on in my area from the 24 of last year till now in my area In Osogbo Osun state. #stillcountingdays
Same here in osogbo. Well it is a norm for ppl in osun especially ppl in osogbo to enjoy constant 24 hours light. Sorry for people in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by dguizman(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
anonimi:

Not to worry. They may just be testing their system before giving you full blast.
hmmmm....I hear o
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by obayaya(m): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
malachytochukwu:
I am based in Portharcourt, Rivers State, I am greatly surprised that there could be 24hrs of power supply in this country. Even in Transamadi where I stay, we hardly have power supply for 12hrs at a stretch! Here is different! We all complain when there is no power supply and I feel it will not be wise enough to keep queit now we have been having light 24hrs/day consecutively for 8days except for on the 30th that power supply was ceased for few hours. You may be wondering where in Nigeria this great thing is happening. It is in a village called Obollo Nkwo in Udenu LGA of Enugu State. I wish there could be a way to prove this claim, unfortunately, there isn't any. I am sorry but that's the truth. I hope there has been an improvement inpower supply in other parts of this great nation, especially where you are. May God bless whoever is responsible for this and may he/she encounter constant supply of God's blessing through out 2015. I wish you constant power supply too if you are not having one currently. Hit like if there has been an improvement in power supply in your area.

You are not alone bro...

I'm witnessing the same thing here in Ekwegbe in Igbo Etiti LGA of Enugu State...

we've not touched the 50 litres of petrol we bought for Xmas on the 22nd

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by sinorte: 5:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
SleekyGee:
well in my own area in lagos we usually have light from 9pm-9am

it isn't fair oo angry cry

Are you guys on a night plan subscription?

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by beedemmie(f): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thank God you said in a village, it has been happening like that in my village since God knows when. But for town, omo no light for days, may be 8 hours (max) in a week. The light they will use in 10 hours in a town/city may last them for 1 month in a village. This is Nigeria
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Muzikluva(m): 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
In Osun state,its 24hrs.they hardly take it off and when they do,they restore it in a very short while_sumtyms I get tayad of the light.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by gp6liveth(m): 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
malachytochukwu:
I am based in Portharcourt, Rivers State, I am greatly surprised that there could be 24hrs of power supply in this country. Even in Transamadi where I stay, we hardly have power supply for 12hrs at a stretch! Here is different! We all complain when there is no power supply and I feel it will not be wise enough to keep queit now we have been having light 24hrs/day consecutively for 8days except for on the 30th that power supply was ceased for few hours. You may be wondering where in Nigeria this great thing is happening. It is in a village called Obollo Nkwo in Udenu LGA of Enugu State. I wish there could be a way to prove this claim, unfortunately, there isn't any. I am sorry but that's the truth. I hope there has been an improvement inpower supply in other parts of this great nation, especially where you are. May God bless whoever is responsible for this and may he/she encounter constant supply of God's blessing through out 2015. I wish you constant power supply too if you are not having one currently. Hit like if there has been an improvement in power supply in your area.

Come to Wilberforce Island in Amassoma, Bayelsa state you will be begging them to put off the light because you have utilized it enuf. God bless GEJ for privatizing it.

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
Lol congratulations?
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
what r u saying. come to akoko Edo you will forget u in Nigeria. no power failure for weeks

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by gp6liveth(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

So our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... angry

What the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because power supply has improved in some parts of the nation, while some areas are still in the Dark ages.

Constant power supply is our right..... Since the op has opened a thread rejoicing over power supply, he might as well open a thread thanking the government for his life, for the spaghetti he ate this morning, and for allowing him impregnate his wife as many times as possible without any restrictions whatsoever.... angry

This guy is a castrated being. And I believe he is from the APC divide. The northern leaders kept us in bondage for more than 30 years knowing fully well that we need to enjoy our birthright (light) but they refused to let us enjoy it. A man that was without shoe from a small village called Otueke came to transform and clear the rubbish we have been given to feed on and some gullible human being is reminding us that is our birth right instead of him to appreciate the good works. God bless Ebele Jonathan Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by esosa4real(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
obamartins:
18 hours a day, here at Central Road, Benin City. Airport road and Sapele road up to 20hours. There is an improvement because i bought PMS worth 500 i haven't exhaust it for a week now. More of the turbines are coming upstream n power generation is improving.

But Bros that light na rubbish na...nor be central wey dem dey do 3hrs rotation? when compared 2 b4 Benin city had one of the best power supply in the south! Don't know what went wrong! The 3hrs on and off seems 2 be all over d city now!
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by pussypounder(m): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Lived in Russia for 8 years, now in Nigeria serving in Lagos, where i stay at isheri is 7hours in 2days or sometimes 4days without light. Enjoyed 8 years uninterrupted light abroad now back home experiencing this rubbish. Thinking of going to cotonou to live and driving to lagos everyday when i start work because i heard light there is 24/7
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Brightology2(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Here in okada(igbenedion uni) edo state.we hv been enjoying morethan 20hr power supply eveyday
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Xfemt(m): 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
Watin de do this wan be say for otokutu(warri) delta state we de get light for 1 month with out say e de blink and u de here say u see light for 1 week u de shout... My guy it not new to me oh
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by emmalezy(m): 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2015
Since christmas the power supply in my hood in ifako ijaiye local govt lagos has been stable!! Phcn never take am 4 one seconds!!

