Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? (27386 Views)

What Do You Think Of First Fruit Offering? / If You Read This And Still Later Pay Tithe And First-fruit, Then Prove Me Wrong. / Should Christians Pay First Fruit Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2015
Is first fruits not an old testament practice under the law of moses? Are born again christians suppose to pay first fruits today? Did paul, peter, james etc collect first fruits offering or salary from their members? Why then are pastors collecting first fruits today? I need answers to this?

5 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Raiders: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2015
Yes!!! Infact you should give all your monthly salary to your pastor so he can use the money to buy his private jet so he can fly to heaven to meet god. Monkey dey work while babbo dey chop

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 8:26am On Jan 04, 2015
Raiders:
Yes!!! Infact you should give all your monthly salary to your pastor so he can use the money to buy his private jet so he can fly to heaven to meet god.
this whole January salary belongs to them. what can i do? i dnt know if it is really scriptural to pay first fruits today?
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by okpamson15(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2015
They only follow and quot what wil favour them. Na God

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 9:57am On Jan 04, 2015
okpamson15:
They only follow and quot what wil favour them. Na God
are u saying it is not biblical to pay it?
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by okpamson15(m): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
are u saying it is not biblical to pay it?
i dnt no
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2015
okpamson15:
i dnt no
ok. Let me wait for others to say something about this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by PastorKun(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
Is first fruits not an old testament practice under the law of moses? Are born again christians suppose to pay first fruits today? Did paul, peter, james etc collect first fruits offering or salary from their members? Why then are pastors collecting first fruits today? I need answers to this?

Christians are not meant to pay first fruit today. The first fruit teaching in some churches today is derived from fraudulently twisting scriptures and mis applying it to christians. It's an act of pure fraud on the part of preachers who preach it and it should be condemned in it's entirety.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by clevvermind(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2015
PastorKun:

Christians are not meant to pay first fruit today. The first fruit teaching in some churches today is derived from fraudulently twisting scriptures and mis applying it to christians. It's an act of pure fraud on the part of preachers who preach it and it should be condemned in it's entirety.
do u have scriptures to back up your claims?
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by PastorKun(m): 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
clevvermind:
do u have scriptures to back up your claims?

It is those you claim that christians should pay first fruit that should provide the scriptures and let's examine if it's rightly divided and really applicable to new testament christians.

9 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by flipboss(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
Well.... i wonder too. First fruit is an old testament concept. What new testament demands is offering, tithe and gift to ministers and it doesn't have to be monetary.
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Raymondfayowole(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
NO.....if u wnt 2 follow d old testament law y don't u follow all d law but wen it comes 2 money, givin dat is d law u will remove nd start followin....givin of tithe, first fruits nd so all dis r false doctrine

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Smurfette(f): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yes, Proverbs 3:9, honour the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your Crops.

6 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Dwady(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Maybe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by stinggy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yes give it to the needy or your parents!

9 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by kingthreat(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
The first fruits I was taught to pay is to give your entire first work salary as a tithe. Not the every year full salary tithing.

11 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Smurfette(f): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yes

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
Who should they give it to , God or the MOG.

- if you say God, does God eat Money .
- If you say MOG, what does he use the money for if not to build his empire and live in opulence while you his minions keep slaving and suffering to support his 'vision' hoping that at the end of the day you will make heaven , lol.

cool

8 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by segzicres(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
biggest scam since tithes were invented

5 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by santana45: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yes, it's necessary. As God leads.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by asodeboyede(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Search The Scriptures!

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Dunno undecided
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by asodeboyede(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
....Upon Whom The End Of The World Has Come!
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Beehshorp(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nothing like first fruits jare we have been enlightened on this topic in the new testament dunno if am wrong offer 1/3 not all of them..

i would entertain ur quotes and mention if am wrong
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by duni04(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
Raiders:
Yes!!! Infact you should give all your monthly salary to your pastor so he can use the money to buy his private jet so he can fly to heaven to meet god. Monkey dey work while babbo dey chop
grin
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Odebanky(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
At the last days many fake prophets will rise up teaching the wrong messages and misleading the believers. You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

6 Likes

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by ShakurM(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
Apple or orange? I'm confused sad

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by SmooshCHN: 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
frosbel:
Who should they give it to , God or the MOG.

- if you say God, does God eat Money .
- If you say MOG, what does he use the money for if not to further build his empire and live in opulence while you his minions keep slaving and suffering to support his 'vision' hoping that at the end of the day you will make heaven , lol.

cool

Hmm, you better give it. You don't know if you've been giving it unknowingly to the Mama T wey dey sell Moi-Moi
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by adrelanine: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by ednut1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
if i hear fruit my a$$, its very shameful now dat almost every street has 3 churches. yet we are still chronic sinners. most of today's pastors are jst after money. Diaris God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Chrisx1x(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Stil thinking of what to type

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? by Akshow: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
first fruit kor, lost fruit ni.

I was in church today and d pastor preached and preached about tithe and how we should vow to times two our offerings this year.

I just siddon dey look am cos no amount of him mombo jombo go make me give more than d two huns I intended giving.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyans Celebrate Apostle Suleman's Birthday (Photos) / Colourful Photos From Daystar Christian Centre's Christmas Carol / MURIC Rejects Bishop Kukah’s Almajiris Plan Of Training 10 Million Almajiris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.