Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

5 Major Disadvantages Of Android - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android (50687 Views)

Tech: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Android Phone Major Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
miketayo:

been dere done dat still cool
lies, name 3 mmorpg on android
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by mrpackager(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
ritababe:
change uur imei number first

HOW DU I DO DAT.......plz help!!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
mrpackager:

HOW DU I DO DAT.......plz help!!

first download mobile uncle from playstore
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by KazukiIto(m): 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
runzlord:

Should we meet and argue this one on one?
I killed ur points u had ntin else to say.

Yea u did. Feeling better!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LewisO: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2015
runzlord:
i not derailing android, am saying the software causes the hardware to behave that way, even if u pick an m8 android, and m8 wp, u will see the diff in the way the phones peform tho they are the exact same hardware specs.
Seems u wanna over-hype iOS to android, I can give u the pure fact about it and comparison of the two Android is more way enjoyable and user friendly to iOS, because of lots of applications and others.

Android voting to iOS is 65-35 so comparing, "Apple" is just cheating there customers over there products which people know but just wanna show they are Apple users.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Osytha(m): 1:06am On Jan 05, 2015
runzlord:
n01 fact is, ive used the phone you're currently using. n02 fact is, uve not used other platforms except from Android. You always think fish is the best until you taste chicken. n03 fact is it is pointless arguing with you cos you will never keep an open mind and face fact.
Lemme make this straight

I belive u use a high end phone
1. U want to tell me there is no time you made a selection in ur pjone and it tooks seconds before it responded? The more files and apps u have, the more seconds till ur phone begins to freeze

2. Its not my idea. Its fact. If you play the same game on iPhone on android. If iphone goes down by 5%, android would go down by 15%.

3. I onced used just 40 mb on an ipad, mtn 3G for 2 days. We all know thats impossible on android, and someone above said its because android offers better browsers abi internet experience? Now is there such thing as that? No. That is to show the level of ignorance im dealing with here. You tell me which browser on android is better than safari on ios? I dont come on nairaland to say what I like, ive never said what I like. I say what I experience.

4. Ever f.uking android phone ive held over heat after few minutes of use, it takes hours for an iphone to over heat.

5. Haba. To be a programer for apple and have your on the app store, you will have to pay a fee of $99. But android is completely free. Now with common sense which would have more crap in it store?
i don't post or reply comments on nairaland but i think i will this time. Hello fellow human, kindly stop being limited. Have you used an andriod as expensive as that ipad you were refering to? Habah, please save and get a samsung s5 or htc one(m8). These phones are closer in price range, when you get it then you make use of the whole before you draw conclusion. When you said you made us of some megabyte to browse for two days or so on your ipad, i became excited because i never experienced such with my own ipad, so am guessing you teach me. An andriod fone getting hot? Is it htc? Cos originally htc fones were made and branded for cold regions. Hello samsung s5 users, has your phone ever for once gotten hot? Or hand? Well, nt the s5 i knw... Unless the one you saw is aba made. I make use of phones, infact you can call me a phone freak, i ensure i use the latest brand of fone bt yet in all this years, there hasn't been any like andriod. Agreed, much malware @playstore bt we aint complaining, as far as we have apps that works perfectly and we can even share with friends, hehehehe, unlike some ppl...(myself included 'cos i have an ipad, so dnt feel lonely). Infact, i hope you havn't seen the new motorolla andriod! I hope u don't because when u do, u might throw away your "almighty" ipad and get that. Said my mind...
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 05, 2015
Osytha:
i don't post or reply comments on nairaland but i think i will this time. Hello fellow human, kindly stop being limited. Have you used an andriod as expensive as that ipad you were refering to? Habah, please save and get a samsung s5 or htc one(m8). These phones are closer in price range, when you get it then you make use of the whole before you draw conclusion. When you said you made us of some megabyte to browse for two days or so on your ipad, i became excited because i never experienced such with my own ipad, so am guessing you teach me. An andriod fone getting hot? Is it htc? Cos originally htc fones were made and branded for cold regions. Hello samsung s5 users, has your phone ever for once gotten hot? Or hand? Well, nt the s5 i knw... Unless the one you saw is aba made. I make use of phones, infact you can call me a phone freak, i ensure i use the latest brand of fone bt yet in all this years, there hasn't been any like andriod. Agreed, much malware @playstore bt we aint complaining, as far as we have apps that works perfectly and we can even share with friends, hehehehe, unlike some ppl...(myself included 'cos i have an ipad, so dnt feel lonely). Infact, i hope you havn't seen the new motorolla andriod! I hope u don't because when u do, u might throw away your "almighty" ipad and get that. Said my mind...
So wrong. Dude. I will choice an apple device over android anyday anytime. U only disagreed with 2 points ovr 5. The main problem is i wish i can see all of u that do nt agree and proof it in pratical in ur eyes, with ur phone. And i hate it telling me its the phone am using, almost everybody has said that, i laugh cos they dont knw.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 05, 2015
LewisO:

Seems u wanna over-hype iOS to android, I can give u the pure fact about it and comparison of the two Android is more way enjoyable and user friendly to iOS, because of lots of applications and others.

Android voting to iOS is 65-35 so comparing, "Apple" is just cheating there customers over there products which people know but just wanna show they are Apple users.
The only reason android is better than ios is customization! Thaz all.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 05, 2015
threadstone:
Runzlord, well spoken.. Theyll be quick to condemn anything u say. Even the gionee jiayu infinix be elephone loving thread users will be here forming flagship. Everyone is quick to mention that android never heats up like we were born yesterday. Samsung s4 htc one users, are u still here?

The op made some salient points. Android hangs ( yes all phones do) but if u put the android ecosystem at 80% and more than half of the android phones are midrange devices, why wont it hang?

Pls spare me all those talk of 3000mAH 4000 bs, when a phone heats up due to usage (more energy is lost hence battery drain.

Malware ish
Remember when bbm came to ios and android. Part of the issue most android users faced was having to download various crapwares and malwares claiming to be bbm due to the opensourced nature of android playstore which led to the project being suspended.
They are more malwares in the playstore than any other market.

Octacore hexacore heptacore etc too much reliance on paper specs. yet theres no one close to bb10 in multitasking.

If making an OS was an easy task tell your samsung htc jiayu elephone lg acer hp asus be tecno oems to make theirs not load the

And before u mention customization, have u ever heard of jailbreaking? Thats your android equivalent of rooting and its sooooo superb infact most of its features are being loaded at the next ios update.

80% of u here are stuck for life on jellybean or gingerbread os. No movement up except u buy a new device.

I was in ur shoes before Samsung Mega, lg ls840. (Super hot), grand duos, s duos. And before u say i dont know jack. I handle various devices everyday.So i know of heating, hanging and all.

Begged for kitkat for aeons. moved to CM11 CM12. Dumped d crap. Joined d ios team. Loving life here.

Ios 8.0.2, stepped up to 8.1.2 moving to 8.2
Still sure of getting ios 9 10 11. Three frigging years update! Can u say the same for your device
Thanks.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 05, 2015
ritababe:

first download mobile uncle from playstore
*#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#*
Try this. Works 4 arm and nt only mtk.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 4:18am On Jan 05, 2015
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 05, 2015
threadstone:
Runzlord, well spoken.. Theyll be quick to condemn anything u say. Even the gionee jiayu infinix be elephone loving thread users will be here forming flagship. Everyone is quick to mention that android never heats up like we were born yesterday. Samsung s4 htc one users, are u still here?

The op made some salient points. Android hangs ( yes all phones do) but if u put the android ecosystem at 80% and more than half of the android phones are midrange devices, why wont it hang?

