Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers (25880 Views)

A Nigerian Web Developer Develops A Product To Beat Google Pull Service. / WOW!... This 7 Years Old From Kenya Develops Mobile App / OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by idnole4(m): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2015
ndnuray:
Lols

Same thing happened to my system (window 8.1). Almost everything is gone: explorer, skype etc. Lesson learnt.
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by ndnuray(m): 8:34am On Jan 05, 2015
idnole4:

Same thing happened to my system (window 8.1). Almost everything is gone: explorer, skype etc. Lesson learnt.
Omo na be say dat one no be antivirus ooooo grin...what do u expect from a local developer...
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by Tekkyboy(m): 9:57am On Jan 05, 2015
lol,well its a welcome development in the ict field
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by idnole4(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
ndnuray:
Omo na be say dat one no be antivirus ooooo grin...what do u expect from a local developer...

It needs further development, I would say. Did you fix yours? I'm thinking of formatting and reloading window 8 os when I've the time. I just don't want it to get in my ways now. lol.
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by ndnuray(m): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
I didn't even take the risk...
idnole4:

It needs further development, I would say. Did you fix yours? I'm thinking of formatting and reloading window 8 os when I've the time. I just don't want it to get in my ways now. lol.
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by SOLARPOWER1(f): 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
drsteroid:

Source:www.unibenblog.com

Greatest uniben student...... REPRESENTING
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by gbadaniyi(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
This tool is a crap it delete all my useful program
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by Kinolas(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
nice initiative
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by davidigomanel: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
I luv this work. These I are the good news we want to hear from our under graduate not flogging the Internet with their nudity. Keep it up.
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Greatest UNIBEN!
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pls, the "SCAN" button is not meant for scanning ur local drive(Csmiley.
Its meant for removable drives like memory card, flash drives, etc that has been corrupted by virus. It recovers hidden files in the drive caused by shortcut viruses and delete any shortcut that references cmd.exe along side .vbs script.
it also removes all autorun.inf and any .config file in the root folder of the directory of the removable disk.

If there is a virus on ur pc, just install and run the application and it would remove it from ur pc. The idea is to save users from scanning their system every time there is a threat as it monitor ur pc for u while the application is running. If a virus is found in ur registry, it gets the virus file path and deletes it from both pc(mostly in the temp folder or startup folder) and the registry.
Check log to see deleted virus......

How to recover shortcuts, if u scanned ur local drive:
Go to
1. C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)
2. Enter App folder u wanna restore shortcut eg (Mozilla Firefox) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
3. Select the executable file(.exe) and right click eg (firefox.exe) then click "create shortcut"
u'll get a notification saying windows cannot place shortcut here place on desktop, click here and now ur done.

for windows 8 user, do the above and the following to add shortcuts back to windows 8 (Live tiles)
1. Copy the shortcut ur've now placed on ur desktop to the following directory.
2. "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs " and it will be added back to ur windows 8 start menu.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
i'll be dropping and update based on ur feed back tomorrow or next i'll put the download link here.
Bug on (Window 7) and other updates will be made.
Scanning local drive will be disabled.

pls drop complaint and feedback here.... i'll follow up on it
Thank u

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by Muyadek(m): 1:47am On Jan 07, 2015
It does not run on my system joo
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by Muyadek(m): 4:01am On Jan 07, 2015
av retried it and it works perfectly but the the problem is that it has emptied all my program file in the search box and the desktop. please, how may i go about it? thank you very much.
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by chiangyokay: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
IamRoboPhil:
Pls, the "SCAN" button is not meant for scanning ur local drive(Csmiley.
Its meant for removable drives like memory card, flash drives, etc that has been corrupted by virus. It recovers hidden files in the drive caused by shortcut viruses and delete any shortcut that references cmd.exe along side .vbs script.
it also removes all autorun.inf and any .config file in the root folder of the directory of the removable disk.

