Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) (48999 Views)

Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised) / Ghastly Motor Accident Kills 3 In Ondo State| GRAPHIC Photos(viewers Discretion / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
freeboy604:
These drivers will not learn, FRSC have warning about maximum kilometers per hour, so that even if there is tire bust you can still control it, but drivers will not hear

RIP to the dead. This new year...so bad...they thought they were in 2015 already.

You know this could happen to anyone'
They were on the highway...was he supposed to be doing 20km/hr?
What is the FRSC speed limit?
When this happens, it takes only the grace of God and personal experience to stymie it.

I am only surprised an experienced driver of a mass transit @that, could hit the brakes so hard...but then, Nigerian passengers ain't helpful @all.
I can imagine all of them shouting Blood of Jesus!...driver!driver! when it happened. That's enough to even confuse a driver.

2 Likes

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by samuelmag: 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
May their. Souls rest in peace.pls guys any of U find ursef in accident scene God forbid,call 911 its a functional emergency numba in Naija now.o.p incase of next tym God forbid sha,no stand dey snap call d numba!
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by MadCow1: 10:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rest in peace to the dead..

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Equado(m): 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
elantraceey:
Eewwwww , may the soul of the dead rest in peace . cry

I pray i never witness an accident . embarassed
amen!!!
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by agrovick(m): 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
HugeCock:
Word of advise to drivers. Wen you experience a burst tyre wen in motion DO NOT HIT THE BRAKES. R.I.P to d dead
True, I think panic is the major reason why drivers hit the brakes, the agitation of passengers is another thing
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by 360command: 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:
the annoying thing is the guy in the second pix trying to snap the face of a dying person when people were trying to help. That guy is everything that is wrong with Nigeria
shut up. Tomorrow you then say "pix or idonbeliveit"

2 Likes

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
360command:
shut up. Tomorrow you then say "pix or idonbeliveit"

Pele, Life must be so hard with you to a point you cant reason properly. Just take it easy
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by scobaba: 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
.....and I wil be travellin thru ds same road 2morw frm awka to abuja....na wa oo.

Drivin wt a 5month old preggy wife.....Hmmmm. fada take control.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by halleskey(m): 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
see wytin GEJ cus again ooooo

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by otbliz(m): 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

Y not first pray NOBODY died. The OP did not confirm anyone dead.
Are you sure?
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Charles4075(m): 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
HugeCock:
Word of advise to drivers. Wen you experience a burst tyre wen in motion DO NOT HIT THE BRAKES. R.I.P to d dead
My brother, if you've been in that situation before, you'll agree with me that it's not easy not to put your legs on the brakes.. It takes the grace, direction and boldness from God.. Have you ever run at a speed of 180km/hr and all of a sudden you hear a pop sound from your car tires? I'm a living testimony and till date I always give God the glory.. The key to reduction of accidents in our road these days is that:
1- We want to get to our destination very quickly thereby running at a speed of over 120mph- 140mph depending on the driver.
2- Most transport companies hardly change the tyres of their buses. A commercial bus tires should be changed completely every 6 months because of the wear and friction.
Lastly, Competition. This is the craziest, funny and thrilling part of driving. You'll find out some times on the highway some drivers hate it when other cars overtake them at high speed and later on flash them the danger sign signal. I too hate it a lot. I was on a trip yesterday from warri to benin and 2 muyi line buses with a toyota voltron and a tundra including myself if I should be honest were running at a speed of 160mph- 180mph all because of ''I'm not gonna allow you overtake me''.. I had to slow down because of my family and yet we all arrived within 5 minutes interval to benin. So bro, high speed is a major cause of this. I've seen cars flipped before my very eyes from one side of the road to the other side of the road along benin asaba express way and the cause was a little heap of sand. If that driver was running at a speed of 80 to 100mph, none would have died but it's too late. R.I.P to the dead. And to our youths out there, when travelling and you notice the speed at which your bus is moving is on a high, please caution your driver rather than telling him ''Driver-fire on joor''..
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by bigv(m): 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
To think I passed that route at about the same time. God Have mercy. I'm not more righteous than those people.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
What A Pity. A Bad News For A New Year.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Kassidy90(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
teemanbastos:
Lord have mercy...

