Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,031 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

I Have Passion For Filmmaking –victor Olaitan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Have Passion For Filmmaking –victor Olaitan (932 Views)

Photos: Between Olaitan Ogungbile (sugar) And Seyi Edun(shai) Who Is More Beauti / How NYSC Helped My Filmmaking Career! / Anichebe Victor Is D.J Cuppy's Boyfriend - Fan @zee.audu Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have Passion For Filmmaking –victor Olaitan by waleadex(m): 7:19am On Jan 04, 2015
Victor Toye Olaitan is an actor, director, MC and media consultant. He is the lead character of the most successful soap series on DStv, Mnet African Tinsel. In this interview with Victor Udoh, he talks about his foray into the movie industry, among other issues. 

You were the only one they picked for the Fred-Ade Williams role in Tinsel, how were you able to get the role?

It’s God’s favour. I believe I was favoured. I really don’t have much to say about that because there are many good actors in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Ghana. But for you to be favoured, there has to be some skills that go with it. I have been in this industry for over 40 years. I have skills.

What do you see as your achievement in the past 40 years?

Basically, today we have places in over 50 countries in Africa, Europe,America and Australia. Our predecessors never got the opportunity we have today. I think that’s an achievement for me in the industry.

Which of your movies thrust you into the limelight?

I did ‘A Production of Timing’ with a producer, Oloolu Ogunniyi, and that was the first major movie on Nigerian Television. That really brought me out.

What are your plans for the next stage?

We have a lot of projects we are planning. We are looking at multinational productions right now. I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag. There is a production we are working on now.

You act in both English and Yoruba movies, and you are also a model; of these, which do you really have passion for?

I have a passion really for filmmaking. However, filmmaking has not really been entrenched in Nigeria because we do television movies and all that stuff. In filmmaking, I like what Samuel Jackson is doing in America; I really envy him.

What is your take on piracy?

Piracy is a sad story that affects every filmmaker, even the actors because today an average actor does not get residue on the film they make. That needs to stop. If you look at it, many of them would say they have done over 50 movies and yet nothing to show for it. The passion we have for movie is the luxurious life that goes with it. Though we have not got it in Nigeria, we pray to get there before people like us leave the industry.

What is your philosophy of life?

My philosophy is that you get what you deserve. If it comes to you bad, that’s what you deserve. God is not wicked. If you deserve something good, He will give it to you. Some people will wish they were billionaires. If you were a billionaire, you might have died many years ago; so He gives people what they appropriately deserve.

Many actors are venturing into politics; do you have any such plan?

I don’t; I have been approached a few times but I am scared. For me, politics in Nigeria is rough and it takes a very brave heart to be there.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Prof Osinbajo Pays Courtesy Visit To Femi Kuti At His Home / Download VIDEO: Chidinma – “kite” / REVEALED: So Singertope Alabi Has A Secret Love Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.