Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One (26770 Views)

A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones / What's Your Favourite Memory Growing Up In Nigeria? / In Memory Of My Baby """"2001 - 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Oluwason(m): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
My Immediate elder bro, he led me to Christ which was d best thing that ever happened to me.

6 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by MizMyColi(f): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
Abduletudaye:
My Grandpa & Granny...no matter how hard the kids tried, we couldn't offend them. They would just smile at us and those smiles were priceless. I miss them sad

They both died last year..

The poster above me @Miz mycoli is my model smiley

They're in a better place now.
#Bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Abduletudaye(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

They're in a better place now.
#Bless

Abi..
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by huntila(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lost a child hood friend during valentine period in my 200 level. Broke down totally because I spoke to him on Valentine's day and he promised to be home to share his valentine story. Two days after, he died in a car crash . Anytime I see his mum. I see his face. I see his mum everyday .
Lost a crush also to sickle cell . It was devastating . Let's thank God for life and appreciate loved ones while they are still around

5 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by TrishaP(f): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
My Grandpa, he was a fisherman, whenever he comes visiting he comes with bags of fresh seafoods like crabs, periwinkles, tilapias, prawns, crayfish and some tiny fishes(can't remember the name). smiley

We the kids we weren't in a least bit interested in learning our language, so every evening he'll bring us outside the coming and start teaching us. His presence enlightens our home, Who wouldn't love such person. grin

I miss the way he laughs, his protruded tummy bounces whenever he laughs and his teeth..umm...I can't explain that cus some people might not stop laughing. smiley

On the 30th July 2010 Death took him away cry

Miss him

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by remsonik(f): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mine is my grandmum

I remember it was in the abacha era and civil servants were being owed salary for months and things were hard for my parents,my grandma travelled all the way from her village in ogbomoso to Oyo town with a meal of pounded yam,vegetable and bush meat. When my mum asked why she had to risk the road and come down she said how could she prepare a sumptuous meal to eat and her daughter's family is suffering and my parents hasn't been paid.

Iya ni maami...

5 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Etetejake(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mine was my dad.
He never buy me a birthday gift b4 not bkx he doesn't want to, but bkx he doesn't have the money. But the year he eventually did I lost him the following year.
We had a little misunderstanding b4 he left for work. He was so annoyed that he said that I will see wot he will do to me. But he never did return alive. That was wen my whole life shattered. I loved him and never tell him how much I loved him. I still feel the pain everyday since 30th of Jan 2012.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Karleb(m): 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mine was when my grandmother gave me and my brother sêx education, believe me it wwas awkward and not funny. undecided

Another was when she did her send off, it was very lively mhen, we danced from our house to the school which was not far at all from our house, I seriously wish to treasure these memories but sadly they're fading away. sad

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Rapmoney(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Rest in peace to my kid sister, Amaka who died on the 3rd of October, 2003...she was the last; a lovely and amiable person. Still remember how she would dance around the house when dad would buy her stuffs from work. So many tears in my eyes...I weep.

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Abiagirl777(f): 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sir P,you'll live foreva in my memory.we still miss you

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by ceejay80s(m): 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lost My Brother in 2012
Pneumonia is a bastard disease, it wasn't really funny when I heard the news
People thought we were twins because we look very much alike an we always and I mean always wear face cap
Still miss u so much Jerry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by akoma28: 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mine was my grandmother.
She somuch loved dogs to the extent of going for Thanksgchurch in church when she lost one of them for days and the dog miraculously came back after she lost hope of seeing her again. I missed her so much and her locally made stew they call "Fran". She died in 2000 after years on stroke

4 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Goodquestion(m): 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
safarigirl:
Mine is my mother.

Sometime in February of 2003, I was 9 years old, so I and my siblings were dressed up to go out with my uncles and then my siblings started making fun of my clothes. They said I had no dress sense and most of my clothes didn't fit.

I got mad and said I wasn't going out anymore, so my mum pulled me to a mirror and made me look at my reflection and said, "You're a beautiful girl and your clothes are fine, don't listen to them, you're the most fashionable child in this house. Don't ever allow what anyone says make you cry.". I eventually went along, but I did waste enough time to ensure we didn't stay as long as intended at the amusement park.

She died the next year. She was 39.

Care to share yours?

I believe she left for good knowing fully well that she left a great and beautiful family behind. She must have believed and trusted that the little time you guys spent together, you would be able to live ur life the way she has impacted and trusted you to live.