But O.P xo you helped the victims by taking pictures? nigerians..!!

When most of us see even a man drowning, d next thing na to start taking pics.. Goddy

Scary scene tho'

i get ur point...bt av u heard about team no pic or i donbilivit on NL
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by teemanbastos(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
jimmy4x:

the child hasnt jumped into the well, in this case, the accident had occurred already, u are a common man, u no b red cross member, u no be frsc official, wetin u wan do, carry d dead dey go abi wetin?
yet taking pics is nt d best option
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by teemanbastos(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
Kassidy90:

i get ur point...bt av u heard about team no pic or i donbilivit on NL
lols.. Doubting thomasses plenty
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by otbliz(m): 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
LMAyedun:
Na wah oo! And without those pictures, you guys will still come here to say "Pictures or Adonblivit" undecided
Tell them jare.
Self righteous Samaritans
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by fattbabakay(m): 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
elantraceey:
Eewwwww , may the soul of the dead rest in peace . cry

I pray i never witness an accident . embarassed
dis 1 dah u'r on every thread I go...
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by peter1994(m): 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
see ppl snaping picshure instead of helping out

.shey u be journalist??
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
The OP did well to document the scene what if people viewing NL use the photos to identify their dead loved ones?

What did you want him to do anyway? would the authorities allow him to use his vehicle run the injured to hospital? which could sometimes cause more harm than good in cases of spinal injuries.
teemanbastos:
Lord have mercy...

But O.P xo you helped the victims by taking pictures? nigerians..!!

When most of us see even a man drowning, d next thing na to start taking pics.. Goddy

Scary scene tho'

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by CHPR: 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
oh no may God help us
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by efonat(m): 11:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
HugeCock:
What if the object u re about to collide with in front is worse than hitting the brakes wen it happens nko?
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by rafaelloteli: 11:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
SweetJoystick:
Instead of you to help, na photographer you choose to become for the scene angry

You all dey dere dey blame d OP, were u @ d scene of d accident or do u know whether or not he really assisted d injured after d shots....Nigerians n faultfinding sha
SweetJoystick:
Instead of you to help, na photographer you choose to become for the scene angry

You all dey dere dey blame d OP, were u @ d scene of d accident or do u know whether or not he really assisted d injured after d shots....Nigerians n faultfinding sha
SweetJoystick:

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by tomiobj(m): 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
Instead of u to try helpn. U start takn pics
RICHIEBOI1:
I saw dis accident happen dis afternoon along Asaba-Benin road. the commercial bus tyre bust and somersaulted. some casualties. some of d dead have been taken away. I must commend d prompt response of the FRSC to d scene m.

Source: Eye Witness
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 04, 2015
OP, thanks for taking the time to document this incident. At a scene not everyone can serve as a caregiver.

Folks, please take the time to look at the lack of threads on that overturned commercial bus tires.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by rastarman(m): 12:11am On Jan 04, 2015
I don't like why people are always complaining of helping accidents victim and people snapping pictures. stop being illiterate. medical and someone with knowledge of first aid can only give medical attention. but the role of Journalist is to share the information's and a Historian to keep records. mind you everyone is just doing their work and doing what they knows best.. else if you are accusing people who can discharge their duties and failed.

3 Likes

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 04, 2015
kamez:
Why are nigerians too enthusiastic about showing dead bodies?

I've often wondered the same.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by towbeelorbah(f): 12:41am On Jan 04, 2015
kamez:
OP people were dying and all u could do was to take pictures for nairaland abi? Instead of helping out..

It is well...
Did he tell you he's a doctor? Mk he touch dem, mk dem die abi? Dey won't say he was helping, they will say its his fault

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by gbodimowo(m): 1:21am On Jan 04, 2015
Kylekent59:

no be una go say pic or it didnt happen. Mtchew,, rip to d dead

You dey mind them mtchw
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Missfads(f): 1:40am On Jan 04, 2015
Mhmm.......God continue to protect us....

1 Like

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by deuce7(m): 1:48am On Jan 04, 2015
Someone is seriously injured and that guy in the second picture is closing in for a good pic. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV. / How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.