Bleep GEJ haters..
He has provided power ooo
Haterz hug transformer

Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by femikay149(m): 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
nigerians ehn 225hrs of power supply you are celebrating

i wont join in the celebration until we ve minimum 18hrs power supply daily for 6months
..i mean constant for six months then i will hail any1 in charge

we ve experienced all these things in the past just to deceive us ...next thing it the next month is worse than before

#ourmumudondo

By the way na our right to have power so y should i thank any1
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Maccoy1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

The country produces less than 4000 MW and the whole place starts getting lights up ? So where the electricity coming from ?
you must be a mad man who hate progress, your among the people who want to take nigeria back to the dark era controlled by the born to rule vagabon, who told you nigeria is still producing 4000 mw...if you listened to the news lately you'll discover that 9ja has been rising up to 6000mega watt...i wonder why people are too daft to notice that when ever you criticise others ur indirectly telling people the kinda person you are....if the northerns had kept adding or improving the amount of power we produce while they we're in power we'll be talking of 30,000mega watts by now...assuming Apc had endorse fashola i would have voted him in because am a living witness of what he has done in lag..if not the corruption tarnishing his image 'll give him 100%...GEJ TILL 2019..
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by ikorodureporta: 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
Na true, but...................make we see bill first b4 any celebratn
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by petekayo(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
they are really trying now. here in shasha lagos we are enjoying light for about 18-22 hours a day kudos to GEJ
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by rasco2000me: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
Do not jubilate u we suffer for light is becos many people as travel from that area it happen in my area in apo abuja
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by NosaHenry(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
moneyspeaking:
Benin city ikpoba hill, we have not had light in 4 days

I am really envious, in Benin Ikpoba hill Agbor road PHCN has not blinked light for the past one week. We consumer more fuel than water embarassed
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by sexyeyes(f): 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
Am not enjoying light in my area, too bad
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Fourwinds: 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
SleekyGee:
well in my own area in lagos we usually have light from 9pm-9am

it isn't fair oo angry cry
add up all d hours and multiply by d number of days u will may get d 225 hours OP is talking about
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Bezed(m): 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
about 22 hours of constant power at new heaven area in enugu... while I've not seen them take light since I got to nsukka about 4 days now and counting ....
and then It's almost constant in dawaki extention of FCT
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by tasland(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Peterken05:
Its been four weeks without electricity in my area, camp, eleweran, obantoko, asero in abeokuta.

dnt mind em jareee we hardly enjoy electricity in my area(igbore in abeokuta) atleast 3hours a day which i̶̲̥̅̊s too bad sumday we won't even see lite for complete 2days
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by abbeywasc(m): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
why do nigerians think power is a social service? not everything that has govt partivipation is a social service or should be free. govt takes responsibility of power becos of the huge investment involved yet some pple blame d govt while being guilty of bypassing meters, energy theft and non-payment of their bills. how do u expect govt to increase generation?
that being said, for those rejoicin at the seemingly improvement in power, rejoice not. nigeria needs nothing less than 15000MW of power to have any semblance of stability yet has an installed capacity of arnd 4000MW. this is even being bedevilled by erratic gas supply, so dont give kudos when not due.
what really happens is dt some areas will enjoy light more dn odas becos dey either pay dia bills on time, have good distribution systems or have high energy consumers(factories, banks, brewries etc). i tnk dose who live in such area can attest to that.
power has nw been privatised, lets all ensure dt we report dose who steal energy or other misconducts so dt ds companies can get money to re-invest. till then, i'll keep my Generating set warm
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by tigonana: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
All dis light una dey share diaris God,I Dey abeokuta 4 saraki no light since a week now,eehn issokay.I dey look gej 4 dis 2015.
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by Sajio(m): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Kudos to Gej... sincerely speaking, the light has improved a bit here in Kwale delta state... but I would like Gej to monitor the private sector(power) cos the woman in charge of our distribution line does not want to work.... one funke like dt... else we would have been enjoying light like d aforementioned places.... though ts better dan b4 sha.. Gej till 2019....
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by sugarboimaxy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tinubu:
This is what happens when people start seeing their birthright as a privilege undecided

I weep for Nigeria embarassed

So our country has become so politically and economically sodomized, that its citizens can no longer distinguish 'basic amenities' from privileges.... angry

What the op wants us to do in this new year, is to roll out the drums and dance in the market-square because power supply has improved in some parts of the nation, while some areas are still in the Dark ages.
LWKMD!!!

Constant power supply is our right..... Since the op has opened a thread rejoicing over power supply, he might as well open a thread thanking the government for his life, for the spaghetti he ate this morning, and for allowing him impregnate his wife as many times as possible without any restrictions whatsoever.... angry

Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by ATribeCalledBen(m): 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Y'all must be joking.

The country produces less than 4000 MW and the whole place starts getting lights up ? So where the electricity coming from ?
dis 1 no b joke ooo even in my place in rivers state nt portharcourt though I can boost of 20hrs power supply in a day
Re: 225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! by abdulll6afh(m): 12:06am On Jan 03, 2015
I don't know when nigerian people will Become wise enough just becouse you see 24hour light iN ten days that why you are happy and saying that jonathan is working hard for the nation . Let me ask you have you go to 36 state and see 24hour light don't even. Talk about 774 local govements. Nigeria supose to pass any african countrY interms of light But due to wickedness of p d p our light will naver be stable and you have to know that any election time they used to give light and water so that you will vote for them after electing them you will naver see stable light and water change we want only god go punish jona

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Kills Wife For Sleeping With Native Doctor !! / Top 7 Organisations Nigerians Can't Do Without Bashing / Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.