Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Some Interesting Facts About The World. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Interesting Facts About The World. (50388 Views)

Some Interesting Facts About Famous Logos / Social Media: Some Interesting Facts You Probably Dont Know. / Some Interesting Facts About Mobile Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Augustbreak:
Informative. Kudos to you OP.

Thanks bro.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2015
rabbuy:
Op I think you just bagged the record of the longest listed post with words ad pictures and post with the longest duration needed to be read on nairaland

Thanksgrin
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by harpazo(m): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2015
35. A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes..

OMG!!!! I envy this animals walahi.

God why nah?[/quote]

that will b freezing in time for 30mins...Gosh!!!

2 Likes

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by freshcvv(m): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Actually the Argentines national anthems has no sentence in it when being sung..its just one oooooooooo from beginning to the end.

As for the Spanish national anthem, I think its wrong to say it has no word, it was changed in 2008 from lyricless anthem to a lyric-anthem. just Google it to correct yourself.

Some of what you posted are outdated..
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:

43. . There are more living organisms on the skin of each human than thereare humans on the surface of the earth.

i don't even believe this one for one minute. undecided we should all be dead by now if that was the case. yeah i know there are a lot of organism on our body but not that much na haba!!!!!!! fear God na!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2015
joeblac07:
13. The Earth is 4.56 billion years old the same
age as the Moon and the Sun.

The holy book of Christians say otherwise. The Bible posits that the earth is about 6,000 years old.

So are you gonna believe what the Bible says by faith or are you gonna belief what science has proved so clearly, by evidence.
Nawa for you o.... you should know the bible was written a long time ago and the versions we have now are simply translated versions of the originals.... Apart from that, they never had the technology we have now so most of their conclusions on the earths age was probably assumed or estimated.

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by ironbody03(m): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2015
89, The tongue of a blue whale is equivalent to the weight of an elephant
90, cooked onion and carfeins are harmful to DOG
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2015
...... shocked shocked shocked

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:
61. The bushes and clouds in Super Mario Bros are the same, just colored differently.

62. In 1903 the Wright brothers flew for 59 seconds. 38 years later the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. 28 years after that, we landed on the moon.

63. When a male bee climaxes, their testicles explode then they die.

64. .The adult human has two to nine pounds of bacteria in his or her body.

65. Blue whales heart is the size of a VW Beetle and that youcould swim through some of its arteries.

66. A total of 165,000 tonnes of gold have been mined in human history, as of 2009.1This is roughly equivalent to 5.3 billion troy ounces or, in terms of volume, about 8,500 cubic meters, or a 20.4m cube.

67. .There are more atoms in a single glass of water, than glasses of water in all the oceans of the Earth.

68. Half of humans who have ever lived, died of Malaria.

69. Fold over a piece of paper 42 times and it will reach the moon.

70.Pirates wear eye patches so that they can see in the dark.

71.54 million people alive right now will be dead within 12 months.

72 .You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago.

73. The sun is 400x further from the earth than the moon, but the moon is 400x smaller than the sun.

74. If there was no space between any of its atoms, Earth would be the size of a baseball.

75. If you put all the earth’s ants in one pile, and all the earth’s humans in another pile, the pile made of ants would be bigger (have more mass).

76. Penguins will give their mate a pebble as a way of proposing.

77. Butterflies are cannibals.

77. Turtles can breathe out of their butts

78. A pencil has the potential to draw a line of 38 miles long.

79.There is a species of jellyfish that is immortal (turritopsis nutricula).

80. The largest air force in the world is the US Air Force. The second largest force in the world is the US Navy.

81. If a man never cut his beard, by the time he dies it would be 30 feet long.

82. 1 sperm has 37.5MB of DNA information in it. That means a normal ejaculation represents a data transfer of 1587GB in about 3 seconds.