I remember my lovely mother who left me at the age of nine, very caring mother. She gave me all but did not wait for me to give her back those cares and love. I remember telling her that if she die today i will die the next day, but when she eventually died after a year and a half anguish and pain of sickness i did not keep my promise. REST IN PEACE MUMMY. After her lost was my sister (a second mother) I LOVE YOU ALL BUT GOD LOVE YOU MOST. I began to eat what i detest after i lost my mum. The drum changes and i have to change the dance step, Imagine a 10yrs old selling Indian hemp in another man's land. Thank God i am a change man who knows the good and the bad now. MORE STORIES TO HERE OF A SURVIVAL STRUGGLES BUT IT HAS TO END HERE. To all who love their love ones their enemies together we say "MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PERFECT PEACE. AMEN!!!

9 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Lilamartedi(f): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
My Dad.

Almost a year now, but still feels like yesterday. Wound is still very fresh and still hurts. I remember the last time I saw him February 1st 2014,he was on a hospital bed which unknowingly to me was his death bed. I remember telling him how I was going to resume school in a couple of weeks and how I wanted him to drive me down to school and drop me off. He smiled at me and held my hand while telling me not to worry that he's going to be discharged in a few days and he's going to make sure I get all I want for school. I remember how even on his death bed he made calls to ensure that I had a comfortable accommodation in the school hostel. While I was about leaving him he told me to look after my siblings for him (I was doing that for three weeks while he was hospitalised and mumsi nursed him). I was baffled at the statement but now I understand perfectly.

Heaven couldn't wait for you dad, and I know you are in a better place. I love you forever

4 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by orezyola(f): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
I ve many favourite memory of my dad but thee most recent one was 2013. I just finished youth corp service, I got to Ado Ekiti late at night and my lovely dad had to organised a car to take me to Ikole Ekiti (our base) for 6k even though there are places I can spend the night. He died Aug 12 2014. I love him so much and ve nt meet the man dat can be like him. Sleep on dad.

4 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by johnkente: 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
yea today is terrible day,after i woke dis morning i read a scripture that said why do good things happen to good people,i never knew that something was coming up later today, it was sad to hear this evening that a very young dynamic woman,a friend,a woman even whne no boday cares when my family was passing thru some challenges..........she dead today during child birth..........God pls she is not up to 37 years,pls God because of the little kids just give her another chance..........@$#tears

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by yoged(m): 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
cry my lovely dad, he is well known and has helped alot of people expecially youth. Those memories. Since we grew up in a tout environment, he doesn't want us to mingle with those peeps around. I, my dad and my 2 elder brother do played football together. So fun. I can Remember the France 98 world cup he'll me on his neck to watch football at his brothers house( uses battery) when the light has been seized. He died December 1998. I miss him alot. Almost 15 people came to return the money he borrowed them after his death which my mom didn't even know about.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Cwaya(m): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2015
DesChyko:
My Grandpa..

Early this year. Had a row with an elderly man in the village over electricity issues.
I was capable of handling the man myself but when word got around that I was involved in a physical tussle with that man, my grandfather who was down with partial stroke clothed himself for the first time since his return from the hospital, came out and took the fight into his own hands.
Everyone who knew his medical condition were surprised.
I was impressed and learnt a great lesson then.."Despite all hinderances, never desert family".

He was aged 84.

Gee!!
It is well

This thread can get me down for the rest of the day.

RIP Mum
RIP Dada

RIP Zona.

sad cry

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by 1miccza: 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
safarigirl:
lol.

When I was younger and we would visit my grandparents, my grandpa had this obsession with a volvo car my mum gave him, so whenever we sat on the boot, he'd be shourting at us in Igbo and telling us to get off his car, he rarely used it, but you dare not get close to it......I think most old men tend to be grouchy at certain pre-dementia points

You are so right and now I am so scared cos I'm begining to notice the signs in my once very vibrant dad who's far above 70.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Appswheel(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
MY MOTHER - SEE TRIBUTES BELOW

1. Tribute: My Landlady And I - A True Life Story

The piece you are about to read, is a true life story spiced with creativity to make it interesting, entertaining and memorable. Enjoy as you read.

Here is a true life account of my experience with Lady Roseline Ebunoluwa Olorunfemi. Her dear friend, Mr. Olorunfemi introduced me to her in the mid-80s. How long will he be staying she queried. I cut in and said Nine (9) months Ma. She helped me with my luggage and showed me to the guest room.

