Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,923 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Wrong Turn... A short story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wrong Turn... A short story (2024 Views)

Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / One Wrong Turn A Story By Alex / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 04, 2015
PROLOGUE
My name is Aro. My story is not a strange one, many guys like me have lived the same life.
And many more will,
but I ll share this and hope someone will learn.

What are you still waiting for? " Go and take the money; nobody will find out not even your mom or dad. You know we been a professional in this game so we know how to defend ourselves said; sammy. Am scared, i haven't done this before, this my first time and if my parents finds out am dead, especially my mom who takes me as a good child of her own! Said Aro. I no know why you dey fear like this, just go to your mum purse and take the money, she wont notice! Said larry! I'll try but what if she finds out, what do you guys think me i do? See just say; you know nothing about it and beside your mum wont look at you that you lying because she thinks you wont do it, said sammy! You gat a point there, which means i just have to lie to her and feels like i did nothing right? Ask Aro? Exactly said larry, you know it always been this way when it your first time, dont worry you will get use to it and i promise you, you going to enjoy it! Said sammy! I was playing along feeling i was doing the right thing not knowing it was my wrong turn!
D9ty7, frank317, stuff46, TheRock5555,Thronekid ,Fatalveli . You the only guys i've known here on NL and i need you guys help here!
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 12:15am On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee Dix Wil B Ma First Tym In Readin Ur Story So I Want U As Ma Oga......nd Pls Branch Ma Thread. https://www.nairaland.com/2070028/story-lost-cold-world-emotional
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 04, 2015
Cybershow:
Shaxee Dix Wil B Ma First Tym In Readin Ur Story So I Want U As Ma Oga......nd Pls Branch Ma Thread http//www.nairaland.com/2070028/story-lost-cold-world-emotional
i'll bro! I'll like to know what you think about this story
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 12:21am On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
i'll bro! I'll like to know what you think about this story
My Thought Abt It Z Dat D Boi Name Aro May Leta Listen To His Fwend
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Cybershow:
My Thought Abt It Z Dat D Boi Name Aro May Leta Listen To His Fwend
we still have along way to go in this story! Just need the bosses to view it and give me their own thought about it!
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
we still have along way to go in this story! Just need the bosses to view it and give me their own thought about it!
Kkkkk Boss Shaxee
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 04, 2015
Out of errors of others, a wise man corrects his own
(1)

"It was a sunday morning, feeling lazy to get up from my bed, the sun was yellowish, the birds singing, cars and cyclist moving from one destination to another, i struggle and get up from my bed, and dash into the bath room, to take a shower, from the bath room, i could hear mom cooking and singing, little sister and brother shouting trying to get prepared for church as usual, my dad on the other hand in the sitting room watching the early morning news, my dad was a tough man, he once narrated to us how he normally gets in to fights in his early age, and warn us not to be like him, but who cares, nobody, whenever he narrates his childhood story, i don't bother listening because i don't care! I could hear mom from the kitchen, screaming my name ""Aro aren't you awake yet?" my mum shouted from the kitchen "I'm awake" I replied "Then what are you still doing indoors" "Mum I'm in the bathroom" "Alright, be quick about that and come help me out in the kitchen." "I'll be there in a second" I replied as I got out of the bathroom, took a towel to dry my body, rubbed my soft skin with a cream after which I dressed up and dashed into the kitchen. Before i could get to the kitchen mom was already done with the cooking, all i could assist her on is just to help her serve the food, every body was in the dinner table, i helped mom to serve the food, we all eat, and dash to church!!

8am on monday

It was monday, my siblings and i was getting ready for school, i once thought to my self, how wish there wasn't no school, i'll just sleep all day at home! But i have no choice since everythinq is predicted by nature, we all ate our breakfast, i was on my way to school when i met sammy! Sammy is a popular guy in my school, he's been known by everybody in the school, lemme say, he's famous, i've dreamt to be like him, i wanted people to know me, i wanted people to love me, just the way God love jesus, i was ready to do anythinq just to be one of the best in school, but didn't know all this was leading me to my own destruction and lusts.
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2015
Oh Still Ffg Dat A Nyc Part....move On
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Fatalveli(m): 8:33am On Jan 04, 2015
Nice one bro, here are the few mistakes I want to point out:

You didn't use punctuation in the Epilogue.

This statement is totally wrong.

"Aro" aren't you awake?, am already at
wake i replied, then what you still doing in
your room? Mom, am already in the bath
room taking my bath, alright, be quick
about that and come and help me in the
kitchen, alright i'll be there in a second, i
replied, i gets out from the bath room,
take a towel, to dry my body, take a cream
rob it on my soft skin, wore my clothes
and dash to the kitchen!

It should be.

"Aro aren't you awake yet?" my mum shouted from the kitchen

"I'm awake" I replied

"Then what are you still doing indoors"

"Mum I'm in the bathroom"

"Alright, be quick about that and come help me out in the kitchen."

"I'll be there in a second" I replied as I got out of the bathroom, took a towel to dry my body, rubbed my soft skin with a cream after which I dressed up and dashed into the kitchen.

It makes reading easier, I'm a little bit confused at first, you have to let us know who the speaker is.

There are still many more mistakes I shud have pointed out but time is not on my side

Note: punctuation are very important in a narrative story! After that, you are free to ride on.
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 04, 2015
Fatalveli:
Nice one bro, here are the few mistakes I want to point out:

You didn't use punctuation in the Epilogue.

This statement is totally wrong.

"Aro" aren't you awake?, am already at
wake i replied, then what you still doing in
your room? Mom, am already in the bath
room taking my bath, alright, be quick
about that and come and help me in the
kitchen, alright i'll be there in a second, i
replied, i gets out from the bath room,
take a towel, to dry my body, take a cream
rob it on my soft skin, wore my clothes
and dash to the kitchen!