83. If you keep going North, you will eventually go South. If you keep going East, you will never go West.

84. Vending machines kill 4 times as many people as sharks.

85. Black HP printer ink costs roughly 1,400 times as much as crude oil, gallon for gallon.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/readcommentbackwards/62-amazing-fact-you-probably-didnt-know-that-will-dmjk?s=mobile

The info in number 70 ain't accurate
Actually pirate cover that one eye to make it adjust to darkness
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by ladibright(f): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2015
A pig’s orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. Seriously?? grin
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:
91. The White House, Presidential Villa of the US is the most secured building in the world.
What about the fort Knox?/
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by samsard(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2015
bsjay:
Of what benefit is this research to human beings? Does it guide man in any way into the Laws of God?
Did you have to come in with your religious bigotry and lack of common sense? What has an imaginary God got to do with people knowing world facts?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by lond07: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2015
joeblac07:

The holy book of Christians say otherwise. The Bible posits that the earth is about 6,000 years old.

So are you gonna believe what the Bible says by faith or are you gonna belief what science has proved so clearly, by evidence.

I think there is a mix up here. The human history can be traced backward back to 6000 years ago. But the age of the Earth is obviously much longer.

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Macelliot(m): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2015
joeblac07:

Thrash! Where's evidence! Mere Assumption.
The evidence that might be disprove by new modern science to come...
Bible never stated that the Earth was 6000yrs, but that Man's lifespan started 6000yrs ago.....
Man was the last thing created... The Creation took a long time....
The days stated by the Bible is not thesame with this 24-hour time... The Bible states, a day in the Eyes of God is thousands of years in the eyes of Man....
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by martineverest(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2015
Its still happening today,slave trade metamorphiced to wicked leaders,xenophobia,tribalism etc
goofyone:

It really is a sad one that African leaders of the slavery era never saw dignity in their own kinsmen and this could sell them for money. It's even sadder that today the same thing persists. African leaders of this generation see no worth in their kinsmen and have kept them in perpetual slavery to poor and woeful infrastructural developments, inadequate education and a terrible standard of living. What's wrong with us as a race? What!?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by munex007(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2015
10 out of 10 people will die #fact
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:

The temperature if measured during the day and at night.

You're very wrong sir , that is the boiling and freezing points of mercury , elementary science. it will be at room temperature at all times
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by tunnary(m): 11:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Minet16:

thats since the recreation. after God created man, from the time of adam to moses is 2000 years, moses to Jesus 2000 years, this is 2015 b.c. btw before God created Adam the earth had been in existence, that was when satan fell from heaven. so keep your faith before you confuse people here
Dis is just so intresting
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by lond07: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2015
jobyyjob:

Lol. Humans were created many Million years after the earth. It's humans that are 6,000 years old not the earth.

On point
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 17, 2015
Unionised:

Who is Google?

Is he God's messenger?
Yes.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by abamieda47: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2015
My dear friends, i congratulate Nigeria positively for the success of the peaceful non violence recently concluded election. Something bright and significant will happen in Nigeria soon. I want you all to just watch, be patient, and also do not loose concentration. Maharajji will always be in control, no matter the circumstances.
Today, founding of Satguru Maharajji village clock 28 years. I implore you all, good people of Nigeria to join in celebrating the founding day ceremony with the living perfect master at km 10. Ibadan/Lagos expressway, opposite odo ona kekere, ibadan, oyo state. Its three days program from 17th to 19th April, 2015. Come and drop all your problems and worries and start living a completely new and peaceful life..08034007045...WE ARE SUPREMELY BLESSED...RELIGION NA WAYOO...NA KATAKATA AND ALSO WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION... EMBRACE MAHARAJJI NOW AND FREE FOREVER LIKE ME..
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by 989900: 11:32am On Apr 17, 2015

If true, why bother?!

Konji na true b@st@rd! cheesy
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by igbanbajo(m): 11:34am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:
61. The bushes and clouds in Super Mario Bros are the same, just colored differently.

62. In 1903 the Wright brothers flew for 59 seconds. 38 years later the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. 28 years after that, we landed on the moon.

64. .The adult human has two to nine pounds of bacteria in his or her body.

