Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better (4387 Views)

Nairaland Ads Or Adwords? / Is This Problem From My Firefox Or Google? (pic Attached) / Google Adwords/ Keywords Expert Required Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
for sometime now I've been planning to advertise a blog but due to one or two things I've not been able to, but will do that soon.

So I want those who have used any(or preferably both) of them to help on choosing the best; As in the option with maximum positive outcome with out my money going down the drain.

and possibly their pros n cons

thanks in advance
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by maekhel(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
will like to knw too
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
maekhel:
will like to knw too
abi...?
am just waiting for those who've experience to help out
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
From what I've studied(, and lhpay)...

NL would improve your site rankings on alexa and locally...

But since and stopped NL ads their rankings dropped...

If you want to boost your local rankings use NL...

Note: I've never used NL ads or adwords...
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
GodMode:

Totally Wrong.

If rank decrease isn't because of NL ad, but because of traffic. The guy didn't do something unique. He did almost a clone of Nl which is not advisable.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 12:43am On Jan 04, 2015
GodMode:

uhmm... I actually don't care much about alexa ranking.

my concern is the traffic, would NL give me more traffic than google?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 1:06am On Jan 04, 2015
TheWholeTruth:

Totally Wrong.

If rank decrease isn't because of NL ad, but because of traffic. The guy didn't do something unique. He did almost a clone of Nl which is not advisable.
eeerm... what's your advice/take on the topic, I neesld to know the best
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 5:09am On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:

If your concern is traffic then look for other sites in your niche that get more traffic than u then advertise on those sites..

Google ads is based on keywords. You'll have to choose a popular keyword with high amount of searches... Advertising on google requires research.

But if your sole concern is to make your site popular. Then advertise on social media...
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 5:21am On Jan 04, 2015
GodMode:

If your concern is traffic then look for other sites in your niche that get more traffic than u then advertise on those sites..

Google ads is based on keywords. You'll have to choose a popular keyword with high amount of searches... Advertising on google requires research.

But if your sole concern is to make your site popular. Then advertise on social media...
the google ad am actually talking of is not those ones that appear on google search, am talking of those that appear on adsense ppc ads.

about the social media adverts, if I choose to advertise on Facebook, what am I advertising; the Facebook page ofy site or the site itself.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 7:07am On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:
the google ad am actually talking of is not those ones that appear on google search, am talking of those that appear on adsense ppc ads.

about the social media adverts, if I choose to advertise on Facebook, what am I advertising; the Facebook page ofy site or the site itself.

Facebook can do both. But its better to get lots of page likes and followers on social media.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 04, 2015
For a start, use nairaland ads...

. Google adwords is also credible but i advise you use both.

smiley
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 7:52am On Jan 04, 2015
GodMode:

Facebook can do both. But its better to get lots of page likes and followers on social media.
hmm... Facebook seems promising, what I don't know about Facebook is, the likes it generates is targeted for my niche. not when I operate a tech site or so, and I get people who are business oriented liking my page. it won't yield positive result.

do you know Facebook pricing?
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 7:58am On Jan 04, 2015
coolsix:
For a start, use nairaland ads...

. Google adwords is also credible but i advise you use both.

smiley
hmm...
I'd choose to use NL but on NL once the ad is running your money is going wether you get a click or not but with google you get charged per click. this is the reason I wanted those who have used/tried the both of them to share their experience.

well am going with one of them n Facebook
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:
hmm... Facebook seems promising, what I don't know about Facebook is, the likes it generates is targeted for my niche. not when I operate a tech site or so, and I get people who are business oriented liking my page. it won't yield positive result.

do you know Facebook pricing?

$0.01 per like but it depends on the people you are targeting and how you configure it.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 9:16am On Jan 04, 2015
GodMode:

$0.01 per like but it depends on the people you are targeting and how you configure it.

wow...wow.

mehn... it seems there's a lot I need to learn about this Facebook ads.

could you please explain the targeting n configuration z little cos I'll like to give it a shot with a $10 test and see how it goes
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:
hmm...
I'd choose to use NL but on NL once the ad is running your money is going wether you get a click or not but with google you get charged per click. this is the reason I wanted those who have used/tried the both of them to share their experience.

well am going with one of them n Facebook

Yes, that's one issue about Nairaland, whether you get a click or not, your money is deducted but Nairaland has good traffic and it's truly targeted unlike Google adwords, Your ads display on Any site, for example, a Web hosting site advertising via Google and ads display on a music site via adsense .. What traffic do you expect from such site?
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 9:43am On Jan 04, 2015
coolsix:

Yes, that's one issue about Nairaland, whether you get a click or not, your money is deducted but Nairaland has good traffic and it's truly targeted unlike Google adwords, Your ads display on Any site, for example, a Web hosting site advertising via Google and ads display on a music site via adsense .. What traffic do you expect from such site?
hmm.. yea yea... google adwords traffic is not targeted at all...

