Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life (31906 Views)

12 Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re 100% Qualified) / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Two Job Offers. I Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by joseph1832(m): 8:42am On Jan 03, 2015
Unionised:

Dude, it's meant to be a positive advice.

Go start up something.

Change your mindset.
Like hell it is. A very careless way of being sarcastic!.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Mcbussy(m): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2015
victorazy:

Yes!
30mins / day for 8-10k a month is very nice job.

Really?!...I hear u. But what u guys fail to realise is dat u ain't in Europe or US where u can close from 1 job and go to d next.

This is naija,I bet after d 30 mins work,u'll spend d remaining 23:30 hrs doing nothing else.

In d end,all u still av 8k per month. grin

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by brainpulse: 8:43am On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:

and u think earning 80k is good enough?

u think having 10 places of work is feasible?

na wa o.. well.. everybody to his or her own.

at my lowest ebb in life.. i was teaching guitars for 2,500 naira per hour
choose your destiny
. Surely the dude has never worked in his life, he is mummy's boy been fed akamu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Kolade354(m): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2015
yomi007k:

Yes it is because I can have 10 of that and it will make 80k.
Dey dere dey whine, u neva jam.
Is it even possible in this country..........you like the manage-manage mentality. Hourly job for naija.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kamez(m): 8:44am On Jan 03, 2015
I hate laziness and idleness but i'd rather spend the whole day at home watching m-net than work as a mathematics teacher for 8k..

I had many of such offers after my nysc and I never gave it a second thought.. How can I spend 5yrs studyin industrial physics in the uni and one punk will offer me 8k to teach mathematics afterwards?

So here is what I did, I sold some of my personal stuff, and bought 3 large speakers, one amplifier and microphones and started a dj business with my laptop...

Trust me I was making more money than some bankers per month and also had enough time to go job hunting..

Within 4 months, I got the kinda job I really wanted and sold off my dj equipments..

My advice is never settle for less than u deserve and if u must, then think of of something and work for urself

9 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by victorazy(m): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2015
softysparky:

Seriously vexing for u.

I hate it when woman say something like to me, it turns me off.
Woman will be doing her own runs later she will be pretending as if am the only one fvcking.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Mcbussy(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:

and u think earning 80k is good enough?

u think having 10 places of work is feasible?

na wa o.. well.. everybody to his or her own.

at my lowest ebb in life.. i was teaching guitars for 2,500 naira per hour
choose your destiny

That dude is a dimwit...they're not hard to spot. grin

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Unionised(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2015
joseph1832:
Like hell it is. A very careless way of being sarcastic!.

Go and start something.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kilokeys(m): 8:50am On Jan 03, 2015
softysparky:

Seriously vexing for u.

u know that feeling.. when u cherish somebody so much u wanna save the best moments for them. till it evades u. yeah. no vex dearie. lets do it again this year. bestie moi
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by chubbypearl(f): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2015
chinex276:
Teacher: 5+5
students: 55
teacher: 8/4
students: 84
teacher: hw many sides has a triangle
students: 12
Teacher: gud clap 4 urselves, dats hw it will remain till govt. Increases my salary.
.Am so laughing right now!abeg don't punish the students na
I pity d next generations.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by kilokeys(m): 8:52am On Jan 03, 2015
victorazy:

Woman will be doing her own runs later she will be pretending as if am the only one fvcking.

dude.. steer clear. don't meddle if u don't understand.
try being a gentleman.
some ladies are pristine, worth more than 100 girls u know.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Suzyky4u(f): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
yomi007k:

Yes it is because I can have 10 of that and it will make 80k.
Dey dere dey whine, u neva jam.

Here in Nigeria abi where? undecided

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by joseph1832(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
Unionised:

Go and start something.
Up yours!.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by victorazy(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
Mcbussy:

Really?!...I hear u. But what u guys fail to realise is dat u ain't in Europe or US where u can close from 1 job and go to d next.

This is naija,I bet after d 30 mins work,u'll spend d remaining 23:30 hrs doing nothing else.

In d end,all u still av 8k per month. grin

30min day job for 8k is mouth watering.
I can have time to do other jobs.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by watchindelta(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
nah biscuits
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by M4gunners: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
We nigerians are too greedy that is all i can say for now
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 03, 2015
victorazy:

Oh boiy, get well soon ooo.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by victorazy(m): 8:56am On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:

dude.. steer clear. don't meddle if u don't understand.
try being a gentleman.
some ladies are pristine, worth more than 100 girls u know.

Sorry sir grin
Sorry woman rappa grin
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:

u know that feeling.. when u cherish somebody so much u wanna save the best moments for them. till it evades u. yeah. no vex dearie. lets do it again this year. bestie moi
Awwww mwuaaah.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Suzyky4u(f): 8:58am On Jan 03, 2015
MoltenMagma:
GEJ till of una get sense! grin

What is he saying? undecided
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by victorazy(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2015
softysparky:

Oh boiy, get well soon ooo.

Walahi! This maleria wey dey woarry me sef!
Sorry ma'am but is there a in what I said plz forgive Me grin
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2015
kramer:
Dude you can always negotiate for a higher salary as long as you show them your worth. 8k is the least offer
What negotiation can you make from a person whose basic pay is 8k. 8k is an insult to human dignity.

