Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? (33369 Views)

7 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Fresh Graduate Find It Hard To Get A Job / Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? / Please Who Knws How Much CSO'S In The Health Sector Collect As Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Mayosky15754: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
taiwolusol:

The disparity of opinions here will make you wish you never asked. grin

But with 2Years Experience, I won't ask for less than 200K

you really mean it?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by sueappostle(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
WITH THE LEVEL OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN NAIJA, SOME GRADUATES ARE READY TO START WITH 25K. HAVE IT IN MIND, YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS OR HAVE SUCH EXPERIENCE..!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mayosky15754:

you really mean it?

Every part wink
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Pabloescobar(f): 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
majekdom2:
do you know uche samuel .

Ibèèrè
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Pabloescobar:

Ibèèrè

shocked shocked Girl yio o nice Mehn... grin
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Skillz02(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Internet marketing is d best
Apart from earning cool income
U will be your own boss working
At least 3 hours a day. Pls contact
Netinformat@gmail.com for
entrepreneurs tips
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
Pabloescobar:

Ibèèrè
your moniker is the dude's nick name ... that was why I asked . take care .
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by funstufz: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
gememerald:

Yes, when you got skills like; cad designs, systems repair and networking, programming and the likes you can freelance between different companies

Yeah thats true sha but which or combinations of these skills would you recommend?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by uyuoko(m): 8:00am On Jan 05, 2015
majekdom2:
As a fresh graduate , never tell the interviewers an amount . tell them as it is on the company's payroll for your level . if you are further pressured , tell them you can come to an agreement after an offer has been made and that you are keen on developing yourself and adding to the company as you are being developed. its always a turn of for employers when fresh gaduates without experience starts talking money knowing fully well the company would be training and adding lots to you . This question is always a trap , there is nothing that will make them go above what they have on the payroll for entry level. So , Mr OP if you are still a seeker , never tell the a figure. you may ace other questions but I bet you will never get the offer if the interviewers are not ok with your answer to this question.
Exactly
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by gememerald(m): 8:12am On Jan 05, 2015
funstufz:

Yeah thats true sha but which or combinations of these skills would you recommend?

Actually you have to settle down first by deciding your target; do you want to make desktop applications, websites, web apps, mobile apps, or maybe you want to administer networks e.t.c; then you try to see if there is any market for it here, (because in Nigeria here, the mostly recognized programming language is Java followed by others in terms of full fledged programming language); then you have to think on how to solve common problems with it (it may be banks, institutions anywhere); then you sell it to them; You can also delve into system repairs, installations and networking (linux and the rest).
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by funstufz: 10:58am On Jan 05, 2015
gememerald:

Actually you have to settle down first by deciding your target; do you want to make desktop applications, websites, web apps, mobile apps, or maybe you want to administer networks e.t.c; then you try to see if there is any market for it here, (because in Nigeria here, the mostly recognized programming language is Java followed by others in terms of full fledged programming language); then you have to think on how to solve common problems with it (it may be banks, institutions anywhere); then you sell it to them; You can also delve into system repairs, installations and networking (linux and the rest).

Thank you Gemmeerald for your time, I believe that since you are on it with good experience, you could advice on the probability of combining the two:

Application making and Network Administration with system repairs, installations options.What of Accounting Packages and the likes.

If I may ask, do you train people on any of these.

Thank you
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by omooba25: 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
a lot of guys here are dreaming.you can't even collect up to 45k in state civil service and people still get married with that.lets pray for a better nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
omooba25:
a lot of guys here are dreaming.you can't even collect up to 45k in state civil service and people still get married with that.lets pray for a better nigeria
well the whole country is in mess! If you stay in places like Lagos or PH, you will find out its peanut you barely survive on that, but having a job could pave way for other jobs rather than wait @ home expecting 250k job when one will just be wasting @ home.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Rexphobia(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
ozo13:
abeg WC bank b DAT one

FBN...shey u wan see picture?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Rexphobia(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
magicfingers009:

Oga which bank? The highest paying bank for entry level is AccessBank and its almost N3m per annum. And since you said its your first job, it's definitely gonna be entry level.

FBN...2011...If I show you a copy of the letter, shey u go gree deactivate your account if na true...coz i no know why faceless person go dey lie for NL
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Rexphobia(m): 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
koolg:

Liar!!!

FBN...2011...If I show you a copy of the letter, shey u go gree deactivate your account if na true...coz i no know why faceless person go dey lie for NL
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by magicfingers009: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
Rexphobia:

You're the faceless liar. Snap and show us. First bank wey no pay reach N200k per month. Abeg. Go and sit down
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Teacup: 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
Rexphobia:
N3-N7m
YOU STAY FOR HOME TILL 2099 grin
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
Teacup:

YOU STAY FOR HOME TILL 2099 grin
u funny dude!
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
magicfingers009:

You're the faceless liar. Snap and show us. First bank wey no pay reach N200k per month. Abeg. Go and sit down

And some peeps just won't give up....lol
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Rexphobia(m): 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
magicfingers009:

For your attention sir... Allowances only
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by magicfingers009: 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
Rexphobia:

For your attention sir... Allowances only
Addition of all that allowances ain't up to 2MM. And from your 13th month, ur basis salary ain't up to 30k. Dont b deceived that u are earning money.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Rexphobia(m): 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
magicfingers009:

Addition of all that allowances ain't up to 2MM. And from your 13th month, ur basis salary ain't up to 30k. Dont b deceived that u are earning money.

Basic salary is about N319 (tax planning strategy)... Then the missing figures are profit sharing (up to a max amount, can't remember the figure and its obviously not on the letter, Pay for performance ( up to max amount too) and a very bogus health allowance ( up to 500k or there about) which is not monetized. You can only enjoy it when you visit the hospital. The major rip off are those three things I listed about coz it will only bloat your total package. For instance, you may never get up to 50% of the maximum amount. While the entire figure will be included in your offer letter.

I am not deceived, like I said it was a first job and I don't work there anymore.

If you are not convinced enough, then.....
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by ABEngine(m): 12:27am On Jan 09, 2015
How much does the boss earn? Make it twice that figure and we role grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CONOIL Is Collecting CV / Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure / ¤ JONATHAN KING LIMITED ¤ Canadian Visa Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.