Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. (41477 Views)

Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw / Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hopilo: 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
Current rating for top 100 electricity producers in the world shows Nigeria 4th in Africa, 70th in the world. more work needed to reach top 5 in the world and from the history of the nation in that ranking it took them over 30 years of consistent and articulated plan to reach that peak.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=100&v=79&l=en

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by simplemach(m): 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
We will surely get there. With GEJ as the captain of the ship, Nigeria will soon become #1 in Africa and may be around #10th in the world. #GoodluckNigeria

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by adaweezy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
with a total of :o170 million people compared to our population rank we only produce a mere 4000 MW
Someone said he does not deserve to be president if he can't address the issue of power in 4 years
GEJ till 2015 may 29
modified

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Isokay grin
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by SuperModerator: 9:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
too bad, 4th in Africa when no African country has up to half our population.

70th in the world despite being among top 10 most populated countries.

GEJ promised us steady power supply after is first term, but now he is seeking second term with epileptic power supply.

Buhari = hope for Nigeria

Authentic affordable customised jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2058146/original-foreign-customised-football-jerseys#29129704

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by fogechi: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
.giant of Africa
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by musicwriter(m): 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
There's nothing to be proud of here. This data will only make sense when compared to the population of a country.

For example; countries like Puerto Rico with population of less than half a million people generates more electricity than Nigeria (a nation of over 160 million people). I'm sure we have local government areas (LGA's) that are more populated than that country.

Again, the population of Azerbaijan is only about 10 million people. Even Lagos state alone is more than the population of Azerbaijan, yet they generate more electricity than entire Nigeria.

Shame on all past presidents of Nigeria, and their supporters.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
SO, THIS LIST IS TRYING TO TELL US THE AMOUNT OF ELECTRICITY GENERATED BUT NOT THE AMOUNT OF ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTED TO THE MASSES ABI?
IF NIGERIA IS THAT HIGH UP THE LADDER (THOUGH 4TH IN AFRICA AND 70TH IN THE WORLD IS ABYSMAL) THEN WHY ARENT WE HAVING 24 HOURS POWER SUPPLY?? DOES IT MEAN THAT THE POWER GENERATED IS BEING DISTRIBUTED TO INVISIBLE HOUSES OR INVISIBLE PEOPLE?

THIS IS A TRUE DEFINITION OF STORY FOR THE GODS!!.

VERY SOON ARDENT SUPPORTERS OF MEDIOCRITY WILL COUNT IT AS AN ACHIEVEMENT OF JONATHAN.

62 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by tradot: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
No light For Naija oo

EDITED: Ok FP things...

Please visit http://tradot.com to sell online, create a physical store, digital store, billing store, service store, or just create a business page or create a blog. Tradot has it all. Get Paid Online. Join Tradot Multi Market Place Visit http://tradot.com for more!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hardestyoung(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Then the whole of Africa is a mess. Just saying

11 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hahn(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
adaweezy:
with 170 million people compare to our population rank

Is this factor supposed to be a plus or a minus?

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Splashme: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Electricity supply will get better.
The right steps are being taken

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Brymo: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
waow
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by ednut1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nigeria will never have stable light because our leaders past nd present are in alliances with uk china japan etc to provide market for generators they cant use/sell in der country. bt i knw one day mikano perkins etc will be chased out

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omenka(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Just imagine the shame of a nation!!

War torn countries like Libya, Syria, and Iraq are above us yet some people wanna brag about this.

Let me do a little research about the electricity supply "per capita" and see where Nigeria stands!! I have no doubt in my mind we'd be the worst!!

Edit.

Booooo!!!! I said it!! Terrible!! cheesy

185th out of 214!!!
106KWh when a country like China with a population of over 2billion is providing its citizens over 11,000KWh per capita!!

www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=81000

Shame on our leaders!

The only reason why some Nigerians celebrate news like this is because they are simply ignorant. The best way to assess things like this is to look at them from a "per capita" stand point. I guess not too many people understand what this means. cheesy

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by pussypounder(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
h
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by PerfumeRepublik: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
hardestyoung:
Then the whole of Africa is a mess. Just saying
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Even libya better pass us. Fela I miss you

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by donmalcolm21(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rome was not built in a day but a lot of work still needs to be done, by the time GEJ will be leaving in 2019 the issue of power supply will be a forgone issue with the limitless power that will be distributed to households.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by GodMode: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lies...

If its true then Africa is really backwards...

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by tonjeola(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
is it true?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
ok ooh
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by tunbosun9: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
its was a mistake...electricity in Nigeria is poor
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by donmalcolm21(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Just imagine the shame!!
if other presidents before this regime had done what this regime is doing by privatizing the second and not embezzling 16billion dollars then we should be No 1 in Africa

13 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Cool83(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
We shall get there

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by aieromon(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
grin grin grin

April fool in January. I'm sure they added the 10hrs of electricity I've generated via my petrol generator today. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by baybeeboi: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
we have a better power supply here in Somalia

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by akog(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
With GEJ Naija will be der vry soon

8 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by malbro(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
I fink mai pakistan deserve better position

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by snika: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
"When wealth is lost, nothing is lost. When health is lost something is lost but when character is lost all is lost." -- Ukeoma Aikfavour, Youth Corps. member who lost his life during the 2011 Nigerian general elections.

His last update was, "Na wao! This CPC suporters would hv killed me yesterday, no see threat oooo. Even after forcin underaged voters on me they wanted me to give them the
remaining ballot paper to thiumb print. Thank God for the police an am happy i could stand for God and my nation. To all corps member who stood despite these threat esp. In the north bravo! Nigeria! Our change has come."

https://m.facebook.com/ukeoma.aikfavour?v=timeline

His friend commented, "Vive Emmanuel: Pls U all should pray for Aik. As @ystrda, some angry mob were shooting guns around them.They were able to take them later 2 d nearest policestation only for him to call that the mob were threatening to burn down d place.We've lost contact with him cos hes phone has been unreachable. Kindly pray for him &others in the same condition. Tnx"

Enough hardship
We don't want sharia
We don't want born to rule
We don't want terror sponsors

Vote for freedom

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Oyenirany(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
More strength for you our Leaders....
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Demdem(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
How much has Jonathan added for the past six years?
The fool remains a curse.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

TAN Shuts Down Lagos For Jonathan (photos) / Buhari Appoints His Nephew Tunde Sabiu As NIA Director - Peoples Gazette / Men Of Power: Nigeria’s Most Influential Power Brokers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.