While the negotiation ensued between her and her friend, I stole several looks at Lady Rose, she was a beauty to behold. Her kind of beauty is not one you find every day; she qualifies for the African queen described by Nigeria music sensation Tuface Idibia in his song AFRICAN QUEEN. Her dark skin glimmers. My eyes coined the adjective “Duduyemi” to describe her.

After her friend’s departure, she confirmed to me that she was not charging me a dime for the accommodation. In her words, it is my pleasure to have you under my roof.

Lady Rose, was exceptionally hospitable, I am yet to experience the kind of hospitality she showed me. I had hardly settled when she rushed into the kitchen, peeled a half tuber of yam, sliced them into small pieces, washed them and put them in pot. As the yam boiled on the gas cooker, she showed me to the bathroom.

While having my shower, I heard a sound synonymous to mortar and pestle, I mused in my heart; I hope Lady Rose is not pounding yam by herself. I do not expect a queen like her to put herself through all that stress.

Knowing that I was whole heartedly welcomed by my host, I felt at home naturally. After my bath, I freshened up and wore a causal look in a blue shirt and black jean trouser. I heard a soft knock at my door, who is there, I queried? The response I got was, “Your food is ready”. I was not expecting her to prepare my meals, after providing me with such comfortable accommodation. I will be asking too much to be a pest on her for nine months.

The aroma of her soup hit me on my nose, this left me salivating. Ma, don’t worry about food, you should not have put yourself through all that stress for my sake. You should have waited for me to pound the yam. Her face was lit with smiles, her silence spoke these words, “it’s my pleasure”.

I took my place at the dining table, the sight of the food was one to behold - you find such on the banquets for nobles. My bowels emptied themselves. I ate with patience; I did not want to finish the food in a hurry. The soup was made from waterleaf and ugwu leaves, spiced with stocked fish, dry fish and other assorted meat. The soup reminded me of the menus I read about Calabar soups at “heaven bookshop”.

At nightfall, I retired to my room; I spent the rest of the night admiring the architectural master piece of its interior. Everything was just perfect, the paintings, the furniture, beddings e.t.c

On the wall hung a photo of Lady Rose and Mr. Olorunfemi. Another was one of her, Mr. Olorunfemi and two beautiful kids. She later introduced them as Ayodeji and Oluwatoyin.

Mr. Olorunfemi who introduced me to her was always checking on me, asking after my wellbeing and confirms if I am of good conduct. He worked with Nigeria Agricultural and Cooperative Bank, now Bank of Agriculture (BOA). His office was not so far away, I guess this afforded him the opportunity to visit her during his break hours.

As the months rolled by, I thought what will become of me at the end of nine months. I did not want to believe I will forgo the enjoyment that characterized my present accommodation. Food, light, water…. Just name it.

At the end of nine months, it was time to leave my accommodation; the thought of it saddened me. I worked up a plan. On the 16th of April 198?…., I locked myself up in my room. Madam rose screamed at my name but I did not respond to her call. She screamed help!!! at the top of her voice, this coincided with Mr. Olorunfemis visit. After she briefed him what was happening, he hurried to his car and drove off.

In a short while, he was back with a Man wearing white clothes and 3 other women who I later learnt to be Doctor and nurses. The doctor and the others wore a finger like material on their hands. I watched all that transpired while peeping through the key hole. They were determined to force the door open.

The man in white was their lead; he shouted the word PUSH!!! Whenever he did, I felt a heavy force trying to pull down the door to my room. In the bid to have a clearer view of what was happening, I decided to peep through the opening between the door and the floor. Unfortunately, the Man in white was also nursing the same thought with me.

As soon as I put my head to the ground, our eyes meet; he quickly grabbed me by the head. The opening was just enough to force me out of my room. I could not hold back my tears, the tears took their source from two thoughts. The first, “is this how to pay mama Rose for her kindness?” The other, “I have to wake to the reality of self-survival”.

The doctor gently pulled me by the head, afterwards he held me in his arms like a warrior who had just overcame his enemy. He walked up to my host and presented me to her. The looks in her eyes were those of gratitude, excitement, joy and love. They seem to mean, “Thank God he is safe and alive”. Her screams, tears had made way for smiles that characterized her person.