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by drehdinho(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2015
dre11:
8k per month

U have not remove transportation fare
U have not remove feeding

What would be left for you after the end of the month then.
This is SLAVERY

That's the exact point.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Idpotter(m): 9:20am On Jan 03, 2015
terdiac:
GEJ see what you have caused?Sai buhari till 2024
Lol..4 ur mind abi..buhari wud die b4 2019 sef grin grin grin grin
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Angoni(m): 9:28am On Jan 03, 2015
Mcbussy:

Even if its 30mins per day,is 8k per month a job? undecided

If you spend 30 min per day teaching it means you have 450 minutes free per day to sell or do other productive activities to bring more income into your pocket. At this rate-30 min per day, 8k amonth- this man would be getting 400 naira per half hour!!!- assuming 8 official working hours per day and 28 days a month, have you noted that?
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Reference(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:
if u are an average student in maths u wouldnt even consider it.
lets say u work 8 to 2pm, 5 times a week thats 6 hours * 5 days = 30 hours

for a month u would have spent, 30 * 4 = 120hours

amount received per hour, 8,000/120= 66.6 naira per hour

66.6 naira is equivalent to 0.36 dollars

a non grad abroad cleaning floors earns 12 dollars per hour (33 times better).

only weak minded, timid and dull people would consider that offer

And what is the size of the American economy compared to ours to make sense of your reply. If that is what the proprietor can afford that is it.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Emmahunk(m): 9:35am On Jan 03, 2015
kilokeys:
if u are an average student in maths u wouldnt even consider it.
lets say u work 8 to 2pm, 5 times a week thats 6 hours * 5 days = 30 hours

for a month u would have spent, 30 * 4 = 120hours

amount received per hour, 8,000/120= 66.6 naira per hour

66.6 naira is equivalent to 0.36 dollars

a non grad abroad cleaning floors earns 12 dollars per hour (33 times better).

only weak minded, timid and dull people would consider that offer
I sincerely appreciate the feelings of respondents here and also believe honestly that job seekers in this Country are passing through hell. Truly, N8k a month for whatever job is a slap on the face of a graduate especially when you remember that these school proprietors are bleeding parents white with high school fees and PTA levies. It's all in line with the Nigeria factor of wrong Value system. Amass gains and wealth no matter how!
This is indeed condemneable.
However, let me quickly correct an impression so no one falls victim to misinformation. An average job in the States for instance pays $8 an hour 'under the table' that is when you have no papers to work. This has it's attendant problems also. Besides, an hour of work is truly an hour of work with just about 30 minutes break time for an eight hours shift. It's no bed of roses, so before you pick up that calculator to check, consider the facts.
If only we can vote in the right people and turn things around in our Country, believe me there is no place like home [color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 03, 2015
Lol. 8k.
When I rejected a job of 73k last week.
I told the HR I could refer someone sound but he hasnt replied.

My first ever job was 70k.
So I quit for certain reasons and was at home for a month before I got one for 66k but didnt take it. Got one for 55k because it was beside my house but didnt resume there because I have a standard not until I got another and another and decided to settle for this present one which is far better than any of the jobs iv ever done. Still aspiring too. There are better jobs and businesses to do. Not this 100k jobs here and there. A friend just quit a job of 220k last month for no just cause. Says he has other plans. So bro I wish you well.

Thing is you have to know your worth. Knowing your worth implies studying yourself and focusing on your strengths while improving on your weaknesses.
You have to be proactive in your job search and ofcourse you have to accept ridiculous job offers for the experience but not 8k.

This is not to brag (God forgive if I had) but to let you know that sometimes patience is key and during those times of waiting you have to read, improve, be creative and be strategic.

Have plans on developing your skills... Build a website and write about your passion, learn piano, fall in love, stay happy, apply for jobs, think of ways to be happy, network and you will find yourself smiling at the end of the day.

This is to encourage you bro and to let you know great things are happening. Dont be dragged into the mud of pathetic and pessimistic and negative and inferior and visionless people.

Stay strong stay proactive.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 03, 2015
softysparky:

Awwww mwuaaah.

get a room..
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Mcbussy(m): 9:45am On Jan 03, 2015
Angoni:

If you spend 30 min per day teaching it means you have 450 minutes free per day to sell or do other productive activities to bring more income into your pocket. At this rate-30 min per day, 8k amonth- this man would be getting 400 naira per half hour!!!- assuming 8 official working hours per day and 28 days a month, have you noted that?

All theories, put it in practical in present day naija and let us be expecting ur success story.

Body go tell u. Even companies owned by financially capable people are running into bankruptcy and folding up. Let alone sum1 earning 8k and doing petty trading along with it.

I'm sure there's a reason why majority of Nigerians can only live the hand to mouth life. Some don't even have anything to eat. undecided

Anybody that has big dreams won't even consider such a job,cos it will do more harm by killing ur dreams and optimism.
Re: One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 03, 2015
drehdinho:
Before now In my thoughts, I always had the mind-set that, even when some people say Nigeria is so bad I thought that as an overstatement; not knowing that it's even worse than what anyone can imagine.

I was doing a job hunt this early morning. Then I found this miserable job offer ,Mathematics Teacher who's going to be offered a monthly salary of 8000 naira.

On seeing this ,I was like my eyes saw double,so I checked it again. I was so devastated by this ,and I had to close up my browser out of annoyance.

What could be the reason behind the moribund state of all Nigeria's sector.

Everything in Nigeria is sordid and paralysed ,I wonder what Nigeria is going to look like in the next 4 years.
I pray that God helps us all.
the range is 8000 to 10000,so dnt let it look so bad!!!!cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy 2017 Massive Recruitment (35 Positions) / Lagos State Government Recruitment For Graduates 2017 / El-Rufai Posted Job Vacancies On His Facebook Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.