Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) (48985 Views)

Man Crushed To Death This Afternoon In Benin City (viewers Discretion Advised) / Ghastly Motor Accident Kills 3 In Ondo State| GRAPHIC Photos(viewers Discretion / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by femolala001(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Word of advise to drivers. Wen you experience a burst tyre wen in motion DO NOT HIT THE BRAKES. R.I.P to d dead
So what should the driver do?
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Kirinwa: 6:42am On Jun 14, 2015
Sylvarresta:
Op so u de dere de snap pix, u need help o
Smh

Stop this nonsense. Op thanks for snapping and informing us. Hypocrites everywhere.

Its no longer news that most commercial buses in Nigeria are running on expired tyres yet the kind of speed they engage in is even alarming. Even the passengers won't caution them forgetting that life has no duplicate. FRSC has to hard on them! Someone just lost a father, a wife, a husband, a child, an uncle etc and your interest is chiding op.

Rip to the dead, get well soon to the injured.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Kirinwa: 6:45am On Jun 14, 2015
femolala001:

So what should the driver do?

Ease up on acceleration, change gears and allow the car to reduce speed, then match break, remove key and ...
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by femolala001(m): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2015
Kirinwa:

Ease up on acceleration, change gears and allow the car to reduce speed, then match break, remove key and ...
Change gears? What if it is an automatic car?
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Kirinwa: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2015
femolala001:

Change gears? What if it is an automatic car?

Automatic cars don't have gears? Like seriously dude.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by femolala001(m): 9:45am On Jun 14, 2015
Kirinwa:

Automatic cars don't have gears? Like seriously dude.
U don't understand what I meant. I'm not saying automatic cars doesn't have gears, but there are some auto cars that u need to match the brake before you change gear.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Kirinwa: 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
femolala001:

U don't understand what I meant. I'm not saying automatic cars doesn't have gears, but there are some auto cars that u need to match the brake before you change gear.

Ease up on acceleration, the car will slow down with time, then break.

Human instincts would scream break though coupled with the shouting of passengers and confusion involved. Its a sorry situation.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by femolala001(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
Kirinwa:

Ease up on acceleration, the car will slow down with time, then break.

Human instincts would scream break though coupled with the shouting of passengers and confusion involved. Its a sorry situation.
This is exactly what I want to hear! U have just answered the question. God should just guide us from accident and untimely deaths.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by Originalsly: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Sad...may the injured make a quick recovery. My advice... before getting on these buses...take a quick look at the tyres to see if they are worn out/bald....if they are then the risk of a blow out or bus skidding off the road is high.
Re: I Witnessed An Accident (viewers Discretion Advised) by sultaan(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Every one is focused on the victims of this accident like we usually do.
What is done is done RIP to the dead.

Pictures like this is what the oyinbos need to investigate and prevent others from being victim of accidents like this.

If you take a look at pics of a hundred of these accident scenes take your eyes away from the victims for for a minute then look around the pic for a possible perpetrator. One thing you will find is a Hiace bus posing beside its latest victim.

It could be argued that overspeeding, bad roads,the tire condition and tire pressure could be the major factor in these carnage, but the fact that a Hiace is the most common perp when all other conditions exists in other models too.This suggests it has a fatal flaw with stability and safety.

How many live will be saved if Haice is restricted from speeds over 50mph.If there is no change in the way that model is used on the road bodies will keep showing up on the side of the highway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Plymouth Prowler Spotted At The Palms, Lekki (Pictured) / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.