Having seen the look in her eyes, my fears melted away. She held me in her arms and feed me with pure milk which I was later taught in biology to be COLOSTRUM. The End – See how kind my Landlady was.

I dedicate this writing to the memory of my mother, Mrs. Remilekun Ebunoluwa Olorunfemi. 2013 makes it 10 years she departed this world. I have other creative writings inspired by her. I will put them together to create an online memorial for her.

TRIBUTE TO MY MOTHER
Ten years ago, we grieved about your physical absence from us. We wore heavy hearts, teary eyes and sullen faces to register our displeasure with death.

Ten years on, we celebrate your life. A life best described by one word, “SELFLESS”. You came into our lives and showed us love. You loved and loved until it hurt. Many times, we wondered if you ever had time for yourself; you dedicated much time making others happy.

You are our definition of a virtuous woman, the good thing God blessed our lives with. You were the fruitful vine from which Ayodeji, Oluwatoyin and Oloruntobiloba sprang.

Your few but affirmative words continue to make huge imparts in our lives as they did in the lives of all those who crossed your path.

The memories we share evokes thankful hearts. We recognize your impart in our present lives and so reiterate, “To live in our hearts, is not to die”. Remilekun, Ebunoluwa Olorunfemi LIVES ON!!!

May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

Continue to rest in the bossom of the Lord.

2. Tribute: Note to my Mother, o/c of St. Peter

I wrote these lines 3 years after my mother’s death (2006). Her thoughts are never far away

In care of Saint Peters to my loving Mother – Roseline Ebunoluwa Olorunfemi .

Mummy, I don’t know where or how to start this note
Its three years you departed this world;
your sojourn on planet earth was so short
yet you left so much legacy for us to follow

I remember the last letter I wrote to you from school,
dated Feb 2, 2003, I wrote these words
“Sweet mother I no go forget you”.
Those words were true.
I always prayed that God will bless you with long life
So that I would be able to reciprocate
your self-giving in my own little way
Death deprived me of this dream.

I count myself lucky, having an angel as my mum;
a mother who spent quality time caring for her family.
Mum, your good deeds are paying off
Good people don’t die!!!

When I was leaving for School (3rd term SS 2)
I mean the night before I left for school
You asked if you should help pack my bag
Can you remember my response? (smiles)
I said I was a big boy.

You sat and watched me “devour” the delicious
Meal you prepared for me;
My favourite pounded yam and waterleaf soup.
In the course of the meal,
You said this prayer, “This
Meal will not be the last I will prepare for you”
I said Amen to your prayer.

Man proposes but God disposes
God did not answer that prayer for reasons
best known to Him.

Mum, your sleepless nights praying for us
Have not being in vain
God has been kind to us

A miracle child you were,
You put smiles on the faces of all those you
came in contact with.
Being the 3rd child in your family (A female)
Never made you shy away from your responsibilities.
God chose you to be a PILLAR in the family.

I am glad to let you know that
all the advice you passed on to me
are perfectly guarded in my heart.
I am consoled by the truth that the soul
of the righteous is with the Lord.

He was kind to the Olorunfemi family by blessing us
with you - A supernatural being.

Mum, I am now in the University,
A clear indication that God heard all the prayers you offered to
Him on my behalf.

Every passing second hold a memorable thought
of you [My great mother].
If there is a second world, I will be tempted to take you
as a wife (you must be smiling now).
At least, a wife doubles as mother too.

Can you recall how you taught me to swallow pounded yam?
I remember those moments when we sat opposite each other
on the dining table.
The memories playback like a movie scene
You will roll up a little morsel in your hands and ask me to do same
Then you demonstrate how to swallow it.
That’s how I stopped chewing pounded yam.

I can never forget the impact you played in my academics
Who will believe that a SS 2 student in boarding school
will need up to 10,000 naira
(Dad must not hear this o).
Needless to say the carton of bakers biscuit, tins of Milo and peak milk.

Your trust, love and care for me combined with Gods grace
Spurred me to excel, I couldn’t afford to perform averagely.
All the good results I made in secondary school were for you.

I miss greatly, your high sense of humor;
you tell many jokes
One to remember was about my habit of staying indoors all the time
(Can you remember mum?)
I will keep it secret between you and I (I cross my heart).
I also miss the wonderful smiles that herald your person
And the caring look that is always prevalent in your eyes.

Babaiyere (Father of his mother) as you fondly called me
Serves as a constant reminder of the unquantifiable love
You had for me.

