Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? (14218 Views)

Money Or Love: Which Is More Important In A Relationship? / Success Or Love, Which Is More Important?. / To Fall In Love Or Fall Out Of Love Which Is Easier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2005
I have seen crack addicts and i have seen lovers and i don't know which relationship, is more lasting.

People have been using cocaine for decades, and people have been married for decades, but which relationship really lasts the test of time? Share your views.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by vexxy(f): 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2005
I would have to say more lasting would be the married couple. I say this because one overdose of crack will kill you and then the relationship will come to an end. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2005
But even with an overdose that coke relationship will last to the very end!
Til death to us part. One could argue that, overdosing is the end to a successful relationship.
People would say he/she died doing what they did best! tongue

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by vexxy(f): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2005
L.O.L. I guess you have a point about that! But I don't know how one could define a relationship with coke a successful one. It kills you and it hurts those around you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2005
vexxy:

L.O.L. I guess you have a point about that! But I don't know how one could define a relationship with coke a successful one. It kills you and it hurts those around you. undecided

First love is also painful, some women love abusive partners, criminals, soldiers (Mr. Die Any Day) and natural born bastards!
Second the people around you may hate your lover I.E. Romeo & Juliet. It happens!
Definition of successful coke addiction: When the addict is satisfied by a fix, and has the will/cash to get more.
You'll have to do better than that! tongue

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by vexxy(f): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2005
Hum, you're right. I gave a weak answer. Leave it to you to challenge me tongue

Ok, let's try this again:

You're right, love is painful. I doubt that women loving abusive partners, criminals, and soldiers make it so.

Abusive partners: It may start off by the abusive person wooing the pants of the victim. False love, false hope, false character. Not real. Then the woman may end up becoming attached more than in love. They are fooled by what they think is love as opposed to what love really is.

Criminals: Anyone can be a criminal. What kind are you talking about? Someone who was arrested for stealing food when his mom was hungry is considered a criminal. It does no harm to love this person. Even some who were once hard core criminals but have since become rehabilitated are better than crack.

Soldiers: There is no reason not to love a soldier, just as there is no reason not to love a police officer. They both put themselves in harms way because they have the bravery and courage to do so. To want to help others. Noble act.

You're right about people around you hating your lover. But crack (as I've seen it played out in the lives and families of a few of my closest friends) hurt those around you because they know what the drug does. It forces you to steal, you lose your teeth, weight, common sense. You stop caring about everyone around you (even in some cases your own children). You lose jobs, respect, and put yourself in the way of being able to catch AIDS (if needle sharing is done). This hurts those around you and even you more than people just "hating" who you're with due to their own prejudice.

How am I doing so far? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by hotangel2(f): 4:14am On Oct 01, 2005
L.O.L. I know some people fall in love with abusive partners, criminals, soldiers (Mr. Die Any Day) and natural born bastards! But those people also need love. Dont u think?

Anyways, i think patners that use crack often have long lasting relationship. They both know they have some madness. They will fight almost everyday.. but i have come to notice that, they reconcile fast and move on. You may think this is weird.. but it's true. When you/you and your patner/your patner is using crack.. u find out that both of u have this connection that says we r gonna be together for life.. because u'll be think s/he likes me for who i am. Not criticizing me for smoking crack... U just feel as if u cant find anyone like s/he.

Do i make sense?

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by WesleyanA(f): 6:29am On Oct 01, 2005
no you don't.

what if one of them get sentenced to life. don't you think that relationship is gone and done?
what if they get so high one day and during one of their fights one physically injures the other severly. i don't think reconciliation (if i spelled that right) will be easy.

what you just said is probably what you see in movies but reality is very diff.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 6:33am On Oct 01, 2005
Look, right now i am severely drunk. i had a great time and i don't know =why i am on this stupid computer? Oh yeah i am trying to stay awake! for early morning shopping! peace, love and apologies to those that deserve them!

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by WesleyanA(f): 6:37am On Oct 01, 2005
i hope you didn't beat up your wife yet.  smiley

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 6:40am On Oct 01, 2005
I'm not married I'm 21 and happily unattached. one of my mates just separated from his wife and they have two or three kids. right about now i wouldn't like to be attached, to anyone or thing. its safer for me really!

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by WesleyanA(f): 6:43am On Oct 01, 2005
good then, when you get married, quit drinking ASAP unless your wife's an heavy drinker of course  wink

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 6:46am On Oct 01, 2005
drinking is bad, unless it leads to sex! then drinking it phenomenal!
hear me preach!

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by WesleyanA(f): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2005
ajsalako:

drinking is bad, unless it leads to sex! then drinking it phenomenal!
hear me preach!
lipsrsealed it leads to [non-consensual sex] a lot more than it leads to consensual sex. be careful!!

edited by seun
Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by cushman(m): 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2005
Are we talking about cocaine and love-- their lasting effect?

