Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption (1892 Views)

Which Wallpaper Are You Currently Using On Your Device? / How To Stop Random Apps From Automatically Installing On Your Device / 7 Ways To Reduce Data Consumption On Android. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by geniusbami(m): 7:32am On Jan 03, 2015
Good morning friends and special welcome to year 2015.

Some of you are fast accepting the rate at which ur smartphone consumes data, thinking "nothing I can do about it". U should be free to use the mobile internet on ur own terms, but U should not allow ur device use ur data for U the way it likes.

To achieve this, U need 2 first know the data thieves. Those I found most culpable in 'eating' data are:

1) When U STREAM VIDEOS, ur Android Smartphone/Tablet won't be merciful on ur data,

2) It seems to be a sort of crime to have soo many apps on ur phone and U don't control their BACKGROUND DATA consumption. U can get there thru Settings => Data Usage and scroll below d graph to reveal the apps, starting with d highest consumer and tap to open whichever U choose to restrict the background data.

3) How about autosync, images and video auto-download in ur mails, WhatsApp (not all images and videos are of value, so disable them by default), Google Chrome (U shd use Opera more cos Chrome really eats data, though it has an option to "compress data), etc?

4) Maybe you also enjoy the feature of using ur smartphone as a modem for other devices. (Cool). But unless really necessary, keep to using d phone.

So, the key is TAKING CONTROL.

If anyone has some other methods of achieving reduction in data consumption, pls drop it here for others' benefits.

Enjoy ur smart device.

1 Like

Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:36am On Jan 03, 2015
poverty is REAL
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by geniusbami(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2015
geloorrrrdd:
poverty is REAL
Meaning?

2 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by Gmajor(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2015
Boys using mtn 10mb be like ...
geloorrrrdd:
poverty is REAL

4 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by giles14(m): 10:18am On Jan 03, 2015
geniusbami:
Good morning friends and special welcome to year 2015.

Some of you are fast accepting the rate at which ur smartphone consumes data, thinking "nothing I can do about it". U should be free to use the mobile internet on ur own terms, but U should not allow ur device use ur data for U the way it likes.

To achieve this, U need 2 first know the data thieves. Those I found most culpable in 'eating' data are:

1) When U STREAM VIDEOS, ur Android Smartphone/Tablet won't be merciful on ur data,

2) It seems to be a sort of crime to have soo many apps on ur phone and U don't control their BACKGROUND DATA consumption. U can get there thru Settings => Data Usage and scroll below d graph to reveal the apps, starting with d highest consumer and tap to open whichever U choose to restrict the background data.

3) How about autosync, images and video auto-download in ur mails, WhatsApp (not all images and videos are of value, so disable them by default), Google Chrome (U shd use Opera more cos Chrome really eats data, though it has an option to "compress data), etc?

4) Maybe you also enjoy the feature of using ur smartphone as a modem for other devices. (Cool). But unless really necessary, keep to using d phone.

So, the key is TAKING CONTROL.
Enjoy ur smart device.
mine is media storage
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]

NICE WRITE UP BRO

Anybody here to advise for d best?
I need an android fone, not cost more than 20K and dat can read various document formats.
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by Jesuspikin234: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2015
I download, Watch Funny Videos on IG, Watch videos on Youtube. MB Finish I buy again!!! Isit Ya Money

2 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by goldtooth: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2015
E360dg:
[color=#000099][/color]

NICE WRITE UP BRO

I need an android fone, not cost more than 20K and dat can read various document formats.

Contact initialize or tyconcept for a good. Andriod phone with that budget
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by Emmanuel602(m): 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
I use opera max and block all apps that i don't use frequently and once that i use but don't deserve to consume data unless necessary. It helps a lot, at least my airtel BB on Android lasts for a month
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by geniusbami(m): 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
E360dg:
[color=#000099][/color]

NICE WRITE UP BRO

U might want to consider Huawei Y330.
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by liljboy(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
geloorrrrdd:
poverty is REAL
ohhhhhh plz shut up..... we talking something worth it you talking nonsense

2 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by initialize(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
goldtooth:

Thank you sir.... God bless you...
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by initialize(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
E360dg:
[color=#000099][/color]

NICE WRITE UP BRO

Contact me for a solid functional android phone that supports all document formats and lot more ....

08069321572 .....Calls, WhatsApp, SMS.
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by Oahray: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
Use a firewall.
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by tyconcepts(f): 6:47am On Jan 05, 2015
goldtooth:

Thanks for the mention Sire.....Its "tyconcepts"

God bless.
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by SIMPLIFIED(m): 7:16am On Jan 05, 2015
tyconcepts:

Thanks for the mention Sire.....Its "tyconcepts"

God bless.
it can only be tyconcepts, the #1 certified phone/tablet/powerbank dealer..put your money where you will get max vaue for it..
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by tyconcepts(f): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2015
SIMPLIFIED:
it can only be tyconcepts, the #1 certified phone/tablet/powerbank dealer..put your money where you will get max vaue for it..

Boss....Its folks like you that made us a force to reckon with.

God bless you anyhow.
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2015
Hello Everybody , There are two items for sale and they are :

1) A Brand New MTN mifi

Price : #17,000

2) A brand new Apple ipad mini (16gb ) Wifi + Sim

Price : #75,000

Call 08135753318 if u are intereted !!!
Re: How To Control Your Device's Data Consumption by ritababe(f): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Reading....

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Save Pictures From Instagram / Solution On How To Retrieve Your Lost Contact When You Upgrade Infinix Hot2 / Win An Infinix Note 3 Today!! #Spottednote3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.