65. Blue whales heart is the size of a VW Beetle and that youcould swim through some of its arteries.

66. A total of 165,000 tonnes of gold have been mined in human history, as of 2009.1This is roughly equivalent to 5.3 billion troy ounces or, in terms of volume, about 8,500 cubic meters, or a 20.4m cube.

67. .There are more atoms in a single glass of water, than glasses of water in all the oceans of the Earth.

68. Half of humans who have ever lived, died of Malaria.

69. Fold over a piece of paper 42 times and it will reach the moon.

70.Pirates wear eye patches so that they can see in the dark.

71.54 million people alive right now will be dead within 12 months.

72 .You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago.

73. The sun is 400x further from the earth than the moon, but the moon is 400x smaller than the sun.

74. If there was no space between any of its atoms, Earth would be the size of a baseball.

75. If you put all the earth’s ants in one pile, and all the earth’s humans in another pile, the pile made of ants would be bigger (have more mass).

76. Penguins will give their mate a pebble as a way of proposing.

77. Butterflies are cannibals.

77. Turtles can breathe out of their butts

78. A pencil has the potential to draw a line of 38 miles long.

79.There is a species of jellyfish that is immortal (turritopsis nutricula).

80. The largest air force in the world is the US Air Force. The second largest force in the world is the US Navy.

81. If a man never cut his beard, by the time he dies it would be 30 feet long.

82. 1 sperm has 37.5MB of DNA information in it. That means a normal ejaculation represents a data transfer of 1587GB in about 3 seconds.

83. If you keep going North, you will eventually go South. If you keep going East, you will never go West.

84. Vending machines kill 4 times as many people as sharks.

85. Black HP printer ink costs roughly 1,400 times as much as crude oil, gallon for gallon.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/readcommentbackwards/62-amazing-fact-you-probably-didnt-know-that-will-dmjk?s=mobile

82 - quite interesting.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by ladipeacemaker(m): 11:37am On Apr 17, 2015
If you have always wanted to do 7 times more in your Business, Career and Life, then join over 500 Nigerians at this conference.

It is absolutely FREE. Hurry and register here on this link: http://www.blueoceanstrategyng.com/eventregister/?j=3

Please, note that the link will become inactive as soon as the first 500 people are registered.

Venue: Oakwood Park Hotel by Chevron R/About, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by tunnary(m): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2015
My batry is almost down, wen i charge my phn i must come back i finish dis; dis article\topic is like a very intrestin movie. I must share dis on my fb page. i commend d OP so much
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Tinyemeka(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:
88. Felix Baumgartner record breaking free jump from space, 2012.

smiley

That record for highest free fall jump from the stratosphere has been broken.

Meet Alan Eustace, Senior VP at Google.
His jump in Oct 2014, was from a mind-boggling 135,890 ft. Baumgartner's (2012) was approx 128,000.

http://io9.com/a-google-executive-has-broken-the-world-record-for-high-1650563334
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
peppyluv02:
...... shocked shocked shocked

Is it much or small?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Unionised(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
chuna1985:

Yes.

Ok. Will pray to God about him.
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
oloyolo:

The info in number 70 ain't accurate
Actually pirate cover that one eye to make it adjust to darkness

Please can you differentiate between "pirates covers one eye to make it adjust to darkness" and "pirate covers one eye to enable them see in the darkness"?
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
tunnary:
My batry is almost down, wen i charge my phn i must come back i finish dis; dis article\topic is like a very intrestin movie. I must share dis on my fb page. i commend d OP so much

Thanks bro grin
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
Unionised:

Ok. Will pray to God about him.

ok
Re: Some Interesting Facts About The World. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sile12:

Thanks bro, thats why we can't know and have everything. Others that knows more about this can help by adding theirs...
wtf,u jst tanked her d a wrong info,hottest spot is actually in sahara dersert.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Afe Babalola: How FG Can Reopen Schools, Universities Within Four Weeks / Bride Writing Her Exams In Benue State University On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.