If there is a virus on ur pc, just install and run the application and it would remove it from ur pc. The idea is to save users from scanning their system every time there is a threat as it monitor ur pc for u while the application is running. If a virus is found in ur registry, it gets the virus file path and deletes it from both pc(mostly in the temp folder or startup folder) and the registry.
Check log to see deleted virus......

How to recover shortcuts, if u scanned ur local drive:
Go to
1. C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)
2. Enter App folder u wanna restore shortcut eg (Mozilla Firefox) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
3. Select the executable file(.exe) and right click eg (firefox.exe) then click "create shortcut"
u'll get a notification saying windows cannot place shortcut here place on desktop, click here and now ur done.

for windows 8 user, do the above and the following to add shortcuts back to windows 8 (Live tiles)
1. Copy the shortcut ur've now placed on ur desktop to the following directory.
2. "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs " and it will be added back to ur windows 8 start menu.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
i'll be dropping and update based on ur feed back tomorrow or next i'll put the download link here.
Bug on (Window 7) and other updates will be made.
Scanning local drive will be disabled.

pls drop complaint and feedback here.... i'll follow up on it
Thank u

Kudos to you!!! Lol

Hummm, i make viruses myself and ummm, your antivirus seems To be the least of my worries.

Nice try tho...
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by chiangyokay: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
PenSoftCorp:

which RAT be that, avast wey dey detect darkcomet, maybe u didnt try it with the latest avast, abeg u fit pm me the crypter u dey use or make i pm u for facebook

i use HC Crypter buh a modified version
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by favouryemmy: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
IamRoboPhil:
Am sorry about that.
But i think u are exaggerating on what happened.
First of all, as i mentioned in one of the read me file in the zip, ur not meant to scan ur local drive as the antivirus maintains (2)two threads that monitors
1. all running process
2. ur registry files.
It scans all running process(every 120 sec) and ur registry if it was updated/every (1 hr) and on app launch

And if u scanned ur local drive as said, the only thing lost wud b shortcuts on ur desktop, not uninstalling all ur apps as stated, pls retract.
i'll disable this in the next update.
its an opens source project on my github page(github.com/robophil), all contribution both positive and negative is appreciated. thanks, i'll keep in touch on this thread..
programmers in the house,review and contribution to this project would be highly appreciate..
thanks u all
Mr Robosoft, I appreciate your ingenuity in developing this software. However,
1. The phone numbers you gave in the software are always not available. I need your new number.
2. I scanned my system and it told me it deleted 464 threats. What would it actually delete, I hope not my files?
3. Does it mean I shouldn't scan my C: drive with it again?
4. I've restored the deleted shortcuts.
5. Do I need to delete the previous antivirus I have from my system?
Re: Uniben Student Develops Antivirus Software For Computers by jmslimx(m): 2:44am On Jan 30, 2015
My trojan has no different signatures because its on virustotal and its an old part of my junk which i havent don any encryption on ... changing the alg and asm ... so it should detect thats why i said so

SamIkenna:

That's because your trojan has a different signature.

Writing a virus and its antidote (ant-virus) is more like crafting a screw and screwdriver. The real ingenuity is in crafting a screwdriver that fits all screws, or at the very least, fits over 95% of all known screws.

I'm happy that, at least, the Uniben guy is showing some promise. However, what's shocking is the degree to which a good chunk of NLers and Nigerians almost immediately went into celebratory mode over the said 'Ultimate Anti-Virus.'

In fact, if you've written a device driver or any program that handles interrupts/exceptions then you have actually written a virus - but that's a matter for a different day.

At any rate, I wish the guy luck. At least he's far better than a CS grad student in one of the so-called prestigious universities in Nigeria who told me he's never coded a line in his life, yet he holds a Baccalaureate degree in CS and about to bag masters in same discipline from same institution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / Are You Interested In Robotics And Artificial Intelligence? / Alx Software Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.