Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? (3554 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Ogoanita(f): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,,,,,, let me start by saying a glorious happy new year to you all, yea back to the topic, am here to know your opinions pertaining which handcraft is better for a university undergraduate, and a female @ that,,, something real good that can add a value to ones life, waiting for your comment and opinions tnx.
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by aadetoyin(f): 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ur choice of craft should be based on ur interest, what U love doing.

2 Likes

Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Rennerglo: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Cake making, it sells alot
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by okirewaju(f): 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Make up
Beadmaking
Hairdressing
Tailoring
Photography
Designing

It all boils down to your interest, what might be best to you might not be best to another. So your choice counts
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Ogoanita(f): 9:19am On Jan 05, 2015
okirewaju:
Make up
Beadmaking
Hairdressing
Tailoring
Photography
Designing

It all boils down to your interest, what might be best to you might not be best to another. So your choice counts
ok tnx
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Ogoanita(f): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2015
Rennerglo:
Cake making, it sells alot
but is cake making under catering services?
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Onegai(f): 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
Too many people are doing all of that. With more saturation, prices fall. The truth is that when people want to spend their hard-earned money, they would rather go to a pro (Cakes n Cream instead of that chick in your office who bakes, BMPro instead of that girl down the street who does makeup on the weekend, a good tailor/design house after one has been disappointed by the N2,000 tailor in your area, etc).

Which one interests you the most? Like which 2 can you see yourself talking about for an hour?

My sister loved sewing, but couldn't see herself making clothes (the whole Nigeria was doing it and not particularly well). So she started sewing curtains. The difference between her and others is that she has excellent taste and keeps herself well-informed, so you're getting above the regular Naija stuff (she can look at your room, discuss furnishing and lighting and recommend a window treatment, send you images of ideas, swatches and suggestion of fabrics). She's doing well, she has students and teaches a class at the local community college near here. The Dining table linen she sewed and embroidered for us, everyone assumed we went to a shop to buy it. If I compare her to the guy who did my curtains (whom I had to go to market and suggest fabric, choose my fabric, all he did was come and measure my window, he couldn't advise what colours to go for), I know whom I will pay another time to do my curtains.

So figure out what interests you and go for it AND DO IT WELL, BETTER THAN OTHERS. I'm a crafter and an artist myself and now that I'm swinging into a new phase of my life, I'm planning on doing more.
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Ogoanita(f): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
Onegai:
Too many people are doing all of that. With more saturation, prices fall. The truth is that when people want to spend their hard-earned money, they would rather go to a pro (Cakes n Cream instead of that chick in your office who bakes, BMPro instead of that girl down the street who does makeup on the weekend, a good tailor/design house after one has been disappointed by the N2,000 tailor in your area, etc).

Which one interests you the most? Like which 2 can you see yourself talking about for an hour?

My sister loved sewing, but couldn't see herself making clothes (the whole Nigeria was doing it and not particularly well). So she started sewing curtains. The difference between her and others is that she has excellent taste and keeps herself well-informed, so you're getting above the regular Naija stuff (she can look at your room, discuss furnishing and lighting and recommend a window treatment, send you images of ideas, swatches and suggestion of fabrics). She's doing well, she has students and teaches a class at the local community college near here. The Dining table linen she sewed and embroidered for us, everyone assumed we went to a shop to buy it. If I compare her to the guy who did my curtains (whom I had to go to market and suggest fabric, choose my fabric, all he did was come and measure my window, he couldn't advise what colours to go for), I know whom I will pay another time to do my curtains.

So figure out what interests you and go for it AND DO IT WELL, BETTER THAN OTHERS. I'm a crafter and an artist myself and now that I'm swinging into a new phase of my life, I'm planning on doing more.
dear as if you are right in my mind, am looking for that craft that is unique you know, not something that every body is doing, tnx for your opinion, i got a nice idea from that
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by JustCurious: 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Machine/Hand Knitting is another exciting craft. You could make your own knit wears, train others..wink

1 Like

Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Onegai(f): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2015
Go online and look for crafts to do. I went to speak to those Basket weavers at Mende, they can charge N20,000 for a year of study. Imagine selling your handwork for N3,500 upwards, you can even supply decor companies and do new designs and styles.

1 Like

Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Sweetmarriage: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2015
Ogoanita:
Hello Nairalanders,,,,,, let me start by saying a glorious happy new year to you all, yea back to the topic, am here to know your opinions pertaining which handcraft is better for a university undergraduate, and a female @ that,,, something real good that can add a value to ones life, waiting for your comment and opinions tnx.

Helo dear. I will post your question to our facebook community page. On facebook, just search for Nigerian Papalette, that's our page.
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Ogoanita(f): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
Sweetmarriage:

Helo dear. I will post your question to our facebook community page. On facebook, just search for Nigerian Papalette, that's our page.
kiss
Sweetmarriage:

ok pls do will search for your page
Re: Which Handcraft Is The Best? ??? by Ogoanita(f): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
Onegai:
Go online and look for crafts to do. I went to speak to those Basket weavers at Mende, they can charge N20,000 for a year of study. Imagine selling your handwork for N3,500 upwards, you can even supply decor companies and do new designs and styles.
wow sounds cool,

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Court Dissolves 8 Months Old Marriage Over Mother-in-law’s Harassment / Do Wedding Rings Have To Be Gold Or Can They Be Silver? / Do You Remember This Cartoon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.