It should be.

"Aro aren't you awake yet?" my mum shouted from the kitchen

"I'm awake" I replied

"Then what are you still doing indoors"

"Mum I'm in the bathroom"

"Alright, be quick about that and come help me out in the kitchen."

"I'll be there in a second" I replied as I got out of the bathroom, took a towel to dry my body, rubbed my soft skin with a cream after which I dressed up and dashed into the kitchen.

It makes reading easier, I'm a little bit confused at first, you have to let us know who the speaker is.

There are still many more mistakes I shud have pointed out but time is not on my side

Note: punctuation are very important in a narrative story! After that, you are free to ride on.
thanks bro, i've corrected some places
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2015

(2)

We arrived at school, but find our senior prefect's standing with cain's inside the school, but to my POV, i saw that; sammy wasn't scared, he bounced into the school, none of the seniors utter a word to him, i guess it was my lucky day, because, i followed him, but the way the seniors looked at him, it seems they were afraid of somethinq about sammy, which i didn't know but still wanna be like sammy, i once heard in the school premises, that sammy once slapped a teacher just because the female teacher shouted at him

Itz been along day in school, i was begining to qet tired, i decide to meet sammy and discuss thinqs out with him, but couldn't found him in school that day, many thoughts ran through my mind, did he always skip school, but why? I manage to ask some few student if any of them have his number, that was when i met larry! Larry was a handsome guy whom have almost bleeped all the girls in the senior classes, it just like magic, he genius doing sures thinqs, hagging around with girls; larry gave me sammy numbers because they were friends, but i wanted to be like them, wanted people to fear and adore me, like am a God/super man on top of the word.

Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 04, 2015
Cybershow:
Oh Still Ffg Dat A Nyc Part....move On
thanks bro! Whatsup!
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
PROLOGUE
My name is Aro. My story is not a strange one, many guys like me have lived the same life.
And many more will,
but I ll share this and hope someone will learn.

What are you still waiting for? " Go and take the money; nobody will find out not even your mom or dad. You know we been a professional in this game so we know how to defend ourselves said; sammy. Am scared, i haven't done this before, this my first time and if my parents finds out am dead, especially my mom who takes me as a good child of her own! Said Aro. I no know why you dey fear like this, just go to your mum purse and take the money, she wont notice! Said larry! I'll try but what if she finds out, what do you guys think me i do? See just say; you know nothing about it and beside your mum wont look at you that you lying because she thinks you wont do it, said sammy! You gat a point there, which means i just have to lie to her and feels like i did nothing right? Ask Aro? Exactly said larry, you know it always been this way when it your first time, dont worry you will get use to it and i promise you, you going to enjoy it! Said sammy! I was playing along feeling i was doing the right thing not knowing it was my wrong turn!
D9ty7, frank317, stuff46, TheRock5555,Thronekid ,Fatalveli . You the only guys i've known here on NL and i need you guys help here!
We dy here bro
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
thronekid:

We dy here bro
lols, thanks bro
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
lols, thanks bro
Yu'r welcome,haw church tday na?
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
It'x going t be an interesting stowie bro,u just need t work on yr grammar.
Afta dat,u'r gud t go!
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
thronekid:

Yu'r welcome,haw church tday na?
church was cool, and yours?
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
thanks bro! Whatsup!
Everytin Dae Fyn
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
Cybershow:
Everytin Dae Fyn
thats cool then
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
church was cool, and yours?
Mine? U knw me so?
Come online on fb,i've gat a question waitin t b answered by you,owk?
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
thronekid:

Mine? U knw me so?
Come online on fb,i've gat a question waitin t b answered by you,owk?
alright, be right there
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
thats cool then
Yea..tenx
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Cybershow:
Yea..tenx
You're welcome!
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
You're welcome!
Yea so hapi xundae xir
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
God's word warns: "Do not be misled. Bad associations spoiled useful habits"
(3)
i reached home, very tired and exhausted! Of The hard work that occurs in school, i need to sleep, but dashed to the bathroom to take a shower! Immediately i went out of the shower! I wasn't feeling like sleeping again, i decide to call sammy for some explanation why he wasn't in school all day, but his phone was switched off! I went to the sitting room, seeing my dad sitting on the couch, i wanted to took permission from him before going out but feels it wasn't necessary because he wont allow me to, i wanted to visit my course mate! Her name is joy, joy have been the only girl that i've made friend with, and she very naive and quiet, i don't know why but i like her, but cant summon the courage to let her know, i let all those in the back of my mind, hoping one day every thinq is going to be fine! But i wasn't sure! Due to how guys approaches her!!

On my way to her place i saw larry on the way, i guess he was on his way to buy somethinq when i approach him!! Whatsup larry, ah Aro am cool and you said larry, am fine, i said, where are you going now; i asked with concerned! I wanna go buy somethinq at the chemist, he said, and what could that be bro? I ask! You really want to know?; asked larry! Yeah, i want to know i replied, i want to go buy a condom at the chemist, i want to use it this evening; he said, i wasn't so surprised because he's use to it!, i quickly excuse myself because i don't want to be caught with him by one of my father spy thats watching over my moves. But i don't care because i've always find my way out of my dad's punishment!

ALL ACTION STARTS FROM NEXT CHAPTER: i'll be expecting your comments
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
Cybershow:
Yea so hapi xundae xir
same to you
Re: The Wrong Turn... A short story by Cybershow(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
Shaxee:
same to you
alrit

(1) (Reply)

ABIN GUJEWA by Ibrahim M Gombe / Latent Alpha / She Wants To Pay Back With Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.