well. I'll forget both(NL n google) of them for now and focus on Facebook and maybe later return to NL.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 10:28am On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:
wow...wow.

mehn... it seems there's a lot I need to learn about this Facebook ads.

could you please explain the targeting n configuration z little cos I'll like to give it a shot with a $10 test and see how it goes

When u create a facebook ad.. reduce the CPC(Cost Per Click) to $0.01 before you submit your ads.. make sure you read the instructions carefully... cos the CPC is not in a place u can easily see it.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2015
GodMode:

When u create a facebook ad.. reduce the CPC(Cost Per Click) to $0.01 before you submit your ads.. make sure you read the instructions carefully... cos the CPC is not in a place u can easily see it.

ok. thanks a lot.
but this particular ad you're talking of now is it the one for Facebook page like or direct advertising if the site?
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by teamup: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
guys I will not advice Nl advert I paid for a week ad on Nl for my blog and I only receive 2click
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
teamup:
guys I will not advice Nl advert I paid for a week ad on Nl for my blog and I only receive 2click
bwahahahahaha.. sorry I don't mean to ridicule.
but
this is what am avoiding...
I don't want to pay n get zero click mehn.. that's too bad

but is the ad for the site on your signature?
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:

ok. thanks a lot.
but this particular ad you're talking of now is it the one for Facebook page like or direct advertising if the site?

I used it for page likes.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
GodMode:

I used it for page likes.
ok.
does that mean I'll be charged $0.01 for each Facebook like generated from the ad?
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:

Thanks for clarifying your objective: that is, you
just want traffic/clicks.

But then BOTS can also deliver clicks (although
I'm guessing you may not like bots clicking away at
your site!)

Seriously, take a closer look at the niche you're
working in. Remember you're actually targeting
REAL human beings.

Who is your target audience?

Where is your target audience more likely to see
your offer?

WHY should they click on your offer?

When you answer these questions, you'll make a
more informed decision rather than mere guesswork.

Cheers!
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:
ok.
does that mean I'll be charged $0.01 for each Facebook like generated from the ad?

Yes...
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
alignacademy:

Thanks for clarifying your objective: that is, you
just want traffic/clicks.

But then BOTS can also deliver clicks (although
I'm guessing you may not like bots clicking away at
your site!)

Seriously, take a closer look at the niche you're
working in. Remember you're actually targeting
REAL human beings.

Who is your target audience?

Where is your target audience more likely to see
your offer?

WHY should they click on your offer?

When you answer these questions, you'll make a
more informed decision rather than mere guesswork.

Cheers!

actually, why I don't care much about alexa ranking is, alexa ranking is sh¡tty(don't bother to know why or how)

most def I won't like bots clicking. its very annoying that's why am looking at google from a positivr angle, cos google adsense bans any website user that makes use of bots to generate clicks.

so now, what's your take?
that I go with NL? or what?
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
My moniker says it all.

Clear throat....

I have placed many ads on NL and one thing is still unclear to me. I do track visitors from NL ad and they behave funny.

Have you asked yourself, why is there no comments on threads. If you think deeper you will understand what I meant.

I wouldn't want to go further to avoid the unknown.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
GodMode:

Yes...
wow.

then I've got to get started.

but does this same method also work with everyother ad, like promotion/advertising of website(not page), promotion post?
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
TheWholeTruth:
My moniker says it all.

Clear throat....

I have placed many ads on NL and one thing is still unclear to me. I do track visitors from NL ad and they behave funny.

Have you asked yourself, why is there no comments on threads. If you think deeper you will understand what I meant.

I wouldn't want to go further to avoid the unknown

to avoid ban.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:
hmm.. yea yea... google adwords traffic is not targeted at all...

well. I'll forget both(NL n google) of them for now and focus on Facebook and maybe later return to NL.

Said by who, Google Adwords is more targeted than Nairaland. Do you think it's only Nigerians that access Nairaland

Google display ads by IP address and Web page content while NL doesn't.
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by GodMode: 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
henryobinna:
wow.

then I've got to get started.

but does this same method also work with everyother ad, like promotion/advertising of website(not page), promotion post?

I haven't tried it with links or websites.. The method is about trying your best to reduce CPC on your ads...
Re: Nairaland ADS Or Google Adwords Which Is Better by henryobinna(m): 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
TheWholeTruth:

Said by who, Google Adwords is more targeted than Nairaland. Do you think it's only Nigerians that access Nairaland

Google display ads by IP address and Web page content while NL doesn't.
now you don't get what I meant.

on so many blogs lemme say tech blogs you see political sh¡t from adsense, tell me what kind of targeting is that?

google's targeting is only basec on location mean while my targeting is based on intereste of which NL does if you place your ad on a section that its relevant to

(1) (2) (Reply)

On-page SEO: 10 Techniques To Optimize Your Blog Posts / How To Build An Ecommerce Site / Nigeria .ng Domains Hit 100,973

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.