Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

(opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench (1377 Views)

Diego Costa Named Premier Player Of The Month / 10 Reasons Mourinho Is The Wrong Man For Man Utd! / Mourinho Should Not Blame The Media For Manchester City's Disrespect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by englishmart(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2015
[b]this is just my humble opinion.
Having watched both of them(loic Remy and Costa) play on different occasions.
I think mourinho should start resting Costa at least once in a while for these reasons.

Costa's temper is too fierce. Every player on the pitch should expect to get bad tackles. It's normal.
But whenever costa gets badly tackled, he attempts to fight the tackler. This has contributed to most of the cards he had received. And it's unlikely of strikers.

I must as well tell that Costa scores most of his goals through a clear assist or rebound. I've never seen him shoot from outside the box. All he does is position inside the box, just in front of the goalkeeper expecting hazard, Willian or fabregas to dribble everyone then locate him in the box for him to score. He should learn from Aguero and Sanchez.

He positions badly. Most times when I see costa on the left or right wing I wonder what he's doing there. The midfielders will be pushing towards the opponent's goalpost. But costa will be somewhere at the wing. That's why John Terry comes inside the box to teach Costa how to position. undecided

There are three strikers in Chelsea. Mourinho should learn to do some rotating. Drogba is old but still very lethal in front of goal.
Loic Remy is young and skillful. I think he can do better than costa if given the opportunity.
[/b]
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by Weah96: 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Remy will be deadly if he plays with that midfield behind him.
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by englishmart(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
Weah96:
Remy will be deadly if he plays with that midfield behind him.
exactly. Costa has become so complacent
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by JEITO: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
Good points there, but you know Costa is more prolific than Remy. He scores with both feet unlike Remy that is just one footed.

If you know anything about costa apart from his temperament, you'll know he can score from any part of the field. But he tends to hold on to the ball longer than necessary for a striker, and doesn't raise his head up most times thereby shutting out his team mates.

But I'll still prefer him to lead the line-up because he's more of a threat than Remy or Drogba
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by Chiscomax(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
if u don play ps4, u no go talk like this
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by johnstar(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
Chiscomax:
if u don play ps4, u no go talk like this
i dey tel u, costa gud for ps4 ehn, i even sold him 2 man city for 120milla, nd bought aguero for 80million
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by timbros(m): 7:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Torres doesn't score goals, bench him.

Costa score goals for fun, bench him.

Abeg wetin person go do satisfy fans? ? ? ?

Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by englishmart(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
timbros:
Torres doesn't score goals, bench him.

Costa score goals for fun, bench him.

Abeg wetin person go do satisfy fans? ? ? ?

Tufiakwa!
bla boa bla bla
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by Chiscomax(m): 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnstar:
i dey tel u, costa gud for ps4 ehn, i even sold him 2 man city for 120milla, nd bought aguero for 80million

hahahahaha... my fellow game boy
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by timbros(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2015
englishmart:
bla boa bla bla

Why won't it be bla bla bla to you when you can't make valid points?

According to you, Costa only relies on positioning himself in front of the goal waiting for passes from wide players and rebounds. The same you went on to say he positions badly, going out wide in the wings thereby making Chelsea a man short in the penalty area. Why the contradictions? Which one do we take?

Don't even get me started because all the points you made are INVALID.

How many goals did Nistlerooy score from outside the 18 yard box? What of Inzaghi? Yet name an all time top 10 strikers in the world without those two names make I know wetin cause am.

1 Like

Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by pamcode(m): 7:49am On Jan 20, 2015
do you still feel costa should be on the bench
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by englishmart(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2015
pamcode:
do you still feel costa should be on the bench
maybe not grin
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by jeebz: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
JEITO:
Good points there, but you know Costa is more prolific than Remy. He scores with both feet unlike Remy that is just one footed.

If you know anything about costa apart from his temperament, you'll know he can score from any part of the field. But he tends to hold on to the ball longer than necessary for a striker, and doesn't raise his head up most times thereby shutting out his team mates.

But I'll still prefer him to lead the line-up because he's more of a threat than Remy or Drogba
Remy scores with both feet. Check out his goal in the Euro qualifiers against Spain.
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by englishmart(m): 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
jeebz:

Remy scores with both feet. Check out his goal in the Euro qualifiers against Spain.
Remy will do pretty fine if mourinho gives him some chances...his over dependence on costa isn't healthy at all
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by dmcdad: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2015
timbros:

Why won't it be bla bla bla to you when you can't make valid points?

According to you, Costa only relies on positioning himself in front of the goal waiting for passes from wide players and rebounds. The same you went on to say he positions badly, going out wide in the wings thereby making Chelsea a man short in the penalty area. Why the contradictions? Which one do we take?

Don't even get me started because all the points you made are INVALID.

How many goals did Nistlerooy score from outside the 18 yard box? What of Inzaghi? Yet name an all time top 10 strikers in the world without those two names make I know wetin cause am.

You sabi watch ball jare... I no be Chelsea fan, but even me dey laugh when I dey read OP post. And like you rightly stated, the OP contradicted himself on more than one occasion. Anywayz, there is no better striker out there that suits Chelsea's way of playing than Costa. He is not topping the goal scorers' chat in the epl for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by dmcdad: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2015
englishmart:
Remy will do pretty fine if mourinho gives him some chances...his over dependence on costa isn't healthy at all
You are right to say Mourinho is overly dependent on Costa. But not the initial points you riased. Those points are as invalid as invalid could be.cheesy
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by chimerase2: 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
U r just confusing ur self from saying he knws how to position dats why he score goals to he doesn't knw how to position thereby playing on wings sometimes
Is unfortunate u don't knw football
Stop talking aboout football cus u dnt knw it
U dnt compare sombody who has been in form since this season scoring 17 goals to pple with 12 goals below
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by dmcdad: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
chimerase2:
U r just confusing ur self from saying he knws how to position dats why he score goals to he doesn't knw how to position thereby playing on wings sometimes
Is unfortunate u don't knw football
Stop talking aboout football cus u dnt knw it
U dnt compare sombody who has been in form since this season scoring 17 goals to pple with 12 goals below
I tire oooooo
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by Trending(m): 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2015
op d only reason y I Neva abuse u b say u b my namesake.. which kyn out of point list b dis..if he is staying inside d box but keeps on banging d goals,let him b there..in fact make dem use rope tie am dia sef make him just dey score..
u say him dey go wing go play there..e b like say u Neva see Torres play before?? d guy dey leave striking kpata kpata go wing yet him no dey score..a beg free costa

1 Like

Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by ednut1(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2015
welcome to Nigeria . where every 1 tinks he is a coach
Re: (opinion) Reasons Mourinho Should Start Keeping Costa On The Bench by englishmart(m): 10:15am On Feb 28, 2015
ednut1:
welcome to Nigeria . where every 1 tinks he is a coach
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Santi Cazorla And Eden Hazard Who Is A Better Player / How Football Stats Are Calculated (Possession, Passes, etc,)... / Barcelona Vs Athletic Bilbao (1 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.