Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna (2702 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 / How To Drive A Car In Reverse Gear 5 Steps (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by kelechi04: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hello folks, please i have a slight issue with my car, its a 2000 Toyota sienna, 1MZ,3.0L engine, auto transmission.
Anytime i start the car in d morning and i engage the reverse gear, i normally get a loud noise and a sharp jerk pulling d car backwards before i move, but i dont experience it so much when i have driven the ride for long and d engine has really warmed up. The check engine light is off. I changed d atf recently with oando dextron III about a month ago thinking this will stop but to no avail. My mechanic has checked all my engine mounts. They are very ok.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by mayor2013: 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
Oando dextron 111 shocked. Is that the recommended ATF for your car. If am not mistakened yours should be toyota Type IV .as for the jerk and loud sound when you engage the transmission ask your mechanic to properly inspect your engine mount and transmission mount. There is a more professional way of checking. If any one need be changed an advice do not follow the idea of replacing the engine mount with a bushing. Get a well graded toks
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by starlingbawa(m): 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
Please there's a recommended TOYOTA ATF that you should be using on your Toyota Sienna. Please ask your mechanic to drain it Asap before it condemns your gear system!

I leave the stage for the 'CAR GURUS' in the house to enlighten you some more!

Goodluck and I hope your car stops giving you issues.

1 Like

Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by kelechi04: 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
D recommended ATF is Dextron III. is there any higher grade dextron III?
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by starlingbawa(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
kelechi04:
D recommended ATF is Dextron III. is there any higher grade dextron III?

Is this particular product 'SPECIFIC' to Toyota vehicles

That's the million dollar question I'm eager to find an answer to.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by kelechi04: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
starlingbawa:

Is this particular product 'SPECIFIC' to Toyota vehicles
That's the million dollar question I'm eager to find an answer to.
The Toyota branded ATF I know is the one that is called Toyota Type IV. It is sold in 4 litre tins and its not Dextron III. Its not for 2000 sienna. please if you know of anyone. Be more specific, as long as its Dextron III. Mobil has Dextron II. I need Dextron III.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by mayor2013: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
kelechi04:

The Toyota branded ATF I know is the one that is called Toyota Type IV. It is sold in 4 litre tins and its not Dextron III. Its not for 2000 sienna. please if you know of anyone. Be more specific, as long as its Dextron III. Mobil has Dextron II. I need Dextron III.

Go to your engine bay. Bring out the dip stick for guaging your transmission oil and check clearly what is written there.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by xreal: 12:14am On Jan 04, 2015
Engine mounts/engine seats came to my mind aswell, but others have made mention of it.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by nurey(m): 7:23am On Jan 04, 2015
The recommended ATF for that sienna is dextron iii that's what is written on my own dip stick. Now if you park on a sloppy ground and you are reversing there is always this sound when you move ur gear from P to R but u shouldn't experience jerking or vibration and there is this loud thud sound first time you move in reverse when parked on a sloppy road.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2015
nurey:
The recommended ATF for that sienna is dextron iii that's what is written on my own dip stick. Now if you park on a sloppy ground and you are reversing there is always this sound when you move ur gear from P to R but u shouldn't experience jerking or vibration and there is this loud thud sound first time you move in reverse when parked on a sloppy road.

The thud you hear is because you did not apply the parking brakes before setting lever to park position. Stop-neutral-parkingbrakes-parkposition. No thud.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by nurey(m): 6:37am On Jan 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The thud you hear is because you did not apply the parking brakes before setting lever to park position. Stop-neutral-parkingbrakes-parkposition. No thud.
The slope is from up to down if I park with my front against the slope I hear the thud cause I have to go out with reverse but if I park along the slope no thud when I shift to D.
Re: Banging Sound On Reverse Gear 2000 sienna by kelechi04: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Oga Gazzuzz, I always use this parking method since I learnt it from YOU long time ago. And I have been using it consistently. Do you think I should remove the transmission filter and wash it and refix

(1) (Reply)

May Car Don't Start immediately When Cold / Long-term Solution For Honda Car Ball Joint Problems Without Replacement / What Are The Differences Between 03/05 And 06/07 Honda Accord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.