Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Sony Makes The Best Laptops - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sony Makes The Best Laptops (18901 Views)

Poll: Who makes the best laptops?

Sony: 20% (33 votes)
HP: 20% (33 votes)
Dell: 18% (30 votes)
Lenovo (IBM): 4% (7 votes)
Toshiba: 13% (21 votes)
Acer: 3% (6 votes)
Apple: 18% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Best Laptops With Great Graphics For Gaming / Best Laptops Here For Sale / Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Muza(m): 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2008
Sony vaio make the best laptops.
Their laptops have the best screen resolution and graphics.
The only problem is that they are too expensive.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2008
hv u hd of Lenovo? Alienware nko?
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 15, 2008
lynxnoon:

hv u hd of Lenovo? Alienware nko?
hmmmmm. i not sure if lenovo make the best laptops but i do know that they are very good and most importantly cheap with the latest gadgets.

now, gadgets to me matters a lot and they are cheap . . . . . . ULTIMATE BARGAIN!
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by DoubleN(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2008
When it comes to laptops i think its all about durability,support and second hand value. Ever tried getting a battery for a Sony Vaio or replacing the screen? I still think the tie is between HP and Dell.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by saintkola(m): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2008
i've got a Sony vaio Vgn-AR71j up for sale. its been used for a month. the Specs include: 17 inches screen, 200 hard drive, dual-core, webcam, optical +RW dvd drive among others. Contact me for more details & price: kola, 08025773431.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by flyuche(m): 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2008
saintkola:

i've got a Sony vaio Vgn-AR71j up for sale. its been used for a month. the Specs include: 17 inches screen, 200 hard drive, dual-core, webcam, optical +RW dvd drive among others. Contact me for more details & price: kola, 08025773431.
almost everybody who wants to sell their used laptop, has a 17'' screen. una don tire for the big screen?. abeg if u get 20'' screen let me know grin
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by gaddafi81(m): 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2008
Best Laptop in the world: Macbook Air tongue tongue tongue
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by saintkola(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2008
@ flyuche, very funny! i'm selling it because i need the cash
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2008
gaddafi81:

Best Laptop in the world: [b]Macbook Air [/b] tongue tongue tongue
OVERPRICED!! u mean tongue grin
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by KarmaMod(f): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2008
MacBook Air is best as a coaster.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

MacBook Air is best as a coaster.

no let NT hear you. . . grin
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by amor4ce(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2008
the macbook is 1 of the best.ever come across the falcon northwest mach v that come with intel corei7?what about gateway.does sony come close to these?
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2008
If its Falcon North, maybe (tho am nt a Sony fan oh!) but Gateway doesnt com close 2 Sony
Jst compare dia latest products n c 4 ur self
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by moonraker(m): 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2008
use to?? to meant to say
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2008
moonraker:

use to?? to meant to say
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by DoubleN(m): 2:22am On Dec 17, 2008
amor4ce:

the macbook is 1 of the best.ever come across the falcon northwest mach v that come with intel corei7?what about gateway.does sony come close to these?
Dem dey mention Sony, you dey mention gateway. As long as u are in Nigeria do not even try going near a gateway laptop. Support is totally zero. Have you tried getting drivers or anything from their site? or trying to replace a part?You go tire. If it is for specs dem dey try but after that na no go area.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2008
men na true oh
i know of i guy dat got a gateway laptop which later developed som issues n since den he's bin looking fordrivers n stuff to no avail undecided undecided
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by geolabious(m): 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2008
[size=13pt]Dell for Sure[/size]
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by KarmaMod(f): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2008
Dell is garbage
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2008
[b]word!![/b]
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by saintkola(m): 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2008
D laptop is still available oh. sony vaio vgn-ar71j. 200GB HDD, 3GB RAM, Webcam, 17" screen, nvidia 8400 GT graphics card etc. contact kola, 08025773431
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2008
saintkola:

D laptop is still available oh. sony vaio vgn-ar71j. 200GB HDD, 3GB RAM, Webcam, 17" screen, nvidia 8400 GT graphics card etc. contact kola, 08025773431
oh boy!! u neva sell this tin since?
na wah oh guys don spend money on xmas travelling n stuff grin grin
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by DoubleN(m): 1:36am On Dec 21, 2008
Are you Guys serious? Dell is Garbage? I was seriously considering getting a dell as my next pet cos of their excellent battery life.Hp is ideal except for their very poor batteries and me i don tire to the buy extra batteries.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by KarmaMod(f): 1:37am On Dec 21, 2008
Better get a Toshiba or Viao
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Sauron1: 1:40am On Dec 21, 2008
Double N:

Are you Guys serious? Dell is Garbage? I was seriously considering getting a dell as my next pet because of their excellent battery life.Hp is ideal except for their very poor batteries and me i don tire to the buy extra batteries.

Dell is no garbage. . . . . Try Dell's Latitude X1 and u won't be the same ever again.
Blimey. . . . .U would be hooked for LIFE.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by amor4ce(m): 4:50am On Dec 21, 2008
the laptops that can play the game "CRYSIS" are probably the best, including macs of course wink
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by saintkola(m): 7:06am On Dec 21, 2008
@ lynx, yes oh itz still with me oh. people are just Bringing d price down
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by saintkola(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2008
spam
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2008
amor4ce:

the laptops that can play the game "CRYSIS" are probably the best, including macs of course wink

too many people confuse laptop specs with laptop quality. you can play crysis on laptops of any manufacturer provided the laptops meet the minimum recommeneded specifications.

some guy in my office wanted to buy a laptop. i told him he must choose a laptop with dedicated nvidia graphics, and NOT intel integrated graphics. the guy bought an HP with intel graphics. we installed crysis, and it would't run because the laptop used Intel graphics. based on that, one could call HP rubbish.

in the same way, if you insist on buying a manufacturer's low end models, you may have issues.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Muza(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2008
oyb:

too many people confuse laptop specs with laptop quality. you can play crysis on laptops of any manufacturer provided the laptops meet the minimum recommeneded specifications.

some guy in my office wanted to buy a laptop. i told him he must choose a laptop with dedicated nvidia graphics, and NOT intel integrated graphics. the guy bought an HP with intel graphics. we installed crysis, and it would't run because the laptop used Intel graphics. based on that, one could call HP rubbish.

in the same way, if you insist on buying a manufacturer's low end models, you may have issues.

HPs are trash and ar so fcukin cheap,the pavillions,they always have screen prob after sometime.
I will never buy a HP,never.
But even if i'm going to change it will still be a Vaio. grin
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by zaibatsu(m): 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2008
I don't think it's right to say that Sony make the best laptops. It largely depends on user requirements/preferences.
That being said, i believe they (Sony) make great laptops with excellent build quality and consistently vibrant displays. I've owned a couple from the PCG-K series to my current FZ series and i've rarely been disappointed.
I wanted to get the FW but the atrocious battery life was a turn-off.
Did i hear a certain poster refer to the Lenovo as being cheap? Go pick up an x300, then revise your comments. Those things are so strong and rugged and that's aside from having what's easily the best keyboard I have used.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by cabali(m): 10:57pm On Dec 25, 2008
Well I think Apple should outta that list considering they are in a class by themselves.

That handled, I'd say Sony does a good job. The vaio is gr8!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

London used Macbook Pro 2013 laptop in Abuja | Kaduna for 200,000 >>>[SOLD √√√√] / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? / How Are You Preparing For The Internet Outage On July 9 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.