Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive (1085 Views)

Power Surge On Usb Modem, Urgent Help Needed / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive by atere55(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
pls can someone help me with my sandisk usb flash drive i av searched through internet for solution but couldnt solve my problem. When i pluged my usb flash it work fine bt anytime i want to copy file to it. Or copy from it to my laptop. I wil got a message WRITE PROTECTED i get many solution online bt it culdnt solve my problem pls i dont want to lose my flash drive 16gb
here is my contact or whatz app 08062769242
Re: Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive by shawlxAk(m): 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
Physically examine the USB flash drive for some sort of write protection switch. If you find one, then move it to the unlock position. Else, proceed as follows:

Step 1 - Connect the USB flash drive to the computer

Step 2 - Press and hold the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box

Step 3 - In the Run box, type diskpart.exe to launch the diskpart command-line utility. Click Yes, if prompted whether to allow the program to make changes to the computer

Step 4 - In the command prompt - DISKPART> type LIST DISK

Step 5 - Carefully go through the list of disks and identify your USB flash drive, taking note of the disk number. Assuming there is only one internal hard drive installed on the computer and there are no additional external drives connected, then your USB flash drive will be labelled Disk 1. You may also verify the capacity in the size column

Step 6 - Type SELECT DISK # (where # is the corresponding disk number that you identified in the previous step). For example, Select Disk 1

Step 7 - Type ATTRIB DISK CLEAR READONLY
Re: Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive by Chikebrain: 6:43am On Jan 04, 2015
atere55:
pls can someone help me with my sandisk usb flash drive i av searched through internet for solution but couldnt solve my problem. When i pluged my usb flash it work fine bt anytime i want to copy file to it. Or copy from it to my laptop. I wil got a message WRITE PROTECTED i get many solution online bt it culdnt solve my problem pls i dont want to lose my flash drive 16gb
here is my contact or whatz app 08062769242
To be candid with you, scandisk Usally have that type of problem. The chances that your flash is damaged is high coz I've encountered a similar problem
Re: Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive by atere55(m): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Chikebrain:

To be candid with you, scandisk Usally have that type of problem. The chances that your flash is damaged is high coz I've encountered a similar problem
pls wot is solution to it or there is nothng i can do abt it. I wil be glad if u help me because i dont want to lose dat 16g flash pls help me
Re: Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive by atere55(m): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
shawlxAk:
Physically examine the USB flash drive for some sort of write protection switch. If you find one, then move it to the unlock position. Else, proceed as follows:

Step 1 - Connect the USB flash drive to the computer

Step 2 - Press and hold the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box

Step 3 - In the Run box, type diskpart.exe to launch the diskpart command-line utility. Click Yes, if prompted whether to allow the program to make changes to the computer

Step 4 - In the command prompt - DISKPART> type LIST DISK

Step 5 - Carefully go through the list of disks and identify your USB flash drive, taking note of the disk number. Assuming there is only one internal hard drive installed on the computer and there are no additional external drives connected, then your USB flash drive will be labelled Disk 1. You may also verify the capacity in the size column

Step 6 - Type SELECT DISK # (where # is the corresponding disk number that you identified in the previous step). For example, Select Disk 1

Step 7 - Type ATTRIB DISK CLEAR READONLY
am very grateful@sholark bt av already dont dat pls any other solution
Re: Hw To Solve Write Protrcted On Usb Flash Drive by shawlxAk(m): 12:03am On Jan 12, 2015
atere55:
am very grateful@sholark bt av already dont dat pls any other solution

When you executed ATTRIB DISK CLEAR READONLY in diskpart, what was the output message you received?

(1) (Reply)

Uk Arrival! Sony Viao Intel Core I3 4gb Ram 500gb Hdd 512mb Ati Dedicated Graphi / Dual Tft-lcd Portable Dvd Player - Micostarmall / How To Publish Photos Directly From Adobe Lightroom To Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.