Pls spare me all those talk of 3000mAH 4000 bs, when a phone heats up due to usage (more energy is lost hence battery drain.

Malware ish
Remember when bbm came to ios and android. Part of the issue most android users faced was having to download various crapwares and malwares claiming to be bbm due to the opensourced nature of android playstore which led to the project being suspended.
They are more malwares in the playstore than any other market.

Octacore hexacore heptacore etc too much reliance on paper specs. yet theres no one close to bb10 in multitasking.

If making an OS was an easy task tell your samsung htc jiayu elephone lg acer hp asus be tecno oems to make theirs not load the

And before u mention customization, have u ever heard of jailbreaking? Thats your android equivalent of rooting and its sooooo superb infact most of its features are being loaded at the next ios update.

80% of u here are stuck for life on jellybean or gingerbread os. No movement up except u buy a new device.

I was in ur shoes before Samsung Mega, lg ls840. (Super hot), grand duos, s duos. And before u say i dont know jack. I handle various devices everyday.So i know of heating, hanging and all.

Begged for kitkat for aeons. moved to CM11 CM12. Dumped d crap. Joined d ios team. Loving life here.

Ios 8.0.2, stepped up to 8.1.2 moving to 8.2
Still sure of getting ios 9 10 11. Three frigging years update! Can u say the same for your device
Well spoken, I partly agree with you but I think u missed it when u said no android device is better than bb10 in multi-tasking. Try samsung note 3 ,note 4 or s5, u will be shocked with the multitasking. Note 3 and 4 can perform a lot of things with stylus pen-I mean a lot. Try youtube videos or reviews. I really like the iOS cos it's safer than android cos Google aint stingy like Apple- If Google had kept android like Apple kept iOS,there won't be malware on android playstore. Is any apple device water resistance or water proof? Try Sony -the best in that aspect or try Samsung a rookie in that area. U talked Jailbreaking-well it isn't as easy as rooting. Agree or disagree? Well, let's talk about screen technology, Samsung uses Super Amoled, what does Apple use? LCD or what?- LED? All thesd stands no chance against Super Amoled. Well, I must acknowledge the fact that Apple fingerprint ID beats samsung and htc max hand's down but have u seen huawei mate 7 finger print ID?-miles better,even 360 degree capability and high sensitive and u can even use a wet finger!!! Well iPhone 6 and 6 plus Camera's very sexy, check samsung's note 4 camera review with iphone 6 and 6 plus review. Well, Samsung note 4 even has better graphics engine tham iPhone 6. Sony has scratch proof,and dust proof glass technology with water proof body! Apple has only scratch proof glass. The only tangible reason is that android lags atimes while iOS is completely lagfree-This, I think is Apple's master achievement and most valid point over Android anytime. But Android also has a lot of valid point. Maybe if Apple releases iOS to other phone manufacturers to make,they can compete with the ever increasing innovations of Samsung,htc,Sony,Nexus,motorola,etc. THANKS TO YOU ALL
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2015
hijaynation:

Fool did I lie......those 4000bla bla bla and 16gb MP na just number and u guys don't know it
you can call the 16mp camera number if it's in a Chinese smartphone not Samsung....... have you ever seen sony camera? .....and as for the 4000mah battery, it's stronger than any apple battery.... you're just naive.... we all love apple but tell me are you using iPhone 5 ? of course not..... you should know that you are the fool not me... go to phonearena and do reviews surely you will see your foolishness
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Galadimabawa: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2015
geniusbami:

The way out is a matter of the level of Android U're using and how well U control the data consumption by your Android. See this www.nairaland.com/2073690/how-control-devices-data-consumption
very helpfull especially that background data restriction, Thank I most admit.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by damilola231(f): 10:24am On Jan 05, 2015
ritababe:
I flez with glo bis 3gig for 1k am ok with it
Pls o, does the glo bis work on andriod? If yes, pls hw do I go bou it?
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2015
damilola231:

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2015
damilola231:

yes it work, change ur andoid imei number before subscribing
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by damilola231(f): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
ritababe:
yes it work, change ur andoid imei number before subscribing
Ermm, sorry to stress you but do u ve a link or know how I can do that?
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
damilola231:

Ermm, sorry to stress you but do u ve a link or know how I can do that?
the link https://www.nairaland.com/1966757/how-use-glo-bis-non i can still teach u step by step but am busy now
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Jerryolumide(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
ritababe:
the link https://www.nairaland.com/1966757/how-use-glo-bis-non i can still teach u step by step but am busy now
hmmmmm
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by damilola231(f): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
ritababe:
Thanks a lot... This is alright too
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
Jerryolumide:
hmmmmm
any probs
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by PhoneGist(m): 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Actually on my Innjoo phone i did not experience any of this...the feeling was near perfect.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by miketayo(m): 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
Baddestguyp:
lies, name 3 mmorpg on android

can name 20 on windows phone havent played it on android
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by hijaynation(m): 1:09am On Jan 06, 2015
lilbest4:
you can call the 16mp camera number if it's in a Chinese smartphone not Samsung....... have you ever seen sony camera? .....and as for the 4000mah battery, it's stronger than any apple battery.... you're just naive.... we all love apple but tell me are you using iPhone 5 ? of course not..... you should know that you are the fool not me... go to phonearena and do reviews surely you will see your foolishness
look at this goat talking I don't av to go to any bla bla site okay.....even in samsung their camera ain't up to iPhone 8mp gat no time for u tho
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by hijaynation(m): 1:11am On Jan 06, 2015
akashi01:
and who told you that I'm Interested in showing off with "elite peeps".....oponu go chill with your 5th hand iPhone, (that's if you even have it at all)
that's what I'm using to reply u tho stop hating when I was using samsung s2 I didn't hate on d iPhone users cuz I knew that mine was on d way....so take ur rubbish bk to ur ass
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2015
hijaynation:
look at this goat talking I don't av to go to any bla bla site okay.....even in samsung their camera ain't up to iPhone 8mp gat no time for u tho
you are a complete fool. all you know how to do insult.... mumu
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 11:07am On Jan 06, 2015
miketayo:

can name 20 on windows phone havent played it on android
name them, but first name the ones I asked
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by opeyehmmy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
runzlord:
Nothing in the Universe is perfect, noting like
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think
about Android because of its major Disadvantages. Today I am going to
share with you some of the most
annoying Disadvantages of Android.

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

1. Hangs a lot
Android is good at lagging and
continuously hanging your phone,
whatever you do it annoys a lot.
Whether you are playing games or you are browsing your gallery
or you are surfing internet, its hangs a lot.

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

5. Box of Malware Google play store
I agree that Google play has some nice applications sorry many nice
applications but somehow spammers, hackers are ahead of putting malware in
Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

http://www.drawbacksof.com/disadvantages-of-android-5-major-drawbacks/

OP, ur life is in DANGER!
runzlord:
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

[b]1. Hangs a lot

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

OP, ur life is in DANGER![/b]
runzlord:

1. Hangs a lot

2. Drain battery

3. It drains data

4. Over heats

@karo_runzlord

OP, ur life is in DANGER!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by miketayo(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
Baddestguyp:
name them, but first name the ones I asked

u didnt ask for a specific one .. order & chaos, roman empire, hero forge, heroes of order and chaos, legendary titans, emrsswar, avalonwar, tap three kingdoms etc
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
miketayo:

u didnt ask for a specific one .. order & chaos, roman empire, hero forge, heroes of order and chaos, legendary titans, emrsswar, avalonwar, tap three kingdoms etc
and only order and chaos and heroes of order and chaos are mmorpg among the ones u listed undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" / NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Mtn 2 Mtn Calls For Free At N50 Per Day/N200 Per Week (MTN JUST4U PACKAge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.