You were true to your name Ebunoluwa (Gods gift)
You remain one of the greatest gifts God as offered me in my lifetime
Second to the gift of his beloved son – Jesus Christ.

Your mother continues to mourn you.
I know you are not happy to hear this.
Don’t forget she named you Molo (Don’t leave);
That’s how much she loves and treasures you.
Moreover, you showed her all the love in the World

Your husband continues to miss you
You were all that he had “the Virtuous woman God
blessed him with.
He remains grateful to you for building a wonderful home
for him – one that blossoms with love.

As long as I breath, I’ll continue to treasure and nurture
The legacies and values you passed on to me.
From your baby – Babaiyere.

Rest in peace till me meet to part no more
I have good, great memories of my mother. If your mother is alive, give and show her all the love she deserves.

READ MORE TRIBUTES ON MY EDUCATIONAL PORTAL - SEE ADDRESS BELOW

10 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by bignbold(f): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
My Elder Sister
She is a humble,kind hearted and lovable woman.she went to d hospital and never came back.I last saw her on Easter 2012 she died October 9 2012. I miss her so much.
I pray she continue to rest in peace. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
safarigirl:
Mine is my mother.

Sometime in February of 2003, I was 9 years old, so I and my siblings were dressed up to go out with my uncles and then my siblings started making fun of my clothes. They said I had no dress sense and most of my clothes didn't fit.

I got mad and said I wasn't going out anymore, so my mum pulled me to a mirror and made me look at my reflection and said, "You're a beautiful girl and your clothes are fine, don't listen to them, you're the most fashionable child in this house. Don't ever allow what anyone says make you cry.". I eventually went along, but I did waste enough time to ensure we didn't stay as long as intended at the amusement park.

She died the next year. She was 39.

Care to share yours?

Accept my sympathy. mine was my mum as well, in 2002, we all travelled home for Xmas, she was cooking on the 25th morning I was playing with my sisters she asked me to join her in the kitchen, I obliged, while we where cooking she started giving advice on her to cater for the family , how to keep myself pure on until marriage, how to be closer to God , and many other things. I never took her serious all I wanted was let's get done with this cooking so that I can join my mates at the stream. little did I know that will be the last time we will sit and discuss like mother and daughter.
the following year 2003, she joined her ancestors , she was just 38. adieu mummy.

2 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by 1miccza: 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
Mine is on my aunt my mum's eldest sister she died in the year 1997. When I fell into a coma for about 5 days,she revived me with several shots of different injections if not maybe I would have been a mere memory now. I got to know of her deeds when I woke up. She died after suffering from a chronic case of asthma for almost thirty years...
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Defcon1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
sorry for your loss at such a tender age.
l lost mine in July last year,and after all these months,the grief never goes away
l miss everything she was as a
mom
All that is left is just memories.
l feel your thoughts like mine.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by MadCow1: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
[b]Grandma..

Awesome lady she was. Too many memories of her.

She was the perfect description of an over protective mother, most especially protective of her grandkids of which I believe I was her favourite. I heard stories of things she did during my pregnancy and I am grateful for all that.

I remember how she would give us baths as kids (which we never liked because grandma would scrub you like she was trying to peel off your top skin). I was quite a lazy kid then and it was only grandma that would come over to visit and do all my laundry. She never spoke English with me despite her having perfect mastery of the English language and thanks to her, I am today fluent in my native tongue, sadly though since she passed, I have rarely had anyone to converse with in my native tongue.

I remember her singing so loud on that fateful night when we got robbed at gunpoint at home. She clutched my youngest sister then only 8 months old, lying face down on the floor, she kept singing this song of help to God in our local dialect and wouldn't stop despite threats from the robbers that they would shoot her if she didnt stop singing.

I miss her midnight soliloquies. Grandma would seat alone in the dark peeling the skin off of her egusi that she sold and talking to herself. Infact she would hold a full conversation with herself. Those were the times I knew the problems she faced (none of which were hers) cos she talked about everything. She worried about everything and everyone. That use to scare the daylights out of my siblings, but I never minded, it was her thing.

I remember stealing my dad's car keys from her (cos my folks had travelled and left the keys with her for the driver) and going on a joy ride. When I returned, Grandma was in tears sitting in the midst of my family close friends who lived nearby whom she had gone to call. Funny thing is grandma never snitched on me and pleaded with those she had called not to tell my folks.

