Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? (1381 Views)

This Lexus Rx330 Might Have Been Stolen / New Arrival Of A Tin Can cleared Lexus Rx 330 In Benin City (Pics included) / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? by capsogiga(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
Good day all

CAN SOMEONE PLS IDENTIFY THIS 2004 LEXUS RX 330 PART AND EXACTLY WHAT IT DOES

This part is giving me serious problems!!! My car is making loud grinding noise when it is in reverse. It is also making the same loud grinding noise when moving on rough,bumpy roads. But immediately I disconnect and remove this part it stops immediately---but the CHECK and VSC lights switch on on the dashboard.

What does this part do and is it safe to drive the car without it ?? My mechanic said he tried to fix the part to no avail.
If I have to replace the part how much will it cost and where can I get it in Abuja.

Thanks

Re: Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? by capsogiga(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
The part is attached to the rear tyre on the right only. The car is 4WD.
Thanks
Re: Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? by diportivo: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
lomomike,your people av arrived cool
Re: Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Self-levelling actuator, for High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps. Linked to front and rear suspension .
Re: Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? by capsogiga(m): 3:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
Siena:
Self-levelling actuator, for High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps. Linked to front and rear suspension .

Thanks sir.

But what does this part do and is it safe to drive the car without it ?? My mechanic said he tried to fix the part to no avail.
If I have to replace the part how much will it cost and where can I get it in Abuja.

And what has it got to do with lamps. My headlamps are working fine.

Kindly respond sir. God bless u
Re: Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? by abatically(m): 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
capsogiga:

Thanks sir.

But what does this part do and is it safe to drive the car without it ?? My mechanic said he tried to fix the part to no avail.

And what has it got to do with lamps. My headlamps are working fine.

Kindly respond sir. God bless u

The auto leveler is there to adjust ur headlamps so u don't blind upcoming drivers at night. I assume ur car came with hid xenon lights from factory. Removing the part will cause ur headlights not to auto adjust, and of course u have those error codes on ur dash.
Re: Can Someone Pls Identify This Lexus Rx 330 Part And Exactly What It Does ??? by capsogiga(m): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
abatically:

The auto leveler is there to adjust ur headlamps so u don't blind upcoming drivers at night. I assume ur car came with hid xenon lights from factory. Removing the part will cause ur headlights not to auto adjust, and of course u have those error codes on ur dash.

Thanks abatically.

But why is it making so much grinding/squeaking noise Why is that the noise stops when it is detached from car?

(1) (Reply)

Comprehensive Car Scanning In Ibadan / Don't Drink And Drive. See What Alcohol Has Done To These Guys / Bentley Flying Spur Will Have Flying B Ornament That Retracts Like Rolls-Royce's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.