Though i do not take crack, but i also don't believe in love...Love has since DIED with Romeo and Juliet.

There's no true love today talkless of it lasting.
Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by hotangel2(f): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2005
WesleyanA:

no you don't.

what if one of them get sentenced to life. don't you think that relationship is gone and done?
what if they get so high one day and during one of their fights one physically injures the other severly. i don't think reconciliation (if i spelled that right) will be easy.

what you just said is probably what you see in movies but reality is very diff.

If that's the reason why i dont make sense. Then you dont. cheesy

See if one of them get sentence to life.. the other one will feel sorry for him/her. It aint like they dont have concience. Yeah they drink/take cocaine, Get high and all that sh!t. BUt the truth is, they still know wat feelings are.
As for the relationship being Gone and done -- It happens to even people that dont do cocaine. When a normal person's spouse is sent to life imprisonment.. We all know that the probability of Love staying in, is 0.

Normal people, people that don't do cocaine FIGHT, They injure each other, It doesn't happen to Crack-heads alone [it's just that crack-heads gooo to a very far extent]. When they fight and injure each other.. If there's still the love in there... They'll reconsile. Normal people do that too. But to be sincere, crack-heads forgive each other faster than normal people will.

I know wat i said.. It's reality.. and u just talked abt wat u saw in movie. Bam... Do i make sense now?

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by Scorpio(f): 12:11am On Oct 02, 2005
Personally, the both of them are powerful, hell, the both of them ruin ur life in one way or the other, they'll both kill u if u take an overdose,they make u do stuff u wouldn't have dreamt of doin, they sometimes make u forget ur family and friends.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by layi(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2005
Crack is a lopsided relationship lloking for the early extinction of 1 of the parties involved.
Love is a relationship looking for the 'betterment' of those involved.

Whis is more powerful? Crack is cos its more brutal and deadly.

True Love can let go if it would better the life of the 1 involved.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by Scorpio(f): 1:13am On Oct 04, 2005
What happens when true loves becomes obsession? he dosen't want to let go!

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by layi(m): 9:57am On Oct 04, 2005
True Love and Obsession are 2 parallel lines that never meet.

Obsession has a selfish undertone albeit very silent. Its so crazy because of what it would gain.

True love wants to give and take it or leave it, true love would let go if thats what it'll take for the other party to be happy.

True loves says "I'll rather die for her to be loved"
Obsession says "She'd better die than for her not to be mine"

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by Scorpio(f): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2005
k, i get it now.
Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by vexxy(f): 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2005
layi: True loves says "I'll rather die for her to be loved"
Obsession says "She'd better die than for her not to be mine"

I like that, layi. Very good analogy.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by WesleyanA(f): 12:06am On Oct 05, 2005
i watched this french movie where a guy was so obsessed with this lady that took her ponytail holder when it fell (he stalks her a lot) and sew it to his heart/chest (this part was very graphic too) he practically almost killed himself by the self surgery.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by Latoya(f): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2005
Love is powerful!!! u cant give up on d one u love,nobody can.Love is experienced once in a life time.
but for coke,its a habit u can always give up on after alot of efforts from people,rehabilitation center,therapies and so on.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by adesodgi(m): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2005
Do i make sense?

No man,the question is coke and love which is power full?u have no point i.e you didnt point to any answer.ur own point that i get to understand is that ur pointing to the power in coke with that of love all together.
to answer the question i'll say coke because wen u get addicted its very hard to do without it,but love wen it dies u can continue with life,cant you,wont you,dont you??

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by loveth(f): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2005
no advantage in cocaine it will noly ruin your life whether overdose or underdose,it ruins somebody's life.But for love at there are some advantages in love,and can only ruin life when it is overdose.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2005
If you love your country, then you should be happy enough, that you are privileged to work for it.
If you want something extra in return, then, its just a job. In that case their is no real loyalty to the country, rather loyalty to what you can get from it for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by layi(m): 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2005
@ajsalako

Wrong thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by WesleyanA(f): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2005
i was thinking the same. ha.

1 Like

Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by jenny247(f): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2005
A persons who is on crack is addicted.. addiction iiself is to be abnormally tolerant to or dependent on something that is psychologically or phsically habit forming. since crack is narcotic in nature, one would naturally get an abnormal strong craving for it.
but love is different. though the feelings are equally strong and run very deep, it is not an abnormal addiction that becomes a bad habit. it's free. it's more of a feeling than an addiction.
i would say crack is more powerful in a negative waycos weather or not you want it, you have to do it cos you're hooked but love is a thing of choice, you give it and sometimes can take it at will.
but love is more bearing and with love there are no impossibilities.........
Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by salako: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2005
Oops my bad!
Re: Crack (Cocaine) or Love, Which Is More Powerful? by WesleyanA(f): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2005
ha. happens to me too! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies' Guide On How NOT To Court!! / Black Man Paradise ( United kingdom Top Six Cities Exposed ) / Valentine Gifts Suggestions!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.