I also remember how she would smile so brightly whenever I hailed her 'Grandma international'. I promised to fly her abroad but sadly she passed on just as I was coming into my own. I remember breaking down in tears inside my office when I got the news. She was a true amazon.

Some of my finest moments with her were the times I would drive her to her age grade meetings and treat her like the Queen Mother that she was. I knew she loved it because she would walk into the meeting or church with a swagger dripping with pride. I also remember the Christmas in the village when we surprised her in church. We showed up in uniform, with loads of rice and other stuff and had an impromptu thanksgiving service for her that Sunday. Grandma looked like she was going to die from sheer excitement. She danced like she was doing it for television.
I can keep reminiscing the times I spent with her and it would all be good times.

She was epic to say the least.

MAY 2ND 1919 - 17 JUNE 2013.. AGED 94.

RIP Grandma.. I love you even in death.
[/b]

10 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by WINDSOW(m): 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
If I can make a last wish to heaven is to C my late brother Thompson come back a second n I'll be the most fulfilled on earth.
He ws ridiculed with convulsion.of course,evil forces of darkness in a face-me-I-face-U apartment 20yrd ago.
We were like twins bt I ws 2yrs older.The vacuum he left can't be closed.
Hwbeit,will name one of my sons after him as a sign of LOVE I have for him.
*Crying heavily**
Goodbye Thompson

3 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by moscobabs(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
My younger brother...he sponsored me tru out my University and I remember I promised him to do more than what he did for me ..but he never wait to enjoy the sweetest of this earth.

I lost him on Esther day in 2006

''iku doro''
Rest in peace Aburo.....I see him in my dream at least 4 times in a week

3 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by cotzywitzy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
Dipo a friend of mine... A wonderful, Jovial, easygoing and funny guy... Before writing our final year paper he got sick but yet he completed his exams and we all thought our dear friend is back stronger.. Few weeks to NYSC he got sick and got bed ridden for almost 1year he couldn't go to camp he eventually passed ... it was such a terrible moment cos I never believes such person could die u timely... God knows best... Continue to Rest in Peace.. EL SWAG PAPICHULA (DIPO)
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Mintayo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
My Dad. A pastor. A strict disciplinarian. Gave me a wonderful foundation. I am what I am today because of him.
Thought me, schooled me, helped me with my studies when other kids were off to tutorial.
I would have achieved more if he is alive today.
A living Father, diligent and handsome too. Got my pink lips from him... Lol.
He bowed to diabetes on the 5th of February 2001 when we all thought he would get better.
He was 67.
And painfully, I didn't see him right from the day he was admitted till when he died at UCH (damn, I hate that uch ).
Rest on Dad.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by bafm(f): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hmmmm..I dnt know where to start from,I lost my mum to d cold hand of death on 8-2-14, she came to visit me cos I just had a baby(dis is d first time she'll visit me in my home)..
My mum was a lovely mother,she was always there,whenever I need someone to talk to xpecially whn I have nightmares..
When she was @ my place,we talked,laugh n I was happy dt my mummy was with me live cos it was like a movie to me,the funniest thing was when she told me she was watching her weight,she doesn't eat meat,fried egg,chicken,I was laughing @her cos to be sincere,her stature was perfect,u won't knw she's a grandmother yet..
There was a day she took d broom n swept d sitting room cos I told her my hubby was coming home,I was surprise cos d house wasn't dirty bt she told me dt "men doesn't like it when the house is disorganized"..
On the day she was going back to lag,she woke me up n said she was ready,I asked her if she has took her bath,bt she said she'll bath when she get to lag,she n those dt came with her prayed on d car,I couldn't look @her cos I was almost crying cos part of me doesn't want her to go..she died in a fatal accident along okene road..I miss her soooo much..
RIP my dearest mum..

4 Likes

Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
A lot of memories of my dad. Buh while I was in sch he said see I am your father and I will cater for whatever you need and don't look at anybody am there for u.he also said I shouldn't let anybody or anytin make me sad.I have planned to care for him too buh unfortunately death took him away november 2 2014 two days to my camp.even. When I had promised to give him my first allawee.
Re: Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One by toykathy(f): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
I lost someone very close to me last nyt and i cant think of anything other than his smiles. RIP FBI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I'm Building A Future Not Supported By My Wife / Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / My Husband Wants To Use Me For Money Rituals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.